Some news on upcomming Ele and War buffs

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nimrod.9240

Nimrod.9240

From the PvP forums , i thought it also belongs here:

By technically I mean that we are giving some nice changes to ele but there is so much going into that patch that trying to gauge the meta or what will be strong/too stronk/weak/too weak is just not possible right now.

I’ll say that internally staff Ele has turned out to be strong, scary strong against condi meta. The glass cannon specs seem to be unchanged but the tankier dps specs have seen substantial improvements. Enough? Arguable. At least ele will now bring the cleanse support it has needed. Will the Signet of Resto change be enough to make it super strong? Arguable, but it’s definitely a viable option now. Do you want to lose the cleanse from ether renewal? Probably not.. but dagger specs see a nice sustain boost from using RS. Additionally, our changes has brought a new role to ele and it’s one hell of a role! I’m sure plenty of people will have tons of fun messing around with what they can do on ele now.

Regardless, it’s just really hard to say where ele will stand on the tier chart in PvP with double on swap sigils coming in alone. This might over scale certain specs into godliness while bringing other classes up to par at the same time. We will have to see the implications of what a bunch of stacked up hydromancy, energy, battle, and geomancy sigils do to the tides of battles. Every single class has such drastic improvements to sustain through this that it makes glass cannon specs stand up stronger against foes, at the same time it allows full tank builds to bring out more damage while supporting their group. There is a lot more might flying around. With warrior 5 second weapon swaps, they can utilize 4 different on swap sigils as compared to what most classes can do with 2.

It’s just difficult to gauge at this point with so much happening. I really wish we could speak about what else is changing, but hopefully time flies quickly and we can deliver the news asap. Ele will however, be in a better place than it was I assure you.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The title is misleading. The sigil updates will positively affect all professions, and it is impossible to say at this juncture which will benefit the most.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: pza.8024

pza.8024

it will have potentially the least impact on both engineer and elementalist, thats for sure. This is due to their lack of ability to swap weapons in combat, making them have a maximum of 2 on swap sigils working, . Warriors, rangers, necros, mesmers, thieves and guardians though wil have up to 4 on-swap sigills working at a time.
the remaining question is if a build with 4 on-swap sigill will be useful. only time can tell.

from the abovementioned post i can see:

• rangers will get their power builds buffed → welcome to pve, rangers!
  • elementalists will get their condition builds buffed – welcome to pvp, eles!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Not holding my breathe about Ele changes, from what they have said so far it means nothing, SoR is still going to be rather weak due to the fact you will be dead way before it does anything anyway.

The Sigil changes are surely going to be WEAKER for Ele and Engineer, are thy going to be getting buffs elsewhere to counter the fact they can only have 2 sigils? While every other class could have access to up to 4?

Said before and i will say again, Ele needs its health and armor status looked at, at the start when it was SO strong, it was acceptable to have low health – they have had damage, mobility and healing nerfed….Got nothing for it while other classes have been given buffs, some given insane buffs.

Even the “zerk” builds, you miss ONE hit, get dodged, invuled or anything and you are pretty much dead. Ele have the worst defensive skills and on insanely long cool downs, like pretty much every skill, utility and elite…

Sure, people use the “oh but you can heal with skills” now if only that was true for D/D the heal is a JOKE, a 40 second cool down, no water field, barely a heal at all, I have 500 Healing power and its like 1,800 healing and 1 condition removed….40second cool down for THAT!?

As for the condition comment about ele, Yeah that won’t happen. Until Toughness/Vit/Condition damage Amulet is introduced the Condition Ele wont stand a chance in S/TPvP. Then you have the lack of covering conditions as well as insane cool downs on weapon skills, utilities and elites. Going to be a while, if ever that the Condition ele could be a really viable build, right now (and i have tried it) it is hit and miss, mostly miss in S/TPvP. In WvW it depends on the situation, works great in my Guild groups, terrible solo but then again most ele builds are due to the fact you can get melted in seconds thanks to an unreasonably low amount of health and armor (this needs to be looked at!)

(edited by ArmageddonAsh.6430)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

I will interpret this for what it is and be very hopeful, for condis are the only place I struggle.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming