Soon everyone has a mobile 100b..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

If Meleebow becomes the new Ranger meta, I will laugh and give OP 1g. Add me ingame, and remember me.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arcades.4689

Arcades.4689

I have a gs ranger. The weak auto attack is compensated by the dps boost by maul, but anyway ranger’s gs is a much more defensive weapon set. I strongly prefer ranger’s gs skills to the warrior ones (that’s why a play a gs ranger, and not a gs warrior).

Warrior’s gs is pure offense (with a weak auto attack and a skill with less dps than whirling wrath that roots you in place) and mobility (with a horrbly bugged mobility skill. The other one is fine, though).

Warrior’s gs auto attack:
2*259 (0,7)
333 (0,9)

Guardian:
2*296 (0,8) (15% base, +15% scaling)
443 (1,2) (
33% base, +33% scaling)

Whirling wrath dps >> 100b dps

1085 (2,8) in 3/4s
vs
1624(4,4)+406 (1,1) in 3 +1/2 s

100b is a very ugly skill, only good in pve. I’d swap it for maul.

If you say so. I am in the top 25 on with my warrior. I do not use long bow. At all. If you think long bow is mandatory, then I think you might fall under the L2p issue that happens a lot in Gw2.

What’s your build? When I played a condition warrior i simply steamrolled anyone without lb. My gf plays a condi necro and does the same.

(edited by Arcades.4689)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

1)axe is a bad stan alone weapon. No utility, just high auto attack damage. It’s only used thanks to sigil of intelligence (no war ran with axe pre 15th april).

2)how can you be in top 200 and not know that lb is mandatory for war thanks to the condition removal? warrior has no active con removal apart from cleansing ire and signet of stamina.
I’m rank 44, and i’ve never, ever, ever saw a mace/gs war in pvp. EVER.
You have to sacrifice a lot of armor and hp, condition cleansing and utilities just to land a skill with less dps than guardian’s gs 2 and 3+1/2 secs of channel time.
Also, I can kill gs warriors easily with a power ranger (and I’ve played no more than 70 matches with this class), and have you ever saw a gs war in a ToL match? I haven’t. Power ranger is more represented than gs warrior!

3)warrior’s gs mobility < ranger’s gs mobility. But you can nerf that kitten mobility if you really want, it’s only useful for running around the map in pve.

I have a gs ranger. The weak auto attack is compensated by the dps boost by maul, but anyway ranger’s gs is a much more defensive weapon set. I strongly prefer ranger’s gs skills to the warrior ones (that’s why a play a gs ranger, and not a gs warrior).

Warrior’s gs is pure offense (with a weak auto attack and a skill with less dps than whirling wrath that roots you in place) and mobility (with a horrbly bugged mobility skill. The other one is fine, though).

Warrior’s gs auto attack:
2*259 (0,7)
333 (0,9)

Guardian:
2*296 (0,8) (15% base, +15% scaling)
443 (1,2) (
33% base, +33% scaling)

Whirling wrath dps >> 100b dps

1085 (2,8) in 3/4s
vs
1624(4,4)+406 (1,1) in 3 +1/2 s

100b is a very ugly skill, only good in pve. I’d swap it for maul.

If you say so. I am in the top 25 on with my warrior. I do not use long bow. At all. If you think long bow is mandatory, then I think you might fall under the L2p issue that happens a lot in Gw2.

What’s your build? When I played a condition warrior i simply steamrolled anyone without lb. My gf plays a condi necro and does the same.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. do u even play this game bro?

like he said, I think u fall under the “l2p” category of players.

half of your arguments have been proven wrong by other posts.

gs warriors are common btw… never seen a good one? lmao. fight Vassangel and come back to me.

and its obvious you haven’t been around the game long then. mace/shield-gs warrior was meta a few months ago.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Longbow always did kind of suck for the Ranger, to be honest, and everyone knew it. Giving it actual spike damage would help fulfill the dreams of many Rangers who wanted to play long ranged sniper burst direct damage characters, which the class is strangely poor at right now.

in Profession Balance

Arcades.4689

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. do u even play this game bro?

like he said, I think u fall under the “l2p” category of players.

half of your arguments have been proven wrong by other posts.

gs warriors are common btw… never seen a good one? lmao. fight Vassangel and come back to me.

and its obvious you haven’t been around the game long then. mace/shield-gs warrior was meta a few months ago.

Warrior gs are common? In pvp? Are we playing the same game?
Mace/gs was never a meta build for pvp. Since… 8 months, at least. I’ve been playing pvp since december, and gs warriors were never meta.
I prefer playing my kitten lb/gs ranger rather a 100b bot, and in my team I’d take a medi guardian over a gs warrior 99% of the time.

And my points haven’t been proven wrong.
Guardian gs has 20% more dps than the warrior one, while ranger’s gs is a much more defensive weapon. And I have a medi guardian and a gs/lb ranger so…

Warrior’s gs is a pure trolling/wvw roaming weapon. But keep living in your own little worlds, I’m tired of talking to people who have never used that weapon.
I won’t really cry if they nerf warriors to the ground, I’ll just use my guardian or ranger and have fun with them.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Warriors have no way to avoid conditions apart from berserker stance (60 sec cd).
That means that without CI/bow, you’ll get wrecked by any condi build able to kite or blind spam you. You’re a melee animal, and In a teamfight you’ll end up dead as soon as a condi necro/ranger/engi shows up.
I’m pretty sure that even a condi guardian could steamroll a war without CI and/or longbow.

You guys cry all day “warriors have so much damage and survivability!” “this meta is full of bunkers!”, and then you don’t want to make zerker builds viable.

You just want warriors to have no condition cleansing, no vigor, no invulnerability skills, no mobility and weak dps. I’m pretty sure this isn’t balance.

Warriors have some of the best condition cleansing is you spec for it, only thing is, when you spec for the condi cleanse, it limits what offensive traits you can take. A shout warrior with soldier runes for example, has no problem with conditions, at all, however it’s not the best 1v1 or 1v2 build out there.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Profession Balance

Arcades.4689

If you’re a shout warrior you can’t have bullrush or frenzy, so you can’t really use a gs, and you won’t be able to take both merciless hammer and burst mastery.
I think that’s a nice build for wvw, though.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

We will see, and for the record, i dont complain about rangers.
I complain about warrior GS, the weapon could really need some fix/buffs. rush is nice for running but the skill sucks at hitting.. make it a 900 leap or something..
100b (what i ALREADY where saying in this topic) you can remove some damage from 100b in return we get a mobile 100b.. so we dont NEED other weapons for a 100b (maby new 50b) so even GS becomes good in pvp.

warrior GS, the weapon could really need some fix/buffs.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21100000/lolige-the-word-lol-21172012-258-196.jpg

You only post some words from my post…

Ugh, whatever… this community is very bad @ GW2
People can only flame at this forum and say they know the best and call the rest noobs..

Ok, seriously now. I’ll tell you why the warrior GS doesn’t need any buffs:
1) Ranger Rapid Fire vs. Warrior Hundred Blades
As zerker, 100b hits as double as hard as rapid fire does.
2) Not every weapon is good for everything. Some warriors might forget that. The ranger does suffer from this quite heavily. The only weapons good enough for PvE the ranger has are sword, warhorn and sometimes OH axe. The ranger GS is only viable if you don’t want or can’t play with the sword.
3) Rapid Fire can be evaded, blocked or obscured, just like 100b can be. You want your favourite weapon in PvE be also the best weapon for PvP? Not gonna happen, suck it up.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Is this a troll thread? a warrior complaining? XD

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Profession Balance

HHR LostProphet.4801

Warriors have no way to avoid conditions apart from berserker stance (60 sec cd).
That means that without CI/bow, you’ll get wrecked by any condi build able to kite or blind spam you. You’re a melee animal, and In a teamfight you’ll end up dead as soon as a condi necro/ranger/engi shows up.
I’m pretty sure that even a condi guardian could steamroll a war without CI and/or longbow.

You guys cry all day “warriors have so much damage and survivability!” “this meta is full of bunkers!”, and then you don’t want to make zerker builds viable.

You just want warriors to have no condition cleansing, no vigor, no invulnerability skills, no mobility and weak dps. I’m pretty sure this isn’t balance.

Warriors have some of the best condition cleansing is you spec for it, only thing is, when you spec for the condi cleanse, it limits what offensive traits you can take. A shout warrior with soldier runes for example, has no problem with conditions, at all, however it’s not the best 1v1 or 1v2 build out there.

Oh, you have to make a tradeoff? Good for you. It’s not like other classes have to make a tradeoff too.

in Profession Balance

Arcades.4689

I complain about warrior GS, the weapon could really need some fix/buffs. rush is nice for running but the skill sucks at hitting.. make it a 900 leap or something..
100b (what i ALREADY where saying in this topic) you can remove some damage from 100b in return we get a mobile 100b.. so we dont NEED other weapons for a 100b (maby new 50b) so even GS becomes good in pvp.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21100000/lolige-the-word-lol-21172012-258-196.jpg

People can only flame at this forum and say they know the best and call the rest noobs..

2) Not every weapon is good for everything. Some warriors might forget that. The ranger does suffer from this quite heavily. The only weapons good enough for PvE the ranger has are sword, warhorn and sometimes OH axe. The ranger GS is only viable if you don’t want or can’t play with the sword.
3) Rapid Fire can be evaded, blocked or obscured, just like 100b can be. You want your favourite weapon in PvE be also the best weapon for PvP? Not gonna happen, suck it up.

Why can’t a weapon be good for pve and pvp? Apart from conditions or defensive ones, that are useless in pve, most weapons are useful both in pvp and pve.
Is that some strange kind of skin balance issue?
With the new balance preview, rapid fire will have more dps than 100b, and mh axe will probably be nice in pve.

in Profession Balance

HHR LostProphet.4801

Why can’t a weapon be good for pve and pvp? Apart from conditions or defensive ones, that are useless in pve, most weapons are useful both in pvp and pve.
With the new balance preview, rapid fire will have more dps than 100b, and mh axe will probably be nice in pve.

Warrior GS can deal massive direct damage but requires the target to stand still. That applies to PvE, that’s why it’s good. However it doesn’t in PvP, that’s why it’s bad.
The channel time for rapid fire will be 2,5 seconds. Evade once and you’ve mitigated half the damage. Or do you listen to players who cry about how hard 100b hits if they refuse to dodge out of it? On a site note: No, it wont have more DPS than 100b.
And MH axe isn’t an option for PvE.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I complain about warrior GS, the weapon could really need some fix/buffs.

Right, because Warrior is in such dire need of buffs and fixes over any other profession in this game ><. I think you need to understand how limited resources work.

in Profession Balance

Arcades.4689

Warrior GS can deal massive direct damage but requires the target to stand still. That applies to PvE, that’s why it’s good. However it doesn’t in PvP, that’s why it’s bad.
The channel time for rapid fire will be 2,5 seconds. Evade once and you’ve mitigated half the damage. Or do you listen to players who cry about how hard 100b hits if they refuse to dodge out of it? On a site note: No, it wont have more DPS than 100b.
And MH axe isn’t an option for PvE.

100b: 2030 (5,5) 3 1/2 secs
580 (1,57) dps
rapid fire: 528 (1,5) dps
Almost the same dps. But I thought the new cast time for RF would be 2 secs, not 2,5 (wich would put its dps above 100b).

I’d just like they would change some horribly designed skills (arcing slices and bladetrail), cut 100b duration (withouth increasing its dps) and fix that kitten rush (they can put it a 900 range, for all that it’s worth).

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

sure, i don’t mind a buff to gs as long as you make sure to nerf healing signet, cleansing ire, beserker stance and longbow then we have a deal?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

You aren’t going to stack nearly enough might on axe to make it worth bringing over 1h sword with the new MM trait. Maybe a little better on trash mobs, but it will be only slightly better than the “meh” it is no against a single target.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

You aren’t going to stack nearly enough might on axe to make it worth bringing over 1h sword with the new MM trait. Maybe a little better on trash mobs, but it will be only slightly better than the “meh” it is no against a single target.

with boon duration and enough enemies, you could get 15+ stacks, and still apply chill to add extra damage through the new trait.

it’s more bursty than continuous damage, but i imagine it would be interesting to do on PvP.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell