Upcoming Sigil change and Fast Hands

in Profession Balance

Posted by: florence.1674

florence.1674

With the new sigil changes coming, some people have already highlighted the potential abuse that might happen with Fast Hands.

There are many who are dismissing this as a non-issue but 1 sigil stands out for me and I wish to try and discuss this now, and hopefully avoid this becoming a major balance issue come balance patch.

Superior Sigil of Energy
- Gain 50% of your endurance when you swap to this weapon while in combat.

Essentially, warriors will refill their bar by 50% every 10s. This is 1 free dodge every 10s on top of whatever vigor and endurance recovery the warrior already has. This is another throwback to perma-evade.

Does anyone else see this as a issue or am I making molehills again.

WvW law #1: nobody in WvW can count.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

All of the “on-swap” sigils have 9 second cooldowns, which Fast Hands doesn’t go well with. So, it’s no different than if you had two sigils of energy, really.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

florence.1674

No, there is a difference.

Warrior with fast hands:
0s: swap to energy sigil
5s: swap out of energy sigil
10s: swap to energy sigil

2 times proc in 10s.

No fast hands:
10s: swap out of energy sigil
20s swap to energy sigil

2 times proc in 20s.

Big difference in my opinion. Unless the sigils only start its cooldown when swapped out, then I will agree with you.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

The issue arises when you are using different sigils. Example: Having a sigil of energy and a sigil of battle on 1 set, having a sigil of goemancy and hydromancy on the other. Swap to first set a proc 50% endurance and might, 5 seconds later you swapp to second set proccing AoE bleeds and Chill. That’s 4 different procs in a 10 second span. There several powerful combinations which I will not name that would ridiculously OP.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Well done bringing this up, definitely needs adressed… Especially since 2 handers are getting double sigils as well… Hambow-P

Edit: I can’t think of an easy solution… Maybe give classes 2 universal “swap” cooldowns that get used any time you get a swap effect?

(edited by ens.9854)

in Profession Balance

florence.1674

The easy solution I think is to make on-swap sigils only start their cooldown after you swap out of it. But even then, you reduce it to 2 times in 15s for the warrior. :/

in Profession Balance

Posted by: scabrous.7835

scabrous.7835

No worries since hopefully, in this case, you’re all wrong
There will be no ICD on the same type of sigil e.g. Battle/Energy/Geomancy etc.. However, if you have e.g. Energy on Hammer and Energy on Greatsword the ICD from the first sigil of energy will put the second one on ICD as well.
On the other hand, if you have energy on Hammer and Battle on Greatsword – yeah, you get one of the procs every time you swap.

TLDR; No global cooldown for the same TYPE of proc; global cooldown for the same sigil.

Three Jackdaws – SD4Life – Desolation EU
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

in Profession Balance

Julie Yann.5379

There will be no ICD on the same type of sigil e.g. Battle/Energy/Geomancy etc.. However, if you have e.g. Energy on Hammer and Energy on Greatsword the ICD from the first sigil of energy will put the second one on ICD as well.
On the other hand, if you have energy on Hammer and Battle on Greatsword – yeah, you get one of the procs every time you swap.

TLDR; No global cooldown for the same TYPE of proc; global cooldown for the same sigil.

That’s basically what I said in my post and it is a problem. Warriors will have the advantage of proccing 4 different sigils every 10 seconds when using fast hands where all other classes get only 2. Seems a little OP to me.

in Profession Balance

ens.9854

This IS the problem—warriors can get twice the procs of anybody else by using 4 swap sigils and fast hands. This way they get to swap weapons halfway through their sigils cooldowns and get 2 procs every 5 seconds instead of having to wait 10.

They get the same effect from 1 sigil of energy that other professions require double for. (1/4 sigils instead of either 2/4 sigils or 1/2 for ele/engi)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

@OP: Engineers and Elementalists can already proc their on-swap sigils every cooldown, so the Warrior gaining this won’t be anything new... but with the current state of the War, it better be done in such a way that they don’t dominate the meta for /another/ million years to the next balance patch.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

@OP: Engineers and Elementalists can already proc their on-swap sigils every cooldown, so the Warrior gaining this won’t be anything new… but with the current state of the War, it better be done in such a way that they don’t dominate the meta for /another/ million years to the next balance patch.

They’re both locked up to 2 sigils when the patch comes though and they can only proc on-swap sigils every 9 seconds while warriors can proc up to 4 every 10 seconds. The frequency of a warrior swapping weapons can be very similar to how much an elementalist swaps attunement (frequency of how they can proc 1 on-swap sigil) so Warriors still get an advantage here. No matter how many times an engineer changes kits, he will still need to wait 9 seconds to proc the 2 sigils again.

in Profession Balance

florence.1674

@OP: Engineers and Elementalists can already proc their on-swap sigils every cooldown, so the Warrior gaining this won’t be anything new… but with the current state of the War, it better be done in such a way that they don’t dominate the meta for /another/ million years to the next balance patch.

No. Engineers and elementalists can only equip 2 signals, while warriors can equip 4. Although I agree that engineers and elementalists will be able to easily proc 1 particular sigil every 10s with only 1 copy of that sigil.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Oh, yes, sorry - I was only referring to the "proc on-swap sigil every time it’s off cooldown" issue, florence, by noting that two classes pretty reliably do this right now anyway.

Warriors getting to proc up to 4 on-swaps, every cooldown, could prove to be problematic though. Nerfing the cooldowns to 20 seconds would affect Engineers and Eles, who arguably need more love than War right now, and nerfing the sigil effects would just make them less useful for everyone.

Guess we’ve got to wait and see what the balance team have come up with.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

One of the reasons, why Sigils and Runes will get overworked all together for sure also.. by the way.

im pretty sure we will see especialy on the sigils alot of mechanic changes, once 2h weapons become able to use 2 sigils at the same time.
because some of the mechanics just surtely work currently only, because we are currently forced to use specific weapons, if we want to have 2 sigils at the same time, so these effects are balanced based on the weapon skilsl of those weapons that you can use 2 sigills with.
ANet currently hadn#t to take into consideration the balance of 2 sigigls with the 2 hand weapons, but if they change it, they absolutely weill need to consider the synergies of the sigils with the 2h weapon skills resultign into significant sigil/rune changes of such a scale, that it is better to redesgin better completely the whole Sigil and Rune System, also when you think about something, like adding ascended runes and ascended sigils, which are also missing still and would be needed t be implemented to make ascended equipment complete.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DanSH.6143

DanSH.6143

Elementalists and Engineers can “abuse” swap sigils too, stop the warrior hatin’.

Griften

in Profession Balance

ens.9854

Elementalists and Engineers can “abuse” swap sigils too, stop the warrior hatin’.

been explained several times that they cannot, because they can only equip 2 sigils total with 9 second cooldowns

The only other possibility is if they nerf swap sigils so that its not even worth it to have 4 of them

in Profession Balance

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Pretty sure that the developers commented on this in an earlier post, and confirmed that warriors will get more out of this than other classes. Just one more thing to give to warriors that no other class gets…..

#WarriorOP

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Pretty sure that the developers commented on this in an earlier post, and confirmed that warriors will get more out of this than other classes. Just one more thing to give to warriors that no other class gets…..

#WarriorOP

Don’t all the devs play Warrior as well, thats…convenient.
Sorry but no excuse for this, the Sigils HAVE to be made to work the same for EVERY class they should NOT be better for one specific class

Maybe just remove the Fast Hands trait?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Best solution is to nerf warrior and remove fast hands altogether.
No more need to impose special nerfs to everyone else when one profession can be brought down alongside the rest of us.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Big difference in my opinion. Unless the sigils only start its cooldown when swapped out, then I will agree with you.

Well, “big difference” is relative.
The non-Warrior will emulate the endurance gain of the warrior by equipping a Sigil of Energy in both weapon-sets.

So in effect, the Warrior gains a Sigil slot. Not the +100% endurance regen.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Best solution is to nerf warrior and remove fast hands altogether.
No more need to impose special nerfs to everyone else when one profession can be brought down alongside the rest of us.

Its a stupid trait anyway. So best solution would be to remove the trait altogether and that would solve the issue 100% – Now what is the likelihood of that happening? Slim, Very slim

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Best solution is to nerf warrior and remove fast hands altogether and give it to rangers.

Fixed that for ya.

You’re welcome.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaYoshi.3429

NinjaYoshi.3429

Best solution is to nerf warrior and remove fast hands altogether and give it to engineers.

Fixed that for ya.

You’re welcome.

Double fixed, because I want half second swap times.

Ze Butler – Level 80 Human Engineer, and a lot of alts
[YOHO] – Its a Pirate Life for Me

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I’m pretty sure they’ll implement something so that fast hands doesn’t enhance sigils to ridiculous levels… I’m actually surprised they never nerfed sigil of energy previously like they did sigil of battle since it’s one of the most powerful sigils in the game. But I guess they may have had the sigil/rune balance thing in the works for awhile now, so there wasn’t much point in changing it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

energy sigil has always given the equivalent of perma vigor and it stacks with vigor… :/

people just rather have like 3-6 might or crit procs or inaccessible condis..

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Profession Balance

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

Anet also said they will look into every sigil and it’s current dmg / effect.
Perhaps they will change energy sigil to only give back 25% endurace.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

You do realise they said sigils of the exact same kind will still share an icd. So 2 energy sigils will share the 9 second cooldown. This means no matter how many energy sigils you equip on warrior you will only get 1 proc every 9 seconds.

No, there is a difference.

Warrior with fast hands:
5s: swap out of energy sigil
10s: swap to energy sigil

2 times proc in 10s.

No fast hands:
10s: swap out of energy sigil
20s swap to energy sigil

2 times proc in 20s.

This is exactly how it is already right now. Its not an imbalance because of sigils. Its just a really strong trait. Some classes have to equip an energy sigil on each weaponset, warriors dont. Eles and engis dont have to either, atleast the warrior has to trait for it.

(edited by Spoj The Second.7680)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

The issue arises when you are using different sigils. Example: Having a sigil of energy and a sigil of battle on 1 set, having a sigil of goemancy and hydromancy on the other. Swap to first set a proc 50% endurance and might, 5 seconds later you swapp to second set proccing AoE bleeds and Chill. That’s 4 different procs in a 10 second span. There several powerful combinations which I will not name that would ridiculously OP.

This is the issue that I bought up in a thread on sPvP the day after the news came out. The devs obviously didn’t consider it. They obviously didn’t reply to the thread and don’t comment on the issue.

And yes it will be completely broken. We all know it. Warrior is getting a massive buff with these changes

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Whit.2385

Whit.2385

There’s a thread somewhere (probably spvp forums) with a dev confirming that Warriors will be able to proc more ‘on swap’ sigils than any other class with the fast hands trait, and he goes on to say something like “they can do pretty amazing things” with it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: pza.8024

pza.8024

Best solution is to nerf warrior and remove fast hands altogether and give it to my gf.

You’re welcome.

Double fixed, because I want half second swap times.

fixed.

@OP i’m pretty sure this topic comes in too late for anet to see it, discukittenange it, test it, translate it fix the changes bugs. but oh well, just hope.

sorry for ot.^^

edit: whats wrong with the word “d i s c u s s”?

edit2: messed up the quoteception, sorry. nvm

(edited by pza.8024)

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

They should have thought of this from the start. The person mentioning Ele and Engineer – not quite sure what you are getting at, surely this change will buff EVERYONE with Warrior getting buffed the most thanks to the broken trait they have that is a minor trait at that – the only 2 classes that are limited to 2 sigils…Them being Ele and Engineer are the ones that should be questioning this.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Maybe I am missing something here. If the warrior has energy sigil in both weapons, how is it they are taking advantage of energy sigil over other classes if the energy sigil shares an ICD of 9 seconds? The cooldown doesn’t start until you are in combat and swap to the designated weapon containing the sigil.

The sigil will share the same ICD regardless of which weapon is equipped. Really I think having the energy sigil in both weapons will be a waste unless you swap weapons every 10 seconds. Since most warriors with fast hands swap every 5+ seconds then I would only put it on my primary weapon set.

Combat starts and you swap to your next weapon set procing energy. It starts the 9 second cooldown.

After 5 seconds the warrior swaps to the next weapon set but it will not proc energy due to the ICD.

Warrior swaps back to the original weapon set at 10 seconds and it will proc. This is no different from any other class. It’s the same for all weapon swap sigils. You can’t abuse Battle in this way either.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

(edited by ArtemisEntreri.4138)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Maybe I am missing something here. If the warrior has energy sigil in both weapons, how is it they are taking advantage of energy sigil over other classes if the energy sigil shares an ICD of 9 seconds?

Yeah I don’t even have any idea of what is going on in this thread, it was even making me confused.

in Profession Balance

Julie Yann.5379

Maybe I am missing something here. If the warrior has energy sigil in both weapons, how is it they are taking advantage of energy sigil over other classes if the energy sigil shares an ICD of 9 seconds?

Yeah I don’t even have any idea of what is going on in this thread, it was even making me confused.

The OP is wrong in assuming that you could spam sigils of energy and battle.
Here is what we know.

-On different on swap sigils will no longer share and ICD.
-if you equip the same sigil on 2 weapon sets it will only proc once every 9 secs.
-If you equip different sigils you will be able to proc each one of those every 9 secs.

Warrior with fast hands trait will be able to proc 4 different sigils every 10secs. They are the only class that will be able to do this. Here is how it works.

Swap to set 1 to proc sigils A and B, 5 seconds later swap to set 2 and proc sigils C and D, 5 seconds later swap back to set 1 and proc sigils A and B again.

in Profession Balance

ArtemisEntreri.4138

The OP is wrong in assuming that you could spam sigils of energy and battle.
Here is what we know.

-On different on swap sigils will no longer share and ICD.
-if you equip the same sigil on 2 weapon sets it will only proc once every 9 secs.
-If you equip different sigils you will be able to proc each one of those every 9 secs.

Warrior with fast hands trait will be able to proc 4 different sigils every 10secs. They are the only class that will be able to do this. Here is how it works.

Swap to set 1 to proc sigils A and B, 5 seconds later swap to set 2 and proc sigils C and D, 5 seconds later swap back to set 1 and proc sigils A and B again.

Agreed. Every single sigil that is proc’ing is a different sigil.

Weapon Set 1 – Battle + Energy
Weapon Set 2 – Hydromancy and Geomancy

That’s the only thing warriors will have over other classes. If they dropped the ICD of weapon swap sigils to 6-7 seconds that would at least come half way for Ele’s.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

…or just put add sigil of force in both and 2h weapons have become 5% stronger. Hopefully they’ll nerf 2h weapons to compensate for this additional sigil slot (as they did when eng kits were allowed to proc sigils), but afaik nothing had been confirmed.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Profession Balance

ArtemisEntreri.4138

…or just put add sigil of force in both and 2h weapons have become 5% stronger. Hopefully they’ll nerf 2h weapons to compensate for this additional sigil slot (as they did when eng kits were allowed to proc sigils), but afaik nothing had been confirmed.

lol what? You can’t stack 5% force sigils if that is what you are trying to say. The damage different between a 2h and a 1h is not huge either.

in Profession Balance

Aberrant.6749

lol what? You can’t stack 5% force sigils if that is what you are trying to say. The damage different between a 2h and a 1h is not huge either.

Nah, I’m not saying 2 force =‘s 10% on the weapon. Say if you used something like battle before (or whatever), you now have another slot open which you can toss in an additional sigil. Say you choose force. You’ve just increased the damage 5%.

Additional sigil =‘s more damage potential (among other things). Hence you need to nerf the 2h weapons to compensate. Unless you’re trying to say all 2h weapons are UP right now?

Tarnished Coast

in Profession Balance

Julie Yann.5379

Nah, I’m not saying 2 force =‘s 10% on the weapon. Say if you used something like battle before (or whatever), you now have another slot open which you can toss in an additional sigil. Say you choose force. You’ve just increased the damage 5%.

Additional sigil =‘s more damage potential (among other things). Hence you need to nerf the 2h weapons to compensate. Unless you’re trying to say all 2h weapons are UP right now?

A little off topic but I just had to add to this. The reason 2 hand weapons hit harder is because they are slower to wield. DPS wise many 1 hand weapons out damage 2h weapons. I’m don’t think stat increase sigils stack. Even if they don’t, I can already here the QQ for my Hammer equipped a sigil of force and sigil of impact. Hello Earthshaker combos, it’s going to be lolz.

in Profession Balance

ArtemisEntreri.4138

...or just put add sigil of force in both and 2h weapons have become 5% stronger. Hopefully they’ll nerf 2h weapons to compensate for this additional sigil slot (as they did when eng kits were allowed to proc sigils), but afaik nothing had been confirmed.

Nah, I’m not saying 2 force =’s 10% on the weapon. Say if you used something like battle before (or whatever), you now have another slot open which you can toss in an additional sigil. Say you choose force. You’ve just increased the damage 5%.

Additional sigil =’s more damage potential (among other things). Hence you need to nerf the 2h weapons to compensate. Unless you’re trying to say all 2h weapons are UP right now?

Oh I see. What’s going to be scary is Battle + Strength sigil. Might creating monsters.

Greatsword warriors and high crit guardians using Empowering Might are going to terrorize everyone once they pick up Battle + Strength.

in Profession Balance

ens.9854

Getting energy sigil proc every 10 seconds for 1/4 slots totally isn’t abusive at all… As if wars already aren’t hard enough to kill

in Profession Balance

Aberrant.6749

They did say they would be re-balancing them all to 100% on crit for those types… hopefully they’ll be re-balancing energy etc. as well… but again… afaik no official info.

Tarnished Coast

in Profession Balance

Julie Yann.5379

They did say they would be re-balancing them all to 100% on crit for those types… hopefully they’ll be re-balancing energy etc. as well… but again… afaik no official info.

I curious to see what they will come up with. Sigil of fire and Air with 100% on crit as it is now would be somewhat ridiculously OP on I precision builds. Sigil of blood would make healing signet, adrenal health warriors have even more mind blowing regen.

in Profession Balance

Spoj The Second.7680

Getting energy sigil proc every 10 seconds for 1/4 slots totally isn’t abusive at all… As if wars already aren’t hard enough to kill

Its already like that. Are you guys intentionally being ignorant? Cause im struggling to see what the problem is. The only advantage will be that warrior can take 4 different on swap sigils and get them to all proc every 10 seconds. But then how many decent on swap sigils are there? Energy and battle are the only ones i would use in pve. Its hardly a major imbalance.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: pza.8024

pza.8024

you forget they are planning to rebalance every single sigil and every single runeset. so POTENTIALLY it could become an issue, and if, only for warrs.

in Profession Balance

Julie Yann.5379

Its already like that. Are you guys intentionally being ignorant? Cause im struggling to see what the problem is. The only advantage will be that warrior can take 4 different on swap sigils and get them to all proc every 10 seconds. But then how many decent on swap sigils are there? Energy and battle are the only ones i would use in pve. Its hardly a major imbalance.

A little imbalance in PvE won’t have a ton of people crying OMG OP. Being able to proc 4 different on swap sigils will make my OP PvP and WvW warrior builds even more OP. Thieves will also have some pretty crazy builds with the 100% on crit sigils which won’t share and ICD anymore either.

in Profession Balance

Spoj The Second.7680

A little imbalance in PvE won’t have a ton of people crying OMG OP. Being able to proc 4 different on swap sigils will make my OP PvP and WvW warrior builds even more OP.

I was using pve as an example. Please list the on swap sigil combo’s that you would consider op. Because im still not seeing the issue. Its an advantage yes, not op though.

And i imagine they will tone down warriors in the patch at the same time. So hopefully warriors wont be so completely op after that.

Thieves will also have some pretty crazy builds with the 100% on crit sigils which won’t share and ICD anymore either.

So will every other class. It seems like you guys are just speculating and using it as an excuse to ask for nerfs to other classes. I suggest you wait until we have more info or until the patch hits. Theres no way of knowing how things will turn out until we know more.

(edited by Spoj The Second.7680)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

Best solution is to nerf warrior and remove fast hands altogether and give it to engineers and rangers.

ReFixed.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I dont get why Fast Hands is even a minor trait.

in Profession Balance

Julie Yann.5379

A little imbalance in PvE won’t have a ton of people crying OMG OP. Being able to proc 4 different on swap sigils will make my OP PvP and WvW warrior builds even more OP.

I was using pve as an example. Please list the on swap sigil combo’s that you would consider op. Because im still not seeing the issue. Its an advantage yes, not op though.

And i imagine they will tone down warriors in the patch at the same time. So hopefully warriors wont be so completely op after that.

Thieves will also have some pretty crazy builds with the 100% on crit sigils which won’t share and ICD anymore either.

So will every other class. It seems like you guys are just speculating and using it as an excuse to ask for nerfs to other classes. I suggest you wait until we have more info or until the patch hits. Theres no way of knowing how things will turn out until we know more.

Of course I am just speculating, we have very little information on any of these changes and given Anets track record on class balance all we can do is speculate on possible outcomes using what we know and proposed changes in the proposed balance update notes.

My SS/LB dualing build is already really strong 1v1, if I had a sigil of geomancy and a sigil of doom on 1 set with a sigil of intelligence and a sigil of fire (which is supposedly going to be 100% on crit) on the second set it would drasctically increase my condition damage potential compared to other condi classes that can only proc 2 sigils every 10 seconds. Even using a sigil of battle and a sigil of hydromancy on the second set would drastically increase my DPS compared to other condi builds.

Thieves already have insane bursts from stealth and can trait for 100% crit from stealth. Imagine a thief bursting from stealth and proccing both sigil of fire and air simultaneously , smells OP to me.

My WvW roaming hammer warrior has 99% crit chance on ES. I could do insane damage as well by proccing sigils of fire and air on an already strong Earthshaker.

I can already see some might stacking monsters using sigil of battle and sigil of strength.

This is one hell of a power creep that Anet is throwing at us.

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)