[Warriors] best landspeed, no balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Ow and you know whats so funny? A mesmer gets our waypoint contested for days now.. I hop on my warr and use sword/gs.. And even i couldnt get him..
And so does 30 people running around to get him.. Nodody could…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

It has bothered me for a long time that I spend traits or utilities for mobility just to see some other profession create a gap while running away by using skills designed for gap closing.

I am okay with the skills that require ground targeting of some kind. But skills like rush should require a target that is in range to function.

In before they nerf such skills the same way they nerfed Ride the Lightning. Gonna be a tear-filled day…

Expecialy elementalist if is given the same treatment to RTL.

RTL already got heavily nerfed because it was being used for escape and not for gap closing, or did you forget?
It used to be on a 15 second cooldown with 1500 range, now it is on a 40 second cooldown if it misses, 20 if it hits, and had its range reduced to 1200, in case you haven’t been around long enough to remember. Most of us just want warrior dedicated “gap closers” to be given the same treatment.

Give target requirement to RTL as people want to warrior movements to have and see their reaction.
In this case ANet actualy could reverse RTL nerf because no one will ever use it to escape.

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

this is working as intended.
warriors are meant to be fast.
what is the problem?

do you remember that warriors have no direct access to:
- stealth
- illusions
- death shroud
- pets
- minions
- protection, aegis

warriors are balanced and not overpowered, it has been more than a year since launch, please accept that already.

Most other classes don’t have access to:

-Very strong heals
-Highest armor class
-Highest HP pool
-Immunity to condis/damage via stances (including shield stance)
-Utilities that can heal for 2k+ that also have strong utility aside from that

Etc… You forget that wars have access to defensive things that other classes do not. Before you “oh he’s just whining blah blah blah”, I have a level 80 warrior that I roam in WvW with quite a bit.

To be fair, could you list out everything that all other classes have for defense? We need a full list for comparability if you are going through with this argument. /tangent

warriors do not have strongest heals guardians do.

I said strong heals, not strongest, so you’ll need to go back and read my post again. And, Warriors do have stronger heal skills than Guardians. Guardians just have more skills that heal (shield 5, tons of utilities/traits). The actual healing skill Warrs have is stronger (E.g. Signet of Resolve Vs. Healing Surge). Healing Surge is 9,820 with 30 second CD, Signet of Resolve is 8,150 on a 40 second CD. Healing signet heals about double over 40 seconds what signet of resolve does, lol.

warriors do not have highest hp pools necroes do.

This is patently FALSE. Both classes have the exact same amount of HP. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Health

When I said highest I took that into account, they do have the highest base HP, and so do necros. You, however, said Warrior does NOT have the highest hp pools.

every class in the game has utilities that heal on use, why dont you use yours?

Most are no where near as potent, and no not all classes do (Mesmer for example, IIRC, has none whatsoever).

it is not an IMMUNITY to conditions it is a condi cleanse its a big difference it takes up a utility slot and once used goes on cooldown.

Lol what? I’m talking about berserker’s stance…

THE ONLY THING THAT IS RIGHT IS THE ARMOR CLASS, AND WITHOUT ARMOR ITS NOT A WARRIOR ANY MORE ITS A THIEF.

Every single thing I said in there was entirely accurate, it is not open to dispute. One can say that, in spite of my list, other classes out-do warrior. That is open to dispute. The list itself is, however, completely accurate (or nearly so). On the other hand, you managed to make a mistake with every single response you made.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

I just feel that warriors with their ultra tankiness, passive healing, and beast dps do not deserve to have an option for this much mobility. Bulls charge is ok because it is a utility. But elementalists had their fun spell (ride the lightning) gutted because they were abusing it much like warriors are….just don’t think it’s fair is all…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: junho.7825

junho.7825

LOL, I really hoped someone didn’t come up with the highest HP with armor thing about warriors. Those are CHARACTERISTICS OF PROFESSIONS.

Anet, I will give you a great idea about this statement. Just delete all of professions and give only one which can use all of weapon types and 30/30/30/30/30 traits with the same utilities. So many ppl here who doesn’t accept the difference of professions are QQing about warriors on this forum. or.. just make this as “how can we nerf warriors? so we can get free kills as warriors were used to be ^^”

in Profession Balance

Arius.7031

LOL, I really hoped someone didn’t come up with the highest HP with armor thing about warriors. Those are CHARACTERISTICS OF PROFESSIONS.

Anet, I will give you a great idea about this statement. Just delete all of professions and give only one which can use all of weapon types and 30/30/30/30/30 traits with the same utilities. So many ppl here who doesn’t accept the difference of professions are QQing about warriors on this forum. or.. just make this as “how can we nerf warriors? so we can get free kills as warriors were used to be ^^”

I believe the characteristics of each given profession are, in fact, what make it overpowered/underpowered. The Mesmer clones (a characteristic of said profession) make them very OP in duels. More correctly, the way that characteristic interacts with others is what makes them OP.

Again, closing your mind off and pretending that nothing can be wrong with your class is not the answer. I play a Warrior just as most other people here do. Warriors are overpowered in a lot of different ways, it’s time people start accepting that fact and discussing where the issue lies rather than if it exists or not. It does, it is, we are OP and we’re too easy for how strong we are. That’s the way it is.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Precisely the point. With those characteristics, the ability to exploit gap closers for excessive movement speed is well over the top. Nice to see you are in agreement.

Mobility is counter to the balancing philosophy Jonathan Sharp posted. For that matter so is “cleansing Ire”.

“We want the Warrior to be capable of good melee damage in a sturdy body. They can still do some decent damage at range, but they aren’t as good at it as the Ranger (with their pet). They have a hard time taking enemy boons down, and instead, have to just go through them with raw force. They may have a hard time with enemy conditions, and may need to ask for ally help in order to keep themselves free of hampering conditions.”

No where in there is high mobility mentioned. Yet they have it. As a matter of fact, it very specifically states lacking condition removal, yet they turn around and give them “cleansing ire”.

Then to top that off, they have a very cheap investment to acquire high HP+High GP regeneration.

How on Earth does excessive HP regeneration combined with cleansing ire equate to weak to conditions?

We have to draw the line somewhere.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Reduce Rush (GS#5) from 1200 range to 600 range.

Done

I’ll take my paycheck now ANet.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Profession Balance

Posted by: IFreedom.4637

IFreedom.4637

Since bloody everone here who seem to have problems about the kitten land speed of warriors have no idea what they are talking about. Heres a easy version for you chums.

I would assume u guys have problems with the full running warrior, in order to achieve this movement a war has to equip gs, swd/warhorn with bulls charge. In this setup a warior will have a hard time doing damage both with a group and solo, making it the easiest set up to fight. Sure he would run away at first signs of a loss but he would be of no danger to anyone even if the war is in full zerk. (If you have problems dueling this kind of warrior you do have to work on learning to fight better with your class.)

The seond most mobility set up is those with gs with any other weapon and bulls charge. This set up will have the warrior left with 2 utility slots. And if u see the war use bulls charge during the fight, only the gs will be left to escape (which I will get into later) even in this spec dd eles, thiefs and some mesmers are able to catch and kill this warrior.

That third most mobile warrior is those with only gs without bulls charge( the wepon set and utility I run the most) in this build most classes which pay attention to when the war draws out the greatsword and cc smartly would be able to catch and finish off the war.

Learn more before you go take a huge dump in the forum.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: junho.7825

junho.7825

Since bloody everone here who seem to have problems about the kitten land speed of warriors have no idea what they are talking about. Heres a easy version for you chums.

I would assume u guys have problems with the full running warrior, in order to achieve this movement a war has to equip gs, swd/warhorn with bulls charge. In this setup a warior will have a hard time doing damage both with a group and solo, making it the easiest set up to fight. Sure he would run away at first signs of a loss but he would be of no danger to anyone even if the war is in full zerk. (If you have problems dueling this kind of warrior you do have to work on learning to fight better with your class.)

The seond most mobility set up is those with gs with any other weapon and bulls charge. This set up will have the warrior left with 2 utility slots. And if u see the war use bulls charge during the fight, only the gs will be left to escape (which I will get into later) even in this spec dd eles, thiefs and some mesmers are able to catch and kill this warrior.

That third most mobile warrior is those with only gs without bulls charge( the wepon set and utility I run the most) in this build most classes which pay attention to when the war draws out the greatsword and cc smartly would be able to catch and finish off the war.

Whenever you told that fact, ppl who are arguing nerf about warriors won’t listen you
They are just warrior haters

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

or just take Greatsword for Rush…
The ONLY people that think Warrior is balanced is those that play them. This includes the Devs who several/most of them actually Main Warriors…

in Profession Balance

IFreedom.4637

or just take Greatsword for Rush…
The ONLY people that think Warrior is balanced is those that play them. This includes the Devs who several/most of them actually Main Warriors…

Bro do you even read.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I’ve played a lot of MMOs and never before have I seen one with as much blatant class bias as Guild Wars 2. Why on earth does the most heavily armored class in the game also offer superior mobility? It’s time to get serious about class roles and stop bullkittenting your community with balance patches that do nothing but unbalance the game further.

Guardians have superior mobility? I thought we were talking about warriors. Color me confused.

in Profession Balance

Arius.7031

GS alone is more than enough to escape most situations, ftr. instantly making 1500 distance between yourself and your opponent, assuming you both start from the same location, is as far as the longest ranged attacks in the game (traited grenades/longbow). Also celestial warriors who use sword/gs are effective, not particularly so but it’s not weak.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kargath.6598

Kargath.6598

the problem is that every other class has the same abilities for for mobility, every one has swifteness every one has ground covering skill people who arent using them and still want to be moble need to stop kittening

in Profession Balance

Arius.7031

Whenever you told that fact, ppl who are arguing nerf about warriors won’t listen you

Right, cus most of us hate our own class. That’s it.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kargath.6598

Kargath.6598

what is the problem?

- stealth
- illusions
- death shroud
- pets
- minions
- protection, aegis

warriors are balanced and not overpowered, it has been more than a year since launch, please accept that already.

-Very strong heals
-Highest armor class
-Highest HP pool

Etc… You forget that wars have access to defensive things that other classes do not. Before you “oh he’s just whining blah blah blah”, I have a level 80 warrior that I roam in WvW with quite a bit.

To be fair, could you list out everything that all other classes have for defense? We need a full list for comparability if you are going through with this argument. /tangent

I said strong heals, not strongest, so you’ll need to go back and read my post again. And, Warriors do have stronger heal skills than Guardians. Guardians just have more skills that heal (shield 5, tons of utilities/traits). The actual healing skill Warrs have is stronger (E.g. Signet of Resolve Vs. Healing Surge). Healing Surge is 9,820 with 30 second CD, Signet of Resolve is 8,150 on a 40 second CD. Healing signet heals about double over 40 seconds what signet of resolve does, lol.

This is patently FALSE. Both classes have the exact same amount of HP. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Health

When I said highest I took that into account, they do have the highest base HP, and so do necros. You, however, said Warrior does NOT have the highest hp pools.

Most are no where near as potent, and no not all classes do (Mesmer for example, IIRC, has none whatsoever).

it is not an IMMUNITY to conditions it is a condi cleanse its a big difference it takes up a utility slot and once used goes on cooldown.

THE ONLY THING THAT IS RIGHT IS THE ARMOR CLASS, AND WITHOUT ARMOR ITS NOT A WARRIOR ANY MORE ITS A THIEF.

Every single thing I said in there was entirely accurate, it is not open to dispute. One can say that, in spite of my list, other classes out-do warrior. That is open to dispute. The list itself is, however, completely accurate (or nearly so). On the other hand, you managed to make a mistake with every single response you made.

what class do you play just wondering

in Profession Balance

Arius.7031

what is the problem?

- stealth
- illusions
- death shroud
- pets
- minions
- protection, aegis

-Very strong heals
-Highest armor class
-Highest HP pool

what class do you play just wondering

All my classes that are 80 are listed in my signature. Guardian (main), Warrior (2nd main), Necro (3rd), Mesmer (retired until they’re fixed, they’re ridiculously overpowered).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

time to roll a dinosaur, ehh i meant warrior.

action combat made mmos better lol

in Profession Balance

IFreedom.4637

GS alone is more than enough to escape most situations, ftr. instantly making 1500 distance between yourself and your opponent, assuming you both start from the same location, is as far as the longest ranged attacks in the game (traited grenades/longbow). Also celestial warriors who use sword/gs are effective, not particularly so but it’s not weak.

I am not sure how other people fight warriors, but it certainly sounds like they face tank and do skill rotations without thinking. I roam on my guardian as well and when I see a war either turn or take out a gs I would use septer imob/ gs pull. I just hate how people think that range is everything for an escape, unlike shadow step/blink/rtl/lighting flash. A warrior’s escape are all prone to cc.
And please gs/swd warriors have joke damage. Damage yes but weak and easily kitable but then again people here seem to like eating hb to the face

(edited by IFreedom.4637)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Easy there buddy and tone down the generalizations. If you check my sig you will see eight names there. That’s one name for every class in this game, all of them level 80 and each of them has seen extensive playtime in WvW.

I don’t hate Warriors, I ‘hate’ (strong word) particular members of this balance team for not doing their job properly and apparently playing favorites where one class has to have everything whilst all the other classes get nerfed constantly.

Just look at the signet response and what kind of a joke it is. 8% reduced HPS on passive and going to look for compensation to make the active more attractive?

Devs didn’t have a problem slamming down the hammer on all the other classes since launch with little to no compensation, but when the Warrior is concerned they seemingly feel they need to start using a scalpel under the false pretense of fixing the issue (or in this case of straight line mobility ignore it entirely).

So once again, I am no Warrior hater. I just dislike the way ANet has been performing in their game balance department.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Profession Balance

piffdaddy.8014

I am not sure how other people fight warriors, but it certainly sounds like they face tank and do skill rotations without thinking. I roam on my guardian as well and when I see a war either turn or take out a gs I would use septer imob/ gs pull. I just hate how people think that range is everything for an escape, unlike shadow step/blink/rtl/lighting flash. A warrior’s escape are all prone to cc.
And please gs/swd warriors have joke damage. Damage yes but weak and easily kitable but then again people here seem to like eating hb to the face

So they have the best mobility in the game out of all.classes but they are easily kiteable….not exactly sure what you mean here…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Well what smart input did you just send? I play GW2 since the beginning and Warrior was an easy kill. Please enlighten that stupid little me please.

In sPvP, yes.
One of three~four, and last we heard the smallest, game mode.

Please don’t act like it’s “The Truth” when it comes to balance, most probably couldn’t care any less about sPvP balance.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

The distinction has already been made, there’s more than just “best mobility”, there’s also best landspeed. Warriors are the undisputed kings of GW2 landspeed. The question needs to be asked, has Landspeed been considered for balance?

This gameplay is outside the pale and warrior exclusive. It needs to be brought back in line with the rest of the game.

There are certain mechanics that all professions should share (particularly with class designs like we have here) and movement is one of them. Hopefully the spring patch will have resolved many of the disparities between professions. If not, it will be a huge misstep with all player concerns and competitors considered.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Profession Balance

Arius.7031

Your GS pull has such a long delay that you cannot possibly react with it fast enough once a War goes to run. It’s simply not possible, and they will evade it if they use GS skill 3 to start instead of skill 5. If you use it predictively, at best you’ve stopped one of the wars escape moves (GS 5, almost certainly not GS 3 since that has an evade built into it). Thus, he still has the other to escape you with and can simply run away while using healing sig to outlast you.

The immob on scepter is easily waited out as there is literally no other control option for 1h weapons. Once scepter 3 has been used the warrior can safely escape without fear of being CC’d in any way.

Also, people here seem to be under the impression that GS is no longer a viable weapon for combat… that’s simply false. A GS warrior can do quite a bit of damage. In fact, most of the top warriors I know of in WvW roaming use GS/LB, and they do plenty of damage with both weapons.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

Yes. Either ALL gal closers should behave like RTL (double cooldown if it doesn’t hit anything) or NONE should and RTL should be reverted.

Basically this, and I dont even play an elly.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

Yes. Either ALL gal closers should behave like RTL (double cooldown if it doesn’t hit anything) or NONE should and RTL should be reverted.

This should be the way it is. All like RTL, or none like RTL.

in Profession Balance

IFreedom.4637

This should be the way it is. All like RTL, or none like RTL.

And non warriors wont know that rush misses the target like 80% of the time due to lag, or the delay before the swing. If u make the rush hit like rtl I wouldnt mind reducing my escape ability for another offencive skill on the gs.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

RTL never hits as well lol.

in Profession Balance

piffdaddy.8014

Quoted for truth. A lot of times in point blank melee range this skill rtl will still go on double cd (a lot of the time)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Quoted for truth. A lot of times in point blank melee range this skill rtl will still go on double cd (a lot of the time)

It was just the typical sloppy job done by the dev team. Instead of a long CD if missed, it should have been a long CD if not targeted. That way you get the short CD anytime you’re gap closing, and a long CD anytime you’re running away.

Technically you could target NPC’s, but again, a little more effort on the coding front and that could be covered as well.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

It was just the typical sloppy job done by the dev team. Instead of a long CD if missed, it should have been a long CD if not targeted. That way you get the short CD anytime you’re gap closing, and a long CD anytime you’re running away.

Technically you could target NPC’s, but again, a little more effort on the coding front and that could be covered as well.

I don’t see a problem with gap closing to an npc. You get aggro and stay in combat.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Hint: You don’t need to be PvT to be not only mobile but also tanky and high damage. You can easily hit 3.4k attack, 40% crit(60% with fury), 80% crit damage, 3.2k armor, 22k hp, which also comes with healing signet, cleansing ire, Adrenal health, dogged march, and 25% run speed. Maybe 2k per auto-attack is a tickle to you, but for most other classes it adds up quickly. Oh and if you have a bow in your bag you easily do 5k crits so you can compete in ranged zerg battles

Your “high damage” is laughable easy to evade by anyone with half of brain, because sw+wh+gs is godawful for pvp damage. Also – LB is not valuable in zerg battles at all.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

It sure would be nice if the mobility of Warrior Greatsword was brought in line with the rest of the game. If I see a GS Warrior in WvW they might as well just be a PU Mesmer or a D/P Thief, as they’re going to be ignored just as much.

The Warrior class is in an amazing place these days, so I think now would be a great time to change Greatsword mobility so it’s not quite as disruptive to the flow of combat.

Gandara

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

It has bothered me for a long time that I spend traits or utilities for mobility just to see some other profession create a gap while running away by using skills designed for gap closing.

I am okay with the skills that require ground targeting of some kind. But skills like rush should require a target that is in range to function.

In before they nerf such skills the same way they nerfed Ride the Lightning. Gonna be a tear-filled day…

Expecialy elementalist if is given the same treatment to RTL.

RTL already got heavily nerfed because it was being used for escape and not for gap closing, or did you forget?
It used to be on a 15 second cooldown with 1500 range, now it is on a 40 second cooldown if it misses, 20 if it hits, and had its range reduced to 1200, in case you haven’t been around long enough to remember. Most of us just want warrior dedicated “gap closers” to be given the same treatment.

Give target requirement to RTL as people want to warrior movements to have and see their reaction.
In this case ANet actualy could reverse RTL nerf because no one will ever use it to escape.

do you know it would be a buff?
Yet its not what we need….

Because stealth can make you miss a target.

Rtl should be better than any movement skill because an ele can t switch to a second weaponset.

Its unreliability makes D/D too easy to escape from….and its possibly the reason why it was nerfed…Ele used to be the thief counter…….god forbid.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Easily kitable? You’re joking right?

Movement skills remove immobilize.
Also, reduce duration of immobilize, chilled and crippled by 33% + melandru runes (25% reduction) + food (40% reduction) = warrior ignoring any and all slowing conditions.

Nice try.

I command you to be AWESOME.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Also, reduce duration of immobilize, chilled and crippled by 33% + melandru runes (25% reduction) + food (40% reduction) = warrior ignoring any and all slowing conditions.

So you assume that warrior traited and geared for condi duration reduction, but ignoring a fact that opponent can trait and gear for increased condi duration. Try again.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I don’t see a problem with gap closing to an npc. You get aggro and stay in combat.

I think target range is 3000, maybe 3500. Either way, you can target an NPC, gap close, and never hit him.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

what is the problem?

- stealth
- illusions
- death shroud
- pets
- minions
- protection, aegis

Oh god, pls not this lame argument -.-
As if every class, except warriors, have access to everything.

From a neutral point of view, it makes me sad, to see how easy warriors can run away from every class, included thieves, with just a few less trait points.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

in Profession Balance

LelouchViBritannia.3607

So you assume that warrior traited and geared for condi duration reduction, but ignoring a fact that opponent can trait and gear for increased condi duration. Try again.

Not every class has condi specs therefore most don’t use +condi duration food.
Roamers generally use -condi reduction food.

Try again.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

And what if you’re wrong and they don’t? Keep hatin’.
RTL had 1500 range – GS 5 has a range of 900. There’s a bit of a difference.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

1,200 http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rush

Please learn your own class’s skills.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I don’t think land speed by itself is really a problem for warriors, I think the problem is a lack of a flaw or weakness. Things like mesmers weakness to Condi burst or thief low surviabilty out of stealth, guardians and the choose of low damage or low survivability, necros lack of a way to deal with CC etc etc etc. You can find a weakness and use it against them as a class, this well roundedness of warriors seems to be to good and seems to cover everything.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I don’t think land speed by itself is really a problem for warriors, I think the problem is a lack of a flaw or weakness. Things like mesmers weakness to Condi burst or thief low surviabilty out of stealth, guardians and the choose of low damage or low survivability, necros lack of a way to deal with CC etc etc etc. You can find a weakness and use it against them as a class, this well roundedness of warriors seems to be to good and seems to cover everything.

pretty much this ^^

it is fine to have rock→ scissors >paper system but warriors have pretty much no weakness

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MiniMe.1960

MiniMe.1960

Well what smart input did you just send? I play GW2 since the beginning and Warrior was an easy kill. Please enlighten that stupid little me please.

In sPvP, yes.
One of three~four, and last we heard the smallest, game mode.

Please don’t act like it’s “The Truth” when it comes to balance, most probably couldn’t care any less about sPvP balance.

I’m talking about WvW. So whats your point again?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I have never seen a developer make any kind of comment related to land speed, so I think the answer to OP is that land speed is not looked at for balance.

That’s a shame because land speed is most important in PvE and WvW, where it is horribly unbalanced. But a balancer looking at tpvp wouldn’t see that.

I mean a ham bow warrior, not taking any leaps and only taking a 10 point movement speed trait, still put land-speeds my necromancer taking land speed traits and utilities, thanks to his banner 3 and 4. It is awful running with a Zerg and never killing any Yak ever because my character is too slow.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Profession Balance

coglin.1867

Right, but we are not discussing traits or abilities. We are discussing the weapons skills functionality, and how they are exploited. Anet has set precedence in respect to this when they changed skills such as ride the lightening. With traits or utilities, there is an investment made into a pool of limited resources. With weapons skills there is none.

When you specify Hambow in this manner then refer to 10 trait point investment, you scew the entire discussion. Several professions have traits they can invest in for movement.

in Profession Balance

LelouchViBritannia.3607

1,200 http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rush

Please learn your own class’s skills.

1500 with swiftness or 25% speedbuff.

in Profession Balance

coglin.1867

Another thing in relation to the warrior in this case, is that they can trait these to break immobilize. This does cause a problem, because it would make fixing this specific complaint difficult. Personally they could abolish this trait as far as I am concerned. As such ease of breaking the condition immobilize is counter to what Jonathan Sharp specified as the professions balance philosophy.

“We want the Warrior to be capable of good melee damage in a sturdy body. They can still do some decent damage at range, but they aren’t as good at it as the Ranger (with their pet). They have a hard time taking enemy boons down, and instead, have to just go through them with raw force. They may have a hard time with enemy conditions, and may need to ask for ally help in order to keep themselves free of hampering conditions.”

Yet they have much better then average general cleansing options, and a better then average access immobilize breakers.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

I have a great idea…

Why don t simply reduce the range and double the cooldown on miss?
Can be done with initiative cost also…should cost double and give half back on hit ….

I m sure it would work perfectly leaving untouched the gap closing ability…

That why you guys is talking about is just absurd. You just want that an Warrior, easy target without AI, Stealth, Protection or Teleport, just no have any chance of flee or disengage a fight, when half of professions has access to stealth, 7 them has AI, heal spam, combo spam, ect, etc. etc…

No comments more