Warriors shouldnt be complaining

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

I seriously dont even understand why warrior players complaining about really small nerf that wont even affect warrior. Warrior will be still top tier class that can easily faceroll pve/pvp/wvw. They will still hit like a truck and tank like a monster. Any class but I dont get it when warriors complaining about those really small minor nerfs.. I still think warrior is op

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

the fact is, warrior haters should not be even complaining about warriors in the first place.

these unjust unreasonable uncalled for nerfs happens because the minority vocal warrior haters complained.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

the fact is, warrior haters should not be even complaining about warriors in the first place.

these unjust unreasonable uncalled for nerfs happens because the minority vocal warrior haters complained.

What about the complaints from reasonable players who play warrior and admit that it needed to be toned down? I feel this way, as ell I listen to several podcast and streams with high end tPvP and sPvP warrior who all make the exact same suggestion.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Majority of the warriors I’ve seen are reasonably happy with the changes and not necessarily considering them a nerf either. Seems the change will hit lesser skilled warriors harder then warriors over all.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I don’t feel bad about the adrenaline change.

SoR boon duration nerf and the buff to the adrenaline gain… That makes no sense to me as SoR is better off being used.

Rampage is no plague, no tornado, snow leopard or lich. Hell it doesn’t even make use of adrenaline unless you trait for something like berserker’s power or heightened focus. Along with having no warrior exclusive burst skill it weakens adrenal health due to all the hp stacked on…

Axe off still niche…

Aside from that…warrior had some DECENT buffs like finally removing condition damage from the rifle and making the gs burst somewhat remotely interesting…

Devona’s Rest

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Majority of the warriors I’ve seen are reasonably happy with the changes and not necessarily considering them a nerf either. Seems the change will hit lesser skilled warriors harder then warriors over all.

What about the skilled warrior players in PvE? The ones that strive to optimize DPS and make use of the trait that gives 15% damage bonus when adrenaline is full, meaning increased damage to a burst is essentially useless to us especially considering that eviscarate would be more ideal than arcing slice to begin with?

This is a nerf, and it will in fact hit more so at a higher skill level for PvE players.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

What about the skilled warrior players in PvE? The ones that strive to optimize DPS and make use of the trait that gives 15% damage bonus when adrenaline is full, meaning increased damage to a burst is essentially useless to us especially considering that eviscarate would be more ideal than arcing slice to begin with?

This is a nerf, and it will in fact hit more so at a higher skill level for PvE players.

well now that damage bonus at max adrenaline has a draw back , like the new rangers predatory onslaught comming,

instead of being at max 100% adrenaline all the time , basicly a perm 15% bonus every 8-10secs on a already highly scaled skill, if you have force sigils and plus % damage mods from other sources.

the change would be reasonable now, it will make use of the 5% ,10% and the 15% not just the perm 15%.

and that is where the draw back is, you can wait for a bigger burst and let your target slowly heal back up or just use the 5% bonus to finish them off.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Warriors are obviously the favored child of anet. If anything they are even worse after the latest patch.

Mesmerising Girl

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

These warrior changes are fine. I’m still holding my breath for the ele/necro/mesmer changes though… since if they want the classes to be on an even playing field the ele could get nerfed in some sustained dps aspects while necros/mesemers could get buffed.

I’m just glad that I won’t have to worry about bad hambows anymore.

As for the PvE implications, well that sucks.. but as long as icebows and FGS+walls are a thing its not like it will even matter save for arah/fractals.. in which case I’m actually a bit happy that some other class could usurp warrior as the ultimate pugclass. But I’m also really biased against easy to play professions.. so theres that too.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

These warrior changes are fine. I’m still holding my breath for the ele/necro/mesmer changes though… since if they want the classes to be on an even playing field the ele could get nerfed in some sustained dps aspects while necros/mesemers could get buffed.

As for the PvE implications, well that sucks.. but as long as icebows and FGS+walls are a thing its not like it will even matter save for arah/fractals.. in which case I’m actually a bit happy that some other class could usurp warrior as the ultimate pugclass. But I’m also really biased against easy to play professions.. so theres that too.

The main problem is that they’re responding to all of the people who whine about warriors being overpowered and are making balance changes with benefits only for PvP. They are once again enforcing changes that are primarily PvP-related and still refuse to separate PvP from PvE. If they’d split the two entirely, it’d be perfectly fine.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Indeed – the neglect of the PVE side of things is rather annoying.
There was no reason in my opinion to touch SoR as well. The skill was fine.

Some of these balance changes are just plain weird.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

I feel like anet is pretty on top of their game right now with these changes, they all seem to make sense. No complaints on any changes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

The main problem is that 95% of the players just abuse the fact that something is to strong without complaining much.

Only a minority brings up that something about their profession is to strong.

Thief is a good example. It allready got alot of nerfs but is still very viable to play.

I am main thief and started discussions in the forum about stuff that is to strong.
But like 99% of the players in the thief forum disagreed with me and told me to stop.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

SoR boon duration nerf and the buff to the adrenaline gain… That makes no sense to me as SoR is better off being used.

Let me explain this to you, then (I’m not being sarcastic or anything): after the “nerf” to adrenaline, adrenaline will now drain when out of combat. This means that you probably will not engage a new combat with your bar full, like it happens now.
So instead of using SoR right at the beginning of the combat, you can now decide to not to use it, in order to gain the adrenaline you need, and then use it to release your burst. It’s just some sort of compensation.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

lol, such a minority. You see how many people hate warrior these days?

Want minority vocal haters look at Nerf-thief posts and then speak up about your unjust nerfs.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

I bet that after the balance patch warriors will still be more than welcome to any party in pve-pvp-wvw, theres no need to qq.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Other fact: Warriors lost all adrenaline shortly after not being attacking or attacked in GW1.

On comparison to current GW2 adrenaline, GW1 loss of adrenaline had noticeably shorter timer.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

On comparison, different games.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

On comparison, different games.

And GW2 still took some basics from GW1, even if they’re different games…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

The main problem is that they’re responding to all of the people who whine about warriors being overpowered and are making balance changes with benefits only for PvP. They are once again enforcing changes that are primarily PvP-related and still refuse to separate PvP from PvE. If they’d split the two entirely, it’d be perfectly fine.

Yeah I wish the hambow build got nerfhammered over GS..

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

While it is true that some players are simply complaining because:

*They don’t play warrior
*They feel it is insurmountable by their current class and that it should not be the case, in all situations

There are many warriors that do find some of their mechanics a bit too abusive.

This patch fixes one of them: Adrenaline not being spent on a whiff, which means now bursts have to be strategic.

The other pressing one is Hammer nerf to make Hambow less appealing, along with buffs to lesser offhands (which they did in this patch as well) to make them more appealing.

The small changes are what we need. eventually it will be painfully obvious that a warrior that facerolled you had a decent build and strategy instead of just dropping random skills onto the bar and having a compensatory buffer so large that they could roll you anyway.

I’d be mad with GS nerf if it actually hit anyone without painful setup, and I’d be mad with whirling if I didnt use it to just evade.

on those points…eh. could disappoint some people, but its not a massive decrease.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

I just love the 17% damage increase of Whirling Axe, add might on critical (cd 1 sec Sigil) and you will have a monster build plus the reduction on CD to 15 sec + 20% recharge reduction from trait… oh and 2 adrenaline per hit.
Magnificent!