What if boon duration became boon intensity?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Just a thought, but I think a big part of the reason support stats aren’t as popular/useful is because, in large groups (and even in 5 man groups), it is very simple to keep the important boons running almost 24/7.

If they changed “boon duration” to “boon intensity,” it could (potentially) open up more builds and make support builds much more viable. For instance, instead of “might last 3 seconds longer” it would become might increases power/condition damage by 30% more than normal (same with other appropriate boons).

Just a thought. I realize there are probably technological limitations or gaps in my logic, but I would like to see them do something to make support builds better.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Boons are already incredibly strong, they don’t need to be stronger.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

What’d be the point? I mean, why have a way to make the effects stronger, partially because some of them (Regeneration, Retaliation, indirectly Protection, Swiftness and Might) already scale with other stats?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: process execution.8014

process execution.8014

I’ve seen previous suggestions to rename Healing Power to Support Power and have it act in a similar manner as what the OP suggests. I kind of like the idea although I haven’t thought it fully through.

Regen already does it, I’d be happy to see Retal do it instead of scaling with Power, and the others I’m sure could be retrofitted fairly cleanly. Not sure how Might scales with other stats though Carighan (except for Boon Duration ofc), can you elaborate?

The point I think would be to make pure supporters viable for people who enjoy the playstyle. At the moment you can have bunker/support or DPS/support but you don’t really get builds where support is the primary function because it just doesn’t have enough of an impact.

Hell, it might even get MM Necro top-tier viable…

why waste hours doing something that you get nothing for? Enjoyment? I’d rather run fractals.