Would you like it if...

Would you like it if...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

EDIT: I was curious if the community would appreciate Anet quickly re-working all the traits we currently don’t see much of in the meta scene, even if it meant creating a heavy imbalance for at least a few months or more. We the players would basically be the testers seeking out balance, while Anet threw out some cool ideas for us to play with.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

Would you like it if...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

what? your post is the only one :/

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Would you like it if...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

No I would not like it if this thread got deleted. :C

What was it about anyway?

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Would you like it if...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Posted the original question I had above

Would you like it if...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

That would be awesome! Good things come with risk. Yeah it would imbalance things but at least it would make everything more interesting to play.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Would you like it if...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’m not sure, honestly.

Major moves are necessary for progress, and any subjective subject like balance requires some kind of possible short-term risks.

My problem is that ANet has such a vast detachment from what’s balanced – often on even the conceptual level – that I’m just not sure this kind of effort would even pay off long-term. If over the past two years we could be able to track steady progress in achieving balance and designate certain traits/skills as simply poor by design and thus assign them reworks, I would be more prone to agree. The problem is ANet hasn’t even gotten that far, and this issue spans entire class mechanics due to their stubbornness to admit they’ve made poor design choices and try to work towards alternate solutions geared towards actually resolving the conflict even if it means reworks.

Would you like it if...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

it depends on how quickly they react to the imbalances. honestly, even if they were to “quickly rework the traits”, i imagine they have a good understanding of what would be deemed OP or not, so given a quick reaction (say, two months tops) to toning down the stronger ones, i’d be up for it.

the balance team’s iteration process needs to start occurring in faster, smaller cycles, because too many problems linger for far too long right now.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Would you like it if...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

No, because some of us like traits that are not in the “meta”. Not to mention, just because a trait isn’t in the “meta” dpesn’t mean it is a bad or under powered trait.

Would you like it if...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

well, we have to deal with skyhammer, decap-engis, hambow, perma-evasion/stealth and stuff like that already – I don’t think it can get much worse … So why not?

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

Would you like it if...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

No, I think the game is more balanced now than ever before. Yes, some professions/traits/weapons still need a lot of love but compared to 2 years ago it’s much better.

Randomly changing like 80% of the traits would destroy that balance completely. Besides that some traits are great in other parts of the game.

Also, “quickly re-working”? You can’t do that in 5 mins. You need to gather ideas, balance them, implement them, etc. It takes a lot of time to do that, not just change an Excel chart…