problems with thief...

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

the healing…. you gave them way too much over and over and over again I can get a thief low health then they just pop away for about 5 seconds into stealth and come out full health lets compare necro consume conditions 5k health every 25 seconds with a lengthy obvious scream to the world look at me im healing interrupt me cast

thief 4.5k health every 15 seconds for dodging do the math

the blinds they may not use them in a row but why would you need to? they are instant casts that you cant dodge it only takes one blind to mitigate a large amount of damage coupled with the evade spam of sword…

the evades.. you are joking right? I can have a thief in my face and hardly do any damage in comparison to what they are doing and just watch the word evade evade evade spam all over the screen in front of me combined with target removal every time they pop stealth, now im fighting the worse targeting system in the world as well as the thief also reduced cost to dodges+vigour.. good luck landing anything with an animation with a cast time or that is a channel

sticky skills.. you don’t even need to keep up/position yourselves one click does it all with free teleports to your target on weapon skills. it doesn’t matter how crafty or erratic I try to be I just cant get a thief off me because of this.

no counterplay to stealth… aoe is a feeble attempt to protect yourself the damage it does compared to the damage dished out does not compare. aoe skills are usually on long timers with short durations. what is to stop a thief just waiting 5 seconds and then attacking? or standing outside of it and ranging. not to mention I can aim them at people I can see rather then guesswork. maybe if it had increased damage to stealthed opponents then it would be a counter 1 spam also works oh so much better on people I can see. what thief runs into some ones sword? V example of a counter that isn’t too punishing…

we need feedback to tell us if we are hitting a thief while in stealth either flash an outline of them or flash a health bar (it will need an icd to be fair on the thief 1-2 second) its not like they cant just use their short bow and pop away or dodge through us…

some actual decent counter play now reveal the thief they are blocked/dodged… I really do not understand why you guys are punishing players for good timing and actual planning by letting a thief stay cloaked if they fail… please tell me how this is a bad thing..

i don’t know what the solution is but some things are just really unfair from this class i have played it and did ok with it while clueless about what it does god knows what it is like in the hands of someone who mains it… oh wait >.<

i don’t always die from them but usually it takes a mistake on their part from over extending or just fat luck. it never matters how well i play due to the fact they can run away for 5 seconds gain enough initiative to do their burst combo while my defences/heal are still on cool down.

ps mesmers are even worse when they abuse this mechanic seeing as they don’t need to get near you >.< and not everybody plays warrior for aoe stun spam with a giant fire field lol

(edited by unlucky.9285)

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

Seems Like you have probs vs many proffesions.
What Kind of built are you playing? Necs Generally have little Problems with thieves, except Power Necs vs s/d. Good warriors are almost a hardcounter to Nec due to lack of stability no movement, dodges etc.
You shouldnt be able to flat out beat everything, this is called Balance. Vs some you have it easier while others beat you.
Dont complain bout evrything other classes have or can do, try to get better at this game. Poisen heals (especially withdraw), fear thieves out of shadowrefuge, rip stability from warriors, chill them, weaken them. Nec got plenty of Tools to stay alive a little longer until help arrives or Even beat the opponent.

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

unlucky.9285

oh wow i wrote a response and it wouldn’t let me post it .. typical but this works what1@#$#

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

unlucky.9285

omg why cant i post any decent responses it keeps saying this area isn’t available yet?@#?$

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Emi.4152

Emi.4152

yay! nerf all the things!

1. i use my burst skills when i’m blinded. it should be more rewarding!
2. i spam all my skills at an evade spam thief and it doesn’t work. it should be more rewarding!
3. i throw my aoes out randomly at a stealth target so they do not do enough damage when they accidentally hit. it should be more rewarding!
4. i waste my dodges and blocks on situations where i know they will not help. it should be more rewarding!
5. i can’t beat people unless they make a mistake when i’m obviously making many. it should be more rewarding!

i… you… okay…

Yak’s Bend – Hello Kitty and Friends (aFK)
Lv 80 Thief – Emi Smacks / Lv 80 Ele – Emi Casts / Lv 80 Necro – Emi Nox

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

2. i spam all my skills at an evade spam thief and it doesn’t work. it should be more rewarding!
3. i throw my aoes out randomly at a stealth target so they do not do enough damage when they accidentally hit. it should be more rewarding!
4. i waste my dodges and blocks on situations where i know they will not help. it should be more rewarding!
5. i can’t beat people unless they make a mistake when i’m obviously making many. it should be more rewarding!

i… you… okay…

..^…..I think this is pretty much the /thread post

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

i… you… okay…

You wrong, hes no the only whit the thief problem, seriously every match i play against thief is just irritating, This is the only &%$@ game without a countermeasure against stealth and now we have to deal whit the perma evade. This class is getting out of balance every patch and without a competent devs to bring a decent fix to the class this game will keep bringing people to the rage quit most constant than you think.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Mesmers are even worse you say and yet the thread is about thieves, or thiefs as the guys say these days

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

@ unlucky

If thieves are so OP, why aren’t you playing one?

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

@ unlucky

isnt it obvious because if they play thief they suck at it and if others play thief they get owned and they QQ nerf QQ

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

@ unlucky

isnt it obvious because if they play thief they suck at it and if others play thief they get owned and they QQ nerf QQ

So are you implying that all the Thief players who say L2P are actually giving useless advise because of a very real possibility that not all can play Thief properly?

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

i… you… okay…

You wrong, hes no the only whit the thief problem, seriously every match i play against thief is just irritating, This is the only &%$@ game without a countermeasure against stealth and now we have to deal whit the perma evade. This class is getting out of balance every patch and without a competent devs to bring a decent fix to the class this game will keep bringing people to the rage quit most constant than you think.

No countermeasures? Go play a P/S + bomb/nade/x eng and you should start to see many soft counters.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Zacchary.6183

@ unlucky

So are you implying that all the Thief players who say L2P are actually giving useless advise because of a very real possibility that not all can play Thief properly?

You don’t have to play thief properly to play against a thief properly. You just simply have to understand what the capabilities of the profession are. That is why experienced thieves spam L2P.

(edited by Zacchary.6183)

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

@ unlucky

You don’t have to play thief properly to play against a thief properly. You just simply have to understand what the capabilities of the profession are. That is why experienced thieves spam L2P.

Nope, we spam heartseeker

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

ShakeyStorm.7180

@ unlucky

That is perfect for ANet. No player should complain about any class skill because it is simple a L2P issue. No buff needed. No adjustment required. Warrior healing signet QQ = L2P. Mesmer PU QQ = L2P. Thief stealth QQ = L2P.

You don’t have to play [INSERT CLASS HERE] properly to play against a [INSERT CLASS HERE] properly. You just simply have to understand what the capabilities of the profession are. That is why experienced [INSERT CLASS HERE] spam L2P

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Zacchary.6183

Good job taking my statement out of context.

Five points to you.

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

ShakeyStorm.7180

And yet you did not contradict my statement. Thank you for the points.

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Zacchary.6183

Why should I have to do anything beyond disregarding it’s validity? Its apparent that you are inexperienced and just recently got your kitten handed to you by a thief, hence your spree of anti-thief comments (looking at your post history).

And what’s worse is you are a warrior. Your profession is the golden child of this game with the most viability in every game mode. It could be argued that the counter to a warrior is another warrior because the proffession can fulfill all roles in combat and do them well. So you are calling the kettle black if there was a kettle in the first place.

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

ShakeyStorm.7180

Correction anti-stealth. And I am not for removing or providing a “one button” counter for stealth. Just toning it down a bit.

Just so happens thief abuses Stealth to the point that it becomes obvious that without stealth, they do not know how to play.

Warriors have been in worse situations but we try different builds. Even the most laughable ones sometimes results in something good.

Perhaps it is time that the Thief players L2P without depending on Stealth too much.

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

the healing…. you gave them way too much over and over and over again I can get a thief low health then they just pop away for about 5 seconds into stealth and come out full health lets compare necro consume conditions 5k health every 25 seconds with a lengthy obvious scream to the world look at me im healing interrupt me cast

Every 25 seconds your Consume Conditions removes all conditions, and every condition removed adds another 700 HPof healing, so when used well this will easily net you a 7-8 k heal and cleanse all conditions. Withdraw heals 4.3 k and removes only movement impairing conditions, cripple, chill and immobilize. Unlike Consume it is negatively effected by poison. I don’t think Consume Conditions is inferior to Withdraw, I would seriously consider over Withdraw should I have the choice.

Btw, the way you round the healing from consume down, and that of withdraw up is a rather revealing sign of your lack of objectivity.

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

thieves are so OP that they nowadyas run on a gang of 5+ or with a few necros.

IF a players gets killed on a 1v1 is becouse:
- Game not balanced towards 1v1 (a few blocks and evades on time might turn the battle.)
-Build cant focus on burst and its more towars group support (big mistake if players try to roam solo with this build)
-Its thief role to get abandoned and overextended players.
-Its thief role to gank(note to gw1 ganking) players.

Working as intended and i dont play thief.

P.S: Stealth traps helps alot, tho they look hard to obtain.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Correction anti-stealth. And I am not for removing or providing a “one button” counter for stealth. Just toning it down a bit.

Just so happens thief abuses Stealth to the point that it becomes obvious that without stealth, they do not know how to play.

Warriors have been in worse situations but we try different builds. Even the most laughable ones sometimes results in something good.

Perhaps it is time that the Thief players L2P without depending on Stealth too much.

Thief abuses stealth or evade because any thief is glassy without SA or Acrobatics. Any thief without those trait lines is bound to get shredded by almost any build. It’s like the game forces us to use one or both of them no other class is like that. That is THE PROBLEM with thief.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

unlucky.9285

i… you… okay…

No countermeasures? Go play a P/S + bomb/nade/x eng and you should start to see many soft counters.

again those “counters” work so much better on people I can see because I can concentrate them in one spot on my visible opponent rather then dropping them on myself in hopes the thief is stupid enough to melee me… if anything the stealth mitigates the damage

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

unlucky.9285

Every 25 seconds your Consume Conditions removes all conditions, and every condition removed adds another 700 HPof healing, so when used well this will easily net you a 7-8 k heal and cleanse all conditions. Withdraw heals 4.3 k and removes only movement impairing conditions, cripple, chill and immobilize. Unlike Consume it is negatively effected by poison. I don’t think Consume Conditions is inferior to Withdraw, I would seriously consider over Withdraw should I have the choice.

Btw, the way you round the healing from consume down, and that of withdraw up is a rather revealing sign of your lack of objectivity.

this one skill still works out to be more health over time on an instant cast that cant be interrupted and its not factoring in sources of regen. it saves a thief that makes mistakes so often its not funny…

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

unlucky.9285

i… you… okay…

1. I don’t, I press 1 till it goes away or try and use a ranged cast if they are not near me/ ranged weapon( but then they can just apply it straight away so -.-)

2again as soon as I see them evading I do not use anything but auto attacks or try get away needless to say anything I was doing just as they start to evade seeing as it is normally initiated from stealth will go to waste

3. I put my aoe around me and stand in them, but you know.. thief has a bow and they only last 5-10 seconds or can be easily negated.

4. so dodging the initial burst from stealth is a waste? even with the increased damage with attacks from stealth trait.. ok what ever, if you get lucky it was on an attack that makes them revealed sometimes, but that is usually met with running away for 4 seconds only to go back into stealth when its over.

5. matter of opinion really. I can only do so much even when I do land immobs they can get away quite easily but again that situation is usually met with a shot of blind to mitigate my attack so I cant make sure they stay there followed by teleport and by then the immob is over.

I guess my main problem is with sd thief and again I don’t know what the solution is, the way the class works just allows for way too much survivability in comparison with the healing and the evades

evades blocks stealth are way better sustain mechanics then extra health with no way to stop incoming attacks the regen speed of initiative and the way your weapons work allows for frequent high damage bursts. if the first burst fails just teleport away stealth kite wait and continue till your opponents defences / big hitting skills are all sitting behind a nice timer while you can just go in for the kill with the same combo you used just seconds ago.

(edited by unlucky.9285)

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

frans.8092

this one skill still works out to be more health over time on an instant cast that cant be interrupted and its not factoring in sources of regen. it saves a thief that makes mistakes so often its not funny…

Withdraw has no regeneration attached to it, are you looking at the same Wiki as I am?

Assuming there are conditions to remove – and given your choice of Consume Conditions that would be appropriate (you probably should choose another heal when not) – they look pretty equal in healing:
4,3 / 15 = 0,29
8/25 = 0,32

But that is not counting the damage that Consume Conditions negates by removing damaging conditions and not counting the loss of healing due to poison making Withdraw’s healing less effective.

They have different application, Consume Conditions looks like it’s designed for use in condition heavy circumstances, where Withdraw is absolutely inferior to it. Where conditions are less abundant, Withdraw looks like a better choice to me, but I am sure Necromancer has other choices as well.

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

unlucky.9285

I never said the regen came from withdraw… and again consume conditions more often then not will get interrupted because of the long and obvious cast. did you factor in the damage you take from the conditions while the cast is initiating? a stack of bleeds can do quite a bit of damage in that time, you should also factor in the damage done to you by your opponent as well because more often then not they will be in your face/ranging during this time

the signet will basically guarantee your death if you take it because of the icd and no healing out of combat, I could take well of blood but then I have an even longer cool down to contend with coupled by the fact a thief can just fear me out of it with no visual warning so I can try stop it and it also has a horrendous cast time.

that’s it really =\

(edited by unlucky.9285)

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

unlucky.9285

this is just my experience, the most encounters I have had against thief is on a necro, maybe the necro is just too broken against this class/ specific build and the others do not have such a problem. just putting forward what I have noticed that’s all. I never said nerf it. just the problems I have noticed. and gave 2 possible ways to actually bring counter play to this classes over abundant access to stealth without breaking it because I know they need stealth to survive.

this is a scenario that happens a lot to me.
on my necro I have vampiric which is heal on hit. i was heading towards a fight on a point after just finishing a group battle against another necro and a ranger so i had a bit of damage on me and was still in combat. as i approached the point i ran behind a pillar and accidentally hit auto attack (naga mouse) and it pinged the heal (there was a thief getting ready to gank my team mate once he reached 50%) needless to say i bore down on him like a tonne of bricks and he must have panicked or got confused as to how i knew his exact location because i ended up killing him while stealth, this is counter play this kind of thing is what is needed.

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

with ma necro im bad against tifffs nerf them

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

frans.8092

I never said the regen came from withdraw…

We were discussing Withdraw and Consume Conditions, as you mentioned those.

and again consume conditions more often then not will get interrupted because of the long and obvious cast.

That might be true, and a problem, I personally feel like Hide in Shadows seems to take ages to cast when you need it, CC’s cast time looks even worse. But it’s a weakness of CC that might need to be addressed independently.

did you factor in the damage you take from the conditions while the cast is initiating? a stack of bleeds can do quite a bit of damage in that time,

Withdraw doesn’t remove DoT conditions so they keep ticking long after it was cast …

you should also factor in the damage done to you by your opponent as well because more often then not they will be in your face/ranging during this time

Yeah, well, kite, everyone’s doing damage all the time, but I should have added cast times to recharge when comparing skills.

the signet will basically guarantee your death if you take it because of the icd and no healing out of combat, I could take well of blood but then I have an even longer cool down to contend with coupled by the fact a thief can just fear me out of it with no visual warning so I can try stop it and it also has a horrendous cast time.

that’s it really =\

The signet … I don’t like to get struck, but it looks like the active could be devastating when used in groups. But maybe compare it to our venom heal, Skelk Venom – which basically requires the SA venom sharing grandmaster trait – and tell me which one you think is better….
The well is a group heal and the Blood Fiend looks quite decent, considering you can use it as a precast heal, and you can get more healing from it’s attack.

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

frans.8092

If you need advice in dealing with thieves, ask for advice. Asking for general profession adjustments is not going to be productive.

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

indeed but no need to log and spam in all stealth thread about your frustrations just becouse a thief got you. Perhaps it is time that bad warriors l2p without depending on forum complaints?

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tiresias.6473

Tiresias.6473

@OP: It seems that you are having problems dealing with Thieves in a 1v1 situation. I strongly recommend staying closer to your teammates in PvP. The defenses that Thieves have access to do not scale well against multiple opponents, and their strategy typically focuses around dealing chunks of damage before moving back into stealth to recover and reposition. Being near your teammates will allow you to pressure the thief when they are out of stealth, preventing them from being able to damage you.

Remember that PvP in this game isn’t balanced around 1v1 encounters.

Main character: Winter Harvest (Necromancer)
[BICE] Black Ice / Maguuma Server

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

Remember that PvP in this game isn’t balanced around 1v1 encounters.

sadly, but is true. yesterday i get wrecked by a guardian in one 1on1 and as powermancer is was catatonic. my respect to that guardian.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I really do not understand why so many people QQ or complain over this kinda of stuff! I main a warrior and a thief (yeah so i picked the 2 “Easy mode” class’s :-/) with 700 hours on warrior and less then 400 hours on thief – that is not a lot of experience right?

If I wanted to QQ and complain about this game then I would say that every class is and so is condi “spam” OP for me to fight simply and honestly because I do not know how the other class’s work or how they are played because I very rarely play them, and this is my issue and its a L2P issue and nothing else. If you guys have 3 times the hours I have in experience and still need to sulk on the forums because you get your kitten kicked by some ganking thief then i dunno what to say.

I lose a lot of 1v1’s and dauls (stealth enemy’s too) mostly not because they are OP, it is simply because they are better then me and more experienced then me. when I first started roaming in wvw (not really done pvp) i too use to sulk when some 1 hits me 3 times in less then a second from no where and I am down but then that is where experiance comes into play, always looking at your surroundings and if do see a thief then I am at least ready to return fire. My roaming is getting better and my eyes are and reactions are becoming a lot sharper but i still die a lot but when that happens – oh well, QQing on the forums will not help. anyway enough about me.

I dunno guys I just do no see an issue with stealth at all in fact every time they go into stealth they are not dealing dmg (may be they set them self’s up for a BS but that is sometimes more hassle for the thief then it’s worth) so that gives you a few seconds to breath – and ready to dodge/block or what ever you do.

This is what i think anyway.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

I really do not understand why so many people QQ or complain over this kinda of stuff! I main a warrior and a thief (yeah so i picked the 2 “Easy mode” class’s :-/) with 700 hours on warrior and less then 400 hours on thief – that is not a lot of experience right?

If I wanted to QQ and complain about this game then I would say that every class is and so is condi “spam” OP for me to fight simply and honestly because I do not know how the other class’s work or how they are played because I very rarely play them, and this is my issue and its a L2P issue and nothing else. If you guys have 3 times the hours I have in experience and still need to sulk on the forums because you get your kitten kicked by some ganking thief then i dunno what to say.

I lose a lot of 1v1’s and dauls (stealth enemy’s too) mostly not because they are OP, it is simply because they are better then me and more experienced then me. when I first started roaming in wvw (not really done pvp) i too use to sulk when some 1 hits me 3 times in less then a second from no where and I am down but then that is where experiance comes into play, always looking at your surroundings and if do see a thief then I am at least ready to return fire. My roaming is getting better and my eyes are and reactions are becoming a lot sharper but i still die a lot but when that happens – oh well, QQing on the forums will not help. anyway enough about me.

I dunno guys I just do no see an issue with stealth at all in fact every time they go into stealth they are not dealing dmg (may be they set them self’s up for a BS but that is sometimes more hassle for the thief then it’s worth) so that gives you a few seconds to breath – and ready to dodge/block or what ever you do.

This is what i think anyway.

Your analogy doesn’t work here. “Condition spam” got A LOT of hard counters: Berserker stance, cleansing ire, contemplation of purity, consume condition, plague signet, null field, etc etc. In the other hand, stealth got one which only prevent it a la berserker stance only available with one class.

(edited by Poplolita.2638)

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

Yes, warrior is the only class where the only players try a variety of builds. All thieves run D/P and spam BPS + HS for stealth. My D/D thief with SB on weapon swap is not real. I have extremely easy access to stealth at all times with no risk involved.

I love players like you Shakey, you assume that only your class has a variety of viable builds, and clump all of one class into some simple “dumbed down” state where they are all running the same build 100% of the time.

The reason why there haven’t been nerfs to stealth is because not all builds have easy access to it. Nerfing stealth because D/P thieves can enter it so easily is not justification enough considering other builds can stealth too, albeit at much higher risk. And let’s be real before any of you say otherwise, anybody who comes to this forum complaining about thief stealth is complaining about D/P. Nerf stealth and all you do is further push thieves who want stealth options to use D/P over D/D. It’s funny how nerfing the thing you guys refuse to learn to play against would actually lower the skill cap of the class and make the builds that work against you even more common.

If you want changes to something, propose compensation alongside it, otherwise thief players will never respect your opinions, trust me. Want to know why thief players defend our class so adamantly? Because every patch we see nerfs, and every patch players continue to complain about the mechanics we use that are weaker with every patch. If there’s one thing I can be thankful for Anet not listening to its player base about, it’s how to balance thieves.

And yes everyone, the plural for thief is thieves. Stop saying thiefs.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Didnt read your whole post but sorry op almost every other class potentially has more healing than thief’s l2p.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Aberrant.6749

i… you… okay…

again those “counters” work so much better on people I can see because I can concentrate them in one spot on my visible opponent rather then dropping them on myself in hopes the thief is stupid enough to melee me… if anything the stealth mitigates the damage

They work just fine even if you can’t see the thief. If you were able to see the thief all the time and they were just as squish, the class would be a joke.

Some players just need to learn how to fight with them properly and understand what thieves do instead of turning into grazing cattle when faced with stealth.

Tarnished Coast

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Zacchary.6183

Like how warriors abuse passives to the point they just don’t know how to play? Alright.

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

unlucky.9285

i… you… okay…

They work just fine even if you can’t see the thief. If you were able to see the thief all the time and they were just as squish, the class would be a joke.

Some players just need to learn how to fight with them properly and understand what thieves do instead of turning into grazing cattle when faced with stealth.

oh you mean press 1 spin around and count to 3 before you dodge.. that’s mlg material right there

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

unlucky.9285

thief is even worse in a 2v2.. no other class can take out one of the opponents faster during focus fire thus turning it into a 1v2 quite easily

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

thief is even worse in a 2v2.. no other class can take out one of the opponents faster during focus fire thus turning it into a 1v2 quite easily

As team fights get bigger the thief’s impact lessens, because there’s so much risk in them landing a spike.

In 2v2 or larger fights all you need to do is focus the thief when they come in range. They will drop fast.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Aberrant.6749

i… you… okay…

oh you mean press 1 spin around and count to 3 before you dodge.. that’s mlg material right there

If that’s what you think is the best way to deal with a thief stealth attack… then you have quite a bit of learning to do. That type of stuff will help newer players that don’t have a clue with how to deal with a stealth attack and don’t want to put any time into the game though… and it’s better than acting like grazing cattle… but it’s far from the best.

If you’re serious about learning, then I highly suggest you go into the thief subforum and post your class/build/gear and ask them the tatics you could use to help against the type of thief you’re having problems with. As long as you don’t ask for nerfs/call thief OP/etc. they will help you and give you advice.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Thank the high lords of mount Olympus you haven’t fought any Guardians, Ele’s, Engineers, Mesmers, or Rangers yet.

I don’t think we have enough bucket’s for that kind of QQ

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

unlucky.9285

Thank the high lords of mount Olympus you haven’t fought any Guardians, Ele’s, Engineers, Mesmers, or Rangers yet.

I don’t think we have enough bucket’s for that kind of QQ

maybe because you can actually attack them all the time and they cant just run away and come back when it suits them?

maybe its because they also have cool down and cant just use their big hitting skills over and over and over with blinds up the a… to back it up

Mesmer does have its issues such as the ability to spawn phantasms and clones while in stealth getting free damage off that they should not.

if I lose against the normal classes its because they are either a hard counter and I needed to play better or i got outplayed the same goes when i beat them but against thief even if i played way better they still have that oh… this didn’t go as i planned … oh well stealth port heal regen reset have another go

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

unlucky.9285

i… you… okay…

If that’s what you think is the best way to deal with a thief stealth attack… then you have quite a bit of learning to do. That type of stuff will help newer players that don’t have a clue with how to deal with a stealth attack and don’t want to put any time into the game though… and it’s better than acting like grazing cattle… but it’s far from the best.

If you’re serious about learning, then I highly suggest you go into the thief subforum and post your class/build/gear and ask them the tatics you could use to help against the type of thief you’re having problems with. As long as you don’t ask for nerfs/call thief OP/etc. they will help you and give you advice.

really? then please tell me how to deal with it. sitting in aoe is only a delay and even then they can ignore it and win depending on your health thanks to increased damage attacks from stealth and increased damage the lower your opponents health is..

running the other direction from where they stealthed… im pretty sure they can move faster

try to hunt them down hmm did they go left or right? did they go further away or port behind me? couple that with no info on if you are hitting them good luck.

these are the suggestions i have seen people give out.

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

i… you… okay…

really? then please tell me how to deal with it. sitting in aoe is only a delay and even then they can ignore it and win depending on your health thanks to increased damage attacks from stealth and increased damage the lower your opponents health is..

running the other direction from where they stealthed… im pretty sure they can move faster

try to hunt them down hmm did they go left or right? did they go further away or port behind me? couple that with no info on if you are hitting them good luck.

these are the suggestions i have seen people give out.

Basically, even if you outplayed the thief, it’s a l2p issue. Go wonder.

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

@ unlucky

Spamming. Nature of the class.

problems with thief...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Thiefs are weak get over it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPbG1TCNxVY total noob warrior facerolling thiefs

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir