[warrior] Ready for the BUFFS!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Weapon swap sigils with 9 second cool down. Swap weapons with 5 second cool down. No more shared cool downs on sigils. You can poc 2 sets of sigils evey 5 seconds= awesome.

Hydromancy+geomancy then 5 seconds later energy+battle then 5 seconds later rinse and repeat. Mmmmmnnn warrs get 2x the bonus.

Let the other classes tears flow, and the warrior apologists explain why they need this.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

If weapon swap sigils have a 9 second cooldown, after the initial proc of both weapon sets, it will be proccing 2 sets of sigils every 9 seconds.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Profession Balance

Mightymealworm.8409

Swap, 9 second timer begins. 5 seconds later you can swap to proc the 2nd set, begin 2nd 9 sec timer. First set has 4 sec recharge left with 5 sec till next swap. Each set will go off every 10 seconds, staggered every 5. That’s twice the procs of any other class.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

indeed it is

and warriors need this because they are underpowered. clearly
this will be the change that finally gets me to give up on other classes and roll warrior

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Waiting for all the warriors to come in and say they aren’t Overpowered they dont have ridiculous mobility/landspeed and that Healing Signet is hugely Underpowered…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I didn’t know warrior was the only class that could weapon swap or use weapon swap sigils.

You learn something new every day.

in Profession Balance

Mightymealworm.8409

I didn’t know warrior was the only class that could weapon swap or use weapon swap sigils.

Only class that can use them every 5 seconds, vs 9-10 seconds for other classes. Was kind of the point of the whole thread. Unlearn and try again.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Ele can do it every 5 sec also.
doesnt say you also swap every 5sec, and they redesign sigils also..

in Profession Balance

Mightymealworm.8409

Ele only gets 1 weapon set, DENIED.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

No. Eles swap to a different attunement but still use the SAME WEAPON set whilst Warriors (and other classes aside from engi) swap to a different weapon set. In short, eles use the same sigils when swapping while warriors use another set of sigils when swapping.

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

No. Eles swap to a different attunement but still use the SAME WEAPON set whilst Warriors (and other classes aside from engi) swap to a different weapon set. In short, eles use the same sigils when swapping while warriors use another set of sigils when swapping.

Ah yeah thats right indeed.
Well lets wait first.. What i am thinking.. Fire/air thats a nice 2k on hit already bought some sigils! cant wait!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

Yes, but it procs on ATTUNEMENT swap, so we can activate the sigils every 5 seconds permanently by swapping attunements.

in Profession Balance

Mightymealworm.8409

Yes, but it procs on ATTUNEMENT swap, so we can activate the sigils every 5 seconds permanently by swapping attunements.

Not with the 9 second sigil cool down. You would need a 2nd set to swap to.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Ah, I see your point now, didn’t notice that you said on swap sigils, because that is the only way that would apply. On hit or on crit sigils work a bit differently.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

I am thinking that ANET knows about how warriors could abuse the old 9 sec cooldown with on Swap.

They have already said that a lot of sigils are getting toned down with the massive re-design of the sigil system, so I would bet they will address the possible cooldown abuse as well.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in Profession Balance

Kyon.9735

The devs has a lot of time to think about it, I don’t think this patch will come anytime this week. If they pursue it knowing how it could cause further imbalance to warriors, I believe it’s safe to call them stupid.

TBH I don’t think it’s that hard to re-code the sigil cooldowns. Just make all On-Swap sigils on your offset proc the cooldown too if you swap to a new weapon set and proc On-Swap sigils. That way it doesn’t matter if warriors swap weapons every 5 seconds because On-Swap sigils have a universal cooldown of 9s on both weapon sets. It will synergize with the weapon swapping cooldown.

(edited by Kyon.9735)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

The patch is meant to be 3rd March. All they have to do: Make Weapon Swap Sigils have 10 second cool down.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

Yes, it works for eles’ attunement swap. You should check it out.

in Profession Balance

Mightymealworm.8409

On swap Sigils have a 9 internal cool down. Ele can only have one weapon set, therefore attunement change can only poc on swap sigils every 9 seconds, not every 5 seconds.

in Profession Balance

Kyon.9735

I don’t think devs are stupid enough to do a blunder like that. A year has passed since release and players won’t let something like that slide without getting a nerf. That would’ve meant perma 20+ might stacks for eles without boon duration, or unlimited dodge rolls without vigor.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Only class that can use them every 5 seconds, vs 9-10 seconds for other classes. Was kind of the point of the whole thread. Unlearn and try again.

I’m still not seeing a problem.

in Profession Balance

Kyon.9735

I’m still not seeing a problem.

Edit: I re-read the reddit post and seem to have misunderstood the part where they remove the universal sigil cooldown.

But it’s still the same mechanics, they can use up to 4 different on swap sigils and proc 2 with no problems at all every 5s

(edited by Kyon.9735)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Can’t they do this now…

Not every Warrior runs Greatsword/Hammer.

in Profession Balance

reikken.4961

nah I don’t think you’ll be able to stack sigils
but you will get an extra dodge, 5s poison, 3 might, and 975 lifesteal every 10 seconds, while every other class can only do this every 20 seconds. (or else pick two of the four and do it every 10)

if you don’t see it as a problem, that means you think warrior needs buffs.

in Profession Balance

reikken.4961

Can’t they do this now…

Not every Warrior runs Greatsword/Hammer.

no. all sigils share one cooldown. currently they (and every other class) only get one proc every 10 seconds instead of 4 procs every 10 seconds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

At first I was kind of excited at the idea of sigils not sharing a CD anymore but after thinking about it I realized that it would end up making my Warrior seriously way too ridiculously OP and then Anet would have to nerf the kitten out of a bunch of perfectly good warrior (and other professions as well) traits and skills just to counteract the sigils. Now I hope they don’t proceed with the idea.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Swap, 9 second timer begins. 5 seconds later you can swap to proc the 2nd set, begin 2nd 9 sec timer. First set has 4 sec recharge left with 5 sec till next swap. Each set will go off every 10 seconds, staggered every 5. That’s twice the procs of any other class.

What? Is this how it will work? Shouldn’t they proc at the same time?

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in Profession Balance

Kyon.9735

Since Anet is planning to remove the universal cooldown of sigils based on the livestream, Warriors can proc up to 4 different on swap sigils in 10s if they trait for it.

in Profession Balance

Julie Yann.5379

Since Anet is planning to remove the universal cooldown of sigils based on the livestream, Warriors can proc up to 4 different on swap sigils in 10s if they trait for it.

Not to mention that it is an easy 15 points in Discipline to gain some such an advantage.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

People seem to misunderstand things quite a lot

The SHARED GLOBAL cooldown between sigils is going away, they will still have their own internal cooldown. Otherwise an Engineer could stack 25 stacks of might in a matter of secnds by using Battle, i doubt that is going to happen.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Here’s another buff. Critical damage will be reduced by 10% and healing signet effectiveness is only reduced 8%, so healing signet will be 2% stronger in damage mitigation.

in Profession Balance

Kyon.9735

The SHARED GLOBAL cooldown between sigils is going away, they will still have their own internal cooldown. Otherwise an Engineer could stack 25 stacks of might in a matter of secnds by using Battle, i doubt that is going to happen.

Well, first of all an engineer (and ele) only has one weapon set so they can only proc two on-swap sigils every 9 seconds at most. But other classes has two weapon sets meaning they can have four on-swap sigils which means they can proc four different on swap sigils in 20 seconds.

How about warriors? They can trait for 5s weapon swap. Unless all four on-swap sigils proc the cooldown during weapon swap, they can proc up to four different on-swap sigils in 10 seconds. So basically what we want is a clarification on Anet how on-swap sigils will work.

Imagine I am a warrior and we know that I can’t proc 2x Sigil of Energy in 10 seconds, but how about two different sigils? If I have Energy then swap to another weapon set with Hydromancy 5 seconds after I proc Energy, will Hydromancy work?

in Profession Balance

Julie Yann.5379

You don’t understand. If they go ahead and remove the shared CD. With fast hands I could swap to 1 set and proc sigil of battle and energy. 5 seconds later swap to my second set and proc hyrdomancy and leeching. 5 seconds later swap back to my first set and proc battle and energy again. That’s 4 on swap sigil procs every 10 seconds.

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

This.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Well, first of all an engineer (and ele) only has one weapon set so they can only proc two on-swap sigils every 9 seconds at most. But other classes has two weapon sets meaning they can have four on-swap sigils which means they can proc four different on swap sigils in 20 seconds.

How about warriors? They can trait for 5s weapon swap. Unless all four on-swap sigils proc the cooldown during weapon swap, they can proc up to four different on-swap sigils in 10 seconds. So basically what we want is a clarification on Anet how on-swap sigils will work.

Imagine I am a warrior and we know that I can’t proc 2x Sigil of Energy in 10 seconds, but how about two different sigils? If I have Energy then swap to another weapon set with Hydromancy 5 seconds after I proc Energy, will Hydromancy work?

Based on the Information they gave us, yes that will work.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: IchigoHatake.5098

IchigoHatake.5098

NOPE, WARRIORS ARE SO NOT OVERPOWERED. That sword 4 torment spam? Not over powered. That berserker stance, dolyak signet, endure pain, balanced stance, healing sig? Not over powered. That high armor and great damage? Not over powered. That fast swap? Not over powered.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: icewyrm.5038

icewyrm.5038

They may add a slot1/slot2 global sigil ICD to replace current sigil type ICD. It certainly wouldn’t surprise me.

They may also be removing the passive stat bonus given by sigils when the sigil is no longer equipped (so your 25 bloodlust stacks disappear when you de-equip the weapon, or when you swap weapon until you swap back again).

Since they are doing a big rework, they could be making all sorts of changes. We’ll have to wait and see.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

NOPE, WARRIORS ARE SO NOT OVERPOWERED. That sword 4 torment spam? Not over powered. That berserker stance, dolyak signet, endure pain, balanced stance, healing sig? Not over powered. That high armor and great damage? Not over powered. That fast swap? Not over powered.

Yup, any warrior equipping those four utility skills with healing signet will be really OP. Glad you figured that out….

in Profession Balance

Kyon.9735

Based on the Information they gave us, yes that will work.

Then don’t you think it’s unfair for only warriors to be able to do this?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

now thats what i call preemptive QQ

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

this will be working as intended, because, fast hands trait is working as intended.

activating 2 different on swap sigils on each swap is an intended game play mechanic for warriors with fast hands trait.

nothing overpowered.

move along, nothing more to see here.

do you think it is fair that

mesmers have illusions
thieves can stealth
necromancers have death shroud

etc.

warriors have fast hands.

this is working as intended.
get over it.

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

this will be working as intended, because, fast hands trait is working as intended.

activating 2 different on swap sigils on each swap is an intended game play mechanic for warriors with fast hands trait.

nothing overpowered.

move along, nothing more to see here.

do you think it is fair that

mesmers have illusions
thieves can stealth
necromancers have death shroud

etc.

warriors have fast hands.

this is working as intended.
get over it.

You keep stating the same gimmicks for other professions whenever people talk about warriors just quit it.
You can’t argue that warriors are balanced while using the same class mechanics of other classes all the time in your arguments.

Random poster 1: “Warrior landpeed is broken”
Deimos: “Thief have stealth, mesm have illusions etc.”

Random poster 2: “warrior have insane health regen in a passive skill while having the highest health and armor”
Deimos : “Thief can survive with stealth and mesm can use illusions etc.”

Random poster 3: “Warriors will be able to proc 4 sigils every 10 sec”
Deimos: “It’s fine because Theif have stealth, mesm have illusions etc”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

You keep stating the same gimmicks for other professions whenever people talk about warriors just quit it.
You can’t argue that warriors are balanced while using the same class mechanics of other classes all the time in your arguments.

Random poster 2: “warrior have insane health regen in a passive skill while having the highest health and armor”

yup. because rocks scissors papers.

every profession have their roles and specialties.
warriors can swap weapons faster.

only if they spend 15 trait points in Discipline though.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

now thats what i call preemptive QQ

The only sensible post in this topic.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Noliver.1475

Noliver.1475

yup. because rocks scissors papers.

every profession have their roles and specialties.
warriors can swap weapons faster.

only if they spend 15 trait points in Discipline though.

rock paper scissors?

more like rock rock scissors..

If your warrior is being handed with 3 opness and you can only state 1 from each profession.. it means it is 3 to 1…. not a fair trade like rock paper scissors.

What you are saying is
Every profession have their roles and specialties.
Just Warrior’s specialty is having more specialties than other classes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

You don’t understand. If they go ahead and remove the shared CD. With fast hands I could swap to 1 set and proc sigil of battle and energy. 5 seconds later swap to my second set and proc hyrdomancy and leeching. 5 seconds later swap back to my first set and proc battle and energy again. That’s 4 on swap sigil procs every 10 seconds.

It’ll be a bit like twisting aura’s on the Chosen/KotBS in Warhammer. It was a lame mechanic and it required you to swap every x seconds, but the additional buffs that it gave you were insane.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: skyz.7321

skyz.7321

People have completely misinterpreted the changes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Hmm. when i posted about this people fell head over heels to call me a noob.
guess i was right after all.. good to know ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Profession Balance

Mightymealworm.8409

Hmm. when i posted about this people fell head over heels to call me a noob.
guess i was right after all.. good to know ^^

Had to fight for it, because at first people find it simply unbelievable.

Anyway I probably should have brought the concern up in a better format, but I was bored and feeling a bit impish. Nothing like a good forum speculation fight. However, I’m not that sure that the Devs have thought about it as an issue based on how many people this has slipped by here.

Hope that they do figure it all out before it goes live. Upcoming patch notes sure would be nice, hint hint.

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

I do agree on this topic, but:

-Warrior need to trait for it, and so:

if you take a look at other classes they can trait also to gain boons or something while swapping attunement or swapping kits on engi.. Its maby not the total same thing. But it gets close..