why condition damage is broken..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

No point the devs have their hands over thier ears =/

No, people are just being childish and don’t actually provide any criticism.

I would ignore feedback like I get on this forum, too. (I’m a dev, though not in game development)
The people who post “feedback” of those “quality” are either too angry to be taken serious (not rational enough in their opinion) or of an intellectual level where you can hardly find out what their actual point was.

What do you do with that as a dev? Especially if say, only 10% of your playerbase comes to the forums? 90% are obviously happy so everything is fine?
Added conundrum: It seems from the posts that the vocal 10% are unproportionally many sPvPers, which would make the silent majority mostly WvWers and especially (guesswork, based on other games) PvEers.
The sPvPers sit here and want conditions nerfed. The game modes where – apparently – the majority plays need conditions buffed. Do you really break the game for the majority just because of a very angry minority on the forums?

To get back to the initial point, think about the context more. Conditions are strong in 1v1 or other such smallscale encounters, but should they be balanced? Can they be balanced? (if WoW is to be taken serious, they can’t)
And if not, what do you do for damage control, so as to not break the rest of the game?

My proposition would be:

• Make conditions much stronger.
  • Make conditions much rarer.
  • Give boons the same treatment.

If I get Weakness, my offence should falter. Yet the effect should be over in 3-5 seconds, and then I should be looking at a significant CD to re-experience the 5 seconds of ~no offence. Due to the raw power, cleansing it would still be a very good thing, but I can sit it out if I want to.
Or another example: If I get hit with Confusion, I’d have a few seconds where mindlessly attacking will see me killed. Yet it’s over quickly, so just not attacking for a moment helps. And I’m somewhat guaranteed to not immediately suffer it again.

To that end, cut most condition’s durations, remove +condiduration except for the traitline which gets cut down to 15% (also remove the food which gives -40% incoming duration), check CDs to make sure they have large intervals, and AE conditions always 2x-3x as much.

Then, buff the hell out of the conditions themselves.

Second, do something similar for boons.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: unleashed.8679

unleashed.8679

To that end, cut most condition’s durations, remove +condiduration except for the traitline which gets cut down to 15% (also remove the food which gives -40% incoming duration), check CDs to make sure they have large intervals, and AE conditions always 2x-3x as much.

With that change, every condition with 6sec or less wont change at all (6*1,15 = 6,9). And for the rest, who will spend 30 trait-points for 1 more second?
And if you want t cut down all condition durations, i think there wont be any condition left with 7sec. base duration.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Oh yeah, non-fractional conditions, I forgot about those!

• For any serious setting, conditions are mixed between players so this is not an issue.
  • For 1v1, make an end-tick which deals less damage. 6,9s → 7th tick deals 90% damage.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

What do you do with that as a dev? Especially if say, only 10% of your playerbase comes to the forums? 90% are obviously happy so everything is fine?
Added conundrum: It seems from the posts that the vocal 10% are unproportionally many sPvPers, which would make the silent majority mostly WvWers and especially (guesswork, based on other games) PvEers.
The sPvPers sit here and want conditions nerfed. The game modes where – apparently – the majority plays need conditions buffed. Do you really break the game for the majority just because of a very angry minority on the forums?

My proposition would be:

• Make conditions much stronger.
  • Make conditions much rarer.
  • Give boons the same treatment.

If I get Weakness, my offence should falter. Yet the effect should be over in 3-5 seconds, and then I should be looking at a significant CD to re-experience the 5 seconds of ~no offence. Due to the raw power, cleansing it would still be a very good thing, but I can sit it out if I want to.
Or another example: If I get hit with Confusion, I’d have a few seconds where mindlessly attacking will see me killed. Yet it’s over quickly, so just not attacking for a moment helps. And I’m somewhat guaranteed to not immediately suffer it again.

These are actually some very good points.

Some stats need to go, condi duration (both positive and negative), boon duration and healing power. Having these stats makes it borderline impossible to balance certain builds/abilities. Along the same lines it would actually be possible to rebalance how long certain conditions last, how much damage they deal or how “strong” certain boons (protection, regeneration) can be made, aswell as how much damage the weapons that can apply these are “allowed” to deal. (That could inculde a general redesign of a lot of weapons)

RIP game 2012-2014

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jackums.3496

Jackums.3496

Also you’re complaining that a player that goes for a damage-bunker style is doing more damage than control-bunker style? This is what I got from your post.

No. It’s making a point of the imbalance between power and condition damage.

yet you said that your power build does control while the condition build does condition damage.

Look again. I didn’t create this topic. I was simply correcting your false assumption.

The former relies on three stats to be effective (power, precision, critical damage), whereas the latter only requires one (condition damage). Therefore the latter can build into defensive stats whilst maintaining the condition damage equivalent of a zerker power build.

Before you mention condition duration; it’s a completely optional stat that can be increased quite sufficiently through consumables already.

What about precision? It is a necessairy component to increase condition damage, it increase the amount of stacks that are created on the enemy.

It’s not necessary in any sense. It boosts damage with certain builds (Engi and Necro), but isn’t at all needed to be viable, and even excel.

There are also boons (Fury) and food to increase it, if you really want it.

Also there exist -40% condition food as well, which balances it.

And?

Also conditions even hitting like a zerker?? in dire gear??? Are you even serious? Condition damage is lower then zerker by default.

I said the condition damage equivalent. Condition builds can almost maximize their damage through a single stat alone, whereas direct damage builds have to invest in three stats. That’s the simple fact of the situation, and is an imbalance by definition, as it allows condition builds to almost maximize their damage, whilst simultaneously possessing the defensive stats of a bunker, simply by using dire gear.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Condition damage is continuously cureable while direct-damage isn’t. Just play as a condition build and you will find why condition builds suck. They always get removed without giving a proper damage. They’ve added so many hard counters against conditions while there’s no real hard counters against warrior stun spams or physical damage.
Warrior’s only weak point/counter was condition damage, then with buffs warrior became uber op against condition builds. Berserker stance must return to it’s original state(4s duration) and cleansing ire must be moved to grandmaster tier with a slight nerf.
Just think wvw raid guilds, they don’t want condition builds in their raids and bully condi using members because they know that conditions suck and don’t do dps because of over-cleansing. There are so many negative sides of conditions, conditions are nowhere near physical damage.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Condition damage should be higher POTENTIAL damage given it is a. Over Time and b. Likely to be Cleansed.

For a warrior, condition damage should be far less likely to be cleansed than for other classes. It is your weakness (or should be).

in Profession Balance

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

“Definitely fireworks need be nerfed”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Condition damage should be higher POTENTIAL damage given it is a. Over Time and b. Likely to be Cleansed.

For a warrior, condition damage should be far less likely to be cleansed than for other classes. It is your weakness (or should be).

Just some them

Attachments:

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

If this is your reasoning/example of why conds are OP… then no they shouldn’t nerf cond dmg based off of the lower end skill players in WvW. -.-

I said the condition damage equivalent. Condition builds can almost maximize their damage through a single stat alone, whereas direct damage builds have to invest in three stats. That’s the simple fact of the situation, and is an imbalance by definition, as it allows condition builds to almost maximize their damage, whilst simultaneously possessing the defensive stats of a bunker, simply by using dire gear.

“Almost maximize” =’s ignoring cond duration and on crit cond procs… so… two other stats… like power is the only stat you need to “almost” maximize direct damage… ignoring pre & crit dmg…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Profession Balance

unleashed.8679

Just some them

All those conditions are not from one skill, that necro had to hit you very often to apply that much conditions. For the fear he had to hit you at least with 5 skills to apply 10s fear. The fight had to be longer then 40s (because otherwise there wouldn’t be 12s burning) or the 46 hits of bleed. And he used corruption to get the confusion on you and probably one more fear.

Oh and the DPS was 1,2k (plus direct damage)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jackums.3496

Jackums.3496

“Almost maximize” =’s ignoring cond duration and on crit cond procs… so… two other stats… like power is the only stat you need to “almost” maximize direct damage… ignoring pre & crit dmg…

No. Condition duration isn’t even remotely as necessary to maximize damage as precision and critical damage is for a direct damage build. They’re not comparable.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

No. Condition duration isn’t even remotely as necessary to maximize damage as precision and critical damage is for a direct damage build. They’re not comparable.

Got math to back that up?

100% duration would increase your potential cond damage by… 100%… below that you need to be careful to calculate for the full second ticks. Extra crit procs vary from class to class but a burning or multiple bleed crit procs will also add a lot. Seems pretty important if you’re trying to maximize your cond dmg.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

This depends on the class. My Condition build (ele) has NO use from Precision. Even with Perplexity Rune and Torment Sigil i have like 7% Crit Chance and they both proc fine, they are the ONLY On Crit affects, even Perplexity i think is just per a hit, so if thats the case its just Torment. No traits offer it in the trait lines i am using.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Interesting, due to the binary nature of condition length versus situational cost I would have said the opposite is the case.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Ok, I’m going to spell it out to you guys, like i did on the SPvP Forums

Condition Damage isn’t overpowered, hell Condition Duration isn’t overpowered either

What Makes Conditions Powerful isn’t the damage or duration, Its how many conditions you can put on a target at once.

For instance, 25 Stacks of Bleed isn’t overpowered, In fact its rather underpowered because its 1 condition and can be removed rather instantly….

25 Stacks of Bleed + Chill + Cripple + Vulnerability + Weakness is 10x more scary then just 25 stacks of bleed, Despite the next 4 Conditions Doing NO damage..

Because its a lot harder to get rid of them.

You see this in my BM Bunker Build, I don’t run Intimidation Training on my Spiders because I like Cripple, I run it because it fills up the Opponents Bar with an extra Condition that lets my actual Damage Conditions do damage.

This is the same reason Signet of Spite is scary, Its a rather low damage ability, But at the same time..Its 6 dang conditions instantly on the target.

Hell, This is why Necro’s became scarier when they added Torment and Burning, It wasn’t that those conditions did damage, Its that they gained 2 more conditions they could put on ya.

This is how condi burst became so strong in small scale encounters; and yet useless in large scale ones.

In small scale ones there are enough cover conditions to overwhelm a solo player’s cleansing; partially because how how spammy certain conditions can be as well as how non selective most cleanse options are, which combined ensures that the damaging conditions stay on while the cleanses get wasted on the covers.

This of course breaks completely once you get a critical mass of people together who are spamming non selective AE cleanses which renders condition builds mostly pointless in higher tier group WvW.

The system could use a rework; such as not granting so much cover condition spam but also realigning the cleanses to be more selective about what they cleanse as well, so that conditions aren’t so effective in small scale but not useless in large scale.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Condition are broken but if a tanky warrior makes 6.4k damge with this bow on a thief this is perfect fine.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

>>My proposition would be:
Make conditions much stronger.
Make conditions much rarer.
Give boons the same treatment.

Bad idea. A single blinding powder can remove two conditions. making conditions MUCH more powerful but harder to apply does not in any way shape or form affect conditioning cleansing. With conditions harder to apply and rarer I just clean them more easily and the damage they might have inflicted does nothing.

Use the warrior as example. So what if I lay on MUCH more powerful bleeds if all he does is use a shout and it cleansed? If it harder to reapply that same stack then that means his shouts recharge in time for a repeat.

What makes conditions work is overwhelming the cleansing available with continual reapplications. If I only had bleeds and they were harder to apply even if the damage done by each tick was doubled from 150 to 300 I would so less damage because it would be cleansed faster and more easily.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

>>My proposition would be:
Make conditions much stronger.
Make conditions much rarer.
Give boons the same treatment.

Bad idea. A single blinding powder can remove two conditions. making conditions MUCH more powerful but harder to apply does not in any way shape or form affect conditioning cleansing. With conditions harder to apply and rarer I just clean them more easily and the damage they might have inflicted does nothing.

Use the warrior as example. So what if I lay on MUCH more powerful bleeds if all he does is use a shout and it cleansed? If it harder to reapply that same stack then that means his shouts recharge in time for a repeat.

What makes conditions work is overwhelming the cleansing available with continual reapplications. If I only had bleeds and they were harder to apply even if the damage done by each tick was doubled from 150 to 300 I would so less damage because it would be cleansed faster and more easily.

It wasn’t stated, but the argument is also to significantly reduce cleansing too. Currently, we have the result of an arms race between MOAR CONDI spam-procs and MOAR CLEANSE, to the point that if you aren’t packing max-cleanse you get demolished.

Let’s dial back both the condi-application procs, and the cleanse so that it actually requires more timing to use beyond “Oh crap, I have a ton of condis! Better wipe em off so we can start over again!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

It wasn’t stated, but the argument is also to significantly reduce cleansing too. Currently, we have the result of an arms race between MOAR CONDI spam-procs and MOAR CLEANSE, to the point that if you aren’t packing max-cleanse you get demolished.

It goes the other way too, if you incorporate conditions in your build generally its best to go full condition, +duration, etc otherwise you’ll also get shut down. What gets hurt the most are those in the middle, the hybrid specs, or the power specs that rely on utility conditions over damaging ones. For example, a power build that makes use of cripples/immobilize etc is pointless in a meta where one of the most common classes seen has outright immunity (unless you spec completely into a condi setup, +65% duration or more)

(edited by roamzero.9486)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Yeah, mixing conditions and hexes was a bad move by ANet in terms of balancing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

No. It’s making a point of the imbalance between power and condition damage. The former relies on three stats to be effective (power, precision, critical damage), whereas the latter only requires one (condition damage). Therefore the latter can build into defensive stats whilst maintaining the condition damage equivalent of a zerker power build.

Before you mention condition duration; it’s a completely optional stat that can be increased quite sufficiently through consumables already.

This part I found enjoyable. Thank you.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

condition dmg is not affected by toughness

condition dmg has secondary controll effect

condtition dmg often comes through passive application (from AA)

condition dmg comes from fields that stay there for a while rendering dodge useless

condition duration is pretty much useless due to spammable nature of conditions

certain classes being able to build full tank and do kittened dmg through conditions isn’t helping situation either

devs response? nerf to crit dmg which is direct merf to direct dmg builds and indirect buff to condi tanks… again

sense? 0

the bias is shining so strong through patch notes

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

small scale and 1v1 conditions are strong. the only classes that give me issues are high evade theif and S/F ele

but in wvw once we get to 10+ guild group conditions start to take a backseat due to the aoe condi clears.

My best solution (well at least for necro’s) is to nerf Sig of spite by giving it a 2s cast time and a nerf or removal of dumbfire.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

(edited by Brando.1374)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

My best solution (well at least for necro’s) is to nerf Sig of spite by giving it a 2s cast time and a nerf or removal of dumbfire.

Dhuumfire is getting changed to be tied to life blast. Signet of Spite needs no nerf. It’s already a 1 second cast with a massive animation. Try taking the easy dodge instead of asking for it to be even easier.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Brando.1374

Dhuumfire is getting changed to be tied to life blast. Signet of Spite needs no nerf. It’s already a 1 second cast with a massive animation. Try taking the easy dodge instead of asking for it to be even easier.

Only reason I mention sos is because ppl complain when they get hit by it and they refer to that skill as our Iwin button.

in Profession Balance

Cynz.9437

this was done in 3 sec, gl dodging all that aoe while being feared non stop

condis can burst as fast as direct dmg if not faster

worse, the amount of condi comming from some AA (hello scepter necros) is simply absurd; i rolled that build for funzies on my necro, i killed ppl with AA alone….skill yo

Attachments:

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: whyme.3281

whyme.3281

done or applied in 3 seconds? 8 times burning damage means at least 8 seconds fight.

What was your build, what was the enemies builds? PvP or WvW….. just posting some pictures doesnt proof anything.

in Profession Balance

unleashed.8679

I would like to know which build did that damage in 3sec?

I am asking, because it is impossible to deal that much conditions in such a short time
for a single necro.

• dhuumfire will max. last 3s not 8s . Even with corrupting aegis you will only get 7,5s and I doubt that there is a +10% burn duration, just for that scenario.
  • blood is power is the longest bleed with max. 60s duration, not 83s

But tbh if you cant cleanse a single bleed within 83s it is your fault.

And look at warriors sword if you want to cry about AA. Necros scepter damage is decent.

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

1. Nice try, but there is no possible way to apply that many conditions in 3 seconds, even on a necro. Perhaps if cast times weren’t taken into account or there was more than one opponent (in which case, power builds would have taken you down just as quick).

2. So…stunbreak the fear? If you’re doing any form of PvP and you aren’t packing a stunbreak, you’re going to lose hard at some point.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Cynz.9437

it shows more because of downed state but i died in 1 fear basically

it was dhumfire necro obviosly

my stunbreak is on 1 min cd…

All is Vain~

in Profession Balance

Brando.1374

worse, the amount of condi comming from some AA (hello scepter necros) is simply absurd; i rolled that build for funzies on my necro, i killed ppl with AA alone….skill yo

Fight was at least 6 seconds due to 6 ticks of fear.

Dont worry all the bad necro’s will cry once Dumbfire is on Ds1 and can be dodged

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

So you are a zerker ele?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

ahh yes… Condition dmg is soooo strong… anet is dropping direct dmg to -10% or basically90% of what it used to be overall. love you anet! fail!

in Profession Balance

unleashed.8679

The build is relative clear:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNArYmCp7x7JEoHAAAAiRKImghSBAkOA-TsAAzCpIKS9l7LTRyvsfNCYtwUAA (2)

From the terror damage, he was running around with ~2.000 (1) condition damage. Max. value from armor is 1.200 so the rest came from 25 might stacks.

So you run into a necro with full might stacks, had aegis and stability on yourself. These got corrupted (1,6*(2s+3s) = 8s burn) and you got your first fear, then he placed staff 5 and used DS 2 and 5. For all those bleeds, the necro had to hit you multiple times and used blood is power.

(1) I used this calculation: 2 + (4,5 * level) + (0,3 * condi damage) from german wiki
english wiki said its 0,4 * condi damage what leads to ~2.600 condi damage (think that’s wrong)
(2) Amulet could be Carrio, runes could be 6*necromancers, too.

in Profession Balance

Brando.1374

The build is relative clear:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNArYmCp7x7JEoHAAAAiRKImghSBAkOA-TsAAzCpIKS9l7LTRyvsfNCYtwUAA (2)

From the terror damage, he was running around with ~2.000 (1) condition damage. Max. value from armor is 1.200 so the rest came from 25 might stacks.

So you run into a necro with full might stacks, had aegis and stability on yourself. These got corrupted (1,6*(2s+3s) = 8s burn) and you got your first fear, then he placed staff 5 and used DS 2 and 5. For all those bleeds, the necro had to hit you multiple times and used blood is power.

(1) I used this calculation: 2 + (4,5 * level) + (0,3 * condi damage) from german wiki
english wiki said its 0,4 * condi damage what leads to ~2.600 condi damage (think that’s wrong)
(2) Amulet could be Carrio, runes could be 6*necromancers, too.

based off burning the necro was running around 1300 condi dmg

in Profession Balance

unleashed.8679

you are right, but that doesn’t make sense, …

in Profession Balance

Brando.1374

you are right, but that doesn’t make sense, ...

wiki is wrong.
calculation is 2+(4.5*level)+(0.3*condi dmg) this will only show the dmg without any other condition on the target
362 + 390 = 752

add 50% for the target having a condition on them = 1128 terror damage
Now nerf it by 17% lol you get = 936 terror damage.

(edited by Brando.1374)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

riiight 83 hits of bleed in 3 seconds. if youre going to argue against any meta you at least cant lie about obvious pieces of evidence.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

riiight 83 hits of bleed in 3 seconds. if youre going to argue against any meta you at least cant lie about obvious pieces of evidence.

Pretty bad evidence. It doesn’t show how many opponent he had nor what was the damage after he went down. Pointless whine until video capture. And perception is tricky.

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

So even with the automatic total condition cleanse on downed state, he somehow feared you another 5 seconds, including the fact that downed players can’t be touched by Spectral Wall, nor set off Reaper’s Mark?

Either A, you’re lying to us about how long it took (most likely, since the most possible bleed ticks in 3 seconds is 75, and that’s if you suddenly had 25 stacks applied all within 1 second, yet you’re showing 83 ticks) or B, you’re lying to us about how many opponents you had (and how long it took)

I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Profession Balance

unleashed.8679

Either A, you’re lying to us about how long it took (most likely, since the most possible bleed ticks in 2 seconds is 75, and that’s if you suddenly had 25 stacks applied all within 1 second, yet you’re showing 83 ticks) or B, you’re lying to us about how many opponents you had (and how long it took)

no 83 bleed ticks = 83 sec of bleed. It doesn’t matter if he had 25 or 1 bleed, both counts as 1 damage tick in that statistic. So the maximum in 2 sec is 3 ticks.

See this post, if it would count every single bleed stack, he would get >600 damage per bleed there:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/why-condition-damage-is-broken/page/2#post3651478

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Regardless of if each bleed tick counts individually or gets lumped together on those logs, 83 ticks is impossible to happen in as short a time as he’s claiming, which was my main point.

I never look at the kill logs anyway, so I’m not exactly familiar with them.

I also realized I said “2 seconds” when I meant 3. Typo on my part that’s been fixed.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

If condition builds couldn’t get tank stats because they would have to get 3 offensive stats like zerker gear, then it would be utterly pointless to play them as direct damage glass cannon > condition damage glass cannon. What is OP though is that several classes can pick up decent condition removal easily while other classes have to sacrifise more just to get some spotty removal.

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

What is OP though is that several classes can pick up decent condition removal easily while other classes have to sacrifice more just to get some spotty removal.

Well, conditions were intended to be a weak spot for mesmers and warriors. Unfortunately, now it’s just mesmers and non-AR engineers. Despite the gripes coming from elementalists, their condition resistance is actually fairly high. Not Warrior-high, but high.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Why is this topic even here? Some kitten like dhuumfire that noone wants is broken by context, but conditions in general are countered by 6 runes and a pile of lemongrass in water, there is nothing that cheap that allows me to reduce the damage of a power build to 20 a hit (80 on crit).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Why is this topic even here? Some kitten like dhuumfire that noone wants is broken by context, but conditions in general are countered by 6 runes and a pile of lemongrass in water, there is nothing that cheap that allows me to reduce the damage of a power build to 20 a hit (80 on crit).

You sort of answered your own question. It is here because those power builds wish the ability to take rune and consumable sets that would maximize their power and crit ability allowing them to take down enemies in two hits so they can call it a display of skill.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

The problem with condition damage is that it’s kitten in pve, but godlike in small group pvp.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

I disagree, Power Damage is better than Condition Damage in every situation BUT high toughness enemies. Let me elaborate.

In PvE groups if you have more than a single condition user their conditions will override eachother/reach their cap. Condition builds do very little to destructible objects, 99.99% of which are immune to conditions fully. World Bosses will be capped for conditions before their spawning animation is even finished most of the time, leaving you with only the damage from power.

During PvP conditions shine a bit more, but most players always bring condition removal. From there skilled players will not waste their condi-removal on weak conditions and instead save it for the spike, wasting your condi-removal is the goal of skilled Condi-Users.

If burn damage effected world objects it would easy some trouble in my opinion, especially while leveling or questing. “Here is this dry wooden weapons rack for your quest, destroy it but don’t bother setting it on fire because that would make sense.”