15,000 Candy Corn for a 20 Slot Box

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Have 2k+ FOTM tokens, why would I want to grind for this bag?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I was expecting the 20-slot bag to be a reward we could reasonably get one of, maybe a couple for those with a lot of time to play.

This is what I was expecting too. I wasn’t expecting it to be super cheap or easy but at least somewhat reasonable to obtain. I was pretty appalled when I saw the cost.

You weren’t meant to grind for candy corn in order to get the pail, you were meant to buy it off of the TP and take the millions of units out of the economy.

I get that. But I think they’ve made the quantity needed to be so extreme that they won’t be achieving their goal at all given it’s incredibly easier to craft a 20-slot bag or get them through fractals.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Expect once you completed the Mad Prince part that you will see Candy Corn everyhwere. The golem tells to you that the prince might be responsible for it. So if you complete the story line you will see all the Candy Corn. If you do not complete it they will not be visible for you. I assume that this is going to happen, if the story at all makes sense. We’ll find out with the next daily when people completed the meta.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I just found an upgraded skull in the labyrinth. Was a bit suprised.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Holy Whirlwind.2067

Holy Whirlwind.2067

Did someone say the LS is grindy?

Lies… everyone knows Anet doesn’t make grindy games!

I think they said you would not have to grind for armor, weapons, or items that are better stats. If you choose to grind for an item purely because of a unique look, that is now up to you the player.

While I do agree that the above statement was true at release, with the addition of ascended weapons, it no longer holds true. The rings, amulets, and earring come pretty naturally through game play (laurels), guild missions, and fractals, however the backpiece took more grinding in fractals. Now with the release of ascended weapons (with better stats), I found myself having to grind daily at jump puzzles and for materials on multiple toons .

(edited by Holy Whirlwind.2067)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: magicweaver.2695

magicweaver.2695

I now think the Candy Corn rewards are meant to be a long term reward. That’s why a home candy corn node is the meta reward.

At first I was against this thought, because honestly, they were not clear that the candy corn cobs were going to be attainable after the event, but even still, 10k chattering skulls etc? I have yet to get even 1!

Piken Square

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: magicweaver.2695

magicweaver.2695

I now think the Candy Corn rewards are meant to be a long term reward. That’s why a home candy corn node is the meta reward.

At first I was against this thought, because honestly, they were not clear that the candy corn cobs were actually going to be attainable after the event (which they are), but even still, is it 10k chattering skulls (some even have said 100k), etc? I have yet to get even 1 (regular or refined)! That’s with running the labyrinth, opening trick or treat bags, and trying to do the doors in open world as well.

Piken Square

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Avadore.4196

Avadore.4196

Problem is that the Candy Corn 20 slot bag is the same as all other 20 slot bags but at an increase cost. What should have been added was a bigger slot bag. Possibly as a 24 slot bag. In this scenario the item is different than all other bags in game because it can hold more. The added cost would be justified and would be up to players and market to decide the gold cost/value of the item.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Cotheer.2806

Cotheer.2806

At first I was against this thought, because honestly, they were not clear that the candy corn cobs were going to be attainable after the event, but even still, 10k chattering skulls etc? I have yet to get even 1!

I just got 12 skulls from the personalized trick-or-treat bag. You can buy them (bags) from the “ghost” or “pirate” quaggans in LA using candy corns.

Nevertheless, the quantity required is still crazy, but yeah…

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

It’s been confirmed that Sonder the Seller will continue to trade Candy Cobs for the Mini Prince and Halloween Pail. However, looking at the numbers…

Pail = 15 Cobs = 15,000 Candy Corn
Mini = 20 Cobs = 20,000 Candy Corn

Say you get 10 Candy Corn every day you mine the node. That’s rather a lot, but at least we won’t be under-estimating.

(15,000 cc)/(10cc/day) = 1,500 days

That’s over four years, assuming you mine the node every day. Nearly 5 1/2 years for the Mini. The Candy Corn node should be neat if you’re cooking with it, but won’t make a meaningful dent in the prices for these items even over time.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s been confirmed that Sonder the Seller will continue to trade Candy Cobs for the Mini Prince and Halloween Pail. However, looking at the numbers…

Pail = 15 Cobs = 15,000 Candy Corn
Mini = 20 Cobs = 20,000 Candy Corn

Say you get 10 Candy Corn every day you mine the node. That’s rather a lot, but at least we won’t be under-estimating.

(15,000 cc)/(10cc/day) = 1,500 days

That’s over four years, assuming you mine the node every day. Nearly 5 1/2 years for the Mini. The Candy Corn node should be neat if you’re cooking with it, but won’t make a meaningful dent in the prices for these items even over time.

Don’t forget, next year, instead of 20,000 candy corn, it’ll probably be 2,000,000 so you’re never going to win.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Except the gift recipes will no longer be sold after the halloween event ends. And by the next year they’ll likely up the requirements again. The box it seems will remain, but getting one through relics (or plain crafting/TP) would be much faster and cheaper.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

I really hate how this made me dislike Halloween. Over the last years regardless if it was GW1 or GW2 Halloween was always my favorite event. This year when I heard we could get a minipet and bags for candy corn I was very excited… and then came the real update and I saw the prices… Sure this things should not be totally cheap, but this is just too much.
I mean just for the minipet I would have to farm three stacks candy corn every day of the event. And to be honest, yes I play everyday, but for this I just don’t have the time. Sure I could tell my guild I will be not doing anything with them until event finishes and just farm all time I have, but where would be the fun in that…
Really frustrated at the moment, because this made me dissapointed in my most favorite event (and yes for me it is a big deal with the mini, because I love collecting them)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

“We don’t make grindy games.”

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

“We make grindy patches instead!”

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

You weren’t meant to grind for candy corn in order to get the pail, you were meant to buy it off of the TP and take the millions of units out of the economy. Unfortunately, at the moment it looks like they may have miscalculated on how much inflation would effect the final monetary value of the item.

I saw on Dulfy that the 3 weapon Gift of *, needs 10 Corn Cobs and 100 of one of the other (i.e. 100 Gibbering Skulls). That means 10.000 Corns and 100.000 chattering skulls… it’s plain stupid… it’s nearly impossible to get 1k chattering skulls alone… but 100k ???

Not to mention that 100,000 equates to 400 stacks. I wonder how many people have 400 spare storage slots to store all this stuff?

100, 000 units get upgraded into higher tier mats. 100 units, or less than a stack.

So new or returning players like myself who don’t have much gold or any saved candy corn get the shaft. Some event. I mean why even call it a holiday event if it was meant to be nothing more than buying kitten on the TP? I mean they could release that crap any time of the year.

in Blood and Madness

Redenaz.8631

So new or returning players like myself who don’t have much gold or any saved candy corn get the shaft.

Heck, I’ve played pretty regularly since launch, including last Halloween, and it’s still way out of my “affordable” price range, if it’s even in my price range at all. I think you have to farm fairly seriously to even consider upgrading Halloween materials for something.

in Blood and Madness

Ellisande.5218

So new or returning players like myself who don’t have much gold or any saved candy corn get the shaft.

Heck, I’ve played pretty regularly since launch, including last Halloween, and it’s still way out of my “affordable” price range, if it’s even in my price range at all. I think you have to farm fairly seriously to even consider upgrading Halloween materials for something.

There’s no way I can “farm fairly seriously” in regards to farming 10,000 candy corn +the thousands of other mats without failing all my classes and getting fired from my job.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

And even then there’s still the chance that RNG will never shine down on you and you will never get the money you need within the unreasonable amount of time allotted to earn such rewards.

Supposedly you were supposed to be able to get the upgraded materials from the bloody prince event daily, but heck, I haven’t got one yet, and even then, you wouldn’t have 100 by the end of the event.

Honestly if you want to get anything from Halloween, you need to get a (good) precursor to drop. It’s really just impossible for the normal player.

Economics != fun

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I think you’re just underestimating the amount of gold some people have. There’s some near-monopolies on the TP. The game just seems to be scaled with these people as the benchmark. See the cost of ascended crafting for another example.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

I think you’re just underestimating the amount of gold some people have. There’s some near-monopolies on the TP. The game just seems to be scaled with these people as the benchmark. See the cost of ascended crafting for another example.

Those people are as rich as they are because they are not stupid. Why would you waste 70g for a 20 slot bag that has no visual effect at all and no one will ever know you have it, if you can buy regular 20 slot bags for 11-12 gold.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

What should have been a seasonal way for people to get one extra bag of 20 slots, it’s a pointless waste.

It’s cheaper to get a fractal of the mist bag, or even crafting a 20-slot one.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

What should have been a seasonal way for people to get one extra bag of 20 slots, it’s a pointless waste.

Seriously. I remember practically getting a 20 slot karka shell handed to me for showing up for that event.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

Here is my tinfoil hat theory behind the entire halloween “mats gate” situation. In two words, the Gem Store… That’s right, look at the amounts of materials required. Look at the drop rates, and look at the available activities where these mats can be aquired. HUGE cost, low drop rate and a very limited set of activities to participate in to acquire said items. (they even removed activities that were present last year). This all paints a pretty clear picture. We were NEVER expected to be able to actually acquire these mats/items. We are meant to buy them. Or, more accurately we are meant to buy gems, convert gems to gold, and then buy them. Plain and simple.
Well guess what? I don’t want to buy the items. That is not fun. I buy QOL items, or black lion keys, transmutation crystals, etc. Every month, i spend ~$20 on the gem store, simply because I want to support the game. But if everything is buy only, then what am i playing for? what am i working towards? what reason do i have to continue to log in, when logging in and acquiring the cool new gear is deliberately reduced to a swipe of the credit card? The simple answer? That leaves no reason to log in.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

hahahaha 90g for a bag! 90g! Let’s just call it by the name. 1 corn is 60 copper times 15 000 equals 90g. Very reasonable….

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Seriously. I remember practically getting a 20 slot karka shell handed to me for showing up for that event.

I was given a 20 slot Karka Shell for logging in right after the event ended because A-Net felt bad that I missed the event, which I appreciate due to me being busy that entire day.

in Blood and Madness

Redenaz.8631

Here is my tinfoil hat theory behind the entire halloween “mats gate” situation. In two words, the Gem Store… That’s right, look at the amounts of materials required

1cob = 1000corn = 6g10s
1pail = 15cobs = 91g50s
1g = $0.27
1pail = $24.705

Even if you buy the pail with gems, there’s just no getting around the fact that the value of the pail is drastically out of line with…everything, really. For the same price, I could afford multiple bag slots and 20-slot bags to fill them with. Minis and weapon skins you can at least make a case for them being exclusive, but when you look at the bag and compare it with near-identical alternatives, it smells less like a scheme and more like a poor balancing of numbers, or a major lack of awareness of the existing market.

Recipe: Gift of the Moon costs 2/3 that in candy corn ($16.47) plus 69g ($18.63) for the chattering skulls. Assuming you have the other ingredients, that’s $35.1 for the recipe, before you even get into crafting the Gift of the Moon itself, much less The Mad Moon weapon. Buying The Mad Moon outright cots 132g, or $35.64, which is surprisingly near the price of the recipe. Buying the recipe (say, if you want to craft multiples and sell them,) costs $12.16, nearly 1/3 the price of going the upgrading route.

The “upgrading candy” route is generally too expensive to be worthwhile, even if you pay in gems; you could pay real money and you’d still be better off bypassing Sonder the Seller entirely for everything but the Bloody Prince Mini, since he’s your only option there. I was going to say that it’s possible the market supply of old recipes will dry up, leaving only the upgrading-candy route as the cheaper or only option…but Sonder is going to stop trading Gibbering Skulls after Nov. 11, so unless the market hits that inflection point before then, there will never have been a point at which the upgrade route made sense. Ever. Regardless of whether you pay in gold or cash, the new route for making the recipes will have been absolutely pointless.

And if that’s the case, it would have been better to simply discontinue the old weapons, which would make those already making/selling/showing them off happy, without teasing all those who were hoping for a cheaper alternative. “It was exclusive to last year” is a whole lot more satisfying than “You can get it this new way, even though it’s still cheaper the old way.” If a restaurant that usually costs $10 to eat at begins offering an identical $30 meal, they haven’t ripped me off, since I can still buy the $10, but they have confused me, and seem pretty confused themselves.

Prices taken from GWSpidy at the time of this posting, and are subject to change, obviously. Halloween Pail does have a unique name/icon, but as that generally isn’t visible to other players, the value of it over functionally comparable goods is negligible. The Mini Prince, expensive as it is, is really the only Sonder the Seller item worth considering, since it’s the only item that can’t be bought more cheaply on the trading post.

(edited by Redenaz.8631)

in Blood and Madness

Ellisande.5218

Because at 10 candy corn per day (assuming you actually can play every day), that route would take you 1500 days or 4.108 years, totally reasonable.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

I’m at about 500 CC due to running the labyrinth a few times earlier in the month, but since school takes out a big chunk of my day…yeah…Not very achievable since I also only have like ten silver.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Goobers.8509

Goobers.8509

So because they made a way for players to convert gold into gems, we have to suffer? If they are relying on gem store revenue to keep thisgame going that wasn’t a wise decision. The reason the gem prices are at an all time high is because they want it this way. They want us to see that buying gems with dollars is the quicker route. Not a very smart move since this isn’t a free to play game. The only thing I’m seeing is a knife being shoved into the heart of guild wars. I’ll rant on more later after I get some sleep

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The fact that the merchant is permanent means I’m actually ok with the cost.

I don’t mind spending a lot for minis (my most expensive so far in GW2 is about 65g but I’ve spent insane amounts on them in GW1) and I don’t mind working slowly towards a goal.

It would annoy me if it was limited to Halloween because that would require an insane amount of farming, but since I can spread it out it doesn’t bother me.

For the record I won’t be converting gems to gold to buy it though. I’ll just save up gold I get while playing and periodically buy candy corn. (Most of my gold goes on minis anyway.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

(edited by Danikat.8537)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I don’t mind spending a lot for minis (my most expensive so far in GW2 is about 65g but I’ve spent insane amounts on them in GW1) and I don’t mind working slowly towards a goal.

It would annoy me if it was limited to Halloween because that would require an insane amount of farming, but since I can spread it out it doesn’t bother me.

…spread it out? how? At 10 candy corns a day (which is a generous approximation of the node yield – the real average will be lower), it’s over four years of gathering. If you remember to do it every day.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Blood and Madness

Danikat.8537

…spread it out? how? At 10 candy corns a day (which is a generous approximation of the node yield – the real average will be lower), it’s over four years of gathering. If you remember to do it every day.

How would you spread out any kind of farming?

Farming just the node in your home instance is one option. It would take a long time which makes it undesirable to most people but it is still an option.

But I was thinking more of farming gold to buy candy corn from the TP. Maybe do a couple of circuits of a champion train, or run a dungeon or whatever you want to do once a week or so and use the money to buy candy corn. Maybe (as I probably will) just save up whatever gold you get from playing normally and buy it that way.

How you do it is up to you. My point is that a lot of people in this thread seem to think they need to do it ASAP and so have to either burn themselves out farming continuously or spend a small fortune buying gems to convert to gold and since the merchant is permanent that’s not the case. You can take your time with it and do it in whatever way you prefer.

in Blood and Madness

BoogerSammich.7189

How you do it is up to you. My point is that a lot of people in this thread seem to think they need to do it ASAP and so have to either burn themselves out farming continuously or spend a small fortune buying gems to convert to gold and since the merchant is permanent that’s not the case.

Maybe true for the candy corn. But the upgraded mats for the weapon recipes are only available until the end of halloween. So we do indeed need to acquire them ASAP. IMO, the entire halloween event this year was carefully designed to drive us to gem purchases. This sort of move leave a HORRIBLE taste in my mouth. I buy gems just about every month. But not for this sort of thing.

in Blood and Madness

Redenaz.8631

So because they made a way for players to convert gold into gems, we have to suffer? If they are relying on gem store revenue to keep thisgame going that wasn’t a wise decision. The reason the gem prices are at an all time high is because they want it this way. They want us to see that buying gems with dollars is the quicker route. Not a very smart move since this isn’t a free to play game. The only thing I’m seeing is a knife being shoved into the heart of guild wars. I’ll rant on more later after I get some sleep

As I explained, the fact that you can pay cash for these items generally doesn’t matter, because even if you do pay cash, it’s cheaper to buy them directly off the Trading Post than via the “upgrade candy” mechanic, which negates the usefulness of the upgrade mechanic regardless of how much gold you have. The issue isn’t merely “the prices are too high;” the prices are too high compared to existing ways to get the same items, whether you farm gold or buy it with gems.

The only exceptions are Mini Bloody Prince and Mini Carlotta, since candy corn cobs are the only way to get them. For everything else, though, Sonder the Seller is just a redundant, overpriced way to get the same items.

in Blood and Madness

BoogerSammich.7189

As I explained, the fact that you can pay cash for these items generally doesn’t matter, because even if you do pay cash, it’s cheaper to buy them directly off the Trading Post than via the “upgrade candy” mechanic, which negates the usefulness of the upgrade mechanic regardless of how much gold you have. The issue isn’t merely “the prices are too high;” the prices are too high compared to existing ways to get the same items, whether you farm gold or buy it with gems.

The only exceptions are Mini Bloody Prince and Mini Carlotta, since candy corn cobs are the only way to get them. For everything else, though, Sonder the Seller is just a redundant, overpriced way to get the same items.

^^This, sort of. The only caveat is the fact that you can save yourself a significant amount of gold by farming as much candy corn as possible. (Don’t even bother trying to farm for the other upgraded items as apparently they drop about as frequently as precursors)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

I can get the last years skins being offered again this year being a little high but it is a little bit much in my opinion. Though I disagree with the bloody prince mini being so bloody high and such a short time frame to obtain him in as well. I mean there are rare drop world mini’s and event mini’s that have passed cheaper then that bloody mini it is a ripoff.

As a mini collector who already got shafted from last years Christmas mini RNG fest and I can never obtain the mini sparkles due to it’s kittened requirements. It really irks me having yet another out of my reach if I want to do anything else in the game besides go for it and it alone.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

For things that you absolutely need to remain relevant in game!

Oh, wait. No. That’s not true at all.

in Blood and Madness

KorKor.9452

For things that you absolutely need to remain relevant in game!

Oh, wait. No. That’s not true at all.

Considering this is a game that is supposed to be about cosmetics, story, ranked pvp, etc. When that becomes grindy… well isn’t that grinding on what was advertised to be void of it?

Not saying everything is grindy or that it hurts the game to have a few time gated things. This is temporary content though so it’s a little different. It’s a rush to get it if you can at all.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I can get the last years skins being offered again this year being a little high but it is a little bit much in my opinion. Though I disagree with the bloody prince mini being so bloody high and such a short time frame to obtain him in as well. I mean there are rare drop world mini’s and event mini’s that have passed cheaper then that bloody mini it is a ripoff.

As a mini collector who already got shafted from last years Christmas mini RNG fest and I can never obtain the mini sparkles due to it’s kittened requirements. It really irks me having yet another out of my reach if I want to do anything else in the game besides go for it and it alone.

What are you talking about? If you buy all the candy corn from TP this mini is still cheaper than some of the other uber rare mini’s on the TP. If you really want it, farm the gold and buy it. Why whine about something that is in EVERY MMORPG.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Blood and Madness

KorKor.9452

What are you talking about? If you buy all the candy corn from TP this mini is still cheaper than some of the other uber rare mini’s on the TP. If you really want it, farm the gold and buy it. Why whine about something that is in EVERY MMORPG.

Difference here is you had a year to collect any of the set one mini’s before they disappeared off the gem store. Others such as last years Halloween mini’s when using the gem convertor to buy them from gold to gems netted those ones cheaper. Then yet more from other limited events were cheaper to obtain or even skill based in the Queen’s gauntlet. The set two mini’s as well will likely be here for a whole year and they will go down a little. Even the Teq mini has not left the game so there is no rush to obtain it. None of those harder to obtain mini’s were linked to a holiday either. Which holidays aren’t supposed to be a large grind they are holidays for a reason.

So many of the other limited mini’s were indeed cheaper or easier to obtain. That or are something you can save up for over time. So you can use your gold for other things like skins while also slowly setting aside some for that miniature. This one is a limited time mini for a high price in a very short span of time buying up a limited time resource.

Right now to get this limited time mini you need roughly 160 gold straight shot current prices. While at the start of the event it was closer to 200 gold. This mini is linked to a holiday themed item and I should be able to get it for the same time investment in the holiday itself as grinding out more gold but really if anything it should be easier to obtain it by working inside the holiday then more dungeon grinding again. Even if the way to obtain it was one cob a day off doing the bloody prince dungeon so I had to make a choice between a bag or the mini. Much like how I had to choose which Christmas toy mini’s I wanted last year.

Oh.. and fyi? Due to have a longer amount of time and the way you could farm some of those other mini’s during events better? I’ve gotten EVERY single mini cheaper then I could get this one currently. I will hold to collecting the set mini’s at cheaper as well due to how long they will be around. Both my Teq and Firestorm were cheaper to get and they are far better articulated and animated mini’s then this one in my opinion.

in Blood and Madness

Redenaz.8631

Using KorKor’s price of 160g for the Mini Prince, that shoots him up to being the second most expensive mini in the game, compared to those on the trading post. So that means there is one mini more expensive than he is. (Not counting, say, Mini Rytlock, Orrian Baby Chicken, or other non-tradeable minis. There’s really no easy way to gauge their prices.)

Looking at the most expensive tradeable minis on the TP, there are only four that cost over 100g, out of the 117 listings. While it’s possible Anet really was intending a holiday item to be abruptly in the top 1.7% price bracket for its type, it seems just as possible that the number was poorly thought-out. Even Tequatl (80g) and Mini Enraged Twisted Nightmare (70g) aren’t that bad.

Of course, while the Mini Prince is super expensive, okay, whatever, I guess it’s just a high-end collectible, unfortunately. That’s life. What’s more bizarre is what I said already about the prices with this event in general, where it’s cheaper to flat out buy the old items, with their cut off and limited supply, than to buy the items needed for the new recipes, even though their supply is increasing. The whole event seems poorly-tuned, which goes hand-in-hand with the idea that the Mini Prince is effectively way more expensive than intended.

in Blood and Madness

Malediktus.9250

Well I paid 300g for Mr. Sparkles code, but some people even wanted 1000g. So 160g (more like 120g atm) seems like a fair price.

in Blood and Madness

bravoart.5308

Well I paid 300g for Mr. Sparkles code, but some people even wanted 1000g. So 160g (more like 120g atm) seems like a fair price.

For someone that has at any point in this game that has had 300g, I suppose that might sound reasonable.

Some of us still have terrible drop rates, bad rng, and permanent DR that was from the November 15th patch last year. Glad everyone else can have nice things.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the

in Blood and Madness

Malediktus.9250

The droprates are the same for everyone (apart from your magic find value). So if you play a lot it eventually evens out. Most rich people play the trading post thought since you can make 200g a day there flipping stuff if you have enough starting capital.

in Blood and Madness

Danikat.8537

Minor clarification/reminder: Sondar the Seller who converts candy corn into cobs and sells the mini is permanent. He will still be around after Halloween is over.

Therefore the mini Bloody Prince is not a limited-time mini. You have as long as you want/need to gather or buy the candy corn to get him.

in Blood and Madness

Malediktus.9250

You have as long as you need, but it wont become cheaper for sure.

in Blood and Madness

Danikat.8537

You have as long as you need, but it wont become cheaper for sure.

No it won’t. But getting 160g worth of candy corn in your own time, taking as long as you need, is a lot more reasonable than getting it within 1 month.

in Blood and Madness

bravoart.5308

The droprates are the same for everyone (apart from your magic find value). So if you play a lot it eventually evens out. Most rich people play the trading post thought since you can make 200g a day there flipping stuff if you have enough starting capital.

So from your statement – until my magical drops kick in over the course of now until the game is nonexistent, I can’t participate in holidays or gaining money via TP flipping without having to open my wallet.

That sounds fun and completely fair that I just have to wait and continue playing on the idea that drop rates haven’t been fudged as of the Nov15th 2012 update and that rng will eventually pay out.

Seriously, just because you aren’t experiencing a problem, doesn’t mean that one doesn’t exist.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

You don’t need magical drops to get money. You get money by champion farming, doing dungeons, wvw, what have you. The problem isn’t that money is unattainable, the problem is this holiday has nothing to offer unless you spend the full duration NOT participating and instead farming gold in frostgorge or running dungeons.