achievemnets from last year not returning. :(

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: tanf.8917

tanf.8917

I’m sure that if they wanted they could have implement the older achievements in the new update. Bet there’s plenty of ways to do it. This is no way near impossible.
I mean even the kitten carving.. bah.
Uniqueness? please stop. If they really cared about uniqueness they wouldn’t bring the old SAB achievements back.
But you say “ho you cant do world 2 without world 1”, why not? whats so extraordinary about world 1 that cant let me do world 2? some minor weapon upgrades? so bring just these weapon upgrades then, no need the whole older achievement list. They clearly knew about those who missed the old achievement in SAB.
Why not bring the old Halloween back is beyond me.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I’m in two minds about this.

One one hand

• I was one of the people who complained about “grindy” achievements in the past: carve 3905734 pumpkins, hit 23486357 pinatas, etc. Now they changed it so these are only part of dailies, in “healthy little doses” which is totally acceptable to me. The new achievement paradigm is better.
  • I have no problem with some things being only available for a limited time. Life is exciting because thigns change, and that means you win some, you lose some.

On the other hand

• People were hoping to be able to finish achievements they had already started grinding out, and of course they’re disappointed now.
  • Not all content has to be permanent and not all items, titles, achievements etc. have to come back, but I see no reason to not make Halloween and Wintersday an exception to this. I mean, some achievements are story-driven and should be one-time (like the Bloody Prince stuff) and others are generic an could easily have returned (or just displayed under both the Mad King and the Bloody Prince category), like pumpkin carving.

Also

• I missed the dungeon last year but I hear that it was really fun, and I was rather hoping it would be back.
  • There’s currently no achievements for lunatic inquisistion (other than daily activity), which is weird, given how achievements are used to draw players into activities in every single other instance in GW2. Now I’m used to having that carrot dangling in front of my nose!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Lexx.5780

Lexx.5780

While I understand a point about returning achievements and titles and books and other cool things, I couldn’t care less about achievement points.
So what if someone has more than me, if I skip a release of some content, I skip it…unless it has some cool title. Then I turn off the phone and roll down the curtains. But never for achievement points.
Hope they bring ‘em back next year for those who couldn’t get them. Or maybe a new title, huh, huh? No?

Quis qustodiet custodes?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Jennalee.2906

Jennalee.2906

I was under the impression that the achievements would be returning as part of the recurring festival; there was no living story temporary content thing going on at the time, this used to be outside of that category, and so left some of the less fun things for next time. If I had known they wouldn’t be returning i.e. some word of that I’d have finished more of the achieves at the time. I’m guessing now we won’t be seeing a lot of the old Wintersday stuff either, shame.

in Blood and Madness

tanf.8917

I was under the impression that the achievements would be returning as part of the recurring festival; there was no living story temporary content thing going on at the time, this used to be outside of that category, and so left some of the less fun things for next time. If I had known they wouldn’t be returning i.e. some word of that I’d have finished more of the achieves at the time. I’m guessing now we won’t be seeing a lot of the old Wintersday stuff either, shame.

Exactly, i was looking forward to wintersday too, to be able to finish some things i missed, but not gonna get excited anymore.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: ghettogenius.9174

ghettogenius.9174

Yeah this bummed me out too. Had to work last day of the event last year and only had to open like 20 more trick or treat bags for the title :/

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

“Seasonal holidays” should have recurring achievements. That is part of what makes them seasonal. As 95% of the posts here demonstrated Anet. You went the wrong way with this one sadly. hope we can get a red post explaining why they did not bring them back and or saying they will bring them in next time because its what the players want.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

So basically if you don’t play GW2 from the release date, you can never catch up in contents and achievement points?

How do you expect new players reacting to this?

GW1 had exclusive items that could only be obtained during specific events. I missed out on what I thought were the “coolest” ones.

They can be obtained now, you know. They stopped creating new ones, instead you get a token you can exchange for one of the past year’s prizes.

I’m also surprised that at least “master carver” didn’t return, seeing as they have left the pumpkins (in numbers way too big for just completing dailies).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

All I ever wanted…. Was the Master Carver title…

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Sunshine.1796

Sunshine.1796

I remember watching my friend play the clock tower last year and was really excited to play it myself this year. I’m terrible at platforming, but after hours of determination (or being just plain stubborn) I finally managed to do it. It felt awesome and even though they made changes to make it easier for people, it was still rough. But as much time as that took, I’m shocked there’s no achiev for people that complete it this year.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

Funny thing is, the pumpkins are still around, but totally pointless now..

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Funny thing is, the pumpkins are still around, but totally pointless now..

They are used for dailies. At least yesterday had a daily that required carving 5 of them.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Kalastraer.8264

Kalastraer.8264

Yup I’m disappointed with that too. I was hoping to get the last year title as I’ve started playing at the very end of Halloween event

Same I joined the game after the Halloween finished. At least I got a hat

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I agree with you Zylonite. It’s not friendly towards new players. It’s not even a “Living Story”, it’s a recurring festival! And the achievements are not recurring? Way to go… Really sad.

There’s already enough temporary stuff/achievements and currently no way to go back to do them. I hate to say this but : you’ve gone the wrong way with this.

I seriously hope it was a mistake and that an hotfix will enable past achievements.

Can’t agree more, distinguish between living story and festivals. Would have wanted to get the backpiece with another character – but heh, it’s scarce, rare.

Starting to get tired of those limited time offers.

Disappointing.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

What about those that wanted to be there, but couldnt? They deserve to have other options. And personally, looking at people years from now who have things I never had the opportunity to get would just make me sad and resentful. There are ways of preserving the uniqueness and fun of items without limiting what people can get them.

Deserve? I don’t agree. I won’t be there for every event, so I’ll miss certain titles or items. Sure, I’ll envy those who got “cool stuff,” but why would I become sad or resentful over missing out on something in Tyria? As fun as Guild Wars 2 is for me, it’s just a game.

In-game living story events mark a moment in time and that should, in my opinion, be reflected in titles and items, such that some are only available to those who were able to be present. Plenty of new titles and new items available all the time. I have long since given up on trying to acquire anything close to everything.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Kerushi.7609

Kerushi.7609

So basically if you don’t play GW2 from the release date, you can never catch up in contents and achievement points?

How do you expect new players reacting to this?

Personally I am sad not to recommend this game to anyone due to this temp contents and stuff that are gone forever.

For the record, I didn’t buy this game till Mid November last yer, so I do not have any Halloween related Achievements.

But the current holder of the top of the leaderboard is my friend. When the achievement system was rolled out (back in GW1) he worked his butt of trying to get everything he could. With each patch he plays all the achievements. He does all of the dailies, all of the monthlies, everything. Sometimes I feel bad that I have about half the amount of achievements he has, but he has been putting a lot more work in (since day one basically) to get where he is. I think it is Anet’s way of thanking their long term devoted players.

As for replaying content, I agree with you in part. I think that the living story stuff that impacts the story should be available to new players. However I don’t think that the rewards should be available to them. I think that the living story has two purposes: one promotions in the gem store (which is how GW2 stays profitable) and two to keep players constantly into the game. The second goal might be hurt if the achievements are made available post patch because people will not push to get them done in time. I understand holidays are special because they reoccur, but technically this is supposed to be a changing world, so the rewards should also change. Just my two coppers.

~Shirin Shi (Silvari Necro)
TFG Os Northern Shiverpeaks

in Blood and Madness

tanf.8917

Ho poor players who will join the game after a year or two.
This black or white living story attitude is plain ridiculous.
They make sure to always make a short video of the new update, to excite new players to join, but shame they will not see anything from the older stories. (and again, i play from release).

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

I can agree to an extent concerning LW content being a one-time only deal — especially when it has lasting impact on the world as a whole. Can’t really go back to before Southsun was in game — it’s in game now. Can’t really go back to the attack on the Queen’s Jubilee; it’s part of the game’s history now. These types of situations I can certainly agree that if you missed out on participating in them, unfortunately it’s just the way life works.

That said, however, for events that do not have some lasting impact on the world as a whole, where is the harm in them returning? I do not see any way the LW is affected if the Master Carver title was brought back this Halloween for folks to complete if they couldn’t last year, whatever the reason may be. Same for the title of Emissary of the Mad King (which, mind you, was only for completing 5 of the Halloween achievement categories) — why couldn’t that title be offered for completing Mad King related Halloween achievement categories this year? Those were the only two titles offered, and I honestly couldn’t say that I’ve seen dozens upon dozens of people displaying either title.

As for the Mad Memories back skin, as I suggested in a different thread, while it may not make sense to bring back the SAME scavenger hunt, couldn’t this Halloween have introduced one directly related to the Bloody Prince that either offered the exact same skin, or a re-colored one to provide the distinction between the two? Titles and skins — they’re just the fluff, the eye-candy … and as far as APs are concerned, for those that are saying that there’s no reason folks who weren’t playing last year should have the option to earn those APs … if you’ve been playing since last year, unless you go on sabbatical for the next couple two, three months, you should always have more APs than someone who just started playing this month .. they’ll never catch up, and if it’s a matter of prestige, then you can display your “Achiever” title … it’s Halloween … I say share the treats …

(Oh, and to clarify, I have both titles from last year as well as Mad Memories, so this isn’t a question of someone saying that everyone should be able to obtain them because I don’t have them.)

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK