100 gold to play a mini game

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Galk the Bloody.4629

Galk the Bloody.4629

Want to play the drinking mini game with your friends forever?

100 gold. Pay up. Oh an have fun.

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Yup. I would buy it straight away (because I like the game and competinion with random people met in LA) but the cost of 100G is just insane. You would need to play over 2000 times to just make it worth the 1-time kits.

I will buy it if Arena lowers the price to 10G or puts it in the Gem Store for reasonable price.

(edited by Venirto.4208)

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

100G is too steep for me.

(I don’t even own 100G right now.)

Posted by: Thendra.9572

Thendra.9572

yeah its too expensive add this to gem store or sell it for 10-20g

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

100 gold? It was 15 silver…
Assuming you’re talking about Belcher’s Bluff

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Infinite is 100g… completely ridiculous gold sink. Should be 10g max.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Its completely reasonable. If 100g is too much for you, dont get the infinite kit.

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

Its completely reasonable. If 100g is too much for you, dont get the infinite kit.

How are you judging that it’s reasonable? It’s inordinate to everything else currently in the game.

Keg Brawl is free, costume brawl is free. Why is this suddenly akin to a permanent black lion vendor?

spoj.9672

Because its infinite uses. There is no rush to get it, its a permanent addition. And the game needs far more large gold sinks to fix the economy…. If people didnt spam farm cof so much things like this wouldnt need to be so expensive.

10g for an infinite use item is ridiculously cheap lol.

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

So instead of fixing cof Anet makes items unnecessarily expensive. Brilliant.

Risingashes brings up the most important point, in that all other pvp activities in this game are free (outside of siege and repairs in wvw). It’s dumb to lock actual content behind a massive paywall. Are we going to have to pay to enter dungeons next?

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

spoj.9672

Honestly the QQing on these forums is really tiring. You can buy the cheap kits for next to nothing and still enjoy the mini game or you can play it against the npcs for free….

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Here we go again with people using words they don’t know the meaning to.

Definition of REASONABLE
a : being in accordance with reason <a reasonable theory>
b : not extreme or excessive <reasonable requests>
c : moderate, fair <a reasonable chance> <a reasonable price>
d : inexpensive
a : having the faculty of reason
b : possessing sound judgment <a reasonable man>
— rea·son·abil·i·ty noun
— rea·son·able·ness noun
— rea·son·ably adverb

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reasonable

1 a, 2a, and b are not applicable to the discussion. Leaving only 1b, c, or d that can be applied. In this case, it is not “reasonable” at all. I’m judging this by simply comparing it to other items.

I personally don’t care about the whole minigame. If I want a contest of skill there are other places for that provided, which are free.

10g for an infinite use item is ridiculously cheap lol.

Please, don’t make me break out the dictionary even more.

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

spoj.9672

Definition of REASONABLE
— rea·son·abil·i·ty noun
— rea·son·able·ness noun
— rea·son·ably adverb

1 a, 2a, and b are not applicable to the discussion. Leaving only 1b, c, or d that can be applied. In this case, it is not “reasonable” at all. I’m judging this by simply comparing it to other items.

I personally don’t care about the whole minigame. If I want a contest of skill there are other places for that provided, which are free.

Other infinite use items cost far more (mostly because they drop from BLC, but still). If it was 10g everyone would buy them and there would be no point in the smaller kits, 10g is too little. You guys just want everything for nothing.

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

So instead of fixing cof Anet makes items unnecessarily expensive. Brilliant.

Risingashes brings up the most important point, in that all other pvp activities in this game are free (outside of siege and repairs in wvw). It’s dumb to lock actual content behind a massive paywall. Are we going to have to pay to enter dungeons next?

“Fixing” CoF would send players somewhere else, it wouldn’t solve anything tho.

Either way it isn’t locked behind a massive “paywall” as you put it, you don’t have to buy the most expensive version to be able to play.

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Definition of REASONABLE
— rea·son·abil·i·ty noun
— rea·son·able·ness noun
— rea·son·ably adverb

Other infinite use items cost far more (mostly because they drop from BLC, but still). If it was 10g everyone would buy them and there would be no point in the smaller kits, 10g is too little. You guys just want everything for nothing.

If you look at the definition you simply used the wrong word. Own up to it, and say “hey, I used the wrong word. Thank you for educating me.” There is nothing wrong with being ignorant.

Posted by: Mathog.3157

Mathog.3157

I don’t remember Anet changing the cost of anything that NPCs sell. They won’t this time. Buy it or not. The end.

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

For the low, low price of 100g, I think I’ll avoid this mini-game. Too rich for my blood.

And I think I am only one of many, many people who will feel this way and let an otherwise perfectly good mini-game never again get used.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

SynfulChaot.3169

I don’t remember Anet changing the cost of anything that NPCs sell. They won’t this time. Buy it or not. The end.

Ok. I won’t. Nor will tons of others. And a perfectly good mini-game will be ignored more than all the others.

spoj.9672

Ok. I won’t. Nor will tons of others. And a perfectly good mini-game will be ignored more than all the others.

You can still do the mini game. You just need to buy 1 of the kits to do the pvp achievements.

SynfulChaot.3169

You can still do the mini game. You just need to buy 1 of the kits to do the pvp achievements.

Yeah … maybe just enough for the achievements if I get bored. Then never again. Gating people out of content for money will only make people do the minimal if at all. 100g is just to kittening much for a mini-game.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Could someone explain briefly how does this work? I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet.

This 100g stuff let’s me challange others without them having this thing?

Edit: How was ‘reasonable’ up there not appropriate btw? As the meaning of ‘fair’? Can’t he think it’s fair?

(edited by Bubi.7942)

GSSBlunaspike.4153

That’s not really new. Outside of LA most of the game is dead already. I’m not saying anything bad about the game, just pointing out that most of it is a ghost town without them charging anything.

Wow you are quite special arent you.

By “special” you must mean educated. Yes, but that doesn’t make me “special”, there are many educated people out there. Most share a quality you seem to lack though. When we recognize we made a mistake, we actively try to correct it. We seek out knowledge. You get angry, and offended, when someone points out a mistake you made. An example is my English, it’s atrocious. When someone points out a mistake that I’ve made I don’t get angry though, instead I look at it and try to figure out how I can get better. I’ve given you links to definitions, though I very much doubt you’ve bothered to read them, but you continue to cling to ignorance.

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

It’s okay… problem is that they might not sell this again after the event(and then you still can play the game but only if you bought the 100g stuff or enough other 1, 5 time uses items).

And another problem: This game is boring… why not the fun minigames we had in the past? All of them were temporary… and this boring stuff(I did not even like it in personal story) they are bringing… what are they thinking lol?

SynfulChaot.3169

That’s not really new. Outside of LA most of the game is dead already. I’m not saying anything bad about the game, just pointing out that most of it is a ghost town without them charging anything.

Must be your server. Tarnished Coast is anything but a ghost town in PvE.

spoj.9672

By “special” you must mean educated. Yes, but that doesn’t make me “special”, there are many educated people out there. Most share a quality you seem to lack though. When we recognize we made a mistake, we actively try to correct it. We seek out knowledge. You get angry, and offended, when someone points out a mistake you made. An example is my English, it’s atrocious. When someone points out a mistake that I’ve made I don’t get angry though, instead I look at it and try to figure out how I can get better. I’ve given you links to definitions, though I very much doubt you’ve bothered to read them, but you continue to cling to ignorance.

Oh dear….

Anyway reasonable was a perfectly valid word to use. I feel the price is fair due to the ingame economy and the price of other infinite items (definition 1c). It seems you need to take a page out of your own book and educate yourself.

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

I agree that it is expensive for what it is. Other infinite items are also expensive, but they are not game-play content so it’s no problem (they just change the way you look).

Side note: I feel bad for you GSS, I know how it feels when you prove someone wrong on these forums and they blow up,lol.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Oh dear….

Anyway reasonable was a perfectly valid word to use. I feel the price is fair due to the ingame economy and the price of other infinite items (definition 1c). It seems you need to take a page out of your own book and educate yourself.

Since you’ve singled out 1c, let’s have a look at it.

Definition of MODERATE
a : avoiding extremes of behavior or expression : observing reasonable limits <a moderate drinker>
b : calm, temperate
a : tending toward the mean or average amount or dimension
b : having average or less than average quality : mediocre
: professing or characterized by political or social beliefs that are not extreme
: limited in scope or effect
: not expensive : reasonable or low in price
of a color : of medium lightness and medium chroma

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/moderate
Care to pick another one? I know it’s a bit aggravating, but that is your fault.

Must be your server. Tarnished Coast is anything but a ghost town in PvE.

http://us.gw2stuff.com/en/events/tarnished-coast

You mean this one? Yeah, it doesn’t look much better to be honest. I’m not saying anything bad about your server, just pointing out that again so many areas are just empty.

SynfulChaot.3169

Spoj. You’re the only person who I’ve heard think 100g is ‘fair’. I think it is far too high to make people really care to keep playing the game. I wouldn’t call it reasonable or fair. I’d call 100g exorbitant for what it provides.

High price for permanent vendor access anywhere? Yeah. Makes sense. That can really trivialize inventory management. High price for permanent hair style kit? Yeah. Makes sense. That lowers how much ArenaNet can make in monies from us from the gem store. High price just for access to a mini-game (which already are hardly played)? Yeah. No. Sorry. Doesn’t make sense.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Considering some of the people with the 100g Commander tag have said they bought it just to show it off, and people spend more than that for some minis or legendary weapons I think it’s safe to assume it’s not a totally unreasonable price.

It’s far more than I’d be willing to pay (especially since if I ever get 100g it will be going on the aforementioned minis) but I’ve seen some people in game saying they’ve got it already.

But the important thing is if you don’t want to pay 100g you don’t have to. As many people have said already you can play against NPCs for free, or buy the cheaper kits to play against other people.

The mini game is a permanent addition to the game so you’ve got plenty of time to try it out and wait and see if you like it enough to justify the price of an infinite kit (and to save up the money if you do want one).

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Why are you linking a different word now? Are you mentally challenged? Definition 1c was for the word reasonable… I provided a reason for why i thought the price was fair. That is my opinion, there is nothing wrong with that.

You are just making yourself look like a pompous fool. Why do you think you are better than everyone else? just because you are “well educated”? I am well educated but I dont have the need to go around imposing my superior knowledge on people and insulting them for a difference in opinion. Get a grip.

Getting angry really won’t help. I wrote a response, then a quote came to mind.

Mark Twain
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

and

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

So I’ve decided to just leave it. If you choose not to understand the language you use, that is your choice. Just like buying this item is. It’s Anet’s choice to figure out if they want to charge 100g, 1000g, or 10c for this item. If it’s too much, people will simply not buy it and nothing of value will have been lost. If it’s too cheap then many people will buy it and it loses it’s prestige I suppose. GW2 has much greater problems than either of those right now.

As far as your opinion, I don’t really care about it one way or another. My problem was in with the language you chose to use. It wasn’t applicable, but I’m a fool so instead of leaving it I tried to educate you. If it’s your opinion that 100g is “fair”, that is fine. Everyone has an opinion, but when you type something out at least be careful about how you word that opinion.

spoj.9672

Spoj. You’re the only person who I’ve heard think 100g is ‘fair’. I think it is far too high to make people really care to keep playing the game. I wouldn’t call it reasonable or fair. I’d call 100g exorbitant for what it provides.

High price for permanent vendor access anywhere? Yeah. Makes sense. That can really trivialize inventory management. High price for permanent hair style kit? Yeah. Makes sense. That lowers how much ArenaNet can make in monies from us from the gem store. High price just for access to a mini-game (which already are hardly played)? Yeah. No. Sorry. Doesn’t make sense.

Yeah but its still my opinion, dont see what that guys problem is. Im entitled to have a different opinion to most of you. But its not 100g for access its 100g for the convenience of a permanent kit so you dont have to go back and buy more kits after you have used them up. Convenience items like the molten pick, consortium sickle and chop-it-all axe are far more expensive than they are worth. But people buy them for the convenience (I did).

SynfulChaot.3169

Yeah but its still my opinion, dont see what that guys problem is. Im entitled to have a different opinion to most of you. But its not 100g for access its 100g for the convenience of a permanent kit so you dont have to go back and buy more kits after you have used them up. Convenience items like the molten pick, consortium sickle and chop-it-all axe are far more expensive than they are worth. But people buy them for the convenience (I did).

Still too high for what it provides. And with a cost just to play the game at all? Just kinda short-sighted. Here’s why:

Look at Keg Brawl. Look how many people actually play it. Not many. Now imagine how many people would continue to play it if they needed to pay each time. That number that play it would go way down.

Basically if they want the game to be used by many they will need to lower the cost of entry or risk it becoming the hobby only of people who have more money than sense. (Or who really like Belcher’s Bluff)

Lue.6538

the high price for access is a modified truth by far, you can spend a silver and access the same content.

100g is perfectly fair.

GSSBlunaspike.4153

spoj
Lol. You do realise you slandered me in your very first post? Im far from angry, im just opinionated and like to get my point across. I enjoy a good arguement. Thanks for bringing me down to your level, was fun.

Please point out that line. If so I apologize, but I don’t think I will hold my breath waiting on justification for the the lie.

100g is perfectly fair.

I would point out why this makes no sense at all, but what is the point? Anyone that would use this phrase doesn’t care about why it makes no sense to begin with.

SynfulChaot.3169

the high price for access is a modified truth by far, you can spend a silver and access the same content.

100g is perfectly fair.

Look at my previous post here to see why I think a cost to play at all is shortsighted. And regardless, 100g is just too high.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

All current “permanent” items in the game:

http://www.gw2spidy.com/search/permanent?recipes=0

we have… 294g… 230g…205g…620g…

100g for a permanent unlimited use item is actually very cheap in comparison to the others.

Things to remember:
1. You ONLY need the kits for facing other players. You can play the NPC’s for free at any time.
2. You can purchase much cheaper kits if you can’t afford the unlimited one. It is a luxury item, you can buy more then you will ever be able to reasonably use for a much cheaper price.

spoj.9672

spoj
Lol. You do realise you slandered me in your very first post? Im far from angry, im just opinionated and like to get my point across. I enjoy a good arguement. Thanks for bringing me down to your level, was fun.

Please point out that line. If so I apologize, but I don’t think I will hold my breath waiting on justification for the the lie.

Calling people uneducated and being generally rude about it, is insulting. You dont know anything about me. I still dont understand why you had a go. Reasonable was a perfectly valid word for what I was saying.

(edited by spoj.9672)

spoj.9672

All current “permanent” items in the game:

http://www.gw2spidy.com/search/permanent?recipes=0

we have… 294g… 230g…205g…620g…

100g for a permanent unlimited use item is actually very cheap in comparison to the others.

Things to remember:
1. You ONLY need the kits for facing other players. You can play the NPC’s for free at any time.
2. You can purchase much cheaper kits if you can’t afford the unlimited one. It is a luxury item, you can buy more then you will ever be able to reasonably use for a much cheaper price.

Exactly why i said it was a fair price.

Lue.6538

100g is perfectly fair.

Look at my previous post here to see why I think a cost to play at all is shortsighted. And regardless, 100g is just too high.

Yes I’m aware that you think that and thats fine, but if you look at the cost between the 1 time use and the permanent you can easily see that to actually play the game, you’re far better off using the 1-use items and the permanent should be deemed more of a “collectible” than anything else and I’d say 100g for a novelty item that you can have for bragging rights is perfectly fine.

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

Getting angry really won’t help. I wrote a response, then a quote came to mind.

Mark Twain
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

and

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

So I’ve decided to just leave it. If you choose not to understand the language you use, that is your choice. Just like buying this item is. It’s Anet’s choice to figure out if they want to charge 100g, 1000g, or 10c for this item. If it’s too much, people will simply not buy it and nothing of value will have been lost. If it’s too cheap then many people will buy it and it loses it’s prestige I suppose. GW2 has much greater problems than either of those right now.

As far as your opinion, I don’t really care about it one way or another. My problem was in with the language you chose to use. It wasn’t applicable, but I’m a fool so instead of leaving it I tried to educate you. If it’s your opinion that 100g is “fair”, that is fine. Everyone has an opinion, but when you type something out at least be careful about how you word that opinion.

I for one think you are trolling this guy and trying to get a response out of him. I think his choice of words above was appropriate for stating his opinion. I feel you are one of those people that has to try to seem smarter then everyone to feel good about yourself, which is why you tried to “educate” someone. Please take it somewhere else.

As to the matter this thread is about, I have to partially agree with the cost. Since they have provided another kit at a cheaper price which can be used I think having the infinite kit be expensive is a good idea. I don’t know if 100g is too much or right in line with the state of the economy, but should at least be 50g. I guess we will see how it plays out and how many get sold.

Hjorje

GSSBlunaspike.4153

spoj

Calling people uneducated and being generally rude about it, is insulting. You dont know anything about me.

I don’t see anything rude at all, and you need to educate yourself on the definition of uneducated. I’m still waiting on the quote where I slandered you though.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/educated

SynfulChaot.3169

-sigh-

Why is it that just because is uses the word ‘Permanent’, you all try to categorize it with such game-trivializing things such as Permanent Bank Access, Permanent Merchant, etc. They’re not even on the same level! This is more on line with the Unbreakable Choir Bell for usefulness, which goes for about 50g. Now that is a price that I would call reasonable.

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

But the important thing is if you don’t want to pay 100g you don’t have to. As many people have said already you can play against NPCs for free, or buy the cheaper kits to play against other people.

No one is saying that you have to play the minigame, that’s a strawman argument.

What we’re saying is that 100g is too expensive compared to the benefit. At this price people will do the achievements and then never use the game ever again.

Keg Brawl has a hard enough time getting players and that is a free activity.

People are comparing this to other unlimited use items, but they’re not equivelent. The other unlimited use items are giving a specific benifit to the player, they’re valuable due to convieniance.

This item isn’t convenience, it’s the only way to experience this activity. It’s akin to making the trading post vendor ONLY available via the unlimited item (or the limited use item).

If there were player vs player stalls set up in LA this wouldn’t be an issue- but there aren’t, and with this 100g item existing there isn’t likely to be.

spoj.9672

-sigh-

Why is it that just because is uses the word ‘Permanent’, you all try to categorize it with such game-trivializing things such as Permanent Bank Access, Permanent Merchant, etc. They’re not even on the same level! This is more on line with the Unbreakable Choir Bell for usefulness, which goes for about 50g. Now that is a price that I would call reasonable.

Choir bell has been more expensive before. Like we have said, its for convenience so the 100g is fine if you want it as a collectible. If you are getting infinite uses out of it, you potentially save if you play enough. So any price is acceptible.

Be careful with the use of the word reasonable though. You might attract a certain trolls attention.

SynfulChaot.3169

-sigh-

Choir bell has been more expensive before. Like we have said, its for convenience so the 100g is fine if you want it as a collectible. If you are getting infinite uses out of it, you potentially save if you play enough. So any price is acceptible.

Be careful with the use of the word reasonable though. You might attract a certain trolls attention.

You’re right. I grabbed your attention.

Posted by: Gbok.1039

Gbok.1039

spoj

Calling people uneducated and being generally rude about it, is insulting. You dont know anything about me.

I don’t see anything rude at all, and you need to educate yourself on the definition of uneducated. I’m still waiting on the quote where I slandered you though.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/educated

The thread is about the price of the mini game kit. It is not about GSSBlunaspike.4153 ability to correct people in how they use words in threads on Guild Wars 2 forums. If you feel the need to continue please take it to PMs as you are doing nothing to help the discussion about the price of the mini game.

The price is probably a bit high compared to the price on the other two kits.
I would be more willing to look at it for a purchase if it were around 50g or under. Probably not more.

I would also like to point out that you do not have to pay 100g to play the mini game so the title of the OP is a little much. It is 5 silver to play the game.

Fort AspenwoodSoul Exodus[Soul] Finxx – 80 Ranger

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I for one think you are trolling this guy and trying to get a response out of him.

Then you should take the same advice I gave to him. You could always point out how I was wrong though. I don’t mind.

As for the topic, it’s a silly argument. It doesn’t matter how much it costs, because it’s a novelty item. It seems expensive to me, but even if it were only 10 silver I would consider it expensive because it has no value to me. (Coming from a person that purchased the dance book =P)

The thread is about the price of the mini game kit. It is not about GSSBlunaspike.4153 ability to correct people in how they use words in threads on Guild Wars 2 forums.

If people are incapable of using words correctly, then what is a message board even for? We might as well just type random words and hope our intention is conveyed. I do agree with you though, and I’m going to drop it.

It’s kind of a moot point though. The entire argument is bad. It doesn’t matter what people think, Anet will not change the price now. Even if they wanted to, they could not. The people that have already purchased it would all need refunds, etc.. So people might as well get over it, and start ignoring it like they would have in a few days anyway.

SynfulChaot.3169

I would also like to point out that you do not have to pay 100g to play the mini game so the title of the OP is a little much. It is 5 silver to play the game.

True. I can play for the low price of 5s. Only 5s to play a single small mini-game once that does not benefit me in any way. Now why would I do that? All the other mini-games are free. If I want to play a mini-game, I’m not going to pay for the privilege if I’m not going to gain any benefit from it.

Gbok.1039

No one is saying that you have to play the minigame, that’s a strawman argument.

What we’re saying is that 100g is too expensive compared to the benefit. At this price people will do the achievements and then never use the game ever again.

Keg Brawl has a hard enough time getting players and that is a free activity.

People are comparing this to other unlimited use items, but they’re not equivelent. The other unlimited use items are giving a specific benifit to the player, they’re valuable due to convieniance.

This item isn’t convenience, it’s the only way to experience this activity. It’s akin to making the trading post vendor ONLY available via the unlimited item (or the limited use item).

If there were player vs player stalls set up in LA this wouldn’t be an issue- but there aren’t, and with this 100g item existing there isn’t likely to be.

I am sorry but you must have missed the other two kits that were being sold on the same vendor for 5 silver and 20 silver. You do not need to spend 100g to play the game.

If the 100g is too much then spend a few gold and get a few kits to hold you over for your time in GW2. 1g = 25 kits. 4 gold will get you 100 kits. That seems pretty good to me so there is an option to play the game at a much more “reasonable” price.

Nothing says you have to spend 100g to play the mini game.

Gbok.1039

True. I can play for the low price of 5s. Only 5s to play a single small mini-game once that does not benefit me in any way. Now why would I do that? All the other mini-games are free. If I want to play a mini-game, I’m not going to pay for the privilege if I’m not going to gain any benefit from it.

If you enjoy the game then 5 silver is not that much. If you do not enjoy the game then why would you buy it to begin with?