About the new Skins and Account Items

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Piscore.6934

Piscore.6934

Q:

One use or multiple/infinite like HoM reward’s ?

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I actually REALLY hope they do the right thing here and not have you SPEND points on cosmetics.

It should be a progression system similar to HoM imo, where the more points you get the more stuff you unlock, and have access to via some merchant or NPC.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

I totally agree, as I am sure most other people do also (anyone who doesn’t, please feel free to disabuse me of this notion).

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Agreed. I would like some clarity on this if its not too much trouble.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Posted by: Blitzburger.1576

Blitzburger.1576

Deleted message, wrong thread

Posted by: Kilyan II.7164

Kilyan II.7164

Agreed. I think it’s a system like the HoM: when you reach a determinate AP level, you unlock those determinate armors/weapons skins without spend your AP.

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

agree, the design of the HoM is fantastic and I would be disappointed if it were anything less…

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: Faerun.3091

Faerun.3091

I’m actually against system like HoM. In HoM all the cool items required a lot of points, meaning if I see some cool item and it says “you need 8k points to get this”, I’ll be extremly dissapointed. I have nothing against using achivement points like currency, since that way I can get what I want, not what they give me, if you get my point

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I’m actually against system like HoM. In HoM all the cool items required a lot of points, meaning if I see some cool item and it says “you need 8k points to get this”, I’ll be extremly dissapointed. I have nothing against using achivement points like currency, since that way I can get what I want, not what they give me, if you get my point

totally not!!

you only got items until rank 30, which was easy to achieve for any player who played the game for a while. From rank 30 to max. rank 50 you “only” got titles. So the hardcore players could show off too.

For the first 6 points you got a very cool looking heritage armorset
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments_Reward_Calculator

the set:
http://images.wikia.com/gw2/ja/images/a/aa/Heritage_Armor.jpg

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

i really hope so!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

One use or multiple/infinite like HoM reward’s ?

please, please make it like multiple / infinite times like HoM (hall of monuments) rewards !!!

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

using achievement points as currency is terrible.

unlocks system is much better.

Marcus Greythorne.6843

it woudl make no sense if they go with a currency since there are leaderboards for those points. I’m pretty sure we will unlock the items once a current amount is reached.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Should be definitely done the HoM way.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

yesss unlocks system hom way !!!!

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

“From now on, you’ll be able to unlock rewards like exclusive new armor skins, weapon skins, and permanent account bonuses as you earn achievement points on your account. You’ll also earn laurels, gems, gold, powerful items, and PvP and WvW rewards as your achievement score grows.”

That reads “unlock system” to me.

Posted by: MrIllusion.5304

MrIllusion.5304

using achievement points as currency is terrible.

unlocks system is much better.

It’s possible to do both.

If you have a pool of unlockables to choose from, just make it so you can choose one at 1000 points, choose another at 1200 points, yet another at 1400 etc.

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

“From now on, you’ll be able to unlock rewards like exclusive new armor skins, weapon skins, and permanent account bonuses as you earn achievement points on your account. You’ll also earn laurels, gems, gold, powerful items, and PvP and WvW rewards as your achievement score grows.”

That sounds aweful.

As a wvw player we dont get as many achievement points. And the achievements are quite insane after a few tiers.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

That sounds aweful.

As a wvw player we dont get as many achievement points. And the achievements are quite insane after a few tiers.

You still get points for dailies and monthlies though.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I could be wrong but the language they use on the webpage implies that it will be a system similar to the HoM.

“From now on, you’ll be able to unlock rewards like exclusive new armor skins, weapon skins, and permanent account bonuses as you earn achievement points on your account.”

“These rewards will be retroactively awarded for any tiers of account achievement rewards you’ve already earned on your account.”

Posted by: Antisceptic.9174

Antisceptic.9174

I think Your AP will correlate with your spendable points, but when you purchase something, your AP will still be the same, you just won’t have as much spendable points.

fellyn.5083

I think Your AP will correlate with your spendable points, but when you purchase something, your AP will still be the same, you just won’t have as much spendable points.

That would be very disappointing. There is no reason why they can’t make it like the HoM is now, where we can access the rewards as much as we want.

Though I do hope they remove the AP from people who salvaged or transmuted thousands and thousands of items to get massive points.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Though I do hope they remove the AP from people who salvaged or transmuted thousands and thousands of items to get massive points.

They already did when they set the cap for those achievements.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

fellyn.5083

I thought that was the case but doing the salvage monthly last month I got the salvage achievement twice so I thought it might still be like it used to be with unlimited levels.

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Spending it wouldn’t be as great as a HOM like unlocking progress…
That was professional.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

Aye.
Really hoping this is the case, I’m indecisive enough trying to figure out which toons to give my one-time use skins to! xD; Thought I wanted a Jade Ticket, but that thing still keeps me up at night out of indecisiveness! Lol

Hoopa doopa.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I thought that was the case but doing the salvage monthly last month I got the salvage achievement twice so I thought it might still be like it used to be with unlimited levels.

You are still getting salvage achievements (and the xp for it). They just don’t add up to your achievements total after you have reached the cap.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

More than likely, the armor will be one-time use, or maybe related to RNG drops through the BLC, but the account items will most likely be like HoM stuff.

They did say they would be permanent after all.

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

More than likely, the armor will be one-time use, or maybe related to RNG drops through the BLC, but the account items will most likely be like HoM stuff.

They did say they would be permanent after all.

Now why would you come here and use that “R” acronym that was not necessary. I too hope that it is exactly like the HoM system. Anet if its not broke don’t fix it.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Posted by: Fang.2137

Fang.2137

If they add “spend points system” people will hoard points “for better times” but if they add “progress system” like this: first item unlock at 500 points, second 1500 points and so on that for five years we need thousands of points (gl for new player after that).

In my opinion reward system should look similarly like in “living story”:
Item name – Achievements requirements (but no amount of achievements, such as in “living story” but specify one).

For example:
Back item looks like Tyria map – Krytan Explorer, Orr Explorer, Maguuma Explorer, Shiverpeak Explorer, Ascalon Explorer

Back item “Dragon Slaying For Dummies” – Crash Landing, Shattered, That Had to Burn

Fractal Armor Skin – Fractal Frequenter (500 Fractals Completed)

Then you choose what you like and what you need to do to get this, no farm points.

Zietlogik.6208

Or people could read the page they have for the achievements…

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/new-account-achievement-rewards-incoming/

As you complete achievements and increase your achievement score, you’ll unlock new, exclusive rewards for your account.

-

Exclusive armor and weapon skin unlocks – including Radiant armor, Hellfire armor, and the Zenith weapon set.
Permanent account bonuses—permanent boosts to Magic Find, experience from kills, karma gain, and more. Earn achievement points on any character and get rewards for all of your characters.
Currencies – gold, gems, karma, and laurels.
PvP Rewards—skins and glory boosters.
WvW Rewards—use Badges of Honor and siege blueprints to help push your server to victory.
Utility Items—Instant Repair Canisters, Revive Orbs, powerful boosters, and more.
Unique Titles—show off your dedication to your fellow players.

-

Summary page—This page gives you quick access to all of the achievement skins you’ve unlocked, achievements you’ve recently completed, and your account bonuses.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

That sounds aweful.

To be fair if you only play WvW you are a) not experiencing the full game
and b) doing the same thing over and over (which they don’t want you to do).

Posted by: sanelson.4028

sanelson.4028

It would be great if it were like the HoM, however something tells me that it won’t. Why? because their post about the AP states you can “trade” them for currency, gold, gems or laurels.

Aldir Valentine
Mesmer lvl 80
Seaferer’s Rest

Terrahero.9358

That sounds aweful.

That doesnt cut it.

Anet will balance the rewards you get from these chest to a certain “income” of achievement points.
As a WvW player i’d be far below that balance point, so i will end up getting far less reward chests that contains stuff like gold, unique skins, laurels, gems, and various other cool or valueable items.

Zietlogik.6208

That sounds aweful.

That doesnt cut it.

Anet will balance the rewards you get from these chest to a certain “income” of achievement points.
As a WvW player i’d be far below that balance point, so i will end up getting far less reward chests that contains stuff like gold, unique skins, laurels, gems, and various other cool or valueable items.

They would also be balancing it around the entire game….which makes more sense. They shouldn’t cater to you simply because you only play WvW

(edited by Zietlogik.6208)

Terrahero.9358

That sounds aweful.

That doesnt cut it.

They would also be balancing it around the entire game….which makes more sense. They shouldn’t cater to you simply because you only play WvW

They cater to players who only play PvE. And they even cater more to sPvP players then WvW players.

If they are going to introduce a general reward system like this that covers all aspects of the game, why is it unreasonable to expect that time spend in either of these aspects rewards me roughly the same of this reward?

Uther Deathhand.1570

As a WvW player i think we should get used to being the unfavored child in this game.
I mean think about it pve is way faster to get gold, easier to get ascended gear, and now its better to play pve to get AP. Personally i have started playing more pve for these reasons and also because i really don’t like the current matchups very much.

Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Posted by: Token.5098

Token.5098

If they choose the HoM way of doing things they could easily put a merchant in our Personal Home Instance, looks like with the Quartz node they want to integrate the Personal Home Instance more anyway.

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

The PvPers and WvWers do have a point in that they gain very little achievement points than PvE-only players do. It’s all right to pull us into other game aspects, but only if it happens equally. If PvP and WvW players are strongly pulled into PvE and we are hardly pulled into PvP and WvW for the same rewards then there is a notable imbalance.

And you’re not quite entirely right, Uther. WvW players get ascended gear faster than PvE only players. They cost you 10 less laurels than it costs us. And a guildie of mine does PvP dailies for the laurels as they are faster for him to complete than the PvE ones.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Uther Deathhand.1570

Ah yes synfulchaot you are right what i meant to say was that pve was able to get them way before wvwers like update wise. You are correct that wvwers can now get them cheaper if using laurels and badges.

SynfulChaot.3169

Ah yes synfulchaot you are right what i meant to say was that pve was able to get them way before wvwers like update wise. You are correct that wvwers can now get them cheaper if using laurels and badges.

That change is actually pushing me into WvW as I have 9 charas to outfit with ascended gear and WvW will shave off weeks of play to get them.

Uther Deathhand.1570

Yeah me too. way easier/faster to get 250 badges than to get 10 laurels.

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

welcome to progression. what would you do if the game gave you everything for free the minute you logged on?

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.

fellyn.5083

It would be great if it were like the HoM, however something tells me that it won’t. Why? because their post about the AP states you can “trade” them for currency, gold, gems or laurels.

I think those rewards will be 1 time.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I think it will be unlock like hom but the skins will come with a price tag whether its gold/laurels/or another currency.

How special is a reward when every lvl 2 has it by default?

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I think it will be unlock like hom but the skins will come with a price tag whether its gold/laurels/or another currency.

The reward isn’t by character, it’s by account. So if you make a new character you’re able to outfit him with whatever cool stuff you’ve unlocked (same like in HOM). And besides, if they cost a currency (which I don’t think they should and hope they don’t) a lvl 2 still has access to it (give your alt some money, jugs of karma, or just use your laurel).

Justine.6351

The reward isn’t by character, it’s by account. So if you make a new character you’re able to outfit him with whatever cool stuff you’ve unlocked (same like in HOM). And besides, if they cost a currency (which I don’t think they should and hope they don’t) a lvl 2 still has access to it (give your alt some money, jugs of karma, or just use your laurel).

Um that’s exactly why I said its possible they do a currency to prevent all the stuff becoming irrelevant just like the hom rewards. Its not that you can’t put it on your lvl 2 alts, its just that you would have to weigh the costs of doing so wrather then getting out of starter story and instantly decking you toon out with fancy skins.

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Um that’s exactly why I said its possible they do a currency to prevent all the stuff becoming irrelevant just like the hom rewards. Its not that you can’t put it on your lvl 2 alts, its just that you would have to weigh the costs of doing so wrather then getting out of starter story and instantly decking you toon out with fancy skins.

But my point was, why should they do a currency? Since the rewards are account based, why shouldn’t any new character get the rewards? If you earned them you should be able to put them on any character (however old) and make them fancy.

Justine.6351

But my point was, why should they do a currency? Since the rewards are account based, why shouldn’t any new character get the rewards? If you earned them you should be able to put them on any character (however old) and make them fancy.

And my point was so that they don’t become starter gear and thus lose all prestige. I’m not suggesting they cost 100 laurels or 100g a piece or anything. Just something so that you can still get noticed for wearing them and not just another clone.

SynfulChaot.3169

Does it matter how special you think it is? If everyone wants to run it, they will. If they don’t, they don’t. Using, or not using, gear based on how many other people run it is pretty elitist.

And my point was so that they don’t become starter gear and thus lose all prestige. I’m not suggesting they cost 100 laurels or 100g a piece or anything. Just something so that you can still get noticed for wearing them and not just another clone.

Why shouldn’t they be ‘starter gear’. If they’re skins, they’re skins and should have no level associated with them. One benefit of the ‘free’ nature of the HoM is you can freely transmute it onto your gear as you level instead of constantly being in ugly looking drops until you get to a level where it is worth buying your gear. If that were implemented for the achievements, then I’d have more options when I’m levelling alts. Adding a cost would just be an additional unnecessary money sink. I mean, it’s not like we don’t have enough of those, right? Right?

And if you’re worried of prestige, your worried of the wrong thing. Those that worry of prestige are those that want to act superior over others. And that’s just plain not nice. Be nice. Let others have their toys as well and don’t be mad at them for it. This is GW2, not WoW. We’re better than that.