Achivement Points.

Achivement Points.

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Heapheaus.5238

Heapheaus.5238

Edit: If you’re not willing to read what I and other people have said, don’t reply. The continuous stream of people who don’t follow what has been said is infuriating.
After reading about this update(which, I am very excited about) I came to the part about the achievement points, and was a little dismayed. I suggest you (Arena Net) roll back achievement points based off dailys. (At the moment I’m currently over 9000 Ap, and as proof, look up my name. This is not a low scored player complaining) I suggest this because many achievements won’t be done if you give people such an easy alternative. To make up for the loss of points from dailys you could implement more easy achievements, such as
“Get 100% world completion on X class-15points.”
or
“Get level 80 on x class-10 points.”
Easy to Hard achievements like this could mitigate the loss of points from people loosing 2-4 thousand points. Not only would they help the loss, but they would also really show who’s a more dedicated player, and bring meaning to the achievement points leaderboard. (Other then who has done the most dailys) :P

Comments and questions are welcome. Flaming isn’t. Keep it classy tyrians.
~Heapeaus / Doom Bunny / Robot Turtle / Krolen / others

(edited by Heapheaus.5238)

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

As a player around the top 500 NA in achievement points, I absolutely agree that dailies/monthlies shouldn’t count for achievement score. Dailies and monthlies pollute the achievement score with points that really don’t say anything about one’s achievements, but speak more to the volume of hours spent in-game.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

I have a better solution. Put a cap on total achievement points (similar to what they did with salvaging and dungeon achievements) which can be gained from dailies. Let it be a year, two, three, even five years worth of dailies. This will still provide incentive for the completionists while also setting a goal to aim for rather than a deep hole without bottom and the “miss it today and its gone forever” mentality.

Achivement Points.

Heapheaus.5238

Rising-I used to be top 40, im dropping like a stone and laugh at people trying to climb.
Awe- I’d agree to a year of dailys, maybe two. But it needs to be 1 point per daily completed, not 1 point per section of daily.

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Playing a game everyday is an achievement. For those who can spare the time each day to collect them I say give it to them that’s the reason they are giving you achievement points in the first place for them.

anet wants people to log in everyday having them not count is counter productive.

This game is not a spitting contest let people have their guaranteed rewards. To much in this game already is not guaranteed and luck based.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Playing a game everyday is an achievement. For those who can spare the time each day to collect them I say give it to them that’s the reason they are giving you achievement points in the first place for them.

anet wants people to log in everyday having them not count is counter productive.

This game is not a spitting contest let people have their guaranteed rewards. To much in this game already is not guaranteed and luck based.

I agree.
Not everyone has a bazillion achievement points alright? The current dailies are fine.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Achivement Points.

Posted by: SilverThorn.5047

SilverThorn.5047

To be fair, Dailies is a collective of 5 achievements combined and is also a good alternative in busy days.

Main: Silverthorn Ventus – swift as the wind, sharp as a thorn
Alt: Mulciber Ironbarrel – The fire creates as much as it destroys

Achivement Points.

Heapheaus.5238

I gave an alternative, it seems you didn’t read. In the long run, under the current system, the newer players will feel overwhelmed trying to catch or even near the players who have been playing a while. Heck if they do the math they will figure out it’s impossible. Hence capping/removing daily points, and reallocating/rebalancing them to new/current achievements.

Achivement Points.

I gave an alternative, it seems you didn’t read. In the long run, under the current system, the newer players will feel overwhelmed trying to catch or even near the players who have been playing a while. Heck if they do the math they will figure out it’s impossible. Hence capping/removing daily points, and reallocating/rebalancing them to new/current achievements.

That wouldn’t be fair. Of course players who have been playing since the headstart have more AP than players who start today. This game is not about who has the most achievement points, why should newer players be able to keep up with players who have been playing for a long time.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

That wouldn’t be fair. Of course players who have been playing since the headstart have more AP than players who start today. This game is not about who has the most achievement points, why should newer players be able to keep up with players who have been playing for a long time.

Veterans will already have it via living story and holiday achievements, to add dailies on top of that (which are exponentially more points) is salt in the wound.

Achivement Points.

Veterans will already have it via living story and holiday achievements, to add dailies on top of that (which are exponentially more points) is salt in the wound.

No, we worked for those points. If they want to make dailies stop giving achievement points that’s one thing. But we shouldn’t have the points we already earned stricken from us.

I mean, having AP taking from us JUST WHEN they are going to be useful? No.. just no..

~Sincerely, Scissors

Achivement Points.

Heapheaus.5238

Hence why I gave examples to mitigate the damages via more achievements. If they want to keep up a leaderboard about this , then yes, it should be fair.

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Morvani.2937

Morvani.2937

I respectfully disagree. Achievements translate, in a way, to dedication to the game. Logging in to play every day does demonstrate dedication, as much as swinging that axe 5000 times does.

Additionally, having the dailies give achievement points is actually good for newer players, as well as the game itself. Since the change to what kind of dailies are available each reset, it actually encourages more exploration of the game world and the fun things found therein. I’d say that’s worth a few achievement points. Plus those who may not have quite as much time available to, say, kill 1000 ogres can still grab a few achievement points and get closer to those rewards with the little play time they do have.

Someone also mentioned that the achievement points available to vets would taper off at a point. After all, once you do that jumping puzzle, you can’t really get points for it again. Having a ‘renewable resource’ aside from Living Story elements is a good thing, as sometimes even the most dedicated players miss the e-mails, weblinks, and other notifications of limited time content. As an example, I’ve seen an awful lot of players in LA recently asking when the fireworks will start. They missed that it only happened for a weekend.

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

people who do daylies every day already have their rewards: laurels. Tons of it. Anet should bring in even more rewards for laurels but seperate the daylie achievements from the others imho.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

As a player around the top 500 NA in achievement points, I absolutely agree that dailies/monthlies shouldn’t count for achievement score. Dailies and monthlies pollute the achievement score with points that really don’t say anything about one’s achievements, but speak more to the volume of hours spent in-game.

This smells like elitism to me, and elitism is bad.
Everyone should be allowed to get content; the most skilled get it earlier, while the least skilled after longer.
Therefore, every achievement point has to count in.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Everyone should be allowed to get content; the most skilled get it earlier, while the least skilled after longer.

it’s not content. It’s an achievement. I disagree. Good players and players who learn to become good should get achievements which aren’t available to people who have no idea how to play their profession imho.

No one is locked out of content / things to do in the game. It’s just a skin/medal. Do you also think that anyone who competes in a sports-tournament should get the gold medal by just playing long enough? O_o

I smell a player who rarely plays GW2 and/OR refuses to become better by learning/practicing how to play. Portals in Jumping Puzzles?

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Morvani.2937

Morvani.2937

I guess it comes down to how you look at this. When I think of why they might be implementing this, I’m not thinking they’re saying, “Thou art more accomplished and hardcore than all others. Please accept these items of subjective value.” It seems to me they’re saying something more like this, “Hey, thanks for playing with us today! We hope you had fun. Oh, and here’s a little progress toward something potentially really cool, ’cause we appreciate you being here!”

If they wanted a better metric of how ‘hardcore’ a particular player was, I’d think they’d either provide a way for to see exactly how that player got their achievement points, or provide titles for more achievements. Or both.

Achivement Points.

Hermes.7014

it’s not content. It’s an achievement. I disagree. Good players and players who learn to become good should get achievements which aren’t available to people who have no idea how to play their profession imho.

No one is locked out of content / things to do in the game. It’s just a skin/medal. Do you also think that anyone who competes in a sports-tournament should get the gold medal by just playing long enough? O_o

I smell a player who rarely plays GW2 and/OR refuses to become better by learning/practicing how to play. Portals in Jumping Puzzles?

I play my fair share of GW2 almost every day. And why, yes, today I’ve used portals on my Mesmer to help people get the Aetherblade JP done.
After all, why shouldn’t I help my fellow players? Do we really need to compete over everything? Or need an armor skin to boast our skill in a game?
Some players are just overly competitive that they feel like having to display their superiority over all the rest.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Achivement Points.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

This smells like elitism to me, and elitism is bad.
Therefore, every achievement point has to count in.

Agreed.
I have over 1700 hours played (very little a-f-k time in there) from day 1 of live and I only have about 4700 achievement points currently from Open World PvE. Simply because I do not enjoy PvP, WvW or ‘dungeons’ in this game (and that’s where most people with tons of achievement points have gotten them from) I would be included amongst those who these elitists say should not get the achievement points we’ve EARNED from doing dailies simply because we didn’t get them doing the content that THEY got them from. We all earned each and every one of our achievement points, so mind coming down from up there? We’re all players, we all enjoy different aspects of the game and we’ve all been awarded points for doing the content that each of us has completed/taken part in/enjoyed. No content is more worthy of the alloted points than any other content.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m baffled by the notion that new players have to “catch up.” If they play long enough, they’ll have the points too, and the rewards. I don’t believe ANet will be handing out rewards that unbalance play (though I’ll reserve judgement until I see just what they mean by “account bonuses.”)

Someone who started working on a legendary 6 months ago is 6 months closer to getting it than someone who bought the game last week. Should they have to hold off and not get it until everyone else has a chance to “catch up?”

-shrugs- I never mind someone else having nicer things than me. Good on them!

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

I suggest you (Arena Net) roll back achievement points based off dailys.

No.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Achivement Points.

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Disagree.
Don’t fix what isn’t broken.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Erasmus.1624

Erasmus.1624

I suggest you (Arena Net) roll back achievement points based off dailys.

No. Why should we have to suffer for new players?

Achivement Points.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Kid. You seriously need to get some sleep and rethink the entire thing.

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Diy.5296

Diy.5296

If we were talking about “balancing” the leaderboard and making it less about dailies and more about doing harder and a wider variety of achievements, I’d agree about doing something about daily and monthly achievement points, probably setting a cap on the max that count towards your achievement total.

However, in regards to this new reward system, it in no way negatively impacts anyone else how many achievement points you personally have, you aren’t graded against others in unlocking these new skins and rewards. How many achievement points you do have and thus how many additional rewards you unlock is just completely up to the player and much effort they have put in thus far and in the future. So, automatically it seems any complaints and want to reduce others’ achievement points are coming from a place of premature jealousy that others will have stuff that you won’t yet, because you haven’t put in the monotonous and boring work for it.

Achivement Points.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i say keep daily and monthly achievements. i don’t really undersatnd why people are asking this “balance”. and we don’t even know how the system is going to work yet.

nor do i see how the fact that you have a ton of points helps your case.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

the achievement points system is fine.
there is nothing wrong with it.
do not fix what is not broken.

however, there is a lot of wrong with those who are complaining about it though.

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Authority.4386

Authority.4386

Dailies / monthlies should not count for obvious reason.

Achivement Points.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Dailies / monthlies should not count for obvious reason.

dailies and monthly count towards the achievement points.

and will continue to count.

for obvious reasons, there is no reason for them not to count.

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I don’t see the problem:

• There will be items, skins or account bonuses that you can buy with AP
  • A new player wants one of these items, they will do their dailies and monthlies and save up AP
  • A new player wants them faster, then they will complete other achievements ontop of that
  • Old players will have access to more bonuses immediately because they were introduced later in the game, but it is really the same as if these bonuses had been available all along and we would have picked them up one by one

Everybody who wants these bonuses has an incentive to play regularly (dailies) as well as doing additional achievements.

Disclaimer: I don’t care about the leaderboards at all. I have around 4500 AP right now (I think) (which should be pretty much half way between a new player and a dedicated powergamer) – and I’ll spend them on what I want the most and then keep playing and save up for what I want next, just as every other player.

Achivement Points.

Posted by: FuriousPop.2789

FuriousPop.2789

This is where a years worth of dailies/monthly need to be made available in order to give the opportunity for new starters to catch up. Cap it in years worth, im sure some sort of selection thing can be made to select which day/month u can work on.

Also daily/monthly needs to be capped in the sense of how many items are required. Once u get 5/5 then the other items cannot be completed. Im pretty sure there are already players out there that have done all the daily items not just the 5/5.

This has been an idea since the beginning, I can recall anet stating they were going to do something with AP. But now that they have, they better make these adjustments otherwise they will be alienating both new and current players.

The only factor here to have been taken into consideration is “time” and it looks as though anet have misinterpreted it and it better be fixed immediately.

Achivement Points.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

This is where a years worth of dailies/monthly need to be made available in order to give the opportunity for new starters to catch up.

None of the other currencies are capped in order to give new players “a chance to catch up”: not gold, not dungeon tokens, skill points, karma, laurels or whatever… ?!

Why should AP suddenly be treated differently from all the other currencies?

“Because new players need to be able to catch up” is not a valid argument, because no one has a problem with any of the other currencies not doing that.

Any more arguments?

Achivement Points.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

There will be items, skins or account bonuses that you can buy with AP

unlock, not buy. using achievement points as currency is bad. terrible.
for example,
upon reaching
1,000 achievement points, one will have access to xxx armors skin
2,000 achievement points, one will have access to xxx weapons skin
etc

This is where a years worth of dailies/monthly need to be made available in order to give the opportunity for new starters to catch up. Cap it in years worth, im sure some sort of selection thing can be made to select which day/month u can work on.

Also daily/monthly needs to be capped in the sense of how many items are required. Once u get 5/5 then the other items cannot be completed. Im pretty sure there are already players out there that have done all the daily items not just the 5/5.

This has been an idea since the beginning, I can recall anet stating they were going to do something with AP. But now that they have, they better make these adjustments otherwise they will be alienating both new and current players.

The only factor here to have been taken into consideration is “time” and it looks as though anet have misinterpreted it and it better be fixed immediately.

what catch up? what alienating?

everyone will get those unlocks eventually.

there is no need to fix anything that is not broken.

None of the other currencies are capped in order to give new players “a chance to catch up”: not gold, not dungeon tokens, skill points, karma, laurels or whatever… ?!

“Because new players need to be able to catch up” is not a valid argument, because no one has a problem with any of the other currencies not doing that.

Any more arguments?

no. achievement points as currency is bad. terrible.
it is for unlocking new rewards. not used to purchase.

Achivement Points.

Posted by: archmag.1259

archmag.1259

I am not sure why everyone is talking about total achievement points unlocking reward when it was clearly said that individual achievements will unlock them:

New and Improved Achievement Panel UI

Learning about achievements has never been easier! Our revamped UI will make it simple for you to keep track of specific achievements and rewards. You can also look at individual achievements in detail to find point breakdowns, potential rewards, and helpful tips.

There is no extra section for total daily or monthly achievements, so the reward for them will stay the same as now, or even if section will be added, it won’t mess up other individual achievements rewards, it will be a separate progression. As I imagine, it will work like this: you finish Krait slayer achievement – you unlock something, you finish each personal story achievement – you unlock something else. There may also appear new types of achievements, that group others in the same section like we have seen in living story, so Complete 5 out of all Slayer achievements – unlock one reward (for example 5 laurel + new skin), 10 – unlock second reward (for example another 5 laurel + another new skin).

Achivement Points.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So.. people who are against Dailies/Monthlies counting:
How do you suggest that new player EVER get enough points to unlock stuff?

What about people that only play WvW? The vast majority of their APs comes from dailies/monthlies, since there are rather few achievements that can be earned (in reasonable time) from WvW alone.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Xenlai.8694

Xenlai.8694

I believe the balance of the current achievements is off. The dailies give too many achievement points for the amount of time required (150 AP/month 300 AP/month with PvP daily). Not all people have the dedication (loyalty? grindiness?) to log in every day and specifically aim to do the dailies.

Don’t get me wrong, its good that dailies give achievements but its just too many.
Anet should either:
1) cap the AP from dailies,
2) balance the rest of the achievements
3) reduce the amount of AP from dailies
4) allow people that don’t have the flexibility to log in daily to be able to earn the dailies they missed.

A daily equivalents 500 giant kills?? It’s wrong!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVdEINfm7H4

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

This is where a years worth of dailies/monthly need to be made available in order to give the opportunity for new starters to catch up.

Any more arguments?

Yea, I don’t understand wanting to cap them for this new currency system. I do understand for the Leaderboards, but that’s old news.

I really see the “cap” coming from how much (little?) one can unlock using Achievement Points. Anyone can put in the time to get all unlocked. People that have played since day one already have put in their time, they deserve the head start.

Achivement Points.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

1) cap the AP from dailies,

no. it is working as intended.
do not fix what is not broken

2) balance the rest of the achievements

yes, some achievements need some balancing.
i.e. much harder achievements should award more achievement points.

3) reduce the amount of AP from dailies

no. the amount is fine as it is.
again, do not fix what is not broken

4) allow people that don’t have the flexibility to log in daily to be able to earn the dailies they missed.

no. not happening. ever.
this belongs in another topic though.

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I did all points in all dailies/living stories/events since headstart including that frustrating crap toss and I want to be rewarded for that because it took lots of time and effort.

You can call it elitism or whatever but if you are too lazy to do it before or you bought game too late.. well its not my problem. I want to be rewarded for my effort not punish by you laziness.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

(edited by Rozbuska.5263)

Achivement Points.

Xenlai.8694

I did all points in all dailies/living stories/events since headstart including that frustrating crap toss and I want to be rewarded for that because it took lots of time and effort.

You can call it elitism or whatever but if you are too lazy to do it before or you bought game too late.. well its not my problem. I want to be rewarded for my effort not punish by you laziness.

I think you are just afraid that people will catch up to you.
The current AP system is broken and dailies is the primary factor for that. Dailies deprive players from catching up to other people no matter how god like skillful they may be. If they missed their dailies they will NEVER be able to catch up. If they are better than you (more skillful) they SHOULD be given the chance and tools to not only catch up to you but to even surpass you. If they are not better than you then you should rightfully have more AP than them.
P.S logging for 20 min a day and jumping all over Kryta for daily does not require any kind of elite skills.

Achivement Points.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I am not sure why everyone is talking about total achievement points unlocking reward when it was clearly said that individual achievements will unlock them:

New and Improved Achievement Panel UI

Learning about achievements has never been easier! Our revamped UI will make it simple for you to keep track of specific achievements and rewards. You can also look at individual achievements in detail to find point breakdowns, potential rewards, and helpful tips.

There is no extra section for total daily or monthly achievements, so the reward for them will stay the same as now, or even if section will be added, it won’t mess up other individual achievements rewards, it will be a separate progression. As I imagine, it will work like this: you finish Krait slayer achievement – you unlock something, you finish each personal story achievement – you unlock something else. There may also appear new types of achievements, that group others in the same section like we have seen in living story, so Complete 5 out of all Slayer achievements – unlock one reward (for example 5 laurel + new skin), 10 – unlock second reward (for example another 5 laurel + another new skin).

That would be awesome, I hope you’re right.

Achivement Points.

Rozbuska.5263

The current AP system is broken and dailies is the primary factor for that. Dailies deprive players from catching up to other people no matter how god like skillful they may be. If they missed their dailies they will NEVER be able to catch up. If they are better than you (more skillful) they SHOULD be given the chance and tools to not only catch up to you but to even surpass you. If they are not better than you then you should rightfully have more AP than them.
P.S logging for 20 min a day and jumping all over Kryta for daily does not require any kind of elite skills.

Not really I have pretty much done all achieves in all categories (well those WvW are still bit far):-P These times where all dailies was about 10 mins run in Queensdale are long gone. Today it takes around 3 hours.
I agree dailies gap is bit a problem and best will be if new players will be able to do them all backwards (it will take lots of time but they simply can do it). But totaly bypass daily AP to balance that gakitten imply wrong way.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

So basically, this is the same old “Casual Player Vs. Hardcore Player” argument?

Hardcore players don’t want the “logging in for the daily” casual players to get a large amount of easy achievement points, not to mention the skins. The cap on the dailies, under the guise of letting the new players catch up, will only cause a clear divide between the types of players over time. The people who can’t spend hours at a time doing: dungeons, all the living story content, exploring, and pvp on the game will slowly stagnate achievement point wise. On the other hand, the hardcore completionists will feel no effect really, since they do all that stuff anyway.

Casual players just think everyone has a right to the new content and skins. Though, the times when a player does get the new content will differ between the types of players. The hardcore players will get them first, since they already have a large number of achievement points, and the casual players will get them when they work up to them over time.

Old arguments never die I guess…

Achivement Points.

Hermes.7014

And then again, why being afraid of someonecatching up with AP? It’s not a freaking race!
Let everyone get the points the way they prefer, be it with dailies or with 1000 giants! I don’t really see any problem in it.

Achivement Points.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

nope. i think it is the other way round.
people with less achievement points are envious jealous of those with more achievement points.

The current AP system is broken and dailies is the primary factor for that.

nope. it is not broken.
it is working fine as it is intended to be.
dailies are working fine too. not broken.

Dailies deprive players from catching up to other people no matter how god like skillful they may be.

what catching up? what are you talking about?
there is no need to catch up. ever.
what god like skillful are you talking about?
you got it all wrong!
achievement points never was about skill.
achievement points is about time spent playing the game.

If they missed their dailies they will NEVER be able to catch up.

there is no reason to catch up.
the leader boards you say?
that is for those who played from day -3.
late comers do not have a chance on the leader boards? yes.
yes! exactly! late comers do not deserve to be on the leader boards.
you want to be on the leader boards? play from day -3.

If they are better than you (more skillful) they SHOULD be given the chance and tools to not only catch up to you but to even surpass you.

nope. not going to happen.
again, you are mistaken.
achievement points is not an indicator of skill, but time spent playing the game.

If they are not better than you then you should rightfully have more AP than them.

again, achievement points never was about being better.
it is all about spending more time playing the game.
stop being so jealous already!

it takes time.
enough with the skill talk already.
your argument is invalid.

Achivement Points.

Xenlai.8694

people with less achievement points are envious jealous of those with more achievement points.

The current AP system is broken and dailies is the primary factor for that.

nope. it is not broken.
it is working fine as it is intended to be.
dailies are working fine too. not broken.

Dailies deprive players from catching up to other people no matter how god like skillful they may be.

what catching up? what are you talking about?
there is no need to catch up. ever.
what god like skillful are you talking about?
you got it all wrong!
achievement points never was about skill.
achievement points is about time spent playing the game.

If they missed their dailies they will NEVER be able to catch up.

there is no reason to catch up.
the leader boards you say?
that is for those who played from day -3.
late comers do not have a chance on the leader boards? yes.
yes! exactly! late comers do not deserve to be on the leader boards.
you want to be on the leader boards? play from day -3.

If they are better than you (more skillful) they SHOULD be given the chance and tools to not only catch up to you but to even surpass you.

nope. not going to happen.
again, you are mistaken.
achievement points is not an indicator of skill, but time spent playing the game.

If they are not better than you then you should rightfully have more AP than them.

again, achievement points never was about being better.
it is all about spending more time playing the game.
stop being so jealous already!

it takes time.
enough with the skill talk already.
your argument is invalid.

First of all I was playing since day -3. No, I was playing since the first beta + stress tests, so dont go there.

Secondly, you yourself said that achievements are based on the amount of time spent in the game doing an activity. I’m ok with that really. It IS some sort of achievement. But dont deny that skill should NOT be a factor for an achievement.

And finally, since achievements are based on the amount of time spent in game, then why the hell does the slayer achievement gives so little points and takes so long? You contradict yourself and thus make my argument valid.

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I’m sorry to say I laughed at this. The only people that care about the leadership boards are the ones trying to climb them. I would even say that a good 80-90%+ of players don’t care where they stand in them. Much less, who’s number one. Lol

Achivement Points.

Rozbuska.5263

And then again, why being afraid of someonecatching up with AP? It’s not a freaking race!
Let everyone get the points the way they prefer, be it with dailies or with 1000 giants! I don’t really see any problem in it.

Ofc its race! Same as you trying be best in PvP leaderboards you do that same with AP. RPG Games are about competition. Its all about that you wanna be better than others. Its point of this genre. Simple as that. Just dont hide it behind fine words we are all same just admit it.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

I’m sorry to say I laughed at this. The only people that care about the leadership boards are the ones trying to climb them. I would even say that a good 80-90%+ of players don’t care where they stand in them. Much less, who’s number one. Lol

so true , i mean i´m doing the achivments because i want to be able to say “yeah i got this , was hard work” , not to be the number one one a board that (almost) no one cares … yesterday i did the “personal space” achivment , and it was a great feeling to FINALY get it after the 15th try, without the relog cheating method :P, thats what i´m doing achivments ….next ist the slayer achivment , thats gonna take some time but maybe i have luck and get a prescutor drop ;P

Achivement Points.

Posted by: Samuraizp.3896

Samuraizp.3896

Disagree.
Daily is a good alternative to get any extra achivement point at busy/www/pvp players . Why the hell they should to go in pve and start *completing 100% map * or else to get any extra AC point ? if they wont or have no time to do this ? why they should grind they achiv point in pve or jp ?