Belcher's Bluff Spam

Belcher's Bluff Spam

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: ArcaneFate.5603

ArcaneFate.5603

ARe the NPCs suppose to be able to spam their special move or are they bugged? Adnul Irongut seems to be spamming his special move making this one seem close to impossible. Before this Maddie had done the same and took many tries to beat.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

I don’t think we need yet another topic on this but here goes. They start to spam their abilities when they reach close to 50% hp (from what I’ve noticed). Use this to your advantage. Both NPCs are ‘killable’ (without using exploits), they just require different strategies. For Adnul, try to save using water and belch for when his buff is up, and try to bluff non stop when his buff isn’t up.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: ArcaneFate.5603

ArcaneFate.5603

I guess I wasn’t clear with my question. Are they suppose to be able to continuously use their special move or are they suppose to be only able to sue it once like the player. Just was wondering if this is a bug or not as I have heard some people claim it is and others say it is not.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Kreeping Doom.2890

Kreeping Doom.2890

Adnul spams his buff LONG before he reaches 50%. I have done this more times than I can even begin to count. I’m praying that this is a bug because this guy is flippin impossible lol. He is spamming when he is nearly full hp.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Yes, they seem to be allowed to use their special abilities as much as they want.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Kreeping Doom.2890

Kreeping Doom.2890

Not to mention he also blocks a great deal of your heals as well as see alot of your bluffs even when his buff is not up.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

That ’’Woooohoooo’’ spam made my head explode.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

When and how many times he uses his signature move seems to be completely random. I was defeated by Adnul several times before he finally decided that he would stop spamming his special move. He only used it three times and then I won (after over 20 tries). At the end, I won because I was lucky.
I remember that in another topic about Adnul someone suggested the use of food that recovers HP every second (mango pie). Maybe you should try that if luck is not your ally.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I’ve been trying to outdrink this cheating son of a kitten for hours. Nothing I do matters once he starts spamming his Critique – the game turns from Belcher’s Bluff to Belcher’s Death By Booze. I notice that he also seems to recover far more health with his Water than should happen, going by the information that’s available in the tooltips. Up until I got to this guy, I found the minigame amusing…but this kittener is way too hard to be fun to deal with. It’s amazing, really – a drinking game has been turned into an exercise in frustration. Is this supposed to simulate drinking yourself to death?

I get that, as NPCs, they’re probably going to have advantages that players don’t – but can those advantages be limited to “Is able to use Signature Move more than once per match, with a cooldown?”

(edited by Anymras.5729)

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Paul Belz.7351

Paul Belz.7351

Hey guys,

So we’ve been investigating this issue and we feel that Adnul is being a little too mean. We will have a change in soon that should make him give players a bit more breathing room while still maintaining the difficulty to a degree.

Thank you all for the feedback and apologies for any frustration this has been causing you.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

“Let’s take a moment to appreciate.. how cheap Adnul is.”

He starts the match with his Critique. Once the 3 blocked Bluff buff has worn off, he does Critique instantly again, this repeats until I’m defeated. I can never Bluff. There’s absolutely no logic at all to when he is going to use Water, so Belch’ing it is a hit and miss. This is not fun, ArenaNet. This is just infuriating and frustrating.

It feels like this NPC is reading my inputs, and if you actually programmed him to do that, that is seriously not ok, ArenaNet. I don’t get why he always blocks my first Bluff, no matter when I do it. I can start with it, he blocks it, I can do other things first, then a Bluff, he blocks it. Only times he can’t block it is if it should be on a cooldown on his side. And he’s never done it when I just drink.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

I’ve been trying to beat this guy for hours and it seem impossible. Adnul has better healing, infinite special moves and he seem to always interrupt your water in critical moments near the end. Hoping he’ll keep drinking by bluffing him to death doesn’t seem fun at all.

On a side note, I was hoping that we didn’t have to play the drinking game against these NPCs for all our characters either. I found out that you have to drink against every NPCs on every character you have or you will not be able to get the signature moves. If I read the update correctly, Poyaqui will disappear after the event is over and I would like to have his signature skills on all my characters. I just feel like trying to beat all the NPCs will prevent me from having time with Sanctum Sprints. Like many others I’m assuming, I really did come in expecting to beat all the NPCs within an hour. I did not expect to lose for 2+ straight hours against one drinking master with the hope that’ll I’ll only win if I’m very very very very very lucky.

Thanks to Gabby I’ll test out the “mango pie” healing trick. I’ll post again to let you guys know how it goes (I really don’t think a mini game should require a cheat to win, this just defeats the purpose of it being for “fun”)

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

… WOW, just wow…
thanks for the healing tip Gabby <3
I destoryed Adnul in one try with the pie…

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

… WOW, just wow…
thanks for the healing tip Gabby <3
I destoryed Adnul in one try with the pie…

I did too, after spending all night trying i caved and bought one, kitten that Norn, i felt it was justifyable because i’m an asura and thus cheating is totally in my nature xD

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I only managed to beat him with Mango Pie… just don’t tune him down too much, quite a fight.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Michael Fejervary.8576

Michael Fejervary.8576

I had a mango pie buff, and I sat there for 15 minutes straight with us just both going up and down in health before he finally just kept drinking and killing himself off.

Nice to see that they are going to tweak him even if it is after the fact.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: ozzieballista.8015

ozzieballista.8015

Hey guys,

So we’ve been investigating this issue and we feel that Adnul is being a little too mean. We will have a change in soon that should make him give players a bit more breathing room while still maintaining the difficulty to a degree.

Thank you all for the feedback and apologies for any frustration this has been causing you.

Arggggggg fix him already. This was driving me nuts for hours. I really wish if devs know its broken to just take the npc out until it’s fixed, I hate searching the forum to make sure it’s working as intended or not as in this case, if it seems a little to hard. some of us just keep going until you get it done.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: ozzieballista.8015

ozzieballista.8015

I only managed to beat him with Mango Pie… just don’t tune him down too much, quite a fight.

You Sir are a genuies. Mango pie whooped him. tyvm

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i felt Adnul was a decent fight. tough, but you had to be very careful. my fight with him was really dragged out, and i got the one drink left achievement against him was lucky enough to face him once. gonna try again for fun.

Maddie was the worst though! lol, her “wooohoooo” spam was crazy. for a while, i’d get rid of her stacks, waiting to heal up the next round and she’d spam it right away lol. fought her like 6 – 7 times before i beat her. never again. XDDD

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

i felt Adnul was a decent fight. tough, but you had to be very careful. my fight with him was really dragged out, and i got the one drink left achievement against him was lucky enough to face him once. gonna try again for fun.

Maddie was the worst though! lol, her “wooohoooo” spam was crazy. for a while, i’d get rid of her stacks, waiting to heal up the next round and she’d spam it right away lol. fought her like 6 – 7 times before i beat her. never again. XDDD

Isn’t she as crazy? Hahah had so much fun with all the “wooohooo”

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

lol she is nuts! XDDD
i have to admit, they did a stellar job with her character. i was about ready to flip the table and break my mug.

a big Norn like me, being outdrunk by a puny human? she reserves the right to be obnoxious in my face. hahaha

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Hmm. I defeated Adnul on 3rd try without any consumable workarounds. I was just spamming bluff as often as possible and use belch/water (if available) while his signature was active. Maybe I was just lucky? I dont know. I can confirm however that he was using his signature move a lot.

I did something like:
if his signature is not up and bluff available → bluff
else if belch available → belch
else if water available → water
else → drink

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

What ? I’ve beaten him the hard way
But honestly, agree it’s completely OP.
Once had 3 times in a row : 9 rounds without bluff rofl. Can’t say if I would have had a 4th since it’s impossible to survive so long without bluff :P

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Apparently(according to German patch notes – they seemed to be out faster this time) the Norn got nerfed… and they removed the food buff exploit. Can someone try again without food and tell how he is now? I might try again without food later or in the next days.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

You Sir are a genuies. Mango pie whooped him. tyvm

yea arena fixed that…mango pie dont work no moe

Are you Shpongled?

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Apparently(according to German patch notes – they seemed to be out faster this time) the Norn got nerfed… and they removed the food buff exploit. Can someone try again without food and tell how he is now? I might try again without food later or in the next days.

it doesnt work because all food buffs are removed when u start playing the belch activity -_-

Are you Shpongled?

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Hey guys,

So do I get some kind of cool, smug reward for beating him without cheating and before his nerf? :P

Naw, I think it’s great that you all looked into it and tweaked the masters a bit. Sometimes they really would pile those special moves on — I was really confused when I got my first one and could only use it once!

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

Just played him again and I am seeing no difference whatsoever, his sig move is still up 95% of the time.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

You’re only really allowed to make a mistake or two versus Adnul. Any more than that and you’ll probably lose. I won him fair, but yeah it took me like an hour to get lucky.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: koopatroopa.5360

koopatroopa.5360

Maddie preventing you from healing the entire time is really annoying

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Donaga.3980

Donaga.3980

just dulfy this until you get the achievement and then nobody ever cares about this belcher’s bluff…

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: phtotrope.3761

phtotrope.3761

just dulfy this until you get the achievement and then nobody ever cares about this belcher’s bluff…

I completely agree that Andul was unreasonable, but it definitely was possible to beat him without cheating.

But I disagree that nobody will ever care about Belcher’s Bluff. I had a blast getting the rest of the BB achievements for the title. Just playing with random people in LA was quite enjoyable. I just wish the Endless table wasn’t so expensive. I definitely see myself keeping a nice stack of them handy though.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

I know he’s relatively easy to beat but the Charr doesn’t play by the rules either – his drink water skill (not the sig move) re-charges after 1 turn.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Sata.9281

Sata.9281

Why do you keep lying to your players ArenaNet? you just made a small patch like an hour ago that said in its notes " Adnul Irongut has calmed down, no longer insisting on critiquing at every possible moment."
this is not true at all. i think you guys are trying to blindfold our eyes. Ive been trying to beat this guy for like an hour+ , even paying attention to his patterns and i know how to use my skills but it seems to me the only fix u did was to disable the use of food during this match. Adnul aint kittening fixed when i see him using his critique like 4 times or 5 times in a row, and no matter whatever i do i dont stand a chance vs 4 signature moves in a row. fix this crap or stop lieing to people

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Adnul’s Critique still continues between matches, if you lose while it’s active.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: GlisteningDragon.3975

GlisteningDragon.3975

I just want to report that Andul still spams his special (spammed four/five times multiple tries). Also his special stays up between matches.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Also confirmed that he still spams it, and that it persists between matches.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Bearlin.7238

Bearlin.7238

Get the Boast skill from the sylvari NPC, it should somewhat help when he starts spamming and you’re in a bind

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

It does, but it only helps vs. 1 or 2 of his moves, not 3-4 in a row.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Pengu The Tengu.1278

Pengu The Tengu.1278

Well been trying for the last hour and a half now and still can’t beat him.
I had the same problem where his special would persist through games. Also i really don’t understand whats with his critique spam. I had one game where he didn’t cast it for like 7 rounds and then decides to use it.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

As long as you don’t change his voice. When he says bhold uhndertones he sounds like Hank Hill and it is fantastic.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I just tried to do Andul.
If this is the nerfed version that gives players a bit more breathing room,
I don’t even want to know how he used to be.
It is a total waste of time and a matter of absolute luck to win this.
He just spams his ability within 5 seconds of loosing
the buff and if he even calls your bluff ,or interrupts your healing
once,it is game over.
And this is what really hard and epic content is all about.
A almost unbeatable drinking mini game.
Way to go!!!

P.S May the beer be with you

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

(edited by Aenaos.8160)

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Thank God they fixed Adnul to make him even harder. He was waaaaaay too easy before, it was almost possible to get him down to half his health before he took you out.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Dina Van Heyr.3018

Dina Van Heyr.3018

well my record is that i hold 4 his moves in row without even break .. so i cant imagine how he was before ..
I just made my new record he used it 5 times during brawl

(edited by Dina Van Heyr.3018)

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I just checked it again,just in case.
He will use the special ability within one,tops two
rounds of loosing the last buff stack.
If this is not a bug……………………………….kitten………………………
I’m off to CoF.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

Finally got him after 10 tries. You just have to be reallyyyy lucky and be able to cancel all his heals at the right time.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Finally got him after 10 tries. You just have to be reallyyyy lucky and be able to cancel all his heals at the right time.

Dang nice! Did you notice a pattern to his heals? When I tried the other day it seemed he’d either use it as soon as it got off cd or the turn after (and usually the first time was on round 3-5).

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: anonim.5932

anonim.5932

Just wanted to report: His Belch damages me, even if I’m taking a normal drink (#1). Can’t beat him that way.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Shtra Quo.1932

Shtra Quo.1932

And here I was thinking Polymock was kittened. And then there’s this guy. Must be from the same “developer”. How about putting something new in the game, that isn’t about finding 1000 times the same item or is just pure luck? I thought this game was supposed to be about skill?!?

Freck – You’ve been desolated!

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

Just wanted to report: His Belch damages me, even if I’m taking a normal drink (#1). Can’t beat him that way.

Confirmed. Fixed? More like broken beyond repair. Save yourselves the hassle and grief and dont bother with this.

(edited by OmniPotentes.4817)