Belcher's Bluff Spam

Belcher's Bluff Spam

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Tetsaru.6342

Tetsaru.6342

I beat Caiwyn and Graster Beakerbane on my first attempts, Berddi within about 5 matches (first opponent I went to), and eventually got Maddi after a while, but Adnul Irongut is just ridiculous, even after the “patch.” I’ve been trying to beat him for the past few hours with no luck. He always belches my drink water at the most inopportune times (usually during his Critique move, which he still uses quite often), and on occasion, he’ll bug out when I start the match over again to where it’ll say he’s still watching my bluffs even though he doesn’t have the buff icon next to his name. I’m going to have “let’s take a moment to appreciate this blend’s bold undertones” stuck in my head when I sleep tonight… X_X

EDIT – FINALLY beat this guy shortly after posting this, but I was down to 200 health and somehow he didn’t belch at me when I tried to use drink water again…

(edited by Tetsaru.6342)

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Frostedblaze.9017

Frostedblaze.9017

This is absolutely the stupidest thing I’ve ever played. When he gets his health low, he stacks his special, and you’re not getting a single bluff off the rest of the match. Your best bet is to belch his heal when you’re at low health. You still need to get real lucky to win, but that’s your best shot.

Edit: also, you pretty much have to forfeit every other match so you he doesnt start with the hidden critique buff. And even if you do a normal drink, his belch still hurts you. You have to get incredibly freaking lucky if you want to beat this guy right now. I’d suggest staying away until he’s fixed.

Aiden Frost
Check out my S/D Ele tPvP guide: http://intothemists.com/guides/202-aiden_frosts_sd_sustain_burst

(edited by Frostedblaze.9017)

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: phild.7862

phild.7862

This is such a bad joke:

1. Damage bug
I belched several times below 2k or 5k life and it just did 5% dmg to Adnul

2. Critique bug
You can’t bluff even tough he doesn’t have the buff

3. Critique Spam
He spams it two or three times in a row. No matter how you play or what special you choose, this is killing you. Just do the math.

You see, I beat the Sylvari, the Asura and the Human easily. For the Charr you need the human Special to prevent him from healing. He was a joke when you have that special.
But Adnul is bugged, broken and unfair.

Every developer with some pride would at least try for himself and fix him.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: vashio.6297

vashio.6297

Do any of you guys notice this guy has like x2 larger hp pool or maybe even larger.
Also i’m noticing that when i use my #1 skill i take 20% damage when it says i should be taking 10% damage. Also when i use my #3 heal i only heal for 10% instead of the said 20%… this game is so rigged its like they don’t want people to win this game and just want people that are lucky enough to cancel all his heals win.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: phild.7862

phild.7862

Okay, I just beat him using the very same exploit that got fixed. Maybe let me rephrase it, they fixed Mango Pie yes, but they didn’t think of another type of buffs that persist even when doing Belcher’s Bluff.

Boost your spirit and try it again fellows!

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

I beat him. How? I know how to hold my om nom juice.

#Learn2drink.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Stillkin.2859

Stillkin.2859

Its totally doable – just got this after 1 hours try. No mango eating or other buffs. I did notice however it does seem as mentioned by others a bit on luck. “Good luck”

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

Finally got him after 10 tries. You just have to be reallyyyy lucky and be able to cancel all his heals at the right time.

Dang nice! Did you notice a pattern to his heals? When I tried the other day it seemed he’d either use it as soon as it got off cd or the turn after (and usually the first time was on round 3-5).

It appeared that he healed every 2-3 drinks and sometimes after he belches. To be honest, I must’ve gotten lucky because he started using critique at 50% hp while I was still at full health (spamming bluff helps). That along with boast kept be alive long enough to finish him off. So my only advice is trust your instincts lol.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Finally got him after 10 tries. You just have to be reallyyyy lucky and be able to cancel all his heals at the right time.

Dang nice! Did you notice a pattern to his heals? When I tried the other day it seemed he’d either use it as soon as it got off cd or the turn after (and usually the first time was on round 3-5).

It appeared that he healed every 2-3 drinks and sometimes after he belches. To be honest, I must’ve gotten lucky because he started using critique at 50% hp while I was still at full health (spamming bluff helps). That along with boast kept be alive long enough to finish him off. So my only advice is trust your instincts lol.

Heh yeah. I got him to ~10% a couple of times, but after the sylvari buff wares off and he keeps spamming critique I just couldn’t finish him off the last bit.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Eowin Of Rohan.2619

Eowin Of Rohan.2619

+1 : this boss is impossible to beat with just playing the game : you need big big luck.
Been trying for hours, the best I have done was to down him to 5%, probably 1 beat away from end. Of course he cheated, knew I was about to use skill4 and use his skill4 too. I lost.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Knux.6054

Knux.6054

Yeah, I give up for now. Going to do the kites instead.

His “Water” seems to heal for about 2.5 "Drink"s worth…while my “Water” heals for about 0.8 "Drink"s worth. This is pretty key. He can just straight outlast me.

Got lucky and cancelled two of his "Water"s…still only got him down to about 10%. Dang.

Server: Yak’s Bend
Main: Crossandra (Mesmer)

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Adnul is still immensely overpowered and can only be beaten through sheer luck. His water heals twice as much as drinking damages him and his signature move is far more powerful than any of the others.

The only way to win is if he never drinks water. Finally managed to beat him after like 40 tries and it was only because he didn’t drink much water and I managed to belch when he was drinking water a couple times.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I am still waiting for u to fix this major bug with Adnul. I will take it the last patch was a bad joke patch on your customers, mmmkay?

Kay….go fix pls ^.^

PS. Don’t mango pies disappear when u get into combat with them? What use are they for then. I am actually slowly reduced to searching for exploits sadly. Gg anet. Luck based game. I know..why don’t u make a gem-item that makes us invulnerable to intentional bugs in this game ^.^ could make u profit. I am sure u already thought of it.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Speaking of Spam – is Maddie supposed to be able to spam Woo?
She’s using it often enough I can go 9+ rounds unable to drink water.

Well, that’s what it would be if I survived.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Mango pie worked for me last night. After getting my alt to beat everyone (fairly) but the Norn I decided to send my main to do the job, starting with the troublesome Irongut. Used pie. Same single slice of pie lasted against all the other masters.

Worth noting: The signature moves are not achievement tracked, as in – my alt beat 4 but it didn’t matter, my main had to go about to beat them all to get the signature moves. Didn’t try the frog immediately after the norn (at which point my account had beaten all 5 masters) so that may still have worked.

Since they are designed to cheat (we can only use signature moves ONCE in a match while they can spam them – that’s not fair) I thought it totally applicable to out cheat them. There’s pie in your face grandmasters! Mango pie! >:)

(edited by Joseph Skyrim.2470)

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Fatmancantrun.6451

Fatmancantrun.6451

please Anet rework Adnul irongut, either make him spam his signature 1/3 as much, give him less health or give the players 2 signatures, as it stands hes impossible i dont care how you do it, allow us to bring regen food in or something then he would be managable, his battle isnt fun, it isnt a challenge its an imposibility, i spent 9 hours 2 days ago trying to beat him and couldnt, yesterday i spent 3 and today i spent 2… i actualy got so kitten ed off i got off and resubscribed to lotro… Anet is losing customers by making him this hard… i will still play but not do the kitten drinking untill adnul is fixed

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Fatmancantrun.6451

Fatmancantrun.6451

oh and i also had him heal 3 times in a row when he was down at 25%

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

What I don’t get is why can he belch during the critique? That doesn’t seem like something you would do when doing a critique…

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Eldrake.1543

Eldrake.1543

Personally, I feel that the NPCs are not difficult whatsoever. That would imply they’re actually challenging or fun to play against. Which they’re not.

There’s no difficulty whatsoever in drinking against them. It’s nothing but 100% luck. In other words, it’s Mario Party except there’s no fun.

Either Anet should make them more like PCs, make them play fair (equal health and refreshing) and let them use their signature techniques only once, or just stop making minigames ever since they need to use overpowered NPCs for whatever reasons. The former would be best.

Anet clearly wants to make engaging minigames, but to do that Anet needs to stop making minigame design decisions despised by everyone in the entire world. Only then can it be potentially engaging/exciting/fun.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Outlaw.3421

Outlaw.3421

Yeah, I just tried to do this and unless there is a pattern that I am missing, he keeps spamming his ability every other attack when he gets down to about half health. The final 25% seems almost impossible unless the RNG goes your way with a belch.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Dytrix.3061

Dytrix.3061

Ive been at this Norm for 2 days and I cant beat him, can we get some other type of leverage on this guy, he spams his signature after one or 2 drinks then spams it again. Mango pies dont work nor do placing a ground healing buff. So I assume you expect us to wait the 3 strikes out before we die. Just saying

Zenchi Tuyo:80 Ranger Dytric: 80 Mesmer
Xenien: 80 Elementalist Rulyin: 80 Necromancer
Zuronto: 80 Guardian

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

I spent a good 40min vs him with Rejuv booster. there’s no skill involved, it’s just luck that he changes his rotation and you happen to click the right stuff at right time. You can try to mitigate the risk, but if tt’s all down to luck.

My guildie beat him on her 2nd try. She didn’t have any hp regen buff. She doesn’t even know enough english to understand the tooltips and thus the game. She said to me: “you know the 1,2,3 skills? I just clicked on them like crazy and I think it made him [Anulf] confused”

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Miru.4569

Miru.4569

Anulf made me not want to play this mini game ever again. Even with the ‘change’ he is still buffing at 90% health. At least Sanctum Sprint was rewarding even with the lag. This exercise in frustration is neither rewarding nor fun.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Cadent.1369

Cadent.1369

Yeah I’ve been trying for the past 2 hours on adnul and still can’t beat him. :/ I beat all the others after my first or 2nd try but ive done this guy at least 15 times now

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

I think the change is a lie. Dude should not be allowed to have three different bluff disables (the skill, the ‘stare’, and calling you out). I was able to get him down to 1/4th before he started spamming and I was SOL.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Change is a lie IMHO, Every time I get close to beating him He starts cheating..
TRIPLE CONSECUTIVE Critque, that’s right 9 turns worth of awesome.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Change is a lie IMHO, Every time I get close to beating him He starts cheating..
TRIPLE CONSECUTIVE Critque, that’s right 9 turns worth of awesome.

You can still drink water and belch while critique is up. I think the biggest luck factor is how often he will interfere with your water drink. In the end it is doable as I did it in few tries before any changes. Not saying I am pro or something. Perhaps just very lucky with this. But I just imply that saying its impossible is a lie.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Darnis.4056

Yes I realize this, but still 9 consecutive turns of his special is pretty dumb, I just tried it again but survived the 9 turn onslaugh and got him to10% and he decided 9 turns was not long enough so he did it again and I died on the 11th

No one said it was impossible, I’m saying it’s not Fair, balanced or anything in between.. will I still sit through 30 rounds of this crap? yes.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Finally got it. Biggest thing I found was always have a belch or have one one turn away. His health regen from the water was what killed me multiple times, if you can interrupt that once or twice it will be easier going. Sometimes that means running lower on health and drinking Om just to get the belch in range again. Also, always use the heal skill as much as possible as topping health off is important; by alternating Om drinking, bluffing and water he didn’t catch me drinking water too much.

As for his wonderful skill, if you can afford to drink Om during it, do so. Healing must be a last priority, I took the ‘science’ special skill which basically allowed me to run very low on health and then gain a lot back during one of his disabling phases.

Still took an hour and a half of close calls though. I’d say the three ways to disable your bluff are a tad OP.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Darnis.4056

I believe the only real way to win this is to interrupt his heal 3 times in a row.. but it’s proving statistically hard to do so.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I finished at the 3rd try using a regen buff.
Go now before this is “fixed” too.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Darnis.4056

Regen buff? like personal regen?

I’ve never raged so hard at anything in this game.. It’s not that it’s hard it’s stupid luck based bs, I get him to 10% or 15 % every time and he just keeps spamming his iwinbutton He should be required to take atleast 2 or 3 turns before he can use it again but he keeps consequitively spamming it. The best part is when he kills me with 3 buffs still on him and the next game I play Is an automatic loss because the buffs stay indefinitely and do not clear.

0/10 Fun
1/10 Strategy
0/10 Replay Value

It’s like playing Rock paper sissors except your opponent bans rock and you can only use sissors every other turn.

(edited by Darnis.4056)

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Eldrake.1543

Eldrake.1543

Seriously though, if Belcher’s Bluff is Anet’s idea of a fun minigame, then Anet shouldn’t be surprised if the playerbase decides to ignore all of their future minigames from now on.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: HeWaGER.4926

HeWaGER.4926

Fix it, PLEASE!

RS

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: phtotrope.3761

phtotrope.3761

0/10 Fun
1/10 Strategy
0/10 Replay Value

It’s like playing Rock paper sissors except your opponent bans rock and you can only use sissors every other turn.

The real fun starts when you play against other players. I had a lot of fun getting the rest of the BB achievements for the title.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Dude Maddie is kittening unpossible. Help please? I’ve tried to beat her 20 times now. At 60% she starts using Woo every 3 rounds leaving 0 chance to drink water. All I can do is boast which only delays the inevitable.

Update: This game is based PURELY on luck. I beat Maddie finally but it was pure, stupid, blind, dumb luck because I was down to 700 hp and she forced me to bluff for 8 straight rounds. Again it was nothing but dumb luck that she didn’t belch once.

Dear Anet,
Please design future minigames to involve strategy rather than luck.
Sincerely,
Xenon.

(edited by Xenon.4537)

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Dude Maddie is kittening unpossible. Help please? I’ve tried to beat her 20 times now. At 60% she starts using Woo every 3 rounds leaving 0 chance to drink water. All I can do is boast which only delays the inevitable.

Update: This game is based PURELY on luck. I beat Maddie finally but it was pure, stupid, blind, dumb luck because I was down to 700 hp and she forced me to bluff for 8 straight rounds. Again it was nothing but dumb luck that she didn’t belch once.

Dear Anet,
Sincerely,
Xenon.

Yeah I wrote down 20 matches with Adnul, and after looking through them there was no pattern for when he belched vs when he healed. I had one match where he didn’t heal for 10 rounds, others where he healed every chance he could. You cna’t really make strategies and use skill when the opponents 1) Don’t play by the same rules and 2) Have totally random strategies.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Dear Anet,
Sincerely,
Xenon.

Yeah I wrote down 20 matches with Adnul, and after looking through them there was no pattern for when he belched vs when he healed. I had one match where he didn’t heal for 10 rounds, others where he healed every chance he could. You cna’t really make strategies and use skill when the opponents 1) Don’t play by the same rules and 2) Have totally random strategies.

I think the entire game really works on luck. The NPC’s seem to pick their course of action on a whim, with the added ability to spam signature moves, which is unfair imo because players can’t. PvP of this game is mostly luck because you have no idea what the opponent is going to do beyond assuming they will bluff or heal when their health is low. Indeed it is like trying to say there is strategy in rock paper scissors, when in fact it is simply luck of the draw.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Syrcaid.8591

Syrcaid.8591

Adnul is so frustrating to the point that the drinking game is no longer even enjoyable. I feel he even used his signature without the icon even showing up on his bar a few times.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

6 hours of this drinking with Adnul and still nothing. i’ve tried every combination and every skill. Lowest I’ve gotten him is to about 15% then he just spikes back up. My luck is terrible in this game.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

kitten it! I should have tried the mango pie right after reading this yesterday, because the patch removes food effects, now Ill never be able to beat that kitten! kittening GW2 staff

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

The mini-games mechanics are screwed up, whats the point of earning six master skills when we can only use one per battle, and only once! Yet the NPCs can spam them, its unfair, its illogical. If we truly knew these skills, we’d be able to use them whenever we please. Bullkitten!

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

By the way, Adnul also is bugged. If he does his signature move, and you forfeit, then when you restart his ability is still active. It doesn’t reset.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

It’s different – and more fun – against other players since it’s an even playing field.

I think it would be more fun in both situations – PvE and PvP if the Signature was on a cool-down for everyone. Say every 5 turns (maybe more for the ones that last several rounds). That would give the player the ability to actually use strategy against the NPCs – instead of just trying to get lucky and get chain spammed to death. I think it would still be fair if the NPCs could use their own Signature more often, but still have at least one round in-between – otherwise it’s just a steamroll and you’re banking on luck.

It can work having the Signature only once when it come to PvP – because I get the feeling that most people don’t want a match dragged out into a half-hour fiasco, but if the NPCs can spam it there should be SOMETHING to balance that !

Some of the NPCs are quite good in that you can use strategies to reliably beat them. It’s fair for them to have different levels of difficulty and different health pools – but the chain-spams are what seems to be killing it for everyone.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Bajoras.5796

Bajoras.5796

this is impossible tried about few hours to beat that kitten he just keep spamming that skill i really hope anet will fix him

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Fender.3624

Fender.3624

I tried Adnul for about an hour with no luck. Took a rejuvenation booster and beat him on the first try. It’s sad that you either need a gem store item to beat this guy or have an incredible amount of luck.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

Hey guys,

So we’ve been investigating this issue and we feel that Adnul is being a little too mean. We will have a change in soon that should make him give players a bit more breathing room while still maintaining the difficulty to a degree.

Thank you all for the feedback and apologies for any frustration this has been causing you.

I went back against him and a few others such as Miss “woo woo woo” just for kicks on a few of my alts trying to just get them the abilities for later. Sadly I found the fix to be almost unnoticeable from one match to another on him or miss “woo woo woo”.

So I shall chock this up the same as the -no no no no no no- and -my own flesh! my own flesh! my own flesh! fix. I already have the stuff on 5 of my characters so not a huge deal I guess but I do not feel it’s worth it with how much of a pure luck factor these guys are to go back and get it on all my characters like I’d want.

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

Hey guys,

So we’ve been investigating this issue and we feel that Adnul is being a little too mean. We will have a change in soon that should make him give players a bit more breathing room while still maintaining the difficulty to a degree.

Thank you all for the feedback and apologies for any frustration this has been causing you.

Adnul will have plenty of breathing space after I remove his * supreme reigning gut * and make it into one of my pets :s

(edited by Meriem.3504)

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: rsegames.3916

rsegames.3916

I passed Adnul already, but went inside the instances to see my friends against him, well, not surprised to see the exact same thing. Adnul keeping 100% his buff against them.

I said once and i will keep saying, Anet is full of morons in his programing staff, because is impossible to see the atrocity of things that the players have to swallow in this game. Can somebody at least tell me if ANY of the pp who exploit the moa race was banned? Not permabanned, but at least some days of penalty?

Well, not expecting anything right now, just a ban for saying once again the truth, incoming post deletion in 3, 2, 1…

Belcher's Bluff Spam

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

I only managed to beat him with Mango Pie… just don’t tune him down too much, quite a fight.

You Sir are a genuies. Mango pie whooped him. tyvm

yea arena fixed that…mango pie dont work no moe

What is frustrating is they seem to in general IMMEDIATELY fix a bug that assist players but its ok if the Karka event is still half broke and some achievements are buggy like a few of the AR which were never ever fixed to work but yet some were fixed to stop some exploits. This is has happened time and again not just with Guild Wars either.

I understand them fixing exploits in events I am all for it, I wish they be more on top of it with some of these bosses and events they throw at us, like hiding from the cannon at the gate in AR drove me up the wall but was never fixed. But they seem to not really care when it comes to achievement bugs, loot bugs etc.

(edited by Meriem.3504)