Best. Content. Ever.

Best. Content. Ever.

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Srsly this is best content patch since launch. New zone is design masterpiece especialy crystal jumping was most fun achiev ever. Sanctum Sprint is simply something amazing. Reworked achievments are also well designed. Simply great job this time Anet. Thx:-)

btw.. MOAR CANTHAAAAAAA!

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

The whole place screams Cantha, doesn’t it?
I want to know more! There is a npc that tells us that the ship was built before Orr rose from the depths of the sea. Now, we can’t safely assume that it is flying since before the dragon’s awakening (just before Zhaitan and Kralkatorrik’s), but the point is that the contact with Cantha was lost when Zhaitan awoke and rose Orr.
No NPC says that it is from Cantha, but c’mon! Most humans npcs up there look Canthan, even.
I love almost everything about the new map. The only problem with it is that it is temporary (I understand, living story and all, but it is just too great to go away).

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

They re-used the GW1 soundtrack in multiple places in GW2. I was surprised they didn’t re-use the Factions soundtrack for this map.

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Track in Sanctum Sprint is great with higher volume I am sure it make you run faster:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

God knows I’m one of the more critical people when it comes to Anet’s releases, and I’ve never really said this but: Thank you for BotW Anet. I love the homage to cantha.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

I’m really enjoying it and the area is beautiful! I do hope it remains after the event. The icing on the cake would be a couple of taverns where we RPers could continue to use the area for years to come!

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Vengiance.2781

Vengiance.2781

This event is just briliant. Seriously Anet should give some bonus to the team which created such a miracle. I personally enjoyed…. everything!! Just keep going Anet keep going

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Loving the scavenger hunt for the crystals! Feels crash bandicoot-like.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Ravak.8912

Ravak.8912

Masterpiece. Way better than all I have encountered so far ^^

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

The racing is fantastic, tops even the SAB. Completed the Frequent Racer 2 times in a row xD

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

The design team has truly outdone itself with this content. Most fun I’ve had since launch. The music, the art, the various dialogues, the games… It’s incredible.

That being said, it looks to be that the sanctum is the only new addition to the previously undiscovered zone. The small town in the cliffs is clearly established. I certainly hope this zone remains active when the ship departs.

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

I’m having fun with this so far, definitely more so than the previous Living Story content I’ve seen since coming back to the game last month. Hopefully they will fix the finicky Aspect skills quickly. The atmosphere and scenery of the zone are well done, and though I never played GW1 ankitten ew to the setting, I like seeing a human culture other than the very “generic” Krytans and Ascalonians.

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

Actually they are Canthan and Elonians. Talk with npc in LA

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Having so much fun with this new content, and I was seriously “meh” about it before it landed. So, great job, ANet! You’ve even convinced me that Sanctum Sprint is amazing – I even have the Sanctum Sprinter title – and I was very skeptical of this before.

If I had ONE small complaint, it’s that I do wish the WPs in the zone were free like in the other cities. The whole area is basically one big jumping puzzle, so death is a likely occurrence … still, I guess it’s intended as a (pretty large, actually, if anyone dies as much as me from falling) gold sink.

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I think the team that did this must be the same that did Halloween and SAB. They seem to deliver the best updates. The other teams need to step it up!

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: bladie.5084

bladie.5084

im strictly wvwwv and i have to say, i absolutely LOVE this patch.

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

JPs are my favorite part of the game, this is like Xmas for me

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

While I technically hate JPs (and have said maaaaany many times), I am very much enjoying the new map. I love the art work, and all the nifty things to check out. I even managed the make it to the dive point on my second attempt thanks to lightning pulls. I can’t wait to get home and play it some more! (Wow, haven’t said that about a game in a while haha)

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: JekelEnheid.2875

JekelEnheid.2875

All i can say is…Wow! The content is a blast and the zone is top notch, nice job A-net!

Asus Maximus V | 3570k @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB DDR3 2133Mhz | GTX 770 SLI | 128 GB SDD/1.5 TB HDD

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Based on what some of the NPC’s said that I talked to, I’m hoping that this moves from town to town and shows up frequently. I would love if once each month it showed up in one of the main towns.

I have enjoyed this one. I’ve already gotten 6 things completed and am over halfway through the sky crystals. (Compare that to sky pirates where I didn’t do a single achievement.) And I’ve had fun while doing them.

I know that several of us have suggested that they do something to liven up the cities. This moving from city to city would help. Although all you would have in the city is the portal to this area, still it would be a start. I’m glad the mini games are being added…I think I read this minigame is permanent? I hope it is.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The whole place screams Cantha, doesn’t it?

Was exactly what I was thinking. Helps ease my homesickness.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I found a merchant selling Red Bean Cakes. I smiled.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Faceless.7549

Faceless.7549

As someone who has distanced themselves from the forums to avoid further criticising (and in my opinion rightly so) every single decision ArenaNet makes, Bazaar of the Four Winds is the first content that has brought me back to the game for more than just a cynical gander.

Sure, it still has its frustrating bits (insisting to shove players into the Obsidian Sanctum for a second time, the somewhat glitch-rich level design when it comes to using the Aspects, and the irrational persistence to stick to the gambling RNG model when it comes to awarding players), but the last time I’ve enjoyed content this much was the Halloween update, and this update wins over it.

The new zone is gorgeously designed, the dizzying view from below when you arrive is stunning. The fly-by view of the Sanctum could have been a vista (in fact, the area could use a few), but it’s still great. The amount of things you can do is ridiculous, and it’s all nicely concentrated within the new zone instead of thinly spread. At the same time, it encourages you to not stick to Labyrinthine Cliffs – Belcher’s Bluff and the kites encourage you to go out.

My favourite detail is probably showing parachutes fluttering in the wind, still attached to the kites that are bound to go down into Tyria proper. Of all items placed in the world, this is the first time since Halloween that they’ve been given an in-universe justification.

Thanks, ArenaNet.

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

This is definitely one of the most fun updates. I had a blast getting the sky crystals; I think that part was extremely well designed. I used dulphy for the last five or so, but for the majority I just looked around carefully and thought a little bit. The placement was logical, and the ways of getting them were tricky without being arbitrary or absurd.

The kite baskets were pretty fun too, as I hadn’t done all the jumping puzzles where they are. (I have the good fortune of a very peaceful obsidian sanctum; I understand why people get annoyed about that.) And the catcher pieces are pretty beautiful, so I guess the next thing is to figure out how to get a ticket for one of those.

Good job, Anet. So, why is this not PERMANENT?

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

My only problem was that there are not more crystals on the ship! I had to waypoint back to get the high jump crystal so many times

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Agreed, Labyrinth Cliffs is the best thing I have seen, whole update was just all good.

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I am also impressed so far.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: SafeFatNoob.3156

SafeFatNoob.3156

Something better than SAB, great work Anet!

I’m safe. I’m fat. I’m a noob.

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: TooNu.4530

TooNu.4530

I was blown away to see this place, it’s really awesome looking and has a great theme over all. Well done Anet

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: DelusionsOfGrandeur.9287

DelusionsOfGrandeur.9287

What I’ve seen of it looks awesome… but I suck at pretty much any game with jumping involved, so I keep dying before I reach the top…

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

This is my favorite patch so far. I love this zone, the music and the movement skills (which I’m still mastering, but having lots of fun trying to find the sky crystals without a guide)

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: BlazingZero.9702

BlazingZero.9702

I really appreicate ANet did lots of amazing stuff to enhance our gameplay experience, but I totally disagree with you in this matter.
They created a “new world” that requires players to have a good network, before he/she can enjoy the content.

Just imagine you’re using the “Lightning Pull” to sky-jump-roll to a certain location, and your character hangs at mid-air for 2 second and falls into abyss. How fun.

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I can’t even imagine how much content we will all have gone through 3 years from now. New content every two weeks? The quality just keeps going up. In 5 months ArenaNet will be wielding a Razor Sharp Scalpel of Game Designing and we will all be enjoying the fruits of that labor. Thanks so much for the hard work!

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: cuasilk.6927

cuasilk.6927

This is my favourite patch since release. The new map is amazing, and the achievements are a blast. The only thing I dislike is not having more crystals to get.

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: LeftStep.1976

LeftStep.1976

It’s all VERY cool. The rewards are somewhat lame to me (just skins, no rare items), but that’s just personal preference I suppose. I’ve never had more fun hating people than whilst doing the sprint. =P I really like the new methods of movement, the beautiful sights and sounds, and one fantastic Quaggan.

I don’t have any problems with the skills? A lot of people say its glitchy and buggy ~ but everything works just fine on my end… Maybe I’m just THAT. GOOD.

Thanks for the great content, yet again!

Black Charr | Shadow Of Hesher | Talya Of The Woods

Yak’s Bend ~ [TOG]

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I agree, this is the best patch I EVER had in Guild Wars 1 (counting from the beta back in july/august). YES, it even beat halloween!

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Best. Content. Ever.

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

I have little to complain about this new patch/LS content, aside from the usual “temporary” nature.. in it’s own way, it is challenging enough, so i hope it stays around longer than two weeks (by all means make a new content after 2 week,s just keep this one a little longer) so i can take time to master and accomplish the tasks. im just aiming for the 16 achieves for the quartz node, limited time that i have

I love the new jumping mechanics and challenges, though I wish it wasnt so severely hampered when lagging, jumps tend to fall short or over or miss outright when lag happens, and at such a place where we need to be precise this can get frustrating, but this is no fault of the content’s design, mind you.

getting scraps for weapon ticket is rather scarce, the boxes dont pop out as much as dragon coffers but overall mechanic seems steps ahead in preference over the dragon bash style of things. i spose if i cant get the stuff drops, ill just spend gold and get from gemstore the ticket scraps.

the design of the new area is quite inspired, and ppl say its like cantha, i didnt play gw1 so i hope heres to more cantha like stuff because i really like the atmosphere.