Short Story: The Trek of the Zephyrites

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/community-news/short-story-the-trek-of-the-zephyrites/

Why can’t this lore be explained in game? Most players who don’t visit the website.

How putting this in books, or in game mail. Or a scavenger hunt where player must collect book pages.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I just completed the Ebonhawke books scavanger hunt and had a blast. (I’m saving the Marriner Plaques for later when I read the novel.)

Yes, I’m totally up for more in-game scavenger hunts of this sort, and the kite ship would have been perfect for that.

+1

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

So… We’re actually using pieces of Glint in order to use this aspects? My God I’m using a dead dragon >.<

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/community-news/short-story-the-trek-of-the-zephyrites/

Why can’t this lore be explained in game? Most players who don’t visit the website.

How putting this in books, or in game mail. Or a scavenger hunt where player must collect book pages.

Most people don’t bother to talk to NPCs to learn about lore. If no one visits the GW2 website regularly, that’s their loss.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Most people don’t bother to talk to NPCs to learn about lore. If no one visits the GW2 website regularly, that’s their loss.

I don’t understand how it’s a good idea to explain some of the lore only outside the game.

This game needs a lore section in the hero panel. Kind of like the personal story section, but more in depth. Lore note would be collected and unlocked to read anytime in the hero panel. This like that miniture could also be stored their.

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

My favourite part:
“She was as old as the Shiverpeaks, older than the gods. None will ever hear her true name spoken properly. And so we will remember her only as Glint, the one and only dragon who fought the destruction of our world. While we live, she will never be forgotten.”

And to those who don’t bother to read, she will never be known in the first place. :P

@Ghost (3rd post): Not only are we using a dead dragon’s bits but I doubt they all came in similar sizes originally. That means they pain-stakingly carved up the remains. What nice people. Given they setup a scavenger hunt that encourages self-termination and have diving goggles at the prow of their air ship, one simply must assume that these people are psychos.

(edited by Joseph Skyrim.2470)

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Not only are we using a dead dragon’s bits but I doubt they all came in similar sizes originally. That means they pain-stakingly carved up the remains.

Dude cmon don’t make it worse on me T_T

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice