Stop implementing jumping pads / skills

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

With the bursty nature of the GW2 servers, server-side jumps are horrendously buggy. First it was the spring pads in the Aetherblade hideout that sent you in the wrong direction all the time, now it’s this Lightning Pull thing that constantly stalls midway through the jump, and Assisted Leap isn’t much better. It’s getting kittening expensive trying to do something as trivial as reach the top waypoint of the bazaar, because all too often these skills just don’t work properly, leaving you in midair over a very long drop.

If you’re going to do jumping puzzles, let players use the jump key and only the jump key. Dealing with the camera popping and odd collision boxes is bad enough without throwing connection problems into the mix.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Jumping pads, the stuff of my nightmares since the SAB…

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The majority of GW2 players live in either North America or Europe and thus are close to the GW2 servers. The latency issue isn’t a huge one (and events like Sanctum Sprint it actually benefits a lot of people) so I don’t think they plan to do anything about it. I wonder if the devs designing this content have experienced what it’s like to see your character teleport all over the place when you use the mushrooms/jump skills. Now we have them in sPvP. I saw one of the devs in an interview talk about how popular mushrooms were in SAB and they keep saying the “joy of movement” so if anything, we are going to get more of this stuff.