Thanks for the free achievement points

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

It ruins the fun for some people because they think those 500 points are the reason why they can’t feel superior to those who have them.

I already said so, what about people who started playing GW2 recently and can never catch up in AP to you, or never get a Fused weapon?

People who have HoM points or GWAMM title are being rewarded for considerable effort in a game that is linked to this one. This was announced years ago, long before GW2 started. And unlike temporary content in this game anyone can still get achievements in GW1.

But i think some people will just not get it and scream “unfair” if it’s something they do not have but others do.

But hey, people can always go back and look at their WoW achievements which they did while others played GW1.

Not sure if you’re talking to me or not, but I’m not sure any of that is applicable to what I’ve been saying.

It’s not about ‘feeling superior’ – I’m just going to miss the friendly competition with a couple of guildmates.

I’m also not screaming about it… I believe I’ve just made a couple of level-headed posts pointing out that I’m a little sad a small source of friendly fun has been removed as it’s no longer close to a level playing field between us (us being people I actually know and joke with about achievement points).

I’m definitely not saying people shouldn’t be rewarded for their GW1 achievements. I’m sure they’re very difficult and everyone who has them should be very proud.

I agree with you that it’s bad that people who start now can’t get a whole load of past achievements, in the same way that it’s bad that people who’ve never played another game can’t get everything in this one.

It’s also sad that my kids will never see Elvis in concert live. Such is the way of a living story though.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

It’s also sad that my kids will never see Elvis in concert live. Such is the way of a living story though.

Heh, I’ll email the Universe developers and ask them to reinstate temporary content if you will!

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Heh, I’ll email the Universe developers and ask them to reinstate temporary content if you will!

Or at least see if you can procure a Tardis, then I’ll be good.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Grimthagen.6019

Grimthagen.6019

Not sure if you’re talking to me or not, but I’m not sure any of that is applicable to what I’ve been saying.

It’s not about ‘feeling superior’ – I’m just going to miss the friendly competition with a couple of guildmates.

I’m also not screaming about it… I believe I’ve just made a couple of level-headed posts pointing out that I’m a little sad a small source of friendly fun has been removed as it’s no longer close to a level playing field between us (us being people I actually know and joke with about achievement points).

I’m definitely not saying people shouldn’t be rewarded for their GW1 achievements. I’m sure they’re very difficult and everyone who has them should be very proud.

I agree with you that it’s bad that people who start now can’t get a whole load of past achievements, in the same way that it’s bad that people who’ve never played another game can’t get everything in this one.

If it’s genuinely a problem for you, I don’t see why you and your friends couldn’t come to an agreement that, for sake of your AP competition, the HoM points simply don’t count. If it’s a friendly competition I’d imagine you can set your own rules and standards.

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

If it’s genuinely a problem for you, I don’t see why you and your friends couldn’t come to an agreement that, for sake of your AP competition, the HoM points simply don’t count. If it’s a friendly competition I’d imagine you can set your own rules and standards.

Of course! I expect I’ll just tease them forever for their dishonorable cheating by getting points from a completely different game ;p

I guess I’m just someone who likes a level playing field… I think if you buy a game you should be competing (on all levels, even unimportant stuff like achievements) on a level field with all other players, regardless of whether or not you or they have played other games in the past.

And the same goes for temporary content – I think that should be available to all players too, even somehow for latecomers.

I don’t think that should be particularly controversial, but some people seem to disagree.

I’m sure some will whine and QQ about these changes, but not everyone who disagrees with the changes is whining and QQ’ing… I think some of us have a reasonable point

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

50/50 in HoM and GWAMM title here.

While I was personally pleased to get 500 extra free points, I don’t see the logic behind it. It was a separate game from this one. I already got my achievement points, exclusive armor and weapon skins, mini pets, ranger pets and titles. Why the need to suddenly give me 500 more points?

The only thing I can think of is that it’s part of a restructuring to reward certain area more points for work done, such as PvP and WvW. In that case though, why not do it as one patch instead of annoying people who didn’t play Guild Wars 1.

And no, it is not realistic to tell Guild Wars 2 players to buy and play Guild Wars 1 in order to get these points. They were hard enough to get when there were lots of other players. Getting the points now would be much harder, for example, when you can’t buy minis, alcohol and sweets from other players as easily because they are no longer there. Much less the number of people available for groups is gone too.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

It just not ok for the people who never played gw1… how ppl who got high achievement points can get that 500 points? From playing ages gw1? Srsly its a joke…

Title and items are ok imo. 20 points too. But 500 is just to much.

Clearly YOU didn’t play GW1, those achievements are most certainly worth 50 points. These achievements we have in GW2 are child’s play compared to the GW1 achievements.

Posted by: LeftStep.1976

LeftStep.1976

I take my APs very seriously. I’m proud of each and every one of them.

Unfortunately, I was wasting my time playing ArchLord while all the coolkids were playing GW1, so I’ve got zip for HoM. I think if I had played, I’d be upset with how few points I got from it… I’m not upset at all with the change, even if it means my rank is pushed back a bit. Gotta give props to the vets!

The APs for throwing down the gold, time and tears to make a legendary are just silly though! Should be AT LEAST 50 points a pop IMO; and if anyone completes all tiers, ANet should fly them out to HQ for a party, before paying for gaming rehab. =P

Black Charr | Shadow Of Hesher | Talya Of The Woods

Yak’s Bend ~ [TOG]

Posted by: Bartho.7896

Bartho.7896

Actually it isn’t fair for those who haven’t played GW1. They are both totally different games, and shouldn’t be interrelated at all. Guild Wars 1 is still there, go play it if you want a “sense of achievement”. This isn’t an expansion pack!

I mean I would understand adding cosmetic gifts at the start for those who played GW1 as an incentive to start GW2, but you haven’t actually achieved anything in GW2 yet, and acquiring those points for playing another game doesn’t make sense.

Without us – us who supported GW1 since day one- GW2 wouldnt be possible. That is the biggest achievement ever.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Actually it isn’t fair for those who haven’t played GW1. They are both totally different games, and shouldn’t be interrelated at all. Guild Wars 1 is still there, go play it if you want a “sense of achievement”. This isn’t an expansion pack!

I mean I would understand adding cosmetic gifts at the start for those who played GW1 as an incentive to start GW2, but you haven’t actually achieved anything in GW2 yet, and acquiring those points for playing another game doesn’t make sense.

Without us – us who supported GW1 since day one- GW2 wouldnt be possible. That is the biggest achievement ever.

booyow

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

I don’t really see what’s unfair about this. You are more than welcome to go play GW1 and get those points. They are still available for you to earn if you want to compete.

I think the point is that it’s a whole different game. Presumably people were already rewarded in GW1 for their achievements there – why do they need to be rewarded twice, and in a whole different game to boot?

I don’t own GW1, and had enjoyed casually racing with my friends to see who could get the most achievement points. Now suddenly they’re pushed 500 points up, a gap I’m never going to realistically close (we have around 8000 points now so all the easy pickings are gone!).

I wouldn’t mind if they went off and did a bunch of stuff in GW2 and raced ahead of me. I’d be impressed and pleased for them.

But the fact that they’ve been rewarded (again) for things they did in a completely different game is a bit sad, and has removed the fun of that race for me.

I don’t want to give the impression I’m incredibly bothered by this – like I said this was just a little bit of extra fun, and it won’t affect my life too much at all. It’s just a pity that that extra bit of fun has gone!

(to those saying I should go buy GW1 and grind out the achievements there… that’s really not an option – why should I have to grind out stuff in a different game just to have a level playing field with my friends in this one? There’s plenty else to enjoy in this game so I’ll just enjoy all the rest, but I’ll no longer enjoy the friendly achievement race and that’s disappointing.)

You’re being a bit over dramatic, considering this game is now releasing new content every 2 weeks which we all know will come with more APs, 500 points total for these worked for and earned achievements in a few years down the line will be absolutely miniscule.

And no there wasn’t a reward for getting HoM points in GW1 itself other than titles and the promise that these points would REWARD those that got them in GW2

You have 8k points you should be proud of that feat (more than most, id go as far as say top 5-10%).

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

The dedication and loyalty of GW1 vets is a big part of why GW2 exists. I think that’s worth the new value. (One whole gold, wowee!)

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Aycee.1670

Aycee.1670

The 500 points means pretty much nothing in the grand scheme of things, it’s equivalent to 2 Living Story events which happen every 2 weeks. For those of you who never played Guild Wars 1, getting 50/50 is no CoF p1 Zerk Group farm, it takes a LOT of work. I played the original game since release and I am STILL currently finishing up my 50/50, and I’m pretty kitten excited for that last bump of 50 Achievement Points.

For those of you saying “Oh but Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2 are two different games! Boohoo!”, seriously wipe those tears off your face, stop and take a deep breathe, calm down and think about the situation before typing a response. Yeah they’re are two different games, but Guild Wars 2 was, from the beginning, always meant to be a continuation. This is proven by the Hall of Monuments, you achieve things in Guild Wars 1 and turn them in for rewards in Guild Wars 2. Proven by your Guild Wars 1 character names being reserved for you, so that you could continue your characters legacy in Guild Wars 2. Proven by the title of the game, Guild Wars 1 > Guild Wars 2.

Seriously, I promise you in a couple weeks you won’t even think about the extra 480 achievement points anymore. So why not just forget about them now and not even stress about it. Instead, turn that focus towards playing the game, having fun and earning achievement points along the way.

Posted by: Holy Whirlwind.2067

Holy Whirlwind.2067

I don’t own GW1, and had enjoyed casually racing with my friends to see who could get the most achievement points. Now suddenly they’re pushed 500 points up, a gap I’m never going to realistically close (we have around 8000 points now so all the easy pickings are gone!).

I wouldn’t mind if they went off and did a bunch of stuff in GW2 and raced ahead of me. I’d be impressed and pleased for them.

But the fact that they’ve been rewarded (again) for things they did in a completely different game is a bit sad, and has removed the fun of that race for me.

If this is all that is bothering you the answer is simple. Find out how many points your “friends” got from GW1 and subtract that out from the final tally. You can now go back to competing against them.

I’m usually including my friends and achieving points together when possible, not soloing against them. To me we both win and it usually goes faster but to each their own….hope this solves your small problem though.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I don’t really see what’s unfair about this. You are more than welcome to go play GW1 and get those points. They are still available for you to earn if you want to compete.

I think the point is that it’s a whole different game. Presumably people were already rewarded in GW1 for their achievements there – why do they need to be rewarded twice, and in a whole different game to boot?

Because that was the whole point of Hall of Monuments in GW1. It was supposed to give bennies in GW2 (not gw1) – these two things were tied together from the very beginning. HoM was supposed to be a bridge between first and second GW game, helping people to move over, and placating everyone disappointed that GW2 announcement meant in practice the end of GW1 development.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Because that was the whole point of Hall of Monuments in GW1. It was supposed to give bennies in GW2 (not gw1) – these two things were tied together from the very beginning. HoM was supposed to be a bridge between first and second GW game, helping people to move over, and placating everyone disappointed that GW2 announcement meant in practice the end of GW1 development.

Especially because as of a couple months ago they put GW1 on full auto to focus all their devs on GW2. Which is a disappointment to GW1 players as there was still several story elements that were previously promised. These extra achievement points may be a mea culpa to the players that will no longer be able to experience this content as it is no longer being developed.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Clearly YOU didn’t play GW1, those achievements are most certainly worth 50 points. These achievements we have in GW2 are child’s play compared to the GW1 achievements.

The dedication and loyalty of GW1 vets is a big part of why GW2 exists. I think that’s worth the new value. (One whole gold, wowee!)

Amen.

I personally feel that HoM should have more bonuses. There’s a thread in the Suggestion forum for just this topic:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Bonuses-for-50-50-HoM-players/first#post2388049

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Astralporing.1957

Tell me how them getting another box hurts you… I will wait.

HINT: It doesn’t

AP boxes give you Gold, Laurels, and Account boost, it will put some way above others

Hint: it still won’t take anything from you. A good CoF run will put others “above you” to a much bigger degree. First karka event chest dropping precursors was thousand times more significant.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

Yeah, I feel 50 AP each is a bit much.
You already get a unique title for doing so.

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Last I checked, servers for Guild Wars are still up and running. With the Heroes system, it is also a very single-player friendly game, but can of course be enjoyed with a friend or more. It is honestly still a very good game, dated mainly in the graphical department if you want to pick on it for anything.

I would actually recommend anyone who haven’t played Guild Wars, to at some point, take some time to enjoy and play that gem of a game. You’ll earn some Hall of Monuments rewards, and get some additional achievement points in Guild Wars 2. And the amount of story you can learn about/experience to make you appreciate GW2 even more, is at least to me, priceless.

I do understand of course that a large majority don’t want to play the “old game”, and wishes to focus on Guild Wars 2, I completely get that. But don’t write GW off completely just because we got GW2 now. As an example, you could casually play GW a little bit here and there when you are burnt out on something in GW2. With some planning, you can get 50 HoM points in about 3-4 months when just casually aiming for such things. Look for a sale at some point perhaps?

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Smooth Penguin.5294

GW1 is currently well polished, with balances being done over the years. You can hop in and experience the wonder and joy that started it all. Best of all, it’s pretty cheap! Buy the game, and EotN, and work on your HoM. Once you do, you’ll appreciate the perks you get in GW2.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I would even buy GW1 but I don’t have the cadence to play two or more MMORPGs at the same time.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Sigh. I knew this will happen once they announced the reward system for AP. Achievements in most games are something to be enjoyed by completionists and thats it. But now once they started to hand over shiny things for them, the constant QQ will start. HoM is just the beginning. From now on expect tantrums about every single achievement that is not easy to obtain. Meh. Even though I enjoy the rewards, I would be better if those rewards were never introduced in the first place.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

So … is this turning into “I don’t have those points so you shouldn’t either”? Cuz that’s what it looks like to me…

No, I think people just want a level playing field in this game.

And they can have it by going and playing GW1. There is a Hall of Monuments in GW2 and GW1. Fill it in GW1 and reap the rewards in GW2. It’s pretty simple, not to mention it is a GREAT game. People that haven’t played it will be doing themselves a favor by playing it.

Did you miss the part where I said “this game”? People shouldn’t have to go play another game to earn points in the game they are currently playing. Seriously, that’s a bit absurd.

I’m sure I would like GW1. But to play that would mean drastically cutting back on playing GW2. How does that make sense?

Lothirieth.3408

So … is this turning into “I don’t have those points so you shouldn’t either”? Cuz that’s what it looks like to me…

Do other people having more points than you hurt your rewards? NO.

Its awesome how as soon as rewards are introduced people start crying and trying to take things away from others. I never played GW1 and I could give a kitten if people who did get 500 or 5000 AP from them. It doesnt hurt me at all and it rewards longtime fans.

Have you missed the part where people were having friendly competitions? It seems so. I personally wasn’t though know people who were. I also fail to see any crying, but pretty reasoned and measured posts. Way to be hyperbolic?

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

I’m sure I would like GW1. But to play that would mean drastically cutting back on playing GW2. How does that make sense?

If someone joined GW2 1 month behind you, he is already behind by few hundred points which he will never get back. How does that make sense? What, he should have joined earlier? Well, then maybe you should play GW1 earlier as well?

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

It is quite possible they will change the reward amounts for other things too. This is a new reward system and they may reevaluate all the past rewards. If they do so, then the points will change again.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Constantine.7812

Constantine.7812

Ya thanks alot arenanet, you totally ruined the competive aspect of achievment points, been doing every daily and fighting for the other achievments aswell for quite many weeks now to climb the ranks and now i get pushed back 400ranks (from 34 to 47 on my server).
Altough i dont think HoM shouldn’t give any points just the titles i can accept a few points but 500points is just way to much for something that isn’t even in the game.

And no im not mad because you guys get gold and other bonuses, im mad because it now feel kinda pointless to try and catch up 500 points on the leaderboards.

i think somebody tries to sell more gw1 copies. this smells. changes like these shouldnt be made.

Lothirieth.3408

If someone joined GW2 1 month behind you, he is already behind by few hundred points which he will never get back. How does that make sense? What, he should have joined earlier? Well, then maybe you should play GW1 earlier as well?

And where did I comment on the fairness/unfairness of so many points being tied to dailies/monthlies? Oh wait… I didn’t.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

It’s simply loyalty to customers (with a side of “if you want the extras, go buy GW1 and play it”…still possible). It’s brilliant on several levels for ANet. Yeah, I get the sour grapes attitude of non-GW1 players, but some of the angst being vented in this thread is hard to believe.

Some players put WAY too much importance on an AP score (tho, in light of the recent rewards, I agree that the importance HAS been increased).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

Do other people having more points than you hurt your rewards? NO.

Its awesome how as soon as rewards are introduced people start crying and trying to take things away from others. I never played GW1 and I could give a kitten if people who did get 500 or 5000 AP from them. It doesnt hurt me at all and it rewards longtime fans.

@Kingzook – Pay to win?? What are they winning?

Some of you need to reevaluate your life if you think this is “unfair”, its a couple points in a video game. I would hate to see how you act in real life if this is causing you so much stress.

This is as sad as the people crying about dailies counting.

While I agree with what you are saying, I would like them to cap the daily rewards to the 5 you needed for the daily to prevent my OCD from forcing me to do all of them everyday

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Anyone who played GW1, and filled out their HoM knows that those 500 points are WELL DESERVED.

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I got Eye of the North for the purpose of getting Hall of Monuments points, but I seriously don’t enjoy GW1 and have been unable to push myself to play it and get those achievements. As such I think anyone who played GW1 enough to get all the points deserve all the recognition they can get, and when all together it’s really just giving them one more day to wait before they get all their chests, it’s not that big of a problem.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I got Eye of the North for the purpose of getting Hall of Monuments points, but I seriously don’t enjoy GW1 and have been unable to push myself to play it and get those achievements. As such I think anyone who played GW1 enough to get all the points deserve all the recognition they can get, and when all together it’s really just giving them one more day to wait before they get all their chests, it’s not that big of a problem.

awww you missed the golden years man, I started playing gw1 about a year and half before gw2 was released and maaaan, it was AWESOME!! i totally loved every moment of it, i still go back to play sometimes

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Sadly yes it is. Which is silly. If my friends suddenly got a bunch of ap I would be happy for them. I wouldn’t say “well that’s not fair, I want those rewards too”. Simple enough really, go earn them.

Are you telling GW2 players to go out and buy GW1 so that they can remain competitive in GW2? Don’t you realize how absurd that sounds, to tell us to buy another game?

Kal Spiro.9745

awww you missed the golden years man, I started playing gw1 about a year and half before gw2 was released and maaaan, it was AWESOME!! i totally loved every moment of it, i still go back to play sometimes

I played the beta for it, and while I thought it was pretty I couldn’t stant the gameplay even then, so I don’t think it has anything to do with when.

Sadly yes it is. Which is silly. If my friends suddenly got a bunch of ap I would be happy for them. I wouldn’t say “well that’s not fair, I want those rewards too”. Simple enough really, go earn them.

Are you telling GW2 players to go out and buy GW1 so that they can remain competitive in GW2? Don’t you realize how absurd that sounds, to tell us to buy another game?

Speaking of absurd, do you know how absurd you sound even asking that question that has nothing even remotely to do with what he said? First off, how exactly will 500 achievement points make you competative, such that their lack puts you out of the running? Is 1% karma and a gold coin really going to put you on the top of the charts?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Smooth Penguin.5294

Technically, it’s the same game, as both are connected by lore. For those who played GW1, and connect it to GW2, your new characters are descendants from your previous.

Posted by: Lady Minuit.3186

Lady Minuit.3186

For those saying people that played the original Guild Wars should not get rewarded this much, think about it that way… It is US the hardcore players who went and got their GWAMM and Champion Of The Gods titles that helped finance and support the new GW2. For years we were waiting and buying costumes, mercenaries and all kind of cosmetics. We have our input on the forums and our ideas for the new release and encouraged them to continue. Well you guys might think what happened before you were born doesn’t matter, but fortunately Anet don’t think that way and they remember and it’s all that matters.

Lady Minuit

(edited by Lady Minuit.3186)

Posted by: HunterFox.2578

HunterFox.2578

I have all the gw1 series and never really bothered to finish up my 50 points. Im just glad i got something in this game for continuing support of it. I also bought the collectors edition on preorder so i have a few things that not all of you have? I paod for it but im not saying its p2w, but its kinda like that dragon cake recipe. Those who supported anet by buying rich coffers were retroactively rewarded. Maybe unfair to some but i could care less. Same could be said for getting a “bonus” at your job when others didnt based on work/effort put forth.

Get your points, ill get mine and we’ll all get the rewards we earnedand worked towards. Some folks will just have the rewards quicker than you. Someone will also always either have it worse or better than you.

Cant wait to see the complaining if they implement rng birthday gifts haha.

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

It’s crazy how people can get so upset with rewards…even when ANet can decide how to reward players however they want. Achievements are rewards for things that the players have achieved.

I beta tested & played GW1…You know what I achieved? Funding of the development of GW2.

You’re welcome.

Thanks ANet for the points, the nod, and for both great games.

Kal Spiro.9745

Technically, it’s the same game, as both are connected by lore. For those who played GW1, and connect it to GW2, your new characters are descendants from your previous.

Alright, stop it, they’re not the same game. That’s like saying that Knights of the Old Republic and Star Wars Galaxies is the same game because they happened to be in the same universe.

GW1 is separated by GW2 by 300 or so years. They’re nothing alike thematically nor mechanically. They only exist in the game world, that is all.

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

Holy kitten , that explains the sudden boost! Lol

Hoopa doopa.

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

It just not ok for the people who never played gw1… how ppl who got high achievement points can get that 500 points? From playing ages gw1? Srsly its a joke…

Title and items are ok imo. 20 points too. But 500 is just to much.

No, it’s not too much. I didn’t finish HoM in GW1, but I plan on it. If you want the extra points, then do HoM.

Posted by: Shayne.2504

Shayne.2504

What reward was their in Guild Wars 1 for doing the HoM? Wife and I did the 30/50 for the skins (couldn’t care less about titles) but I did not get a reward in Guild Wars 1. The HoM was put there (pretty much EotN was put there) to bridge the gap between Gw1 to GW2, and so us old players that started GW1 on day one can carry on with our game.

Astralporing.1957

Would you tell someone that joined now, that to remain competitive he’d need to go back in time, because otherwise he’ll never be able to overcome older players’ advantage? Don’t you realize how absurd that is?

No, i’m not telling you to do either. I’m telling you that ap’s are not the way to be competitive in GW2. Even if it was a competitive game, which (except for pvp, which has a separate leaderboard list, not based on achievements) it simply isn’t.
Or are you saying that someone getting 200 points through doing jumping puzzles would make him better than someone who used that time to get only 100 points, but with WvW achievements?

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

this is working as intended.

we should ask for more points by the way.

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

Leaderboard for AP is ridiculous anyway. Its better if leaderboard for AP changed to leaderboard who finish first (who get the first legendary, get the first 250.000 WvW kills, get the first explorer title, etc). In addition of that leaderboard which: how many event that player had been done, less died in the game (and most died in the game), most crafting, most gold, the most influential player (wasted lot of gold for guild influence), etc (like in RIFT). These leaderboard will be better.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

and 50 points are a bad joke…

i mean 5 points are ok, but how can people get that points?

right! never! or it take ages…

You have that backwards.
Take a good look at how little time it takes just to get 25. Look at some of the latest Bazaar Achievements. Many of them are over 20 points and take much less than an hour to get.

Every HOM point over the first 5 or 6… literally took Days… each. Some took years.
(especially for ppl who got Ascalonion defenders in the early days, or Drunkard)

What reward was their in Guild Wars 1 for doing the HoM? Wife and I did the 30/50 for the skins (couldn’t care less about titles) but I did not get a reward in Guild Wars 1. The HoM was put there (pretty much EotN was put there) to bridge the gap between Gw1 to GW2, and so us old players that started GW1 on day one can carry on with our game.

Quoting for Truth.

Some very very very vocal minorities in this Forum want all of us to believe that HOM was only achievements that started and should have stayed in a in a “different” game. But those people are astroturfing every thread about it, and directly contradicting the entire Reason that Anet added the HOM. This is the truth, we got nothing out of these efforts in GW1. From the very beginning of 2009, it was only ever about carrying over our achievements from that game to this one. That’s Anet’s own words on it.

People who don’t like that… well… dunno what to tell them, except that maybe they should have done more research before buying this game, huh? I mean if they’re so hardcore about achievements, you’d think they would have read a little about past achievements to know what they were gettting themselves into, right?

(edited by ilr.9675)

Smooth Penguin.5294

Quoting for Truth.

Some very very very vocal minorities in this Forum want all of us to believe that HOM was only achievements that started and should have stayed in a in a “different” game. But those people are astroturfing every thread about it, and directly contradicting the entire Reason that Anet added the HOM. This is the truth, we got nothing out of these efforts in GW1. From the very beginning of 2009, it was only ever about carrying over our achievements from that game to this one. That’s Anet’s own words on it.

People who don’t like that… well… dunno what to tell them, except that maybe they should have done more research before buying this game, huh? I mean if they’re so hardcore about achievements, you’d think they would have read a little about past achievements to know what they were gettting themselves into, right?

Preach on bro. But still, there are those who don’t understand the reason for the Hall of Monuments. So I shall provide proof.

http://www.guildwars.com/products/eyeofthenorth/default.php

Quote directly from the page:

~Forge Your Legacy Now for Guild Wars 2™!

~Your own Hall of Monuments: a personalized trophy chamber where your achievements can become rewards for your Guild Wars 2 characters—only available in Eye of the North

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Yeah. Basically, GW2 is a continuation of GW1. It became GW2 because they could not make the expansion they wanted with the engine they had. Because that was shafting GW1 players out of everything we’d worked for, they gave us rewards for completing the last expansion and then jumping over to the new game.

GW2 is the expansion that GW1 players waited years for. You guys refused to play that game, and came in late. Just like anyone who joins late will always miss achievement points. This was /always/ known to be the case, that GW2 is the continuation of GW1 and that the players of the first would be recognized in 2 with special perks.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast