Total disappointment over this update

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

With all that….there should be no point to this thread at all. I’m sorry, but this is a VISUAL VIDEO GAME and it’s played ONLINE through US SERVERS.

You realise that it is actually marketed and sold in oceanic countries like Aust. and NZ, we haven’t just bought it online from the US. They market it and sell it in these countries they are obligated to provide a product that actually works in those countries when they connect to the US servers.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: BlazingZero.9702

BlazingZero.9702

skip

Do you realize they did sell this game in Hong Kong?

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

skip

Do you realize they did sell this game in Hong Kong?

I know they sell pirated games at street vendors in China as well. My point? None of the retailers in Hong Kong are “official”. A.Net has yet to launch or ship in China. Just because some businesses imported it to that country to sell to people, doesn’t mean that the product creators support that.

What A.Net HAS done in that region was the Closed Beta between May 2nd through May 9th, which was supported by regionally set up servers.

Posted by: BlazingZero.9702

BlazingZero.9702

I know they sell pirated games at street vendors in China as well. My point? None of the retailers in Hong Kong are “official”. A.Net has yet to launch or ship in China. Just because some businesses imported it to that country to sell to people, doesn’t mean that the product creators support that.

What A.Net HAS done in that region was the Closed Beta between May 2nd through May 9th, which was supported by regionally set up servers.

so what do you think about they didn’t block all IP addresses that are outside US?
Clearly they support players from all over the world.

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

so what do you think about they didn’t block all IP addresses that are outside US?
Clearly they support players from all over the world.

You’re not understanding my point and just seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing. So, let me try to be as plain as possible…

• Servers are only in select regions. These regions are key demographics for the customer base that A.Net aims for. These are areas that will have the absolute BEST connection to the server.
  • A.Net does not region-lock their game so as to not alienate players around the world, especially those that travel. However, regions not supported directly do not have server clusters and will have a longer latency. This is something that the customer should expect and not fault the company for (which this thread in fact DOES seem to be nothing more than a fault against GW2 for latency issues that someone in Hong Kong, a currently unsupported region, is having).

Clear enough?

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

I don’t understand why people whine so much about jump puzzles/jump related things in this game. I mean the game is so big, and this is one little aspect. And some people REALLY enjoy the jumping so sometimes Anet includes special jump puzzle achievements or jumping things in new content. Because that’s part of the game. And every time, people start whining about it and whatnot. I mean okay maybe jumping isn’t your thing, maybe something like a medical condition or bad connection actually messes with your jumping abilities. But for some of us who enjoy the jumping, I’m sure we all have something in the game we aren’t good at or don’t like. But I never see so many people complaining SO much about anything else as something like this. I just don’t understand why people feel they’re so special that because they personally don’t like/aren’t good at jumping, all jump-related content should stop being added/encouraged in the game. I mean personally I don’t like WvW much, but I’m not going to whine whenever they update it or promote it or when I had to get 500 badges for my legendary.

I understand maybe this new content, as a whole, may be difficult for people who aren’t good at jumping/have bad connection or whatever. But there are other things to do in the game if it’s really undo-able for you. But in general, this new content ISN’T impossible for the majority of players and you probably are able to participate in atleast some of it. Just try to enjoy what you can and remember it’s a game and it’s here to please all of the players, not just your specific wants/needs. And as other people have said, this is actually a really fun update. Just because your bad connection/eyesight whatever prevents you from enjoying it doesn’t mean that it automatically is dumb or bad or something.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Wait, you play this game constantly with a 1-2 second delay? I mean really? I would shoot myself, I mean you can’t play this game and doing content. BTW there are as well servers in Europe. I usually have a very low ping and it runs smoothly. I assume there will be some servers in Asia if they launch it officially there.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: arka.8590

arka.8590

The use of these movement skills has nothing to do with the quality of someones computer, or Internet connection. Latency is what matters. I have the fastest consumer Internet available on the planet but since I’m in Korea, my ping is too high for the skills to work correctly about 50% of the time. I’ve been playing since launch and this is the first thing high latency has ever impacted. This is not the same as jumping puzzles. High latency will not impact your normal jumping. I managed to get everything done but it was really frustrating to watch NA players hit #3 and land on a platform but when I hit #3, I overshoot the platform by 10 feet. I hope consideration for this kind of thing is kept in mind for future content.

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

Siphaed, If you check the thread for Bazaar latency issues, you’ll see that people from England and other supported parts of Europe are having severe latency, freezing and rubberbanding issues with the bazaar jump crystals as well. EU servers are definitely supported based on what you listed. I’m sure you and a few others here want to blast our HK friend with facts about how his region isn’t supported, but if he hasn’t had many problems with the game to this point, there just actually might be an issue with the new content and how it’s implemented on different servers. It would definitely be an issue if he hasn’t had problems with the jump puzzles in this game before. I’m inferring that he might have, however…

The cool part is others are actually offering solutions in this thread despite the tome-long “anti-whiner” whiner replies that are being left. Good on them. That said, I’m definitely supporting the living world team since they are gradually improving the user experience with each new event they come up with. There’s less costly RNG-based exclusive gem store items, more achievement-based rewards, less mandatory group dungeons for achievement-based rewards and tons of lore to keep people interested. But I don’t know, maybe forum arguments actually get Arenanet’s attention. Just ticks me off reading thoughtless responses.

(edited by johnsonade.9547)