2000 Gem Card

2000 Gem Card

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FAMISIL.1579

FAMISIL.1579

So i just bought a 2000 Gem Card and i would like to ask what would you guys buy? This is my first time with gems so i was thinking in buying the bank tab expansion and the collection expander since i am kinda of a hoarder, that leaves me with 400 gems, should i trade it for money or just leave them alone?

Thanks in advance.

2000 Gem Card

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’d wait until near the end of the month to see if they do any sales.

2000 Gem Card

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Yeah, wait until the 2 years anniversary – there will be most likely a sale.

And to answer your question:
I would buy some nice armor (you can use one piece of it to make your normal outfit more appealing), bankslots and characterslots and a makeover kit for special hair/face/eye styles.
But DONT buy the frking keys, they are only RNG based, so just buy them if you feel lucky, but don’t expect anything of them.

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

(edited by Dwaynas Avatar.1562)

2000 Gem Card

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I don’t think collection expander is worth it, especialyl with the alternatives. You could just dump any excess mats you get on to your alts (assuming you are not an alto-holic).

If you are a hoarder I definitely suggest character slots, and perhaps convert some of that gems to gold so that you could fund a personal guild bank for more storage.

2000 Gem Card

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Not sure what version of the game you have, but the upgrade to the Hero’s edition makes key runs a cake walk…..(if you are interested in investing time to earn BL keys….I would never suggest actually buying them).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

2000 Gem Card

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FAMISIL.1579

FAMISIL.1579

Thanks for all the replies, i think i will hate and see if there will be sale, thanks you all.

2000 Gem Card

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

After an initial disappointment phase, I like the collection expander. I would not buy more than one. The collection expander makes it a snap to move a full stack from the bank to your inventory for guild bank storage, forging, or whatever. I would get one of these, but only one.

I also love the salvage-o-matic. It saves a lot of time. Get one of these when it goes on sale (normally it is 800 gems but it has gone on sale twice for 600 gems).

2000 Gem Card

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

Not sure what version of the game you have, but the upgrade to the Hero’s edition makes key runs a cake walk…..(if you are interested in investing time to earn BL keys….I would never suggest actually buying them).

Could you explain how the upgrade edition helps? I’ve considered buying the deluxe upgrade, but didn’t see anything particularly useful in it.

2000 Gem Card

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

The bank access although it’s only for two weeks.

2000 Gem Card

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

Oh ok, I thought this was just a one off, but I see now from the wiki that you get one for each new character.

Presumably it just helps speed up dumping things to the bank before re-rolling?

2000 Gem Card

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

IMO the best purchase would be character slots, you can just make one of each class and use them to store stuff in their inventories (mules), so you don’t need as many bank upgrades. And, who knows, maybe in the future you will want to try those classes out, which is always a good ideea especially if you like PvP or WvW – the best way to learn how to counter a class is to play that class. And then you will already have them and they will be old characters with birthdays coming sooner and you will get more presents (that 24h bday booster is sooooo awesome).

Another good purchase are the everlasting farming tools, they are a perfect convenience item. Same goes for Salvage-o-matic and everlasting Royal Pass/Captain’s Airship Pass.

There are also some cool weapons and armors now and again (I just picked up the Magitech armor on sale for 600 gems).

Other than that, I would watch for sales for special items that are truly worth it. And you can always convert gems to gold if you need cash in-game.

2000 Gem Card

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

Oh ok, I thought this was just a one off, but I see now from the wiki that you get one for each new character.

Presumably it just helps speed up dumping things to the bank before re-rolling?

Also during the intro story instance so you can gear yourself up without having to run to a bank. It only shaves off a few min but is worth it if you plan to do a lot of key farming.