400 Minimum Gems is Way Too High

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

400 for the minimum gem purchase on the exchange is way way way too high. There needs to be a 200 gem option. Move the buy more gems button and put a 200 gem option there. I don’t care if you’re about to go bankrupt because no one is paying you cash now, there’s no excuse to make 400 the minimum. It’s game killingly cruel to do this. I’d rather see Anet living in boxes under a bridge than support you with cash until this is fixed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

no what they need to do is revert this change and go back to the original design, its horrible and people shouldnt be forced into buying more gems than they need.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

like thats going to happen lol

this is a cash grab nothing more. i think it should be a little more give and take instead of all take. 400 is unacceptable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarkMagister.7429

DarkMagister.7429

You know, in a game I played before, developers also thought like that “we need money, players’ views are irrelevant”. Ended in the players’ way. Because these are players who “pay for the music”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I’m rly mad about this change. What the hell. What if I need only 1000 gems for server transfer? Why do I need to pay for 1200 gems?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

I’m rly mad about this change. What the hell. What if I need only 1000 gems for server transfer? Why do I need to pay for 1200 gems?

This is exactly what they want. Some players will spend those extra 200gems on small purchases like boosters or black lion keys instead of saving them the next time they plan to use gems. So the next time they exchange gems, instead of already having 200 from there last exchange they wont, and then have to exchange for more, making anet more money from purchases. Not everyone will do this but a small percent will, and anet will make money from that small percent that doesn’t know how to save gems. So Anet is screwing us all over by this exchange to make a bit more money from the minority.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

This game is getting worse and worse

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Legionnaire.1586

Legionnaire.1586

This game is getting worse and worse

Couldnt agree more, its all about the money.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I’m now stuck with 1 gem forever on my account!

I was going to exchange for 9 gems to make it 10,
or 19 for 20
or 29 for 30
or 39 for 40
or 49 for 50
or 59 for 60
or 69 for 70
or 79 for 80
or 89 for 90
or 99 for 100 even?

Now I can’t even even out an of number of gems anymore.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Voramoz.6790

Voramoz.6790

This change is exploitative and point blank disrespectful to players’ time and money. It is bad customer service and we should all be upset about it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

Ive just noticed this too i only want 200 gems but need to buy a min of 400?

Besides im the type of person that doesn’t like like to spend large sums of gold all in one go. What i used to do was over time spend a few gold every few days, say 7g 1 day, perhaps 2 days later 10g and 2 days later 4g etc etc, and build up a chunk of gems over time in-case there was anything i needed and now still sticking by my merits of not spending large sums all in one go, i will now be forced to buy less from the Gem store.

Just out of curiosity, what was wrong with it before hand that needed a change this big? I agree it could have done with a little more user friendly tweaks but nothing this drastic.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

I like the new layout. But yeah you need more diversity in options.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Braghez.7529

Braghez.7529

Ye…I guess what 100 gem exchange is needed…still I kinda understand (as a gem buyer with cash) that sometimes it’s really stupid when you need something for 400-500 and you can charge only 800…it’s not even gold…it’s real cash…I guess you ll have to keep it just like i kept my extra gems till now after every purchase XD (for people who have sums of gems like 94 or so, I think Anet have to give you the rounded amount in excess if you contact the support)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

As someone who only ever buys gems with cash, this change honestly doesn’t affect me in the slightest. But I do know enough about marketing strategies to recognise the trick being used, and I agree that the new system could stand to be more flexible. A sliding scale of gems/gold would be ideal, but something as simple as introducing lower denominations would also work.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: anarionthemighty.7540

anarionthemighty.7540

Yep. Just plain stupid and a backwards step. Why not let us exchange gold for the number of gems THAT WE ACTUALLY WANT. I would quite like to buy another 189 personally. NOT buy 400 and sell back the extras at a loss

Anet change this back!!!!

No one thinks this was a a good move

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Just saw this.

My GOD devs, quit throwing out the baby with the bath water. Players have asked for ways to buy a specific number of gems but in addition to the previous method of specifying an amount of gold to convert. NOT one over the other.

For the longest time I’ve bought a tiny amount of gems every day with more on Monday and Thursday nights in anticipation of a spike if something good comes out on a Tuesday or Friday, now I can’t do that anymore because it was normally in the 30 to 150 gem range. Now that’s gone for me.

You are punishing players like me who save a little everyday in gems to avoid the inevitable rate spikes. Now I’m forced to buy gems in bulk. How did the old method harm you? Too many players “querying” the system in an attempt to buy an exact amount of gems? It seems you are intentionally trying to limit us in buying gems with gold by only allowing us to by these fixed amounts.

Are you so desperate to herd us to spend cash that you are trying to eliminate the convenience of the Gem Exchange? Wasn’t the increase in rates not doing it for you?

It’s as if you are channeling a Djinn and take what seems on the surface to be reasonable QoL fixes and suggestions and twist them into something nobody was asking for.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: seineith.7048

seineith.7048

It’s sad, but it’s a clear sign that Anet has no respect for their player base. The simple UI is eye-catching, but beneath the pretty outer layer is an almost predatory moneygrab. It makes me seriously uncomfortable that I have to keep grabbing for excuses to continue to support this game, despite the fact that almost every single action they make in this game is a lie: they have no desire to build a game to actually be played and enjoyed, they only seek to pinch pennies. It’s pathetic, and I won’t be making the mistake of purchasing gems again.

NERDKITTEN | ICE TI
http://twitch.tv/nerdkitten

(edited by seineith.7048)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Why for heck’s sake is it a money grab. We are talking about in game currency not cash and the minimum is half of the minimum number of gems when paying with cash. If they needed 100-300 gems to buy that item and had enough gold for that but not for 400, they most likely aren’t going to fork over real money just to get it. I would be so POed that I would never spend another dime of real money.

By adding these fixed tiers, they are simply going to increase the drive to “beat the system” by forcing players into play styles that aren’t fun, but a means to simply generate as much gold as possible to reach the next tier. And those who can’t, will simply stop playing rather than be “forced” to fork over cash.

When players suggested to make the game less casual, this isn’t what they meant.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I’m not as upset by these changes as some of you are, I’m almost certain that “monetization optimization” has played a part in it. Marketing research has shown conclusively that, when forced to purchase larger sums of tokens, people will end up spending more so as not to “waste” their excess tokens. Since I’m generally happy to sit on excess gems until something new comes up that I want to buy, this doesn’t bother me, but I can see why a lot of you would find this deplorable and manipulative.

And don’t get me wrong, I’m on your side. I DO think that the system should be more flexible so that players can buy/sell the exact number of gems they want.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

At the very least the ability to sell all our gems. As for buying I could settle for manual buying in increments of 100 gems.

While “monetization optimization” is all well and good but this will end up pushing players into doing content that delivers the most gold possible in the time a player has to play and away from content they may want to play, thus annoying if not alienating them. If they want to push out moderate play time players out of the game, this is an effective way.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: seineith.7048

seineith.7048

Agreed @Behellagh. Although an ideal goal would be choosing the exact number of gems you want, and paying accordingly, I feel these changes would have gone SO much better had it been in simple increments of 100. Don’t put things on the gem store that cost far less than the base purchase of 400 gems if you’re not going to give players the option to buy the only thing they want.

NERDKITTEN | ICE TI
http://twitch.tv/nerdkitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: qazone.1062

qazone.1062

I agree. Beeing able to buy min 400 gems is terrible idea….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Hi everyone,

We already have a thread dedicated to this topic here.

Therefore, we’ll now close this one in order to avoid duplicates and invite you to repost your comments, questions and concerns in the thread linked above.

Thank you!