9/19 TP outage and how it has affected my gameplay today

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: shipwhreck.9167

shipwhreck.9167

So last night around 9pm CST I’m about ready to call it a night and I decide to buy the next piece of my Khilbron’s Set from the Trading Post.

Previously, I had put a buy/bid price on a difference piece of the set at 5g50s. I decided to cancel this bid and immediately purchase Khilbron’s leggings for 8g50s.

Here’s what I experienced:

9/19

*Click cancel on the bid I put on a piece of khilbron’s
*Search for Khilbron’s set
*Find Khilbron’s Leggings 8g50s. click purchase….nothing happens.
*I search again for the leggings and click purchase (still available for 8g50s.) Nothing happens.
*I search again for the leggings (still available at 8g50s) and click purchase.

this may or may not have happened one or 2 more times.

I notice the wheel is still spinning so I decide to wait on it.
*one minute later the transaction times out and says *"Error the item you are trying to purchase is no longer available at that price point"
or something to that effect.
*I decide to check reddit and low and behold people are saying the TP is down.
*I decide to give up and log for the night. At this point my gold is still on my character and there are no gold/items for pickup.

9/20

5:45am CST

*I log into the game before work and see that the TP/gem store are still down for maintenance.
*I check to see if my gold is still in my bags, it is.
*I check to see if the item I tried to purchase or the gold from the canceled bid are ready for pickup, they are not.
*log and leave for work.

4:00 PM CST

*check to see if item/gold is ready for pick up. The canceled bid is available for pick up, but khilbron’s leggings are not.
*check my bags…..26s remains.

TLDR; The Trading Post maintenance triple/quadruple charged me for an item i didn’t receive. At no point during my trying to make the purchase did I receive a confirmation saying “success.” Even if I receive the pair of Khilbron’s leggings I purchased for 8g50s I’m still missing roughly 20g.

Needless to say I doubt whatever maintenance is being performed on the TP is going to fix this issue. I’ve opened a ticket, but it will probably be days before I hear back (and will probably be a canned answer.)

Don’t let this happen to you!

-Cheers

Shipwhreck

Please remember to stay respectful in this thread as the goal here is to get help from the developers and not have them lock the thread

UPDATE
Still waiting on the support ticket as of 5:30AM CST on 9.21.12 (to be expected)

25.5 gold is missing and I have no items to show for it. Further, “Items I’ve bought” only lists 1 pair of leggings being purchased, but I was charged for 4 of them.

9.21.12 3:52PM CST

*No response to my ticket 120920-005177
*Still no response from devs anywhere on the forums to the massive amount of people reporting issues similar to my own.

9.22.12 4:16PM

I have received an official response. I’d like to divulge the information with the vast majority of the public as the manner in which my support ticket was handled is so far from acceptable it isn’t even funny.

HOWEVER. I have made them aware of the poor customer service and am giving them a chance to rectify the situation in a reasonable amount of time.

THAT SAID. If I don’t hear anything back within the next few days I will proceed to seek rectification through other means.

Keep at it everyone! Try and stay positive!

I’ve chosen to make all of this information publicly available due to the response I received from customer support this evening. Feel free to read about (And Upvote) it here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10dayx/arenanet_responding_to_trading_post_problems_and/

(edited by shipwhreck.9167)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

it’s obviously put your offers in meaning when it’s backup just cancel the offer… not really hard to understand

in Black Lion Trading Co

shipwhreck.9167

The problem is they weren’t bids. I canceled a bid I had made several days ago. I tried to purchase the leggings for the price they were listed….no bidding involved.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flowen.9014

Flowen.9014

Thanks for the heads up, something like this has happened to me in the past and it sucks. Hopefully everything will resolve its self in the end. Fingers crossed

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geckilian.6813

Geckilian.6813

I had something similar- ordered 10 unidentified dyes and nothing happened. I figured the TP was somewhat borked again so logged off for the night. Earlier today I logged on and found that all my gold was gone and there were 200 dyes ready to be picked up.

Needless to say I was a tad surprised, and spent a couple of hours selling them in Lion’s Arch and chatting to those who bought them to gamble. Enjoyable, but ridiculously time consuming.

in Black Lion Trading Co

shipwhreck.9167

Bummer. I’d hate to log in later and find that I have 3 or 4 pairs of leggings in my pickup window. Moreover, I don’t see how that would be possible considering I was only trying to buy the leggings for 8g50s, but there was only 1 pair available at that price……

I hope ANet takes some accountability and fixes stuff like this. I have faith in them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Idiom.3158

Idiom.3158

That’s pretty bad, but not the worst that has happened. Guildy lost 3k gems cause it just kept charging him for whatever he bought (I think it was 1 set of 5 keys?) and the game just took all his gems, but zero items.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

You know what? Don’t even bother bringing it up again. Just let it die and bring back the old direct trading system.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

just like before people will be compensated.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: John Smith.4610

John Smith.4610

Items and Gold are never lost, the maintenance may have caused a delay in your orders. When the TP is back up just look out for those orders.

in Black Lion Trading Co

shipwhreck.9167

@ john smith

The problem is that I only ordered 1 pair of khilbron’s leggings. Last night only 1 pair of these leggings was listed at 8g50s yet I’m out for 3 or 4 of them.

Will the gold that is missing be added to the pickup window? or do you think I was somehow charged for the next available pricing of leggings even though there was no indication that was the case?

in Black Lion Trading Co

shipwhreck.9167

!http://i.imgur.com/EPNKE.jpg!

This is what I get after the TP is back up and running. 1 khilbron’s legs purchased for 8g50s. There are no legs (probably delayed which is fine) but i’m still out almost 20 gold.

Looking for advisement on how to proceed.

BTW thank you for taking the time to read my post and respond it is much appreciated.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MrPicklez.6473

MrPicklez.6473

I have the same issue, luckily not to the extent of the above poster. I tried purchase 148 orichalcum ore, and did so twice. Six gold was removed from my bags. One time when the trading post came up, I received exactly half of this gold back. I’m currently waiting, and hoping, to get the other half of the gold back, or at least the ore. I’ve checked my offers and items bought tab, but see nothing aside from the 148 ore I purchased seconds ago.

Is this just a matter of time for the orders to be processed, or should I not expect to see this gold again?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mooshke.5394

Mooshke.5394

I dont get how people got their items, im left with all my gold eaten and no items recieved (pick up list is empty) my transaction list (items i bought) shows i bought, (to many may i add) since it said no match in current listing, refresh and try again. which i did. So lost gold and no items, does TP still has to catch up with all the orders and will i get it sometime?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Quicksilver.1578

Quicksilver.1578

This is what I get after the TP is back up and running. 1 khilbron’s legs purchased for 8g50s. There are no legs (probably delayed which is fine) but i’m still out almost 20 gold.

BTW thank you for taking the time to read my post and respond it is much appreciated.

Have you looked in the I’m buying filter? It maybe have put them on as orders.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zaerk.2305

zaerk.2305

@ John Smith

Hi. Have you processed all transactions now? Because I cancelled 20-30 gold worth of buy orders yesterday and it has now disappeared. And just incase yes I am certain that it hasn’t been refunded.

(edited by zaerk.2305)

in Black Lion Trading Co

shipwhreck.9167

Have you looked in the I’m buying filter? It maybe have put them on as orders.

Yes, I’ve checked this. There is nothing under items that I’m buying.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tatumi.8654

Tatumi.8654

Still waiting to receive the gold from buy orders I cancelled this morning, there was only 3 silver in pick up

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Logun.5360

Logun.5360

John,

What about bids that were canceled as the TP went down? I’m out 25g, the TP appears to be back up but there is nothing in my pickup box…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TobZero.6902

TobZero.6902

I have the same issue as most here.

Yesterday there was a short time inbetween the tp downtimes. In that time i tried to buy stuff of the tp and got the error all time. when i logged in today my gold was gone.
Now that tp is back up i have nothing: no items to pick up, no gold.

Im talking about ~22g here…..

this NEEDS to be fixed

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mach.6917

mach.6917

Same thing happened to me. I had gotten errors while trying to buy Globs of Ectoplasm and Vicious fangs off the BLTC and at the time of the errors money was never taken away then later on i noticed im missing some gold but cant check anything cause BLTC is down then it comes up. I was expecting the orders that said error in buying to be in the pick up window and they aren’t i checked my items ive bought tab and its showing 13 Glob of Ectoplasm and 5 vicious fangs that i bought cause it kept saying error when trying to buy them. So golds missing its saying i bought these items when it gave me a error and no items to pick up. I hope its just a delay in them showing up or w/e but if not you guys need to look into this stat.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zaerk.2305

zaerk.2305

I hope it is just a delay in transactions being processed. However I noticed this the last time the trading post went down and I believe at that time I lost another 10 gold. Not much in the scheme of things but it would be nice to know either way whether or not this is being looked into.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Juris Doctor.9842

Juris Doctor.9842

Tarnished Coast [US] | Kerrick – Guardian

in Black Lion Trading Co

shipwhreck.9167

I hope it is just a delay in transactions being processed. However I noticed this the last time the trading post went down and I believe at that time I lost another 10 gold. Not much in the scheme of things but it would be nice to know either way whether or not this is being looked into.

something tells me that there is more than just a “delay” going on here. As I said in my original post….

I paid for 1 pair of leggings at 8g50s this shows up in my “Item’s I’ve bought” tab after the TP went back up, and while the leggings haven’t showed up and I’m positive this part is a delay, it doesn’t account for the fact that I was charged 3 times over for the legs…..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Yep, TP back up with transactions that occured most likely AFTER it went back up, I have stuff I purchased and canceled during the up/down/up/down lag period yesterday and they have not shown up yet!

How long do we have to wait until ticketing it? I’m out about 6-7 gold right now

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mach.6917

mach.6917

Can we get a better detailed response? I know about this delayed delivery thing because it happened to me during the first set of issues with the TP near release and everything got delivered the minute it came back up. Now we have tons of people who have lost money during the time the tp was up yesterday in between it crashing and having errors. It shows the items ive bought in the bought tab but nothing is in the pick up tab if it really is delayed how long should be expect to wait? an hour 5 hours 10 hours? Imo its more of an issue then it being delayed like something went wrong in the code and it took our money and never sent out the items because if it can show up in the items ive bought tab and take my money then why isnt it showing up in the pick-up tab just as quickly? Really need to know whats going on if you guys are looking into it or if it takes more than an hour to receive items. All these errors while buying happened for me 16 hours ago from what the trading post says i ordered all these globs of ecto that i never received and money was taken for.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Spoolooni.6712

Spoolooni.6712

I’m still missing the gold from the orders I cancelled, this is not something to be casual about. there goes my poor 26 gold..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

I put up a buy order for 3 identical pieces of gear.

The buy order is gone, it lists the items 3 times under “items bought” but I only got one of them in my trading post pickup.

The item isn’t stackable so there’s no way I got the other 2.

This has happened at least a dozen times before, it probably happens every time I buy multiple of the same non-stackable item like a piece of equippable gear and the buy orders get filled at the same time. Probably lost at least 50 gold from this because I like to put up buy orders in bulk.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Logun.5360

Logun.5360

I’m suspecting they will just say tough luck, at which point, I’ll find something else to do with my time. I’m sure they could care less since they already have my $50 from my prepurchase, but you can bekittensure that I’m not going to invest anymore of my time into something that just wipes out my money like I buying IPO Facebook stock.

in Black Lion Trading Co

shipwhreck.9167

I’m suspecting they will just say tough luck, at which point, I’ll find something else to do with my time. I’m sure they could care less since they already have my money, but you can bekittensure that I’m not going to invest anymore of my time into something that just wipes out my money like I buying IPO Facebook stock.

try and stay positive…it has only been a few hours. I’m sure we’ll hear a response one way or another.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: yasef.5824

yasef.5824

more tahn 40 gold missing here, i order orichalc yesterday and 27 gold dissapeared, no items no gold back and i sold many items for like 20 gold and the items were sold and 0 gold in the trading post, i invested my time and money in jewels in this game am very upset over 40 gold missing 0 answers and the trading post is back, sorry for my english am from south america

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fidd.7924

Fidd.7924

Same problem, tried to buy some items and transactions always failed, later 5g disappeared. later that day spent my remaining 2g on transactions that did go through and no items or money in my pick-up as of right now (about 24 hours after the last transaction).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: flayde.8123

flayde.8123

This happened to me – I tried to buy large fangs and when I clicked the buy button nothing happened so I clicked a few more times and gave up. When i relogged the next day I had 20s left in my inventory and 200+ fangs in the trading post waiting for me. Whats worse is that Fang prices have gone down since then so I can’t even sell them without taking a loss

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jericho.4258

Jericho.4258

@ John Smith

I had a similar issue the other night, I bought some stuff and never received it and sold some stuff that was removed from my inventory but never posted. I filed a bug report and went to bed. This evening when I logged on I was still out 2gold minimum from attempted and failed purchases and 4 items approx. 30 silver in value that I attempted to post on the BLTC. I filed another bug report… Is there anything more I should do?

~Warbrek~ Level 80 Norn Warrior
~Josiah Jericho~ Level 80 Human Thief

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LED Head.2439

LED Head.2439

I’m suspecting they will just say tough luck, at which point, I’ll find something else to do with my time. I’m sure they could care less since they already have my money, but you can bekittensure that I’m not going to invest anymore of my time into something that just wipes out my money like I buying IPO Facebook stock.

try and stay positive…it has only been a few hours. I’m sure we’ll hear a response one way or another.

I would ticket this in game and explain only what needs to be said that is that that you attempted to buy the item and got charged for more than one of them without actually getting the item you paid for.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

Did some more testing with this.

I put up a buy order for a piece of gear, the amount I put is 3, 20 silver each.

I lose 60 silver from my inventory.

The buy orders are quickly filled, I check my “items bought” list, the item appears 3 times. I go to the trading post NPC, the item only appears once in the pickup list, I select pickup all, I only have one of the item in my inventory, I but lost 3*20=60 silver, meaning 40 silver vanished into thin air.

I tried it again, but this time I put up 3 seperate buy orders for 3 different prices. One order for 20 silver 1 copper, one for 20 silver 2 copper, one for 20 silver 3 copper.

When the buy orders are filled, I go the the NPC, and I pick up 3 items, so I have the same item 3 times in my inventory meaning this does work properly if you use separate buy orders or if they have different prices.

in Black Lion Trading Co

shipwhreck.9167

I will continue to post updates at the top until the issue gets resolved. Hang in there everybody and stay positive.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cub Discus Gig.2176

Cub Discus Gig.2176

I am missing massive amounts of gold from sales, which is stopping me from playing without a huge inconvenience. I literally cant teleport to higher level zones to grind cash, and I cant sell anything to get cash because the money doesnt arrive from a sales.

Weird thing was it was working for me at 4am this morning (while everyone was having problems) but I logged off and checked this morning when I woke up and Im now officially broke, with lots of assests that cannot be sold…humph.

Killed Again / Jade Sorrow
Underworld
www.valourgaming.com

in Black Lion Trading Co

yasef.5824

ill keep this post alive cause am still missing over 40 gold in itemas and cash i feel robed i waste real money in gems here and many of my time to loose evrything for a bug that isnt my fault

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tallenn.9218

Tallenn.9218

Items and Gold are never lost, the maintenance may have caused a delay in your orders. When the TP is back up just look out for those orders.

I had nothing in my pick up section when the TP came back up. No need to go into the details, as I have explained them in my support ticket. The question I have for you sir is, will we be getting back gold or items lost due to an in-game bug such as this?

Regardless of your statement, those order did not in fact get filled. The TP accepted my money it seems, but did not ever deliver my goods.

in Black Lion Trading Co

yasef.5824

same issue the money accept m money , like 25 gold in orders and filled 1 order like 2 gold, then 0 items arrivesd when the tp is back and los over 20 more gold in sold items and that money never arrived

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xethos.3179

Xethos.3179

Hmm cindas if you lost it because of their maintenance you might have a chance. Otherwise…. I feel for you man.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wise.6452

Wise.6452

Yea same thing happen to me I am missing 14 gold . Nothing in my pick up box and I have all ready posted in another thread as well . And to John Smith if gold is never lost where did it go? and If there is a delay how long? Its been over 24 hours now and there is nothing in my pick up tab and no record on anything i tried to buy on the trade post But as soon as the trade post was back up my14 gold is missing from my inventory
Not only did I pay 60 bucks for a game I have also used real money for gems and in game gold for gems. So a simple pm saying were looking into it would be nice

in Black Lion Trading Co

yasef.5824

same pal i invested 60 dollars and 90 in gems cause i love economy and lost over 40 gold here… where is it?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tallenn.9218

Tallenn.9218

Hmm cindas if you lost it because of their maintenance you might have a chance. Otherwise…. I feel for you man.

The other evening, I pressed “Trade” for gold to gems and it gave me a red bold error message. No gems and no gold taken. I had all my gold until after the TP came back up. After it came back up, my gold vanished and still this morning I have 0 gems.

I took a screenshot, but I am 100% certain they will not resolve the problem. Infact, even if they did, that would create a new problem of not being consistent with their message to others that have lost items.

I am done playing this game. It has way too many bugs. Guilds bugged, personal story bugged, spvp traits corrupt, DE/SP getting stuck, and now it simply takes your gold away from you that took you almost a month to play for . . . shrug their loss, not mine.

I had the same thing. Clicked Buy, and got an error. It’s not that it didn’t do anything. It actually gave me an error, so I clicked Buy again. Again, got an error. I tried closing the TP and reopening, re-searching for the item When the TP came back up, I had no item a 3rd time, same error. The TP went down for maintenance about 10 minutes later. When it came back up last night, there was nothing in my pick up window, and my inventory showed 70 silver, where I have more than 5 gold the night before. The item I was trying to buy was about 2g 50.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wise.6452

Wise.6452

up date after removing a 2g75s bid I had up . When i went to remove it the rest of my gold decide to show up. So if you guys have any bids up remove them and see if you get all your gold back

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mooshke.5394

Mooshke.5394

What about items you bought (way to many times, cuz of bugged out TP) its been few days now, still no items or gold. Should have catched up by now?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Spoolooni.6712

Spoolooni.6712

Ok wise, It didn’t work for me but good for you anyways.

@Mooshke, I’m having the same issue as you I’ve cancelled 6x orders and a few other items that I’ve mistakenly ordered more than 5 times, in result, I have not history on the products I’ve ordered as my gold was supposed to ARRIVE to my pick up. I feel this debacle is straying too long and for an unresolved issue especially regarding the player’s time and effort? I honestly thing it really should have caught up by now like what you said.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

Well it took 12 hours, but the custom orders finally appeared and I was able to cancel them and retreive the gold that had “disappeared.” Phew. Make sure to recheck the “Items I’m Buying” filter every 6-12 hours.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

So right now it has been over 48 hours since my gold went missing and over 12 hours since the TP is up, I still haven’t received my gold.

- Placed some order before TP went down on the 19.
- Money was taken out almost 2 hours later when the TP was already downed.
- TP was back up briefly. Saw my order, canceled it, no refund and TP went down again for almost a day.
- TP is now back up and working for over 12 hours, and I still haven’t got my gold.

Please we need some concrete explanation on this. Like I said the TP has been up for over 12 hours now, so the assurance of it will be ok when it’s back up is not very assured right now.

(edited by Abriel.4103)