Add more Armor Skins, Weapon Skins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JDSnype.1458

JDSnype.1458

Alright, the total makeover kits, dyes and backpacks are alright but how many others will have the time to zoom to your character to see what eye colors you currently have?
Or even have a care what is your hairstyle when most of the time your character wears a hat/helmet?

I find it surprising that it will be almost a year since released and there is little cosmetic options available in the cash shop. I suggest that there should be more, especially armor skins with different variety of designs. I am willing to bet that many people will spend money to get their characters looking more a bit different from others, because let’s be honest, aside from the dye color changes, most current armor designs almost look identical to each other unless you reach the end game stuff.

Maybe I am exaggerating a bit, but fact is, there is only 3 armor skins available and they are exclusive to job specific.s. I expect more, the cash shop is after all they way the company makes extra money.

I know it will gain more revenue because I witness other games, even an old F2P, gains a lot of profit and still running as of today because the customers will actually spend to make the character they play stand out from others.
(ex.Perfect World/Maple story).
So my question is, will there be more armor variety in the future that can be bought in game(events,quest) and by a cash shop?
How about Weapon Skins?

(edited by JDSnype.1458)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Myself and a slew of others have been requesting armor and weapon skins to be added to the gem store to buy for at least 4-5 months, though I’ve also seen some people politely requesting since week 1 of launch.
Don’t hold your breath :\
6 months later and there is still a huge opened seam across the abdomen of several of my female characters. Some of them the seam was “fixed” in the front simply by them moving the seam to the lower back of the models. New armor skins won’t matter much to the appearance of my characters when their torsos are floating above their waists. :\

This isn’t the best shot I have of the seam, but it shows my point. It’s much, much worse on my Sylvari females.

Again, it would be extremely awesome to have some gem store skins made available for armor and weapons. I have 8 characters myself, and can easily grab a few more slots for new characters that I’d be keen to outfit with new styles. I have seen some people with 30+ characters (yes, over thirty) so I know you and I are not alone in wanting some more choices in their appearances. But, don’t hold your breath. :\

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

A LOT of people have been asking for new armor skins, as the poster said. But Anet hasn’t delivered on anything like that except for town clothes. I don’t really understand this at all, because armor skins are often the most popular items in a cash shop, I don’t know if that’s the case here because they’ve only done 1 set per armor type and they’re not all that great compared to most other skins. And I haven’t found a developer response on this anywhere, either. It doesn’t feel like they really care about that type of thing and would rather continue adding town clothes. O_o.

I would of expected there would of been like 4 or 5 or more armor skin sets per class type this far into it’s 1st year, like I said that’s usually a huge driving force in getting people to use an MMO’s cash shop.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I’m certainly all for more skins.

Given the nature of the game which always seemed to have a longterm goal of getting items with a cool cosmetic appearance, it seems like we’re short on that.

Legendary weapons are for the most part good. Need fancy, prestigious, difficult to get armor appearances too. (Doesn’t need to be legendary, stuff like the glowy fractal backpiece is good for example).

Of course, more cash shop appearance stuff would certainly be good too. Not town clothes, stuff people can actually enjoy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

They are saving new armor skins for an expansion pack I would assume. Which extremely saddening.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Shanna.4762

They’re not doing an expansion any time soon. They may be developing content that will be part of one that they haven’t decided on yet but there isn’t one planned right now. See, the thing is GW1 had so many really good looking armor skins and I see the gem shop being a great source for getting some of the best, more iconic looks without disrupting the art direction for the modern times in game, as well as some unique offerings that are directly derived from the current setting. The Black Lion Trader should have unique offerings and that includes armor skins. I read that they’re still expanding on the town-clothing feature coming up, but no word on new actual armor skins still. This is frustrating me to no end, all cash shops in MMO’s sell a huge variety of armor skins and that’s what people buy, they’re only hurting their own business by avoiding it if that’s what they’re doing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Scarn.1703

Scarn.1703

in the recent spvp state of the game thing one of the devs said it was really expensive for them to make new armor skins, so I wouldn’t expect it anytime soon or frequently. it IS weird that they can make town clothes all the time which are kinda pointless but not new armors, which i feel like if they released a new armor every month on the gem store would rake in cash. I know i would buy gems for new armor skins and weapons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

And the only gem-store related combat armor were there at launch.

I mean really, not a single set after launch?

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Black Lion Trading Co

Shanna.4762

And the only gem-store related combat armor were there at launch.

I mean really, not a single set after launch?

yep, exactly what I’m saying. It is definitely strange that it’s “expensive to make armor skins” yet they keep making town clothes. It’s been months since launch and not a single new set has been added, yet it was stated that would be one of the staples of the gem shop. Isn’t that partially the point of a in-game shop, after all? I’ve never come across a game with one that doesn’t regularly upgrade it with new armor skins. Weapon Skins may be one thing, but armor skins should be do-able. The “it’s too expensive” argument is made invalid everytime they add a new clothes set.

Here’s a thought: stop making town clothes, and make armor skins you will end up making way more money and people will be much happier at the same time.