BLTC Key Farming?

BLTC Key Farming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

In the time I have been playing GW2, I have only found about 7 keys. Being as I don’t trust my luck to buy some, where would be a good place to possibly farm these keys?

Thanks!

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

BLTC Key Farming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Wooden Potatoes key farming guide.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

BLTC Key Farming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

Thanks Wanze! I really appreciate the help.

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

BLTC Key Farming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Wooden Potatoes key farming guide.

That is indeed the most comprehensive guide on the topic I’ve seen to date. The unfortunate irony is that he teaches you how to do a key farm in 13-15 minutes (perhaps 25-35 minutes for the first time), but the video lasts 38 minutes.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

BLTC Key Farming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Yeah, tried it a couple times and don’t see how it would be possible in 15 minutes like people claim is how long it takes them. Maybe if you are doing it with 4 friends.

BLTC Key Farming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Yeah, tried it a couple times and don’t see how it would be possible in 15 minutes like people claim is how long it takes them. Maybe if you are doing it with 4 friends.

I think 15 mins can be done if you know the perfect routine by heart, have a good PC and internet connection and load maps very fast, and – most importantly – have accesss to the golem banker for each new char in order to access the best gear and cons for this farm.

I use a guardian for this with a staff and I can do it in ~20-22 mins, but I have bad load times and I don’t use other gear nor cons. I also don’t have the golem banker, so I need to waste time getting to the bank in DR to pick up my staff.

Other people use warrior because of the warhorn speed skills, but I think the massive AoE from the staff and the Empower makes up for that. I doubt if any other class is as good as these 2, though.

GL.

BLTC Key Farming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buford.2954

Buford.2954

The best time I have managed on human commoner warrior is 17 minutes, on an older PC with slow load times. Part of that is luck at catching the boss event in-progess in the starter instance after the elemental appears so you don’t have to complete the defend event, which can happen if someone gets there before you. Also you are somewhat dependent on the NPCs in the level 10 step “The Commander” targeting the troops correctly; occasionally they want to target Serentine during her invulnerable phase and waste time hitting her and can go down. Best solution to that is to run through the middle of the room after removing armor and distract the guards. If they kill you (in no armor at level 4 it takes 1 hit) it’s no big deal as you have no repairs to do and the checkpoint is upstairs.

Warhorn for speed and minor sigil of speed (swiftness on kill) help cut time down, and a minor sigil of bloodlust + rice balls + power armor and weapons + mixed runes that all give power on the first slot means you can kill things faster.

BLTC Key Farming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

IF you do not have a banker golem I find it faster to go to my home WvW borderland to grab gear than it is to go to the DR bank.

BLTC Key Farming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

having the Hero’s Band also helps get to 15 min. It’s pretty much the only time that ring is useful :P

BLTC Key Farming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I dont time my run and I often afk, surf or watch videos when I run it. However, from experience I like using a warrior more than guardian. I would kill 3 mobs in tutorial with 1h sword to unlock the leap for speed. Then use the GS to fight every mob after. The GS3 evade is good for survival and also running. I manually switch GS & sword to run. Also hospital route is better imo.

For the last story, I bring out a longbow instead. F1 is awesome aoe for the many mobs. And staying in range is very safe since all except 2 mobs have sword/shield.

I would like to know what setup other uses though.

BLTC Key Farming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

It’s more efficient to just buy the keys from the Gem Store. I highly recommend getting a few hundred.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

BLTC Key Farming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s more efficient to just buy the keys from the Gem Store. I highly recommend getting a few hundred.

You forgot the </sarcasm> tag. In an hour, you can get…

• 5+ gold cash just from bonus chests in dungeons, not to mention drops. That’s good for maybe 42 gems or 1/3 of one key.
  • at least 3 BL keys from farming the human commoner story.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

BLTC Key Farming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

You can also cut some load times by jumping to the next waypoint from within the previous instance after the swords appear and you get your reward. But 15 minutes is pretty quick.

BLTC Key Farming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

A good time is 20 minutes. Anything below that is fairly rare.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

BLTC Key Farming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

I doubt if any other class is as good as these 2, though.

GL.

I run a staff Elementalist using only the fire attunement and get those speeds. Matter of fact I get my key in about 15 min not counting character creation. I’m hitting level 5 after finishing the level 10 PS.

I also have the following:

Profane armor set from the DD upgrade (Full level 0 set) with power and toughness runes
Level 0 Mighty Staff with sigil of Blood and sigil of Earth
Banker Golem
Hero’s Band

Wife does it with a ranger using the same runes and sigils except she has the Krytan armor from her DD upgrade and a level 0 Long Bow. She does it in the same amount of time and finishes with the same level as I do.

We got that fast because we’d race each other to the key.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

BLTC Key Farming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I’ve ound the fastest class to be Guardian. Make sure all your armor is Mighty, you should have 4 different runes on it that give +10 power. Sigil of Justice and Bloodlust on your Greatsword. Do stuff like having your map up before your reward appears to save time (for undercover mission after logan says Eat, Breathe, Stink go ahead and go to the next waypoint, accept your reward on the way to the next spot).

Having a Golem Banker does increase your time by alot. You can save time in the intro mission by not talking to anyone, you don’t have to

Edit: Forgot, Riceballs are amazing. Gives you an extra 20 power

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

(edited by Grok Krog.9581)

BLTC Key Farming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I just started dabbling in this as yet another thing to do to cut out routine and keep the game a bit more fresh with more diversity.

Here is my tip to share: [&BC4DAAA=][&BPAAAAA=][&BCMDAAA=][&BCkDAAA=]

Make a whisper chat channel, allowing (obviously) only whispers. Now copy the above waypoint codes and whisper yourself.

Between repeated character remakes, the whisper does not go away (only if you close the client completely). Staying in the whisper chat channel keeps it from being flooded off the screen with idle map/guild chat.

This will shave a few seconds of loading the map and panning around for the next waypoint you need, just click the chat link.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

BLTC Key Farming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I sure hope you are kidding…..

I just started dabbling in this as yet another thing to do to cut out routine and keep the game a bit more fresh with more diversity.

Here is my tip to share: [&BC4DAAA=][&BPAAAAA=][&BCMDAAA=][&BCkDAAA=]

Make a whisper chat channel, allowing (obviously) only whispers. Now copy the above waypoint codes and whisper yourself.

Between repeated character remakes, the whisper does not go away (only if you close the client completely). Staying in the whisper chat channel keeps it from being flooded off the screen with idle map/guild chat.

This will shave a few seconds of loading the map and panning around for the next waypoint you need, just click the chat link.

That’s effin Brilliant! Must try…thanks!

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

BLTC Key Farming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

And now until the next Living story update, August 11th, double your chance you get a ticket.