Character Re-Customization

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

Please do races too! Come on, I beg of you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jure Simich.6154

Jure Simich.6154

To Anet: you got money off me with the face changes in GW1, you’re likely to get it in GW2 when you implement it

To the topic: I think the amount o customization will be limited by the personal storyline. If a change would mean changing your past, it will likely not be implemented.

So, looks within race – sure. Nothing is keyed to your hair colour or similar.

Profession – actually possible, nothing I remember being locked to profession. I could be wrong, though.

Race – no. There’s a lot of past linked to your race. One who quested with Logan would find serious trouble becoming the one who quested with Zojja. So, I really doubt this will be made possible.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sentinel.8749

Sentinel.8749

Jure Simich makes some very realistic points.

Also theres no need to further push this I think, as this is one of the few suggestions I’ve seen ANET devs post on saying thanks for the suggestion. I’m almost positive this is coming soon.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dumse.9043

Dumse.9043

Everyone are saying changing race shouldn’t be possible because of the personal story. If any of you have played the personal story after level 30, where you enter one of the three orders, you’ll probably notice that the rest of your personal story has absolutely nothing to do with your race, so for a high level character this wouldn’t really be an issue? Even if it did change your personal story, it’s not like you get any advantages from it. As for breaking immersion or what ever, just don’t buy it?

Also it’s not like the current personal story has lots references to other branches of the personal story, references that are sometimes pretty important Trahearnes sword, that weird orb etc.). Not at all.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Next Patch please… :<

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Havenless.2589

Havenless.2589

I wanna rename one of my alts and I can imagine many people would like to do the same. This is a much needed feature, and would definitely be a money maker for anet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Blasius.4081

Blasius.4081

Bumping for high interest!
Would absolutely love too see is soon. I’m dying to change look of my two most complete characters.

Something in line of GW1 makeover packs:
Makeover Credit lets you change character’s appearance (hair style, hair color, face, skin color, and body scale).
Extreme Makeover Credit lets you change character’s appearance + gender.

With separate name change ofcourse. (unless there is a special Order of Whispers offer where they erase you from the history so you can begin your new life)

I also know alot of people who are dying for some facelift.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Daecollo.9578

I am hoping this happens very soon, I would be a happy kitten.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nott Hraezla.8974

Nott Hraezla.8974

I’d pay for it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SummerRaine.2975

SummerRaine.2975

I’d love it if we could change the look of our characters. Changing hairstyles and facial hair would be a great addition but I’m also hoping to be able to change my sylvari’s skin color. What I thought looked great when I created them doesn’t seem to great now. If this were an option I would definitely go for it even if I have to pay for the service.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: main character.5460

main character.5460

This will print money for you Anet. Please implement it sooner than 4 years in like you did with GW.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Daecollo.9578

They should implement it next patch to be honest, I would throw down 50 bucks to get all my character’s faces fixed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Risky.6741

Risky.6741

Would definitely love to see this added to the Black Lion shop. I’m really picky and at the same time really fickle when it comes to my character’s appearance. I’m the same way with names, which is why I’d also like to see a Name Change service added to the shop as well. Heck, you could even sell them together as a bundle for a slight discount! :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Trapiki.3019

Trapiki.3019

I would love to see a hairdresser in Lions Arch that could change your hair for gold. Major changes could be a gem store thing though, like skin and facial reconstruction. But the hairdresser is something I’d really love to see. At the moment I feel somewhat trapped into non-accessory hairstyles because down the line they wont match my appearance or the accessory colour won’t match and that’s really annoying.

Costs could be calculated by how much you change your hair, if you only changed one thing it would only cost a little, maybe a couple of silver, but other change combinations could stack the price so it might cost 10 silver. The hairdresser could also leave the option open for new hairstyles to be added that are not available in the character creation, they could even cost more than the regular ones!

That’s just my little wishlist type thing. :>

in Black Lion Trading Co

Daecollo.9578

Ugh.. they could make millions off this feature alone.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: miracle.4216

miracle.4216

I’m really hoping for this as well as a name change like in Guild Wars 1. Two of my char slots are simply placeholders for a name change to 2 of my other chars… hopefully it’s not too far off..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Divine Joanne.6948

Divine Joanne.6948

im also for adding character makeover!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hel.6340

Hel.6340

This will print money for you Anet. Please implement it sooner than 4 years in like you did with GW.

That’s a bit tight. There’s a lot of things they didn’t do on the release of GW as it just wasn’t the done thing back then.

Besides, from GW2 it’s quite clear they’ve learnt a lot from GW1.

Heley – Guardian
[dl*] Digital Legion – Gandara – www.digital-legion.com

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: spacemayu.4817

spacemayu.4817

I want this!

I want a new haircut!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I don’t think you could do race-change, regardless of the story quests, because of the race-specific gear. I suppose they could just auto-convert your cultural gear to the new race’s cultural, but that’s sure to cause problems. But then again, hey SonyEQ sells $25 race-change potions, why can’t ANet be as good as Sony?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’d like it if Anet didn’t make everything a micro-transaction in the Gem Store. Ok, a full overhaul of your character, sure. But changing the hairstyle and color should be a quick in&out for no more than 1s. Either way, this is a must for any game that gives us so much freedom during the initial character creation as well as the great dye system.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Meadfreek.6789

Meadfreek.6789

I’d love just to be able to change one of my toons’ first name. But I imagine that functionality could lead to problems. With some troublemakers just changing their names to get off Ignore lists (or whatever).

Mead
Tol Acharn [PHNX]
Fort Aspenwood

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kristabella.6213

Kristabella.6213

I strongly approve changes either for hairstyles and colours and also aspect.
Each new gear needs a new look
Pls let us enjoy this in the next patch I know you can do it

in Black Lion Trading Co

Daecollo.9578

I’d love for a dev responce.. :/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: earthBounder.1423

earthBounder.1423

Please please please ANet! Add character re-customization with gender/name changes as soon as possible!

I agree with Daecollo, it would be nice to hear from the developers about their opinion on the matter or how soon we could expect to see this implemented in the game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: spacemayu.4817

spacemayu.4817

We want it now!

And we want more town clothes that aren’t pirate, cook, stripper, merchant!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zhukov.7854

Zhukov.7854

I would definitely pay for this. I liked how my character looked at the beginning but now that he’s 50 I’m starting to like him a little less…not feeling the re-roll either. I would love it if they offered special hairstyles for gems as well, again, I would pay for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
And once again the left shall rise!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Corax.1502

Corax.1502

I would also like to see this in the store.

Hair Styles/Color / Accesoir Color for in game money (not gems) at a Barber

Sex Change / Name change / Full character re-customization in gem store for 1600-2000gems.

Race change would also be possible:
If you did a race change your whole personal story would be reset.
The Map progression, your level, and non-race specifiek items will be saved.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Killersingh.5240

Killersingh.5240

Yes do this please.

As a brown man playing a white dude.. I feel wrong T_T

nah just kidding but yea would love this

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: akuzum.5263

akuzum.5263

I would also like to see this in the store.

Hair Styles/Color / Accesoir Color for in game money (not gems) at a Barber

Sex Change / Name change / Full character re-customization in gem store for 1600-2000gems.

Race change would also be possible:
If you did a race change your whole personal story would be reset.
The Map progression, your level, and non-race specifiek items will be saved.

I appriciate all the suggestion but race change…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Daecollo.9578

Race change is impossible due to story.

Sex Change/Name Change/Customization Changes are not.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zedrix.2104

Zedrix.2104

Yes please! Sooner the better.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mirage.5206

Mirage.5206

I would so much love to see haircute changes and customization changes,
In my oppinion hairchange would be best at a barber NPC for silver, while more extencive makeovers, or name changes and so, would make a awesome addition to the gemstore =)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Strodor.6051

Strodor.6051

Any word on when/ Of we can get this?

Smaggle – Asura elementalist [INT]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

Gonna put my +1 here. I’m pretty serious about customization and if I see one thing wrong with my character that is too far to remake, it will burn in the back of my mind until it is fixed…

I see four things wrong with my mesmer… >.<
(also nothing will make me throw my money at Anet faster.. o.o)

(edited by Roda.7468)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dicellol.4153

Dicellol.4153

Race change is not impossible due to story.
Once you have COMPLETED the story the story becomes irreverent to your character.
Its a simple fix of changing the story log on your character. The race missions of the story are like 6 or so missions long. Its definitely not a big thing to change.

Sea of Sorrows #1
Team Shatter [TS]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

+100 for this.
I also want the makeover pack. I used it in Guild Wars 1 when I got tired of the way my char looked. Please add this ANet so I can throw more money at you. :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zzulu.5489

Zzulu.5489

Barbershop should be free and somewhere in the game

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

I would prefer if the gems affect your story by having a tidbit like “And then one day, I discovered I just had to be a woman! So I prayed to Lyssa and whadda ya know? kitten ”

I want to play a transgendered charr norn worshipper of grenth now. ANet, don’t let me down!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZigWentZag.6082

ZigWentZag.6082

i would love to be able to change my race i love my engi but im tired of being an asura and not being able to see the cool pistols i get im also 80 and 100% world completion so i dont want to make a new character X_X

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AmRoKo.2785

AmRoKo.2785

Yar! I would totally pay for this, I bought cosmetic type stuff in the other GW, just add the option a LOT sooner in this game please.

(edited by AmRoKo.2785)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pakattack.3162

Pakattack.3162

Would love to see this implemented as well!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Actracts.1389

Actracts.1389

Definitely would like to see this – I don’t dislike my main toon. However, I would like to tweak my main’s appearance once I reach endgame. Just as I did with all my GW1 main after reaching endgame, I want to make them look older so I feel that they’ve aged and grown during their journey – ie give them longer hair or add some gray to it, dull the colors of their eyes a little, a scar from a random battle, more/less muscle, some facial hair (my mains are all males), a tan or lack thereof…etc…

(edited by Actracts.1389)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sylent.8271

Sylent.8271

I’m not fond of race or sex changes – just me, I guess, but I wouldn’t want to see those implemented. Maybe because I can see them being exploited, unless there was a massive cooldown on the changes. But everything else, sign me up! New hair style, colour, a bit of touch up work (but nothing extreme of course) here and there…
What’d be really awesome is if they found a way to implement name changes and NPCs recognised that you’d changed your name, but that’d take a hell of a lot of work, so just stick with the ability to name change = ]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Passiflora.2047

Passiflora.2047

I’m not fond of race or sex changes – just me, I guess, but I wouldn’t want to see those implemented. Maybe because I can see them being exploited, unless there was a massive cooldown on the changes.

Okay, this is probably a dumb question and I am missing something here, but . . . how could a sex change for your character be exploited? I am racking my brain here but I can’t think of anything in the story/game that is related to your character’s gender. Heck, my female human noble even got the “I’ll be the envy of the party coming with the hero of Shaemoor on my arm” line (not an exact quote) from the lovely Countess Anise just like my male noble did.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoenixlord.7015

Phoenixlord.7015

common Anet speak to us!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

i hope the guy who got the name Voltar in the first minute of the headstart HATES what his character looks like and never gets to change it.

other than that i’m on-board with putting a barber shop or something into the game for all the people who didn’t put thought into it during character creation (or their hair clips with armor or whatever)>

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aluano.1826

Aluano.1826

Here’s hoping they’ll add this in the “halloween” patch

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Drakonis.4579

Drakonis.4579

I would LOVE this! I really need to redo my guardian’s look.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esethia.9257

Esethia.9257

This is something I would pay for, I would love to change my character’s appearance.