Character Re-Customization

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nimmi.1650

Nimmi.1650

Patient, but still eagerly waiting for this to come out. I do hope Anet releases new customization options along with it too. More variety in male Charr faces would be great, although the chances of it happening are probably low. It seems most MMOs rarely touch their character creation/customization after launch unless they absolutely need to.

(edited by Nimmi.1650)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rore.3548

Rore.3548

Race change would be nice =D

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

They give up on us?

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dervy.7901

Dervy.7901

Didn’t they post they’ll be adding this “tool” soon in a dev.blog last month???

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sadomator.6419

Sadomator.6419

At least give us a Saloon NPC that let us change our hairstyle and color xD

Garl Vinnland – Guardian
Stormbluff Isle

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SaraFjellskoge.4168

SaraFjellskoge.4168

On October 15th, the response was that they would be “in an upcoming game update”:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Makeover-Kit-Gone

To my knowledge, there’s been no ANet response related to this on the dev blog (although I could easily be wrong), nor has there been any further information from ANet about the kits since last month. My biggest question now is whether or not the kits will be included in the November 15th update.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: defy.7021

defy.7021

yeah allmoust month ago :/ does that soon update mean the lost shores?
if so the thing that bothering is that there arent any mention of them
why it takes so long to give us what we want??

(edited by defy.7021)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ApeBit.4205

ApeBit.4205

yeah allmoust month ago :/ does that soon update mean the lost shores?
if so the thing that bothering is that there arent any mention of them
Arenanet why it takes so long to give us what we want??

They did, however, mention that there will be new items on the BLTC “The Gem Store will be well stocked in November! Unique minis and brand-new weapon skins made just for the Lost Shores weekend event are just some of what the Black Lion Trading Company has in store.”. Which could mean the makeover kit is coming or it may not. I’m hopeful to see it at least in the december event. Would be a perfect christmas present from A-net!

“When life gives you lemonade, make lemons and life will be all like WHAAAT?!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KidB.7592

KidB.7592

I too would like to have a chance of changing my character creation ,mainly because when I started as a human thief I had to go through char creation a dozen, if not more times to find my name was not eligible ,so i had to go through whole process again and again and again etc…… finally to my suprise it registered me but to my displeasure I had not adjusted my height,result being a short human named “Kidbehave”.
The name I can handle…. my shortness is just annoying.
Had I known this I would of called her TomelinaCruise.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FunToStopTime.8569

FunToStopTime.8569

I love how Anet responded so fast to a thread concerning a lemon on the TP for 3800g but can’t respond to hundreds of players inquiring about the release on content expected to be released over a month ago. /e slow claps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aluano.1826

Aluano.1826

Surprise surprise! No character customization this patch either!!!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mutiny.4180

Mutiny.4180

Maybe tomorrow… Well, who am I kidding?

Maybe Wintersday!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Drakonis.4579

Drakonis.4579

Goodness…I can’t believe it’s taking this long. What’s the deal, ArenaNet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Felblade.8701

Felblade.8701

I was really hoping for this to come this patch, yet to be disappointed again.

But hey, they would rather add more RNG items to the gem store. ‘shrug’

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Clipbord.8726

Clipbord.8726

" This feature will be available in an upcoming patch" 2 big patches later nothing! really? SOOOO disappointed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Legendary Raft.9126

Legendary Raft.9126

Arena Net,

I’d love to adjust my looks and height for my character. I’ve been waiting for this ever since I got to level 80 and as I’m nearly 100% map completion it’s increasingly bothering me.

Not being happy with my character cosmetically is holding me back from progressing so far because it’s a drag to look at my Norn personally.

A lot of us would be very appreciative if you would place character makeovers in the gem store ASAP!

:)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nemi.5826

Nemi.5826

Really disappointed that there is still no makeover kit! I want do recustomize two toons badly and beeing eagerly waiting for this more than a month now.

At the moment there is nothing in the gem shop I want to buy… makeover kits I would happily buy.

So why is this taking so long…? With every day missing this kit I get more demotivated logging in.

I`m also very (!) disappointed about how Anet keeps ignoring this matter… thats not how you handle customers!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cbugayong.9857

cbugayong.9857

On my first character I made it to level 80 but lost interest in playing it cause it was too “tall” made a few more and now I have three level 80’s that need customizing. I would really like to play my “main” character but since I can’t change it’s appearance the way I wanted it to be it really is putting me off even to the point of re rolling a new one.

[In case of character height… It would have really helped if they included numerical value on the height scale in character creation so you won’t be confused on what height your character would be.]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beckie.3580

Beckie.3580

I can’t believe this I got really disappointed when it wasnt in the halloween patch. knowing they have been working on it since, due to the bug where the makeover kit appeared in the shop, they should have it ready now! ive been really patient. I SOOO hoped it would be in this patch. I was convinced it would. Arenanet, you could make so much more money if you implement these asap. a lot of people wants to buy them and change their characters, you know this from gw1. why is it taking so long? its been 2 large patches without anything

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: snsdmarryme.3721

snsdmarryme.3721

It would be best if you allow re-customization of everything, except the personal story selections. Meaning, please allow renaming through the one single re-costumization process.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Norb.4253

Norb.4253

The paranoid part of me is wondering if they’re now waiting until there’s a lull between new gem shop content before releasing the makeover kits to increase gem sales during which would otherwise be a low period.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FunToStopTime.8569

FunToStopTime.8569

I’ve been posting on this topic since they released them a bit early back before October and then promised them in the “next big update” (3 of which have happened to date depending on what you consider big update), and I’m not so much pissed off about how long they’re taking, as much as I’m upset that despite this massive thread consistently staying on the front page of the BLTC thread, no community manager will respond. Maybe they don’t even know themselves and it’s just a result of bad communication between programmers and community managers? Maybe they just flat out don’t care.

Regardless it’s bad practice ignoring your player base and frankly I haven’t logged on in a few months now and am doing just fine playing other games. One person logging on doesn’t make much of a difference you might think? Is it a ridiculous reason for me not to log in? One, I guarantee I am NOT the only one who has lost a lot of interest in the game for this reason or a similar one and two, it may sound ridiculous to some but it really kills the game for me when I have to log in and see the amazing armor I’ve worked so hard to earn on an ugly player (part of my love for MMO’s is you can make your character how you want and who you want to be, and Anet did a great job at that but there is no room for revision on the players part).

All in all they could at least reply (as stated several other times in this thread) but they more than likely won’t, and thus I’ll continue to play other games and won’t spend money on gems, etc. This may not hurt them now but being a fresh new game people will remember them for things bad and good, and how they handled situations. This is not a shining moment for Anet, period.

Thanks for continuing to ignore us.

Distressed player.

Edit: When I said “flat out don’t care” I mean it in the harshest sense which is (in my opinion), “We’re making money on selling gems, etc. Let’s just release a few more vanity items and boosters, themed items in the gem shop and keep making money, screw the player base’s wants”.

(edited by FunToStopTime.8569)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lunatic.9314

Lunatic.9314

Would also be awesome for a gender change. Anyone think there’s a possibility for this?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Strodor.6051

Strodor.6051

Gender change is going to be included within one of the kits, when they were accidentally added you could see what they did.

Smaggle – Asura elementalist [INT]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kirani.2690

Kirani.2690

ANET really screwed up by not having this in place before they introduced the ascended gear fiasco. I was definitely going to pay to change the appearance of one of my characters. Now I will never give these liars another dime.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wallach.7291

Wallach.7291

Gender change is going to be included within one of the kits, when they were accidentally added you could see what they did.

Was re-naming part of any of the services when they were briefly visible?

in Black Lion Trading Co

cbugayong.9857

I don’t even care for Legendary/Ascended gear, I just want to customize my character first so I can play again. I just hope they are not waiting till a lot more players are asking for the kit then sell it at a very high price.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mutiny.4180

The “accidental” price of 350 gems was perfect. If it turns out to be 800 or 2000 gems, I’ll be very disappointed, to say the least. I know $10 was the price in the first game, but more smaller ticket items would do the store some good. You can only buy gems for a minimum of $10 anyway, so why not?

in Black Lion Trading Co

cbugayong.9857

I think that they would earn a lot if it were at 350 gems since a lot of players would like to make alterations to their characters more than once if it were possible.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: iStoked.4018

iStoked.4018

I too am really bummed/disappointed that the kits were not included in the Lost Shores patch. I thought for sure that this would be the one, but nope. My interest in recustomizing my character has become so overwhelming that whenever I do log in, I’m only on for a few minutes because I just can’t stand how silly my character’s proportions are. It sucks because I was a GW1 die hard and was waiting for this game foooorreverrr, and now my interest in playing is slowly diminishing overtime because of this SIMPLE issue. I wish that, at the very least, we could get an updated response about the current status of these kits.

“The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheDuck.4526

TheDuck.4526

Honestly, the make over kit was the one thing of the patch that I was looking forward to. Funny, considering I do a fair amount of sPvP and the makeover kit was more interesting to me than the “5 pages” of profession changes. But I’ll be honest— the main reason I started up sPvP was to get away from my ugly kitten PvE character.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nitcheam.9407

Nitcheam.9407

-signed lol

Was so wanting to get into the game, I didn’t think a lot about my guys looks .. now, with all of the armor I am coming across, I can’t friggen stand it. I always go for the hoods or the things that cover his face rather then the ones, even if the stats are better.

I will throw money at Anet for this.
Take my wallet!
MAKE IT WORK.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lust.6452

Lust.6452

Was thinking for that some time now!hope its done soon!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Strodor.6051

Was re-naming part of any of the services when they were briefly visible?

I believe so yes, If I remember correctly these files are still within the game and there was a post on GuildWars Guru that shows the items.

This took a while to find again, but here:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/824-new-items-coming-soon/

in Black Lion Trading Co

cbugayong.9857

Maybe they are not yet implementing the re-customization kit because there will be additional hairstyles and facial features to be added as well? But even so wouldn’t it be more profitable then if they implement the kits now then release the new hair styles and facial features for later cause if you look into this thread a lot of players are desperate for a make-over kit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: grknwrt.5493

grknwrt.5493

Character customization and BLTC item preview should be top priorities for PvE because if you want to customize your 80 level char bad, you can’t stand it, only way to do that is to remove them, start all over again which is kitten and then kitten again :S i didn’t do that because i was hoping it would be in Lost Shores or some patch sooner but now it really forces people to do it at times.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Strodor.6051

Would really love a response. Just a simple ’We’re working on it’ or ’It’s on halt for now’ would do fine.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xanadhi.4615

Xanadhi.4615

Throw my signature onto the form too. I was really hoping the makeover kits would come in with this update!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nimraphel.7819

Nimraphel.7819

’coz putting some thought into your character and testing it out with armor in HotM at level 2 is hard work. ~.^

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Felblade.8701

Felblade.8701

’coz putting some thought into your character and testing it out with armor in HotM at level 2 is hard work. ~.^

Who the hell thinks of this when creating their first character then getting to lvl 80? You only start to really look at your character and are not happy at the later levels and become more interested in cosmetics and armor since most of the end game was about skins and weapons.

I love your smugness tho (not really)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: xSpite.9845

xSpite.9845

Bring an Asura.. i thought i was going to love being the little guy but then i saw how epic gear looks and compared it to how it would look on me and now i am sad…

I would pay to be able to do this, although i could see why they wouldnt, it would be hard to do the whole story again as a different higher level character

in Black Lion Trading Co

cbugayong.9857

I didn’t even have fun trying to participate in the Lost Shores event… I think it would have been better if they focused on giving us the kits rather than producing a buggy event.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

The “accidental” price of 350 gems was perfect. If it turns out to be 800 or 2000 gems, I’ll be very disappointed, to say the least. I know $10 was the price in the first game, but more smaller ticket items would do the store some good. You can only buy gems for a minimum of $10 anyway, so why not?

Actually, $10 got you 4 makeovers in GW1.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mutiny.4180

Really, now? Good to hear!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dwarvenpit.8237

Dwarvenpit.8237

Though I consider the new dungeon to be a success, I really hoped the makeover kit would be added in the Lost Shores update. +1 to this thread !

Fr – Jade Sea

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

I have not a single clue why people are stating they’d pay 20 dollars or more for a change. It wont come faster if you do that.

Also, please include a trial period, this is very important. Many changes can’t be properly gauged unless their tested under real conditions.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

actually , it was 5 makeovers for 10$ lol
seriously plz no 20$ makeovers, thats ridiculous!

in Black Lion Trading Co

OMNIBUS.2913

in Black Lion Trading Co

OMNIBUS.2913

in Black Lion Trading Co

Strodor.6051

T-t-t-tripple Post!