Character Re-Customization

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: GottFaust.5297

GottFaust.5297

Don’t get me wrong I loved the make-over feature in the first game and used it alot and see myself using this one aswell, I just feel as if there were more important issues out there than changing my headband from green to blue.

You DO realize that there are multiple teams working on multiple issues in A-Net right? You DO realize that they have openly stated that there is an ENTIRE team dedicated to that issue alone right? You DO realize that it may not be a quick and easy fix right? You DO realize that there are people who specialize in new implementations and people who specialize in fixing old implementations and they can’t always do eachother’s jobs right? You DO realize that trying to make them do so would be like trying to get a CAD Artist to do an Auto Mechanic’s job right? You DO realize that you sound like a child right?

Nope, was just confused, I’m not in the industry so I wouldn’t know how it all works,. I’m just sharing my concerns and experiences, that’s what I thought the forums are for. If anyone sounds upset, it’s you, have a good day.

“Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.”

Sorry if I came across as too rude there, it annoys me to no end that people, who have no idea what they’re talking about, complain about things they don’t understand. I posted that in such a way as to make a lasting impact on the reader and thus alleviate some ignorance.

Iron Bound [IB] – Gates of Madness

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

Finally I can get rid of my Norn’s god awful anti gravity hair.

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ArchNemesis.4897

ArchNemesis.4897

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mcfrumpy.9385

Mcfrumpy.9385

I want to check before I buy it, but can you also change your in game name?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shamus McNasty.2809

Shamus McNasty.2809

nope, but it’s “coming soon”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cbugayong.9857

cbugayong.9857

Nice! Thanks Arenanet! Now to fix my very tall ranger!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Voonith.2561

Voonith.2561

So happy these have been added so soon, but is there any fix yet for those of us who never received ours when we purchased them from the Gem Store?

All’s fair in love and Wuv.
[ART] Gate of Madness

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheDuck.4526

TheDuck.4526

Thanks so much ANet

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ApeBit.4205

ApeBit.4205

Finally!! I’ve been waiting for this since Day 1 and here it is! And only 350gems! Hory kittene :P Thanks Anet for making my day

“When life gives you lemonade, make lemons and life will be all like WHAAAT?!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dwarvenpit.8237

Dwarvenpit.8237

Releasing it without any pre-notice isn’t very nice but…Yeah, thanks Anet !

Fr – Jade Sea

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
My female squeaking warrior is now a guy. Finally don’t have to be annoyed when using a greatsword anymore

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dyshul.7096

Dyshul.7096

So excited that I can finally change my female warrior into a male, but what??!? I can change gender, but not my name? Well, that isn’t helpful to me. Personally I feel the gender part is useless as it will only result in a bunch of men named Shiela runnning around. Great that you can tweak appearance, but gender and name change should be a seperate pack, or maybe name change included. Again, before the flames, my opinion only…
Nice makeover kit banking until I can have a name more suited to the gender.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

used two of the makeover packs, and felt bad cause i only changed my character’s hair and accent colors. so i should have just gotten the stylist packs, instead.

my asuran looks nicer now, because i was able to choose options i always wanted, instead of just using the defaults.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Don’t get me wrong I loved the make-over feature in the first game and used it alot and see myself using this one aswell, I just feel as if there were more important issues out there than changing my headband from green to blue.

You DO realize that there are multiple teams working on multiple issues in A-Net right? You DO realize that they have openly stated that there is an ENTIRE team dedicated to that issue alone right? You DO realize that it may not be a quick and easy fix right? You DO realize that there are people who specialize in new implementations and people who specialize in fixing old implementations and they can’t always do eachother’s jobs right? You DO realize that trying to make them do so would be like trying to get a CAD Artist to do an Auto Mechanic’s job right? You DO realize that you sound like a child right?

Nope, was just confused, I’m not in the industry so I wouldn’t know how it all works,. I’m just sharing my concerns and experiences, that’s what I thought the forums are for. If anyone sounds upset, it’s you, have a good day.

“Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.”

Sorry if I came across as too rude there, it annoys me to no end that people, who have no idea what they’re talking about, complain about things they don’t understand. I posted that in such a way as to make a lasting impact on the reader and thus alleviate some ignorance.

You DO realize that he is right to some extend? It’s not the customers concern that a company fails to construct their teams responsible for the different aspects of the game. He is not blaming the team that works on the gem store but A-Net as a whole. And yes there is obviously something wrong when gemstore features get priority over issues with the game itself. Stop being a silly drone and look how things are not from the white knight perspective.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

nope, but it’s “coming soon”

They obviously didn’t give gender change a moments thought; but they released gender change anyway. Pretty silly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

They obviously didn’t give gender change a moments thought; but they released gender change anyway. Pretty silly.

they released a very often asked for feature. they even went so far as to give as the opportunity to change the gender, instead of only the general looks, which I consider a nice bonus. the price is pretty reasonable (compared to other gem-store items).
gender-unspecific names exist, if you create a character and aren’t sure about what gender you want it to be in the future, why not just use a name which works with both???

can’t you people ever be satisfied? name changes will come, but are much more risky then the looks-changes and as such it makes sense they test it further.
they have to consider contacts, mails, guilds etc, and there are already hints that account-name changes (trial account upgrades to real accounts changed the number by one or so) lead to some problems with the mailing system. if this problem extends to the character names as well, it’s better they don’t allow name changes before its sorted out.

personally, I just want to say: thank you ANet for the extensive recustomization option. I really like the options and will make use of them – as I will of the name changes, once they are available, but I prefer them to work right from the start than to introduce some bugs, so please take your time testing it thoroughly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

Thanks for the recustomization option, it’s a very welcome addition.

I continue to be befuddled by some of the pricing strategies though. The full customization seems about right, but there really should be a much lower price for just the hair customization. The pricing makes them very unappealing, which is a shame, because priced right, you would probably sell exponentially more by making it economical for people to change their hair on a weekly basis.

that’s one of my biggest problems with the gem store in general. So many items that could generate huge revenue if they were only priced properly. How many $millions a year will be lost because of improper price points?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: asimo.6354

asimo.6354

Hold on just to make sure, is there no way to preview changes before spending gems? It would be nice to be able to tinker with the creator then see if you want to spend gems on one or not, otherwise that’s rather lame.

Also it would be nice to get any sort of preview system on the TP…But it’s good something like this exists at all.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

Finally!! I’ve been waiting for this since Day 1 and here it is! And only 350gems! Hory kittene :P Thanks Anet for making my day

I’ll be waiting until gems aren’t 1g for 56 gems to buy this but I’m happy they introduced it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: blasius.4723

blasius.4723

yes….!!!! thanks soo much ANET..this recustomization is uber..untilll….gender? lol i dnt want my strong male warrior name goddess lol hahaha….it should come with name alteration too….well so far this is huge news..love it..thanks

Sea of Sorrow : since day 1 – my home land
Bone(engi80)-Taran(thief80)-Clea(ele80)-Enci(guard80)-Mina (mesmer80)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Delsabre.5934

Delsabre.5934

So excited that I can finally change my female warrior into a male, but what??!? I can change gender, but not my name? Well, that isn’t helpful to me. Personally I feel the gender part is useless as it will only result in a bunch of men named Shiela runnning around.

:D

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Anscenic.3268

Anscenic.3268

I’m going to agree, the sex change option is totally useless without a name change option on the total makeover kit. Suggestion, add a name change to it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Raea.8419

Raea.8419

Thank you guys so much for adding this! i have been looking forward to changing my sylvari for ages! Can’t wait to make her look well…normal haha.

I am a little surprised their was no name change, but hey, minor detail. Super excited that you guys worked hard to get this in

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MageHeart.7519

MageHeart.7519

Thank you for including this option. I can finally make my sylvari’s skin colour different, yay!! But I agree with the others that a name change is also a must. It would also be great to have the option of purchasing a name change separately from the makeover, for a lesser fee.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Elarii.2756

Elarii.2756

Can anyone confirm which of the kits, Total Makeover or Self Style, you need to use to change the colour of the hair accessory?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mirage.5206

Mirage.5206

After such a wait, I am so happy it is finally here!
Even thou the lack of information/communications about this was, in my personal oppinion not good and something I hope Anet works on improving for future awesome features.
With the intruoduction of these two things I refound a lot of joy in the game and look forward to see what more awesome things they create, as the finished product for the customization kit was for me very nicely done with how it works and design. Thank you devs! =)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FINY.4710

FINY.4710

I’m going to agree, the sex change option is totally useless without a name change option on the total makeover kit. Suggestion, add a name change to it.

I have no intention of changing my gender but I just want to change name ..

By the way, has anyone tried this? Does it give X options per account of changing features (for instance in GW I just changed hairstyles on 3 of my characters with the 5 makeover options a change kit granted), or do you pay an amount of gems to re-go through character creation on one single character?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Semerkhet.4169

Semerkhet.4169

This is a great item I think as many of us spend a lot of time on our characters and just as we change IRL we sometimes change in the gaming life as well :-)

Though, please add a name change to this kit as it seems kind of useless buying it if you’re buying it for the gender change.. If I’m playing a female called Lilly and change gender, then I’ll end up being a male called Lilly :-I What’s the point about that? ;-)

Best Regards

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Draaky.2436

Draaky.2436

Plz make a race change option to…