Chop-It-All Logging Axe is wrong everywhere

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabos.3491

Jabos.3491

1. Why is the background blue? The background on the other two infinite gathering tools is red but then comes the axe and ruins everything by being blue.
I get that blue fits with the theme of the axe but then can’t the sickle be green? We’d at least have RGB (or GBR but still).

2. The icon for the other two “go” from bottom left corner to the top right but then axe comes along and is flipped horizontally :S

3. Both the sickle and pick say “Used to harvest/mine all plants/metals” so why does the axe say “Perfect for use on all types of tree.” instead of “Used to chop all trees.”? T_T

4. And what’s with the name? The other two has the name of a faction but the axes name is all silly, it should be “Aetherblade Logging Axe” or something.

This is srs bsns and should be rectified.

PS. I know it doesn’t REALLY matter and everything but I’m not entirely unserious either. (and apart from all the wrongness it’s awesome)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crimsony.2514

Crimsony.2514

I bought the axe on the premise that all this “wrong” stuff was what I was getting!

If they “fix” it I will have to demand a refund, ragequit, and cry myself to sleep.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I bought the axe on the premise that all this “wrong” stuff was what I was getting!

If they “fix” it I will have to demand a refund, ragequit, and cry myself to sleep.

It’s funny because this is the reason why most things won’t get fixed even though your post is trolling.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It’s funny because this is the reason why most things won’t get fixed even though your post is trolling.

Well this whole thread is trolling. Either that or the OP really needs to seek some help with that OCD….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabos.3491

Jabos.3491

Well this whole thread is trolling. Either that or the OP really needs to seek some help with that OCD….

While I do realize it’s a bit silly and completely irrelevant I am not trolling.

(edited by Jabos.3491)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

While I do realize it’s a bit silly and completely irrelevant I am not trolling.

I wasn’t quoting you. Your post isn’t silly or trolling. I have a bit of OCD myself and noticed it, but I combat it by simply not looking into that corner and ignoring every aspect of it at all times. Even right now, while discussing it, it’s shoved into the corner of my mind.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

I wasn’t quoting you. Your post isn’t silly or trolling. I have a bit of OCD myself and noticed it, but I combat it by simply not looking into that corner and ignoring every aspect of it at all times. Even right now, while discussing it, it’s shoved into the corner of my mind.

Why is everyone trolling?.

(I just felt the need to say trolling too)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

I kinda like how the icon clashes, but you’re right about the name – “Aetherblade Axe” would make this more memorable, since sometime down the track these tools are likely to be repeated (with different name/animation).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Matroos Mark.9180

Matroos Mark.9180

The special animation doesn’t do the set justice in my opinion, I mean, c’mon, lighting? at least the other two have some sort of connection to what they are, magma/lava + rocks, water/vines + plants, random lightning +trees? It’d make sense if I was trying to burn the tree down I guess, btu then I’d get ash, no logs.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

The special animation doesn’t do the set justice in my opinion, I mean, c’mon, lighting? at least the other two have some sort of connection to what they are, magma/lava + rocks, water/vines + plants, random lightning +trees? It’d make sense if I was trying to burn the tree down I guess, btu then I’d get ash, no logs.

All caps necessary for this post (I’ll take the infraction, if need be!):

BUT UNLIKE YOUR LAVA PICK AND YOUR WATER SICKLE, MY LIGHTNING AXE WILL MAINTAIN IT’S PRISTINE QUALITY THROUGHOUT TIME AND SPACE. WHEN GUILD WARS 3 COMES ALONG, YOU’LL BE WALKING AROUND WITH YOUR HANDS EMPTY AND NOTHING TO GATHER WITH, WHILST I, I WILL BE RUNNING ALONG CHOPPING EVERY TREE I COME ACROSS WITH LIGHTNING.

Okay, I’m done.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

If i could i’d just want 2 things fixed:

1) the tree is chopped even before the axe impacts.
2) the animation takes a lot to start

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Matroos Mark.9180

Matroos Mark.9180

BUT UNLIKE YOUR LAVA PICK AND YOUR WATER SICKLE, MY LIGHTNING AXE WILL MAINTAIN IT’S PRISTINE QUALITY THROUGHOUT TIME AND SPACE. WHEN GUILD WARS 3 COMES ALONG, YOU’LL BE WALKING AROUND WITH YOUR HANDS EMPTY AND NOTHING TO GATHER WITH, WHILST I, I WILL BE RUNNING ALONG CHOPPING EVERY TREE I COME ACROSS WITH LIGHTNING.

Okay, I’m done.

But your trees will burn down if you strike them with lightning.. Only YOU can prevent forest fires.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

You’re….. you’re serious?

Think about the last couple of thunderstorms that have come through your location. Trees get struck with lightning, that’s a fact. Also, the whole tree doesn’t instantly burn up into ash, in fact it usually splinters and a large piece breaks off.

If you’re going to complain about how things aren’t real, that’s fine, but at least live in the reality with the rest of us.

RIP in peace Robert

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/southsun/The-Consortium-Harvesting-Sickle/first#post2122150

I imagined it slightly different but I still had to laugh when I saw the animation

Haven’t bought it yet but I will.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

The OP missed these issues.

Axe too small. With all the enormous Greatswords and other weapons that no one could lift, much less wield, why can’t we at least have one silly huge harvesting tool?

If we can’t have that, they could at least have made the handle a bit longer. Bad proportions. Existing looks like a campers backpack axe with an oversized head. (Yes I own 8 assorted axes [not counting battleaxes] irl.)

In addition, I just sort of knew the animation on the new axe would be an impressive Flurry of Blows like a person powered chainsaw (Whirling Axe/Whirling Wrath port?) instead of a lame port of the Crippled Old Man three strike. Sigh.

The current lightning animation is not up to the other perma-tools yet, but remembering the improvements to the sickle, I’ll live in hope.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Doppey Woogy.6590

Doppey Woogy.6590

take them OCD meds boy ….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

Okay, I’m done.

But your trees will burn down if you strike them with lightning.. Only YOU can prevent forest fires.

What if he was standing in a puddle? Something to ponder,

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

1. Why is the background blue? The background on the other two infinite gathering tools is red but then comes the axe and ruins everything by being blue.

Gah! Can’t unsee!
Why would you point this out? That is just cruel q____q

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esturk.2183

Esturk.2183

The element should be air. A whirlwind animation during gathering would be awesome.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

The element should be beavers. A whirlwind of rabid foaming beavers chopping the tree like a horde of infected zombies on acid

Could call it the Beaverado.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

The element should be beavers. A whirlwind of rabid foaming beavers chopping the tree like a horde of infected zombies on acid

We’ll make it available only to rangers as a special pet, that way the class get’s a little boost without being OP!

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I think it should be a beaver… Or a chainsaw..

I’m happy with it. BUT if anything were to change, maybe making it chop faster, like the sickle does.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

This idea I like, I like very much. I’d like to add that they should be shot out of a cannon..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bribrim.9710

bribrim.9710

I think the lightning is fine… it just needs a buff – and a big one. Have a lightning strike “attach” to the axe head for the duration of the animation. And for that matter, the current sound effect is pretty much just glorified static.

Yeah, buffs needed all around.

Kepp Mason – Warrior
Critical Response Team [CRIT]
Devona’s Rest [DR]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I couldn’t care less about how it looks, I just don’t want to ever run out of axes in the middle of a harvest. Isn’t that the point of an unlimited harvesting tool? They could have made it without any animation whatsoever and I still would have bought it.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”