Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FooKFiGhTeR.8153

FooKFiGhTeR.8153

As per the title anybody knows ? When this item might come up for sale in Gemstore.

Has anybody ever bought it at sale price, because I’m wondering how much difference would the gem cost be ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
A Fellow Tyrian.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I dont think it ever was on sale.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

It is a convenience. The per-salvage copper cost is the same as equivalent kits. I hand it between my characters, and it sees a lot of use. It is hands down the best way to keep an inventory empty during loot intensive activities like WvW. And it was briefly on sale during GW2 black friday promotions.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FooKFiGhTeR.8153

FooKFiGhTeR.8153

Thanks for the input..I am going to wait for another fortnightly Sale and if they don’t put it up for sale..I’ll get it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

It will go on sale two weeks before the introduction of the more efficient ect-o-matic. And since the latter will have a different icon, you will not get a refund. Or an upgrade.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

They were on sale during the new years sale. I think it was around 600 gems.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I don’t think they were ever on sale. But you could get a 40% discount if you gifted one for a friend. In most people’s cases that meant splitting the discount 50/50 and both receiving a 20% discount in a sense.

I think it will be a long time before there will be another sale though.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

My bad i went back to dig up sources and they were on salve during Black friday promotions, regardless the sale was still 25% off which is 600gems

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’m planning on buying two the next time that 25% sale rolls around. So frustrated I missed the first one, argh!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It is a convenience. The per-salvage copper cost is the same as equivalent kits. I hand it between my characters, and it sees a lot of use. It is hands down the best way to keep an inventory empty during loot intensive activities like WvW. And it was briefly on sale during GW2 black friday promotions.

Not quite. It’s .52 copper/salvage cheaper than a Basic salvage kit. That’s 13 copper saved per basic salvage kit. It’s a small savings, but it is there.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Hehe, all this talk about convenience and savings,

I brought it because it talks to you,

Now.. I shall break you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’m waiting for the one that gives you a chance at a sprocket every use.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for an unlimited upgrade extractor. I don’t care even if it costs 5000 gems; I’d buy one in a heartbeat.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alfador.7649

Alfador.7649

Not quite. It’s .52 copper/salvage cheaper than a Basic salvage kit. That’s 13 copper saved per basic salvage kit. It’s a small savings, but it is there.

It’s a “savings” but it takes many, many salvages before you start saving money. It originally cost 800 gems. If you converted the gems in to gold today, you’d net yourself just over 50g. 0.52 copper is 0.000052 gold.

50g/0.000052g = ~961,538 uses Before it would pay itself back you would have to have avoided buying over 38,000 kits

In the real world, there are many words that apply to a savings this small. Immaterial, irrelevant, insignificant, insubstantial…. any of those work. It is entirely appropriate and accurate to say that this item is PURELY an item of convenience and the savings has NOTHING to do with it.