Economy concerns

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I’m more worried about the Deteriorating Attitudes I’ve seen in game than I am of about economy itself. The Economy can rebound after a while. The Hate and Hostility between farmers and event runners and the general all time low Morale of D.E. teams… I dunno if they’re ever gonna be the same after this

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

But make no mistake. If you didn’t make your Gold from the Queen’s Gauntlet, or Champion farming, you’ll be left behind in terms of wealth. That’s why it’ll be interesting to see how Anet responds to this.

This is incredibly hyperbolous. In the last week, the median player earned less than 3 gold in the new content (that’s discounting all players who earned less than 1 gold).

The ENTIRE week? You have to be kidding.

There is NO way the median player earned ONLY 3g from the new content in an ENTIRE week.

3g is like 20 minutes of play in DR or CS. You can’t tell me that the median player played less than 20 minutes in either of those places over a week.

I’ve played hours.

In the past day, I’ve earned about a gold, but that’s running my elementalist pretty heavy (which would contribute to not making as much) but even on my 80s I wasn’t making near 9g/hr like you say is normal for Divinity’s Reach.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

But make no mistake. If you didn’t make your Gold from the Queen’s Gauntlet, or Champion farming, you’ll be left behind in terms of wealth. That’s why it’ll be interesting to see how Anet responds to this.

This is incredibly hyperbolous. In the last week, the median player earned less than 3 gold in the new content (that’s discounting all players who earned less than 1 gold).

There is NO way the median player earned ONLY 3g from the new content in an ENTIRE week.

3g is like 20 minutes of play in DR or CS. You can’t tell me that the median player played less than 20 minutes in either of those places over a week.

Not every player is out there , flogging the events to death,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I am but I in no way think I am part of the majority,

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phate.4871

Phate.4871

That is a load of BS. IF you want a statistic, then why not only count active players in the living content, this is a pretty useless statistic to all the inactive accounts or underleveled ones.

FA warrior and mesmer.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Radiology.3597

Radiology.3597

My concern is that GW2 is turning into a farm fest when they said this isn’t what they wanted for the game. Granted everything can be considered farming in an MMO but it is pretty ridiculous. I play often and a bit more than casually but if I don’t farm along, and actually “play” the game doing WvW, map completion, whatever it may be, isn’t it simple enough to say I will fall behind the economy?

I personally like WvW but I also don’t want to be broke as hell when the bubble does burst. AND if those are my options, farm or play, then I don’t know if I want to play anymore.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Demorgoth.1205

Demorgoth.1205

yes

It’ll either be a big nerf to the drop rates or rewards from champ circuits (hopefully just by some form of DR on champs), or something to soak up all that extra cash. If it’s the latter, that’ll just further screw all the people who didn’t farm the events hard by mindlessly grinding them when they were highly profitable. Already hit by the inflation through preferring to enjoy the game rather than endlessly repeat actions in a mindless zerg, I hope we don’t get hit with a second disadvantage in trying to rectify all that gold sloshing about suddenly

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fuji.6283

fuji.6283

How do you even make 150 Gold a day with dedicated farming there? LOL. I can see that happening if you get extremely lucky off a champion chest. I can farm there most of the day with near 300 MF and not even make half that amount. What made it worst was when you said “on average”. The troll is certainly strong in this one.

(edited by fuji.6283)

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There are people who play <= 1hr a day and those people probably don’t want to be holed up in the pavilion. Then there are those who play only on weekends. How many people do you think are actually willing to go through with that tedium?

Aside from legendary there isn’t really a whole lot of things that requires a lot of gold in this game. There are stuff in the gem store but plenty of people are willing buy those with cash(this has to be true or ANet is in trouble).

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Asbrandr.6324

Asbrandr.6324

Stating the median number alone doesn’t really give people much to work on, only confuses the less informed people even more (what’s worse is them restating this information to other people, but then uses the word “average”).
As an example, if 80% of players earned 2g, and 20% earned 100g, the median is still only 2g, but the average gold earned per person would be 21.6g.

In any case, if the solution is to provide a more, and bigger gold sinks, I’m scared of what it’d mean for me (though I’ve earned more than 2-3g, but nowhere near the 300g+ that some are claiming…).
From what I’ve been reading about their future plans, I’d say they’ll make gold a little less relevant and emphasize on new currencies and resources, and these would all be time gated, and maybe account bound (which would be a good thing for me so I don’t need to constantly play catch-up, but not for hardcore grinders who worked for endless hours).

Actually, the median is a better number to use when there are excessively high or low outliers, as those outliers will provide misleading averages. For example (using a small sample), one person may make 500g, whereas the other 10 make 3g, as suggested. The median would be 3g, but the average would be 48.18g. The average is misleading because it suggests that the average player made 48.18g, which is clearly not the case in this scenario, as one outlier skewed the average.

Zevkk | 80 Necromancer | Vyhrr Sootshroud | 80 Thief
Cyrus Quintillus | 80 Mesmer | Asbrandr Godrikson | 80 Warrior
Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Miragee.3604

Miragee.3604

yes

I hope you, this time, grab the foundation of the problem and not just the problem itself. There have to be steps for farming that are balanced between difficulty and efficiancy in away that the more difficult stuff gives more rewards in the same time. Many games had that and it leads to many different opportunities for farming in the whole world instead of only one fotm month farm each few month (after an update).

See, before this patch, CoF was the thing with the highest revenue. Then you nerft that and created something that’s far more rewarding, far easier and far more boring. Only a few ideas:

Dungeons should be hard as hell, not that face roll kind of dungeons what we have right now. But if run well (fast, without fails etc.) they should give the highest rewards per time frame.
Easy ways to farm like the champion farm could still give some good rewards over time and the rewards can be much higher compared to dungeons depending on the players skill (a non hard core player might get way more money per time frame out of champion farm then out of dungeons).
Make crafting way more interesting for skins and cosmetics. I hate the increase to 500 for power-gear. But I would love to see a increase to somewhat like 25.000-50.000 with different skins available over the whole course of levels. Craftingmaterials for these should be around the whole world and it should take a considerable amount of them to craft such a skin. That way you can make money by gathering mats and sell them or maybe by craft a high level skin that not many can craft and sell it. That not only enhances crafting but trading, too, which is important imho. The AH is also a major gold sink, so a founding to more regular material trading will also help against the inflation.

And these are only a few ideas. It really doesn’t help to bring one easy zerg fest after another and nerf it after 2 weeks just to bring a new fotm farm. The nerf won’t catch the problem at it’s foundation.

Thanks for reading.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Radiology.3597

Radiology.3597

Just for reference, from my experience: Orr ember events last 20 minutes max with the 5 – 10 min downtime and the 10 minutes of spawning. I get about 25 chests, 10 of the strongboxes, and 15 of the coffers.

20 min = 25 ish boxes
An hour brings in 75, each has 6 silver on average + a blue/green (~1s) and a random mat (i deposit my mats). 75 boxes * 7 Silver = 12.75 gold

That’s not including drops from veteran embers.

And yeah, I’m guilty of joining in the zerg. I didn’t bad mouth anyone, I actually thought the trolling was funny (someone kept killing the Cauldrons for a few hours), but it’s come to the point where I have to make a choice, do I want to farm today or do I want to play WvW. I want to help my server but there are things in the game that lets just face it, it’ll never drop from me. Precursor, Genesis, whatever. And everyone who WvW’s knows there is NO income there. It’s a lame bunch of options.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Highwinter.3190

Highwinter.3190

You can make a couple of gold an hour. Significantly more if you get lucky with drops (and those are skins that will quickly drop in value), but some people are seriously overestimating/exaggerating how much you can make.

Most of the money people are making will be going straight to precursors. That may cause a short term inflation of their prices, but won’t matter once we get the new crafting levels.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Razon.8153

Razon.8153

75 boxes * 7 Silver = 12.75 gold

What? That’s a little bit more than 5 gold mate.
Still, the ember farm is on average at least 10gold/hour if you count crafting material drops, more if you get lucky with drops. However, it takes extreme dedication to farm something mindlessly for hours, which an average player does not have.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

Stating the median number alone doesn’t really give people much to work on, only confuses the less informed people even more (what’s worse is them restating this information to other people, but then uses the word “average”).
As an example, if 80% of players earned 2g, and 20% earned 100g, the median is still only 2g, but the average gold earned per person would be 21.6g.

In any case, if the solution is to provide a more, and bigger gold sinks, I’m scared of what it’d mean for me (though I’ve earned more than 2-3g, but nowhere near the 300g+ that some are claiming…).
From what I’ve been reading about their future plans, I’d say they’ll make gold a little less relevant and emphasize on new currencies and resources, and these would all be time gated, and maybe account bound (which would be a good thing for me so I don’t need to constantly play catch-up, but not for hardcore grinders who worked for endless hours).

Actually, the median is a better number to use when there are excessively high or low outliers, as those outliers will provide misleading averages. For example (using a small sample), one person may make 500g, whereas the other 10 make 3g, as suggested. The median would be 3g, but the average would be 48.18g. The average is misleading because it suggests that the average player made 48.18g, which is clearly not the case in this scenario, as one outlier skewed the average.

True in some cases, but this is why I said the median alone doesn’t suffice. Neither the median or the average by themselves tell the full story.
Without knowing the further information, we can’t tell how much influence these outliers would have on the average, nor what percentage of these outliers consist of.
It could be 51% earned 2g and 49% earned 1000g, or 51% earned 2g and 49% earned 3g. We can’t tell, and ill-informed people are misinterpreting this number.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Median, not average. It’s entirely possible – of course, it would mean that a lot of the people (over a half of active players) are not interested in this new content at all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“I’m more worried about the Deteriorating Attitudes I’ve seen in game than I am of about economy itself. The Economy can rebound after a while. The Hate and Hostility between farmers and event runners and the general all time low Morale of D.E. teams… I dunno if they’re ever gonna be the same after this”

This x1000. The number of players who openly and privately spew name calling, poor attitude in general, and wishes of bodily harm and death threats is overwhelming now. It’s appalling on my server, more so in the Orr area when the event doesn’t fail on purpose. But across the server it is disturbing.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MrIllusion.5304

MrIllusion.5304

Since the topic title is “Economy Concerns”, rather then talk about anecdotal gains from runs, why not focus more on the actual impact on the prices of items on the TP?

Dungeon farming created a lot of wealth for the runners, and contributed to the economy by increasing the supply of ectos and sigils/runes.

The current Champ farms provide wealth through direct silver drops, new gear and mats. However, players are often forced to use waypoints (a gold sink) in order to keep up with the farm order. Remember that waypoint costs will eventually be returned to original prices.

The supply of new gear has been increasing, bringing down the value considerably since the event started. That bonetti rapier or Entropy is no longer as out of reach as you once thought it would be. Also as a result of these farms, the prices of some mats and lodestones have also been driven down because of increased supply.

As a side effect, the price of dusts and ectos have gone up with fewer people farming those.

One thing we need to keep in mind is that unlike dungeon runs, which have their own culture of gear/profession/experience requirements, champ runs are pretty much free-for-all. Hence a lot of players now have access to efficient money-making runs that were previously gated to them.

I would say that the state of the economy isn’t all that different from before. The price shifts are just reflecting the Farm of the Month.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Szamsziel.5627

Szamsziel.5627

Question is – how this is counted? Because probably all those how earn plenty of gold ivested in something (gems?). So how the “earn” is counted?
Gold in valet + gold in guild bank?
Gold in valet?
Simple earn numbers?

Harm is already done.

(edited by Szamsziel.5627)

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Median, not average. It’s entirely possible – of course, it would mean that a lot of the people (over a half of active players) are not interested in this new content at all.

It’s not that I’m not interested as a casual-ish gamer, it was incredibly done. The story is awesome, and I can’t wait to see where this is all going.

It’s a great update in general. But I’m also not there farming 24/7.

I just feel like doing other junk both in game and out. I really don’t care if I’m missing out on the once in a lifetime million billion gold farm.

It’s not that important to me. I like how that seems incredible to some people. lol

When I do go there to farm though, it’s nice. I like it. It’s good money. I can see why the pavilion attracts the farmer type. It has everything all in one place.

It says to the user “farm me :)”.

Doing something over and over ad nauseum isn’t my cup of tea though. So I stop and come back to it later. Everything becomes fun with friends.

I have a few who rarely have time to get on due to work.

They hadn’t gotten the balloon achievement, and it was a great time running around everywhere to get the balloons, even though I had it already myself. I had a blast.

The other night in doing that I met her out in Orr in Cursed Shore (no balloons!), and we just decided to randomly take on the risen giant champion together.

It was a longer fight. We didn’t really get any help beyond one or two people passing by, but eventually we defeated it. It was challenging!

Pretty much the same deal happened the other night with another dear friend and a champion troll out in Sparkfly Fen.

I remembered that troll used to own me back when I first began the game, it was satisfying to take it down.

We were handsomely rewarded due to the new champ loot system, it was wonderful.

We might not have done that prior due to champs not really giving you much of anything.

John Smith’s statements reassure me both that I’m not alone in my way of thinking (as in I’m not a minority), and that I’m right in not worrying about it.

Other things will come and are coming. Y’all have a good time in the Queen’s Pavilion. :3

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

yes

My concern is that people who are bored silly by farming and are unwilling to work for gold will be left out and unable to participate in whatever comes next.

I can see something like each ascended piece of armor requiring 100 gold. That would be terrible.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: moronwmachinegun.3815

moronwmachinegun.3815

How proprietary is the economic data? A histogram would be a lot more informative than just a median.

I think this doesn’t perturb the economy, per se, because along with the gold generated real items are also injected into the economy. High-demand items would get more expensive, except more of them are also being acquired through loot. What I would expect to see is that a lot of people who were close to purchasing their want list, got just enough gold to get it, and will pop the price up a little initially, but as the event progresses the prices will drop to below the original price pre-event as people get more loot drops.

Quaggan is not a bad calf. Quaggan is a good little calf.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Median is pretty worthless in this case. If 70% of the players made 2g but the other 30% made 10,000 gold then you’ve still introduced a huge amount of gold into the economy and caused significant inflation even though the median is only 2g.

Average would be much more meaningful, but of course you can’t give that due to the massive number it would be and the panic and fear of inflation it would cause…

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I’ve been doing the QP and I don’t see where people are claiming to get all this money from. The big bad simply gives me a boat load of greens that are worth nothing, some gear currency, a tube of karma and that’s it. I’m not seeing the vets around them dropping anything other than some T5/T6 mats whose prices have plummeted. Where’s all the “good” loot people are claiming that they are raking in?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I’ve been doing the QP and I don’t see where people are claiming to get all this money from. The big bad simply gives me a boat load of greens that are worth nothing, some gear currency, a tube of karma and that’s it. I’m not seeing the vets around them dropping anything other than some T5/T6 mats whose prices have plummeted. Where’s all the “good” loot people are claiming that they are raking in?

It’s like everything else, sometimes you get lucky. I think there’s DR on the QP, so I recommend checking out one of the Champion trains and see if that’s better. Personally, my drops are always terrible no matter what I’m doing.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Not that I can say I’m “raking” that cash in, been doing around 6-10 champs per day. I vendor all blues and green’s except lvl 80 weapons for forge. I often have yellow drops, 2 exotics so far and a few cores/lodestones. Pretty much doing this daily since last saturday I believe. Since this came together for me with the wallet I can’t absolutely say how much I made, maybe 8G (did not sell anything on TP)?

Are you representing someone when taking a round? I haven’t used MF gear but I have some on it and with the buff I’m a bit over 200%.

Should try my MF gear …

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DaGhostDS.9738

DaGhostDS.9738

I think it was pretty obvious guys. Isn’t ecto up 22s or so?

The market has waaay to many gold faucets right now.

I don’t think nerfing the rate of rares/boxes/mats should be nerfed, but the amount of silver from the boxes definitely should.

Yes, ecto price has been climbing. It could also mean the opportunity cost of farming the daily world boss is increasing, since champ can be more profittable. Less rare = less ectos. I farmed champ a bit, and I noticed the gold generation is not that good, I get tons of greens from those bags.

You also get 5 to 8 silver per box, chance for rare/exotics (which sells from 18s to 45g), chance for tier 6 mats and chance for cores/lodestones.
Your math is wrong :p

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

Farming champions in Orr for about 3 hours nets me 12-15 gold…..and that’s not in one go I can’t farm-mindlessly for hours like I used to anymore. I am amazed people are making so much gold, but it makes me nervous because IF ANet ever does nerf drops etc…..that simply effects people like me who don’t farm constantly….casuals in other words.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

I think it was pretty obvious guys. Isn’t ecto up 22s or so?

The market has waaay to many gold faucets right now.

I don’t think nerfing the rate of rares/boxes/mats should be nerfed, but the amount of silver from the boxes definitely should.

Yes, ecto price has been climbing. It could also mean the opportunity cost of farming the daily world boss is increasing, since champ can be more profittable. Less rare = less ectos. I farmed champ a bit, and I noticed the gold generation is not that good, I get tons of greens from those bags.

You also get 5 to 8 silver per box, chance for rare/exotics (which sells from 18s to 45g), chance for tier 6 mats and chance for cores/lodestones.
Your math is wrong :p

What math? and Aren’t we saying the same thing? (That champ is more worthwhile than World Boss?)

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

QP<Cursed Shore<Frostgorge<Ember<Gauntlet

QP is the worst of the current “best” farms. In general i’ve found I get the following:

4g/hr<6g/hr<8g/hr<12g/hr<18g/hr

It depends on zerg size, no trolls, and for gauntlet sufficient skill.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cinaed.2649

Cinaed.2649

I think that just reinforces the point made. The median player earned less then 3 gold but many others have made hundreds by farming the pavilion and other champions.

I don’t think you understand what median means.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Hell Avenger.7021

I think that just reinforces the point made. The median player earned less then 3 gold but many others have made hundreds by farming the pavilion and other champions.

I don’t think you understand what median means.

I am sure he knows what median mean, it is just he thinks he can get away with it from the Avg joe with no knowledge of basic high school level stats.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ReiKen.9783

ReiKen.9783

honestly i don’t want to see a nerf.. alot of players earn big bucks because of hype and new skins.. but as you can see now the prices are being stabilize now and getting lower.. but if the nerf comes — prices will rise up again and the wealthy ppl becomes wealthier..

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Hell Avenger.7021

honestly i don’t want to see a nerf.. alot of players earn big bucks because of hype and new skins.. but as you can see now the prices are being stabilize now and getting lower.. but if the nerf comes — prices will rise up again and the wealthy ppl becomes wealthier..

what? ok layman term time, inflation increase price, keep injecting the money without nerf… then you will see price keep on increasing.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ulrich.7253

Ulrich.7253

Seriously, Is the percentage of players going nuts on farming the Queen’s events a large enough to be considered a threat that needs to be nerfed? I think the majority of us are casual players and not grinders obbcessed with fake in -game wealth. There will always be those that excel in making $$. Me, I just want my fair share and not have it made harder cuz a few are doing exceedingly well.

Act with wisdom.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Economy concerns….seriously…
Even the more hardcore farmers can at the very most farm only 100-150~gold if they spent several hours each day for a week or so.
That is not over the top, the same can be done with basic dungeon farms.

Now lets take a second and figure out what does a 150 or even 200 g buy me?
It can get me a T3 armor + runes + maybe a few cheap exotics
or you can buy one of the more expensive exotics and get 1 weapon out of it.
Its a celebration, 1 yr into the game here is your chance to finally get 1 wep after you spend countless hour of grinding the same content…is that really breaking the economy? Hell no….
Precursors have been extremely hard to acquire for a casual player since the start and now Anet is giving us a limited time to farm and make decent cash, enjoy it while it lasts and stop crying everytime players find a way to make a little extra gold.

There is no need for any nerf, content is temporary and will go away anyways in a few weeks. Think of this as Anet’s 1 yr gift to us, its much better than a mini Queen Jenna that will stay in my collector’s tab once acquired.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Even the more hardcore farmers can at the very most farm only 100-150~gold if they spent several hours each day for a week or so.

Its a celebration, 1 yr into the game here is your chance to finally get 1 wep after you spend countless hour of grinding the same content…is that really breaking the economy? Hell no….
Precursors have been extremely hard to acquire for a casual player since the start and now Anet is giving us a limited time to farm and make decent cash, enjoy it while it lasts and stop crying everytime players find a way to make a little extra gold.

There is no need for any nerf, content is temporary and will go away anyways in a few weeks. Think of this as Anet’s 1 yr gift to us, its much better than a mini Queen Jenna that will stay in my collector’s tab once acquired.

If I actually spent several hours each day for a week, I would have (assuming 5 hours of farming the Gauntlet per day) – around 700g.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

What was the mean and the 3 sigma?

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

Anyone who’s actually “concerned for the economy” isn’t seeing straight.

Back in GW1 you could log on for a week during an event like halloween, then raptor/vaettir farm trick or treat bags 5 hours per day and make a good 500 platinum over the course of that week.

500 platinum is about 10x as much as you would make “playing normally” for a few weeks. So this is comparable to the amount of money people are making on the extremely high end with the queens jubilee event.

Now look at the GW1 economy, does it look ruined to you? It’s been running healthy for years without any serious developer intervention. And when developers did intervene it was after MONTHS, sometimes YEARS of people farming using those methods already.

So look at how much damage was done by farming to the GW1 economy before you decide the GW2 economy is being damaged.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Gold don’t really last in GW2 , we have alot of sinks and even more coming soon…with the measly 100s of gold i got from him , i still can’t afford what i want lolol

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

ZilentNight.5089

If I actually spent several hours each day for a week, I would have (assuming 5 hours of farming the Gauntlet per day) – around 700g.

No duh genius, more hours you spend the more money you make…
Are you saying 700g is a lot of money? You cant even make one of the better legendaries with that, infact that barely gets you half way.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kronus.6048

Kronus.6048

Median is pretty worthless in this case. If 70% of the players made 2g but the other 30% made 10,000 gold then you’ve still introduced a huge amount of gold into the economy and caused significant inflation even though the median is only 2g.

Average would be much more meaningful, but of course you can’t give that due to the massive number it would be and the panic and fear of inflation it would cause…

lol 10000 gold? I’m not even sure where you’re pulling those numbers from

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Hell Avenger.7021

he is using a mathematical example…. are you an elementary students?

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kronus.6048

Kronus.6048

not really, but everyone knows anet has usually enough gold sink to send away most of the gold. Also, the highest gold makers are still the same people: the big guys trading all day on TP making hundreds daily, so I don’t see any issue.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Hell Avenger.7021

not really, but everyone knows anet has usually enough gold sink to send away most of the gold. Also, the highest gold makers are still the same people: the big guys trading all day on TP making hundreds daily, so I don’t see any issue.

Then you should get his point. Median # that Adam Smith gave was useless.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: John Smith.4610

Previous

John Smith.4610

It’s actually very useful, you just need to apply a little work.
Think of what you know. You know that many, many people play the content, which means you know the distribution is dense.
Knowing the general shapes of dense distributions, apply a tail to each side, but I told you I eliminated one tail.
Now you have several possible models of total wealth gain for the content that you can get pretty accurate with only the one number. The individual isn’t important for what you’re attempting to learn, only the aggregate.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

yes

Is it possible to give us some hint on what you meant by that?

Does it mean more material/gold sink with new ascended/legendary gear?

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

The individual isn’t important for what you’re attempting to learn, only the aggregate.

I beg to differ… Both the Fortune and the Folley of isntant trading & Computer Networks in general is that other end of the Bell Curve always goes beyond 2nd to 3rd power Exponential when it comes to disparity (And thus, Manipulation and Influence). There’s real Math behind it too in our real economy where Disparity is pretty bad but its not nearly as pronounced as it is in GW2… (Atleast not what people imagine it to be)

Gold don’t really last in GW2 , we have alot of sinks and even more coming soon…with the measly 100s of gold i got from him , i still can’t afford what i want lolol

The reason you can’t afford this stuff is because the Cycle of inflation hasn’t stopped since last August when hardcore farming first started… It’s a total mystery that Gem prices are still as low as they are.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Since this event launched i’ve made 300g of pure cash and another 200g from selling crap.

This is with very casual play (3 hours a day) I plan on making another 500g over the weekend since I have time to play.

Three hours a day is not casual play.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

ZilentNight.5089

It’s actually very useful, you just need to apply a little work.
Think of what you know. You know that many, many people play the content, which means you know the distribution is dense.
Knowing the general shapes of dense distributions, apply a tail to each side, but I told you I eliminated one tail.
Now you have several possible models of total wealth gain for the content that you can get pretty accurate with only the one number. The individual isn’t important for what you’re attempting to learn, only the aggregate.

Straight from the expert, they are aware of the current situation and do not think its anywhere close to damaging the economy. Only thing that is inflating here are the comments of people rather than the economy.
Players who havent profitted much or want to prevent others from making gold during this limited time event are blowing this way out of proportion.

Economy concerns

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yaos.4528

Yaos.4528

They will introduce the ability to buy quaggan merchandise with gold, removing all money from the game.