Elements Armor

Elements Armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zaneber.6908

zaneber.6908

You recently introduced the flame armor to the gem shop, why not continue with this.

Flame (which we have now)
Water (Ice with a nice frost effect) See Picture (found on the web)
Earth ( Something plant like perhaps)
Air. (Storm like effect, lightning)

Do not use the same armor skins, you have a design team, each element should have an individual look to the armor itself.

Attachments:

Elements Armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’ve been wishing for some other elemental armor for ages now. I’m particularly shocked that there’s no ice armor yet, what with the fact that HotW has ice weapons as do the Sons of Svanir, you’d think there’d be some ice armor somewhere.

And yet all we ever get is fire, fire, and more fire. Quite a shame.

Elements Armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zaneber.6908

zaneber.6908

There has been a lot of fire items lately. Could also do a set called void or darkness and one for light.

Elements Armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Legendary Armor for Elementalists. An armor skin whose particle effects change depending on which Attunement you are currently using.

Do. Want.

Elements Armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Electro.4173

Legendary Armor for Elementalists. An armor skin whose particle effects change depending on which Attunement you are currently using.

Do. Want.

Do not want. And by “do not want” what I really mean is please don’t add that to the game because I don’t want to grind for a legendary of any sort but that would be way too awesome to pass up.

Elements Armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

You recently introduced the flame armor to the gem shop, why not continue with this.

Or why not NOT continue with this and instead put the particle effect on a dye channel.

This way you can dye it into flame (orange), smoke (grey), ice (white), water (blue), necro (green), mesmer (pink), nightmare (black) or whatever else type of magic you fancy at the time.

It would be infinitely more useful and I’d be infinitely more likely to buy the armor. I change my style often and I probably won’t ever buy an armor that only suits one style / can’t be re-used / re-combined with other elements. So, putting out 4 different gem story armor sets for four different elements will NOT make me buy 4 different sets (not even one of them), while releasing ONE versatile set will definitely make me buy it.

Elements Armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Electro.4173

Or why not NOT continue with this and instead put the particle effect on a dye channel.

This way you can dye it into flame (orange), smoke (grey), ice (white), water (blue), necro (green), mesmer (pink), nightmare (black) or whatever else type of magic you fancy at the time.

Blue fire is still fire, at least to me. Changing the color wouldn’t really make it a different element.

And I suspect changing the color of a particle effect is something that would require a lot more technical changes than you’d think.

Elements Armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Do. Want.

Do not want. And by “do not want” what I really mean is please don’t add that to the game because I don’t want to grind for a legendary of any sort but that would be way too awesome to pass up.

Hehe, you and me both, Electro. You and me both.

Elements Armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Blue fire is still fire, at least to me. Changing the color wouldn’t really make it a different element.

And I suspect changing the color of a particle effect is something that would require a lot more technical changes than you’d think.

But if you look at the recently released flame* sets, there’s no fire on them. It’s really orange smoke, if anything. And that smoke could be a hundred different things if dyed a hundred different colors.

If it was actual flames, I’d agree. But it isn’t.

Elements Armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Looks a tad like the elemental armor from CoH, rest it’s digital soul.

Wait, it is the elemental ice armor from CoH.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Elements Armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

I too would LOVE to see more “elemental” themes outside of fire.

We have 6 dragons, let’s spice things up a bit

Elements Armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Yes please. I want a lava look for my fire elementalist. To this day I still haven’t found the right combination, so I too am hoping for element-specific armor.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Elements Armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

excuse me while I drool

#ELEtism

Elements Armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

pretty sure the fire is only cas that new hunger games just came out ;p