Eye patch & new sickle in Gemstore

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Today’s Gemstore update introduced two new items

Magnus’s Eye Patch – Skin- 400 gems

• Two eye patches are provided, one for left eye and one for right eye. It is a skin for your helm slot. Only one eye patch can be worn at a time
  • [&AgGmwwAA] Magnus’s Left Eye Patch
  • [&AgGowwAA] Magnus’s Right Eye Patch
  • Two dye slots, one for the band, and one for the patch
  • Pics: http://imgur.com/a/3pGMH

Thresher-Sickle 5000- 1000 gems

More info: http://dulfy.net/2014/02/25/gw2-magnuss-eye-patch-and-thresher-sickle-5000-in-gemstore/

Enjoy!

(edited by dulfy.1493)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

100 gems? :O

/15

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gray Fox.9178

Gray Fox.9178

The price of Thresher-Sickle 5000 is the standard 1000 Gems for unlimited tools.

Gray Drury, Golemancer of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Any word on if there is an undocumented bonus aspect to this sickle like the pick gave sprockets? Just like the pick, the description in the store makes no mention of a bonus. You had to buy the pick to then find out via its item description that it had the extra “feature” on it.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Only one patch at a time? That’s no fun. But I like the notion, despite the expense, that you could swap between them while playing.

“Wasn’t your eye patch on the other eye?”

“No. Are you feeling alright?”

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

StinVec.3621

Only one patch at a time? That’s no fun. But I like the notion, despite the expense, that you could swap between them while playing.

“I’m wearing an eye patch?!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

I was thinking more like Igor’s hump in Young Frankenstein.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Any word on if there is an undocumented bonus aspect to this sickle like the pick gave sprockets? Just like the pick, the description in the store makes no mention of a bonus. You had to buy the pick to then find out via its item description that it had the extra “feature” on it.

No undocumented bonus as far as I can see

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeltaElite.5832

DeltaElite.5832

I’m not seeing anything either. I’ve tried quite a few different plants and it’s all the same animation with no additional benefits. I didn’t have a permatool before this one (and the two mining picks since I just came back to the game since it’s release). It’s an interesting animation, but for some reason it throws me off… maybe it’s because it sort of happens nearly AFTER you obtain the plants you’re harvesting? That and I have always wanted to falcon-punch any golems I see.

in Black Lion Trading Co

StinVec.3621

Thank you very much for updating and answering that for me. I was quite curious to know if it did or did not.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

From the look of it, whoever did the asset liked The Hobbit Part 2.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phalanix.7542

Phalanix.7542

Is it just me or is the new harvesting sickle slower than the original consortium sickle? Could be just the animation of the character kneeling down that’s throwing me of…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Another lazy armor piece for an extortionate price.

Welp, there goes another month I won’t be supporting the gem store.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thoughtless.7148

Thoughtless.7148

so since it comes with the left and right skin for the eye patch does that mean i need to have 2 separate helmets to transmute them both onto?

in Black Lion Trading Co

StinVec.3621

so since it comes with the left and right skin for the eye patch does that mean i need to have 2 separate helmets to transmute them both onto?

Yes. Only one can be used at a time, and using each once consumes the skins. So it is not an infinite use skin to be applied repeatedly to change which side is used.

If you apply the left patch to your helm it gets consumed.
If you apply the right patch onto your left patch, your left patch is gone for good.
You must have two helms with the skins applied to each of them and swap the actual helms to swap which eye is used.

Maybe they will add a PvE skin closet in the future which makes skins infinite use (I wouldn’t even mind having to pay some coin every time I withdrew a skin from it).

As it is now, use any (non-achievement reward) skin and it can not be applied more than once. That’s a horrible idea considering we are dropping a ton of gems on skins that are single use. I’m sure their sales would actually increase if skins were unlocked for the account even if there is a withdraw charge for future uses of the skin. I really don’t know about their monetization team and where they get these ideas or why they stick with them. My business and marketing professors that I keep in touch with just shake their heads with each new item added to the gem store. It is quite sad to see the potential to make many players happy and to vastly increase revenue at the same time not being realized.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Can you wear both at the same time?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thoughtless.7148

Thoughtless.7148

Can you wear both at the same time?

from my understanding of the other guys reply, you get 2 skins with the purchase one left and one right and each can be applied to one helmet. so…no you can only wear one side as you can only wear one helmet

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tekonus.4735

tekonus.4735

I feel like they would sell way more of these unlimited tools if they adjusted the price DOWN instead of UP. They started out at 800 gems… That’s $10 a pop, for use on one character. Now they are 1000 gems. If they were 250-350 gems a piece I’d probably own multiples of them on multiple characters. For 1000 gems, I’ll pass… and keep passing until they lower the price.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

@Smooth Penguin: I believe there’s a bandana you can wear if you’re a Light Armor user if that’s what you’re after.

in Black Lion Trading Co

StinVec.3621

@Smooth Penguin: I believe there’s a bandana you can wear if you’re a Light Armor user if that’s what you’re after.

Unfortunately, I believe Smooth was poking fun at how could anyone be able to use both on a single helm, and that two helms would obviously be needed; one for each skin. I believe they were basing this idea on skins and helms as they currently exist, instead of how they could exist (and has been requested and might have been implemented) to where the helm has an additional L/R check box under the Show/Hide box that toggles the left or right patch as being displayed. Sadly, this was not added for this skin despite being the perfect opportunity to implement this type of feature.

I still strongly desire a “Mirror” button implemented next to each armor slot that flips the skin. Would be really nice for further defining our character appearances instead of seeing so many cookie-cutter clones. It would be really nice to have human T3 medium with an underboob on her right instead of on her left with the sash/skirt thing hanging off the left instead of the right. Or, like with shoulder armor that is only on one shoulder, have it on the opposite shoulder instead. So many shoulders clip with the feathers on the right arm of the light Phoenix chest armor that would not if the shoulders could be flipped, or the chest armor flipped to where the sleeve is on the left arm instead of on the right. So many possibilities for customization options, yet there does not seem to be any interest in actually implementing any like this…or any at all for that matter.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Soltari.7914

Soltari.7914

I want to pay another 500 gems and change the golem on the consortium sickle. Golem is slow and does not look good.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

I was thinking more like Igor’s hump in Young Frankenstein.

Scary… I got it on the first post

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eidola.9148

Eidola.9148

I feel like they would sell way more of these unlimited tools if they adjusted the price DOWN instead of UP. They started out at 800 gems… That’s $10 a pop, for use on one character. Now they are 1000 gems. If they were 250-350 gems a piece I’d probably own multiples of them on multiple characters. For 1000 gems, I’ll pass… and keep passing until they lower the price.

They raised the price to 1000 gems when they made them Account Bound instead of Soulbound. This way you only need to buy one permanent harvesting item and you can share it among all your characters.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: yoggomo.5308

yoggomo.5308

how come Golem sickle’s casting speed is still slow? is it working as intended? I shouldn’t have bought it in the first place…

(edited by yoggomo.5308)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Only 400 gems for the eyepatch? Pleasantly surprised the price went down a bit. Still overpriced, but better than the 500-gem nonsense the last few individual armor skins have been going for.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Only 400 gems for the eyepatch? Pleasantly surprised the price went down a bit. Still overpriced, but better than the 500-gem nonsense the last few individual armor skins have been going for.

I paid 34g for it, if you think about it, that ain’t to much. Things like the monocle and other ‘special’ headpieces go for way more gold than 34. So it is a decent price. The only problem is when buying it with real money. But the gold you get for real money is just too low compared to how easy money is made ingame.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

would be funny to lose 3D perspective when eye patch is equipped.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Electro.4173

I paid 34g for it, if you think about it, that ain’t to much. Things like the monocle and other ‘special’ headpieces go for way more gold than 34. So it is a decent price. The only problem is when buying it with real money. But the gold you get for real money is just too low compared to how easy money is made ingame.

I’m mostly using the full armor sets as a comparison for saying its overpriced.

Full armor set, 6 pieces of armor, runs 800 gems. Which means each individual piece of armor is roughly 133 gems. Now, sets are usually cheaper than individual items, but 400 gems is a 300% markup compared to the price of a single item in a set, which is too much IMO. 200 gems would be a “reasonable” mark up for a single item compared to one piece of a set, I think. So until individual armor pieces reach that point, I’ll consider them overpriced, personally.

Still glad it went down and didn’t stay at 500 or go up even higher, though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Keep in mind that you actually get two skins for your 400 gems when you buy the eye patch. One for the left eye, one for the right. My street rat warrior who got mangled in the LA attack is getting one eye patch — and I still have another for whatever alt can use it. It’s just a matter of deciding who gets which eye covered.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I really like the look of the eye patch. The detail is really pretty.

Shame though for any player who can’t zoom in on their own head to actually see it.

i.e. everybody.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Electro.4173

I really like the look of the eye patch. The detail is really pretty.

Shame though for any player who can’t zoom in on their own head to actually see it.

i.e. everybody.

Position yourself in front of a wall and swing the camera over so it forces the camera to zoom in to avoid clipping into the wall. You can get some pretty nice close-ups with that, though it takes some precise positioning.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I’m aware of that, but the risk is pretty high that I’ll accidentally zoom into my skull, seeing eyeballs and skullish teeth through translucent skin… Urgh! I’m not spending 400 gems on an item that requires such lengths to admire.

The only way the game deliberately offers us is to use (and cancel) a hair style or make-up kit. I don’t know why the hero page or even login screen allow us to zoom in.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Of course if you get too close you will see that your character actually has eyeballs as the model goes translucent.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Meh, eye patches aren’t my thing and the sickle looks like it would slow me down. I think the consortium sickle is faster. Not interested in either of these items.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor