Flame & Frost Themed Dye drop data

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

(..)No one is going to even notice if you have an “exclusive dye color”, there are already so many shades across the color spectrum that no one will notice or care.(..)

Ha, yeah right, for what i saw, some of these colors ARE actually that good and do stand out. Even more, by having combined them with right equipment part you can get some really awesome and outstanding results. Neverless i do agree with rest you said :P

Well I main a Charr Guardian, tested them with the preview function (thanks Karizee.8076!) and didn’t notice THAT much of a difference. I was actually a bit disappointed. The one thing I did see is that the details on the back of the armor ( a two headed bird) showed up really well, enough for me to want the dye I looked at, but I sure am not going to pay 30 gold for the dye I wanted! On top of that, RNG and I don’t get along. The only luck I get is bad, so I make my own luck.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seyon.2841

Seyon.2841

I accidently bought the single pack first and got a regular rare, Charcoal. Then I went ahead and bought a five-pack and got two of the new flame-themed dyes, Flame and Flare.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

The new dyes are ok, but nothing special. To me nothing can beat black and white unless we get particle effect dye’s, transparent (ghostly), or shiney matallic dyes (juggernaut look). Not just another dyes who’s color is 1 shade off a dye thats worth 1s, eventhough these are RARE, who can tell that on an armor? They arn’t eye catching enough to justify the price. If i pay alot it must be cool. Please make awsome new dyes EYECATCHING and AMAZING.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

The new dyes are ok, but nothing special. To me nothing can beat black and white unless we get particle effect dye’s, transparent (ghostly), or shiney matallic dyes (juggernaut look). Not just another dyes who’s color is 1 shade off a dye thats worth 1s, eventhough these are RARE, who can tell that on an armor? They arn’t eye catching enough to justify the price. If i pay alot it must be cool. Please make awsome new dyes EYECATCHING and AMAZING.

And therein lies the issue with having 400+ dyes.

I like this dye system a whole lot more than GW1’s, in that I don’t have to try mixing different combos of 4 of like 10 colors (where you could use one color multiple times for differing effect) for each armor set.

However, the character bound nature of it seems purely to be a money-grab, as ArenaNet stated (during early days of beta) how amazing the dye system is and that once you unlocked a dye, it’d be available for ALL characters. (Account bound)

I don’t see the point to paying crazy prices for dyes, especially considering it’s not like people spend much time looking at your armor. Most “prestige” stuff has been relegated to back pieces and weapons (neither of which can be dyed).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Just another show of how eager Anet is to crap all over their players. You fan boys might not care, but you are the tiny percentage. Love getting scammed all you want, but the rest of the gamers are going to HATE Anet for this. Good job sending people back to WoW.

People don’t just play the game for dyes, dunno about you and the “majority”. I won’t be leaving over a little dye RNG when I didn’t leave over the clover RNG for legendaries, the black lion chest RNG for infinite tonics, the— You get the idea. You’re still here, whining, and now your reason to ‘send people back to WoW’ as though there were no alternatives is over a dye problem. Okay, haha. Okay.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Gaviston Hawkington.9647

I guess I’m one of the players who failed the “sucker test”. I purchased one frost and one flame dye with GEMS only to get duplicates of dyes I already had. (que game show loser sound effect)

It took a second reading of the description for me to realize that there were only 6 new dyes for each theme. sigh

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yelena Lucius.3059

Yelena Lucius.3059

I wish I had seen this post before I went ahead and spent my money the night before:

I purchased the frost kit and got a gray named Tea.

Then, I purchased the flame kit (twice) and received the same exact color back to back: Gray.