Gemstore update - Lawless gloves boots &mini

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Hey everyone, the gemstore was just updated tonight with Lawless Gloves and Lawless Boots (300 gems) to complete the 4pc Lawless set. In addition, a new mini Arctodus was added for 400 gems.

Here are some pics of the gloves/boots on various races and some pics of the 4 pc set.

http://dulfy.net/2014/05/13/gw2-gemstore-lawless-gloves-boots-and-mini-arctodus/

Enjoy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

and we get 8 gems for 1 gold
soon it will be 1 gem 1 gold

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Always a spike during EU AM and Oceania PM when a desirable item returns, in this case the Witch’s outfit. And right after a key sale too.

Also 6g for $1.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

.. So they want to sell the complete lawless armor for 1800 gems?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

well the problem is more:
1 full armor skin = 800 gems
1 armor piece =300 gems (sets = 1800 ._.)

Or:
3 special minis 600 gems in the past
1 special mini 400 gems .-. (and the work behind it is slightly less than a head resize…)

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

What the hell? They’re armor skin piecemeal at 300 gems each now?

Guess I should’ve expected this after seeing Scarlet’s gloves and pauldrons at that price.

Edit: I suppose the justification they’re trying to make is that it’s for all weight classes, but that still smacks of price gouging.

(edited by Pandaman.4758)

in Black Lion Trading Co

kokiman.2364

What the hell? They’re armor skin piecemeal at 300 gems each now?

Guess I should’ve expected this after seeing Scarlet’s gloves and pauldrons at that price.

Edit: I suppose the justification they’re trying to make is that it’s for all weight classes, but that still smacks of price gouging.

How is that a justification that just means less work for them because they can’t just release a single new armor set for 1 weight class, people would freak out.

GuildWars 2

in Black Lion Trading Co

Pandaman.4758

How is that a justification that just means less work for them because they can’t just release a single new armor set for 1 weight class, people would freak out.

To be fair, from what I’ve heard about how the models for the different weight classes are put together making one set work across all three weight classes does require extra work; on one hand it’s appreciated since I dislike arbitrary armor weight restrictions anyway, on the other hand it’s a corner they painted themselves into.

I don’t know if that extra work justifies a (potentially) 1800 gem set though. I think 800 gems is already overpriced to begin with, anything above that starts going into ludicrous territory.

in Black Lion Trading Co

kokiman.2364

To be fair, from what I’ve heard about how the models for the different weight classes are put together

A naked human warrior looks the same as a naked human engineer, there is no difference.

GuildWars 2

in Black Lion Trading Co

Pandaman.4758

A naked human warrior looks the same as a naked human engineer, there is no difference.

To put it simply each weight class (light, medium, heavy) has different modeling which can cause clipping, gaps, or flickering textures if you just copy and paste meshes; so each version of the armor needs to be tweaked to prevent those bug, thus the extra work.

But, again, I don’t think it’s more than double the price worth of work.

Edit: okay, not to put it simply armor/clothes in games don’t work like in real life: you don’t just put the armor over the body, because all that skin you’re hiding is wasted triangles/polys that drag down performance. Standard strategy to address this is you replace whatever the armor is going over.

So for example you’re wearing a medium weight vest, the game model isn’t just a vest, it’s a vest with arms (but no hands) sticking out of it; it replaces your naked character’s torso and arms to create the illusion that you’re “wearing” a vest. The problem that Anet has is, apparently, they decided that each weight class will have a different standard for where the neck, wrist, waist, and ankle seams are – so if you equip a heavy coat and light pants, there will either be a big gap or lots of clipping where the waist is because they use different standards.

(edited by Pandaman.4758)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

What do you mean COMPLETE set… it’s missing 2 pieces. I refuse to acknowledge a complete set with only 4 pieces. A full set of armor is 6 (no one counts the aquatic piece…)

I guess Anet thinks those 4 pieces are optional or advanced accessories if they don’t make the entire set. I was excited to see there were 2 more pieces, hoping one day to have the option to purchase an entire skin set, but if this is it then no thanks; I don’t support lazy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I don’t know what’s worse… the horrendous appearance of the Lawless Armor, or how overpriced it is.

I say both.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I wonder – why would anyone buy such expensive pieces that are so bland (I personally think the lawless stuff are ugly as hell) over a set that costs less yet have flame effects or glows. -_-

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

There were many complaints on the forums from people just wanting part of a set of armor and who did not want to buy the whole set for just that piece. Apparently ANet has delivered on that, and in the expected manner (a.k.a. each piece more expensive than 1/6 of what the whole set should cost).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

apparently is acceptable now to sell individual pieces at a much higher price than a fullset now.

thankls alot.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

apparently is acceptable now to sell individual pieces at a much higher price than a fullset now.

thankls alot.

Call it a bundle discount. You buy all 6, you get them cheap. You want one piece? you get to pay more.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“There were many complaints on the forums from people just wanting part of a set of armor and who did not want to buy the whole set for just that piece. Apparently ANet has delivered on that, and in the expected manner (a.k.a. each piece more expensive than 1/6 of what the whole set should cost).”

However players didn’t want the option to buy the full set for one price removed either.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Just release the Lawless as a complete set and stop this kittenery.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

But this way they can take the development of a single armor look and drag it out 6 weeks.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Prepare for 1800 gem armor sets!
Ka-ching!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

This whole Lawless set has been completely underwhelming.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I like the ability for players to buy individual pieces if they want to, I think the prices for the Lawless pieces are too steep. (Fortunately I’m not taken with the look and wasn’t planning on getting it anyway.) 800 – 1000 gems is about as much as I’d pay for a full set of armor skins, so individual pieces would need to be commensurate for me to buy them.

That said, I hope that ANet is considering releasing more individual pieces for past armor sets. I still want a complete Toxic armor set for my Sylvari.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Leo Paul.1659

I’m willing to pay up to 6k gems for an armor set (1k per piece) if it looks really good. But this lawless crap is just so freaking ugly!!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

thankls alot.

It’s been that way since they started selling stand-alone pieces for half the price of a full armor set, which was what, almost a year ago?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zanshin.5379

I’m willing to pay up to 6k gems for an armor set (1k per piece)

Looks like somebody’s rich.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I’m willing to pay up to 6k gems for an armor set (1k per piece) if it looks really good. But this lawless crap is just so freaking ugly!!!

Lets see, you are willing to pay $12 (1000 gems) for each piece of armor from the gem store. That is $72 bucks for the entire set.

The game has been on sale and costs now $25 bucks….
That is nearly 3 times the cost of the entire game.

Do you still think that’s a bright idea?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Some people are considerate consumers, and others “just like the way it hurts”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

As long as they bring out ugly armor sets, I don’t care what they charge for them.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

But this way they can take the development of a single armor look and drag it out 6 weeks.

And charge more

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Black Lion Trading Co

Leo Paul.1659

Lets see, you are willing to pay $12 (1000 gems) for each piece of armor from the gem store. That is $72 bucks for the entire set.

The game has been on sale and costs now $25 bucks….
That is nearly 3 times the cost of the entire game.

I’ve only played asian MMO’s before GW2. $72 is a steal.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

thankls alot.

Call it a bundle discount. You buy all 6, you get them cheap. You want one piece? you get to pay more.

What bundle discount?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zanshin.5379

thankls alot.

What bundle discount?

Just what he/she described. You buy all 6 pieces, you get a special low price. You buy only a few pieces, you pay full price. That’s not what we have now, though.