Getting rich off Trading Post games

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

So put in a bid like everyone else or farm them yourself. Time is money and money is time saved. High demand coupled with few farmers equals high price.

Or you can buy crafting bags for laurels or upgrade lower tier and hopefully cheaper ones. Or salvage a lot.

But you choose to believe that the price of those “monster parts” is solely due to manipulation rather than actual market forces because you can’t afford them to do what? Craft for quick leveling because few items craft for either profit or leveling crafting skill.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Lol. You have missed the entire point of my posts. Perhaps I have not made myself clear. Another poster mentioned that in an adventure game, one expects to achieve everything whilst adventuring. One expects trade to be a part of this experience, certainly, but not it’s core.

Seriously. Listen to yourselves. ‘Market forces’ should not be relevant to a discussion of video game activities.

But we’re straying from the topic at hand I think.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Do tell what items that you “need” to have. You don’t have to give a list. Just name one single item.

Vials of blood, bones and other assorted monster parts that are used in most types of crafting.

And in response to this: Kill enemies and get them as loot drops.

You don’t have to buy them from the TP. You want to because it fast tracks your crafting. So basically, you’re making me money because of impatience. Even more so now, since T5 prices have nearly doubled recently. There’s no speculation required as well, since I already know people will buy my stuff.

Seriously. Listen to yourselves. ‘Market forces’ should not be relevant to a discussion of video game activities.

It’s only relevant to the people who actually care about using the TP. For those who just want to play this game for fun, thinking about ROIs, Supply and Demand, and other good stuff isn’t required. Let us worry about these issues.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jahroots.6791

I wouldn’t call it impatience. I’m sure you are aware that it is quite tedious to gather the required amounts of those things in a reasonable amount of time. Game design simultaneously necessitates and bolsters the TP.

Which as I said, is a big whoop for you lot. Not so much for the rest of us.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

I grant you in a single player RPG that you should expect to achieve everything but it’s different in an MMO as soon as you allow players to trade with each other.

And the devs were quite upfront that legendary weapons are difficult to craft and the primary reason is that precursors drop very infrequently on an individual player basis. But legendary weapons also require participation in activities that an individual player may not enjoy participating in, such as dungeon speed running. It’s tough to get those badges if you keep getting booted because you haven’t made dungeon running your life, or that you are a natural klutz with your keyboard and mouse which is why you don’t play FPSes.

Other items require real money to acquire via the Gem Shop, but on an RNG basis, so they are naturally scarce.

But, you say, players with big bags of gold can buy gems (causing the exchange rate to rise for everyone else) to eventually acquire those expensive skins and dyes for their own use while selling what they don’t want to offset their investment in gems. True but that big pile of money could have come from continuous farming before the various nerfs took place. Getting “lucky” with precursors and crafting legendaries. Or even lucky with keys and dye purchases from the Gem Shop and turning that into gold or showing them off on their own characters.

The assumption that only the TP is the source of such wealth and therefore the root of all evil is what bothers me.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

I wouldn’t call it impatience. I’m sure you are aware that it is quite tedious to gather the required amounts of those things in a reasonable amount of time.

Let’s focus on this for a moment. If Anet Devs initially wanted Legendary crafting to take upwards of a year to do, whose problem is it if you decide to do it within a month?

If you’re unwilling to take the time to craft it normally, and want it right away, that would fall under “impatience”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

Now that the megaserver has spawned, mats are starting to increase in price and this is not because of flippers. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, if you farm intelligently, just farm mats and mob drops, you can easily make 10 gold a day. Easily. 1 powerful blood is 50 silver, an armored shell, 45. Guess what, Orr is full of those but people don’t want to get map completion or “grind”.

You think flippers just arbitrarily select a commodity and invest in it? They work, they spend hours figuring out gaps, then they speculate using their gold, thereby taking gold FROM the economy and strengthening the remainder.

I am not a flipper because it is more effort than I want to expend but I will buy thousands of runes and throw them in the forge, I will take my three mains through Malchor’s and Cursed shore and fill my inventory, I won’t go after a legendary when ascended has the same stats and I won’t chase an investment unless I really think it’s going to turn around or appreciate further.

I’ve been burned, lost lots of gold just playing on the TP but to have massive amounts of gold shouldn’t be your end game. If you think having all the gold in the world is the answer, you belong on the TP. If you want fun, farm, play WvW and EotM, do dungeons or champ events.

Just quit blaming other people’s success for your lack of it……

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jahroots.6791

Let’s focus on this for a moment. If Anet Devs initially wanted Legendary crafting to take upwards of a year to do, whose problem is it if you decide to do it within a month?

If you’re unwilling to take the time to craft it normally, and want it right away, that would fall under “impatience”.

When I speak of crafting, I mean plain old 1-400 crafting. When I was a new player, it seemed like a monumental challenge.

Again, I’m not coming here as some ne’er do well, whiner or slacker. I have made more than enough gold for my needs. I have absolutely no interest in legendary weapons. just made a few ascended, bought thousands of gems for armour skins and transmutation with gold, and I am sitting on a few hundred coin with absolutely fugh-all to spend it on. I’m doing okay.

I simply voiced an opinion in support of another poster – we believe too much of this games content seems to revolve around trading. That’s it. No complaints about being unable to get what we want, no problems with you TP players (except perhaps, just the tiniest bit of jealousy ). Cheers.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

The heart of these complaints is that players feel “Entitled” to good stuff with no effort. That, and the jealousy of some over the players who do well with the market.

You keep saying this. Maybe you’re under the impression that if you repeat it enough, that will make it true? Sadly it won’t.

And once you realize that the game doesn’t revolve around the TP

Wow… just wow… that’s just.. an absurd thing to say.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

When I speak of crafting, I mean plain old 1-400 crafting. When I was a new player, it seemed like a monumental challenge.

Again, I’m not coming here as some ne’er do well, whiner or slacker. I have made more than enough gold for my needs. I have absolutely no interest in legendary weapons. just made a few ascended, bought thousands of gems for armour skins and transmutation with gold, and I am sitting on a few hundred coin with absolutely fugh-all to spend it on. I’m doing okay.

I simply voiced an opinion in support of another poster – we believe too much of this games content seems to revolve around trading. That’s it. No complaints about being unable to get what we want, no problems with you TP players (except perhaps, just the tiniest bit of jealousy ). Cheers.

The TP makes it possible for people like you to get Gem Store items without spending a real dollar on this game. My income from the TP is nowhere near that range yet. But as I posted in a different thread, it’s the players themselves that make the TP a focus, not the game. If you want that instant gratification, and can afford it, the TP allows you to skip past the time it takes to farm. And if you have an item that people desire, you can sell it to them or keep it for yourself.

The game is what you make of it. Play it for fun, or play it to make in game Gold. Anet doesn’t force you to do either, it just gives you the options. As Captain Planet would say: The Power is YOURS!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I eagerly Await your suggestions.

How would you feel about an option for a buy/sell pricewhich is somewhere between the current buy and sell offers (I like the midpoint)? I would be willing to use that, but find it too tedious to enter the midpoint manually each time I want to sell something; I know it’s not needed right now, but I suspect that if it existed the buy/sell prices would be more likely to converge. (This does mean more efficient pricing, and less profit for flippers … at least for active markets.) The only real downside I see is that it might reduce the depth of orders … but I think prices would fluctuate enough during the day that you could still do range trading.

This exists already.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Also consider that any changes you make to the game will be reflected in the tp. If you buff farming income TP prices will just get higher and you will still be poor. If you nerf the tp directly the damage will be passed to the consumer through higher prices and less supply. Then the tp players will just move to the grey market and will continue making more money than you.

The profit they make is directly related to the willingness of others to join their market. If you want less profit, encourage tp trading, so more players will share the income.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

It’s actually “TP Wars 2”, btw.
and we make items cheaper for you instead of buy orders of 10s and sell listings of 60s for ecto, we equilibrate it to 35/36. 10s if you’re looking to sell it and 60s if you’re looking to buy it is a pretty crummy proposition.
If you want to see no one play the TP, then just sell everything you have via sell listing and buy everything via buy order. Then you can wait for things to be filled instead of us. Most of our coin is made by making purchases more convenient to everyone else.

This.

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RadiantPrism.2861

RadiantPrism.2861

It’s actually “TP Wars 2”, btw.
and we make items cheaper for you instead of buy orders of 10s and sell listings of 60s for ecto, we equilibrate it to 35/36. 10s if you’re looking to sell it and 60s if you’re looking to buy it is a pretty crummy proposition.
If you want to see no one play the TP, then just sell everything you have via sell listing and buy everything via buy order. Then you can wait for things to be filled instead of us. Most of our coin is made by making purchases more convenient to everyone else.

This.

Amen.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Like i said, these conversations are generally pointless, you end up having a discussion with people who have a vested interest in things staying the way they are.

Heres my opinion, its a mistake to seperate game design from reward design. Whats good for the economy is not necessarily good for the gameplay. The point of this topic is essentially, that is kind of ridiculous that the endgame is about obtaining massive gold, and that the best way to do it has nothing to do with fighting/exploring/heroing etc.

If you actually have a goal in game, playing the game is going against achieving that. The game sells itself on dynamic content, the open world, the living story, action based combat WvW, and everyone of these things is a waste of time if your goal is endgame.
Fight the hardest paths in a dungeon? least effecient way to actually achieve anything. Save the world? you get a rare. Save a farm? you get 1.2 silver. Find the hidden chest in a multi teir jumping puzzle? get two blues and a green.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Might as well merge this thread with the “INCREASE TAX PL0X” thread that mercifully died it’s way to the second page.

And for those that want to attempt to discuss the same crap that was discussed in the other thread, let me simplify it for you. JS stated that if you want anything to be changed with the trade post, you first need to show there is a problem before you attempt a solution. Before then, you’re making a solution looking for a problem.

Second, the trade post already has limits imposed on it. DR on farming limits it. DR on dungeons limits it. The new meta boss schedule limits it. EVerything that limits the influx of gold and resources in the game limits the tradepost.

Have fun reading a 30 page thread that repeatedly discussed the “problem” with the trade post. I’m sure wanze has that ‘beating a dead horse’ still.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

As phys said above, there’s a legitimate problem with some areas of the game rewarding kitten all for the effort involved but I feel like it’s counterproductive to blame it on the traders/flippers.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

I’m tired of seeing ppl getting rich from playing the TP like this is Wall Street Wars 2.
In reality I’m just jealous I don’t know how to invest. But still it’s ridiculous.

Being jealous of others having a lot of gold is pointless. What is the purpose of gold other than buying things? Showing off? Making others jealous? I’m rather happy with all my stuff and little gold in my wallet. And most of my stuff comes from going out and enjoying the game where I see what others have and then figuring out how to get it (i.e. crafting, buying, killing Shadow Behemoth 100 times to get Final Rest, etc.). It seems to work rather well. I can admit to being a teeny-tiny bit jealous at some poster that had a screenshot of something and it showed 55K gold at the bottom of the inventory screen. But I was jealous at all the stuff I could get with that gold, not that they had amassed that much gold.

And yet, I still seem to enjoy learning PvP (I’m doing this for the reward tracks because I hate dungeons), playing around in WvW and following the EotM train to level some of my characters. I’m enjoying map completion on a second character. And I’m anxiously awaiting, something, anything, on what will come next with the living story.

in Black Lion Trading Co

phys.7689

As phys said above, there’s a legitimate problem with some areas of the game rewarding kitten all for the effort involved but I feel like it’s counterproductive to blame it on the traders/flippers.

its not really about traders and flippers in all honesty. Thats the symptom, not the problem. Traders trade, its what they do, flippers, essentially tax people based on knowledge and patience. The problem is basically that the rewards are designed to be gotten via gold, and that the merchanting by its very nature, is built around obtaining gold. The whole point of merchanting is to make profits, with minimal effort, therefore any merchant who is good at their game, wins this game overall.

in Black Lion Trading Co

phys.7689

Might as well merge this thread with the “INCREASE TAX PL0X” thread that mercifully died it’s way to the second page.

And for those that want to attempt to discuss the same crap that was discussed in the other thread, let me simplify it for you. JS stated that if you want anything to be changed with the trade post, you first need to show there is a problem before you attempt a solution. Before then, you’re making a solution looking for a problem.

Second, the trade post already has limits imposed on it. DR on farming limits it. DR on dungeons limits it. The new meta boss schedule limits it. EVerything that limits the influx of gold and resources in the game limits the tradepost.

Have fun reading a 30 page thread that repeatedly discussed the “problem” with the trade post. I’m sure wanze has that ‘beating a dead horse’ still.

there is a relationship to the things that limit gold and resources, to TP earnings but it is not a direct one. TP merchanting is all about taking advantage of ineffeciencies or about making valid preditictions. Its not a linear relationship to the gold earning potentials of others.
As long as transactions are happening they can make huge profits.
for example.

making 10% profit off of a low cost item (lets say even 10 copper) turning it over with a high velocity every hour will give you more money/profit than turning over high priced items less often with smaller profits.

So really it doesnt matter if everyone is poor as long as they stay ineffecient, and transact often.

There is less money to be had, but you can still find the people at the top of their TP game earning similar money. Just like even though america is in a recession many companies are still thriving and even increasing their profits. Its only incidentally connected.

The other factor is that wealth is relative, so if everyone else gets poorer, and you stay the same, you are effectively richer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

therefore any merchant who is good at their game, wins this game overall.

What? There is a way to win overall??? The wiki doesn’t say anything about a being crowned a winner…I want that crown…okay, someone explain to me how to be a merchant…or just point me to one or all the threads that cover it…or something…I need that crown!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

phys.7689

therefore any merchant who is good at their game, wins this game overall.

What? There is a way to win overall??? The wiki doesn’t say anything about a being crowned a winner…I want that crown…okay, someone explain to me how to be a merchant…or just point me to one or all the threads that cover it…or something…I need that crown!!

you didnt get the memo?
take a look at that icon in the upper right hand corner, methinks its a crown
http://www.mmozone.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ChinaGemStore-550x399.jpg

(edited by phys.7689)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

there is something fundamentally wrong with a game design that uses their trade system as the best way to earn gold in the game.

Please describe a game trade system design where players are allowed to trade, but the highest incomes are not a product of trading.

Pointing to any game that meets these two criteria will suffice.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

i honestly have mixed feeling.

The thing is “just like someone said before”. Flipping makes it possible for “some” people to enjoy the game without farming till their eyes are red.

I’m able to afford what I have now with some investment so I won’t need to grind “another” 1000 hours.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I’m tired of seeing ppl getting rich from playing the TP like this is Wall Street Wars 2.
In reality I’m just jealous I don’t know how to invest. But still it’s ridiculous.

This is one of the most honest posts that I’ve seen in a while. It pretty much sums up 100% of the complaint threads in the trading forum. Kudos to you.

And you are wrong.

I have more gold than i need…but i am tired of see guildies and friends leave due to the broken economy.

Maybe John should show them the hidden data that proves that economy is great….because they didn t see that.

P.S. also flipping makes *cheap" stuff easier to buy…while the expensive is pushed out of range.
Don t pretend you don t know about all the fake offers.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Fake offers do nothing except fool players who don’t spend the 2 seconds to see that they are fake. If the bulk of the bids aren’t in the top 20 bid values then someone is gaming the bid numbers. If you are fooled by that then you prove the old proverb is still valid.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: vergna.8420

vergna.8420

I’m a very casual player, and if the trading system is not as it is I could never make me a legendary weapon.
Attualmete I do what I like in the game and I have a solid base of gold and materials to sell at the appropriate time in my bank.
If the economy of the game wasn’t this in no way I could do this and I assure you I dont spend my time playing the TP but I only speculate and that takes up very little time.
I guarantee you many people are in my same situation and tahy have drawn the same benefits.
PS sorry for my bad English.

in Black Lion Trading Co

LordByron.8369

Exactly.
Your benefit comes at other players cost.
The focus on the TP is so high that People can with few hours Investments get ahead of any other players.

But lets nerf champ bags in istances, WWW and open PvE…its for sure the best choice.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

you didnt get the memo?
take a look at that icon in the upper right hand corner, methinks its a crown
http://www.mmozone.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ChinaGemStore-550x399.jpg

You are wrong, I explained why before but apparently that isn’t allowed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

phys.7689

there is something fundamentally wrong with a game design that uses their trade system as the best way to earn gold in the game.

Please describe a game trade system design where players are allowed to trade, but the highest incomes are not a product of trading.

Pointing to any game that meets these two criteria will suffice.

you are right, people who dedicate themselves to making money will have the most money. However this doesnt necessarily mean they will have the most leet items. In FFXI the dudes with the LEET items were the ones who could do the endgame content best. Hunt notorious monsters, beat multi person raids, beat small party boss fights. Yeah rich people could buy some of these things, but that was only one option, the best and most likely option for many players was to try to play and beat these contents. They even had some pretty high end items that you could only get through playing the content.
The richest people had some things they ruled, and excelled at, but there was a ton of content to actually play and win.

Now the main problem with FFXI, is probably that you needed a group for everything, and if your group sucked, you would probably not get many rewards. You could easily lose and take a big loss to money/items/time gate annnd you could lose exp(i deleveled many a time). Also the open world was competitive, so you may never get a chance to fight the big bosses

Regardless though, it didnt feel like the best way to play the endgame was to amass money, there was advantages, but for the most part, fighting enemies, and beating special bosses/instances/hunting rare monsters was the main means of endgame. Also many of these activities earned decent money, since the most highly desired items were dropped from specific content, the people who could do this content and how many people wanted the content determined the price.

And ultimately i think that is the flaw in GW2 economy, the ability of any player to create specific supply is very weak. And most of the best rewards have little to do with any specific type of play. I know that the plan was mostly to be able to get anything by doing anything in the game, but that kinda defeats the purpose of trade. It also leads to huge imbalances due to over production.
If say for example silk was mostly produced intentionally, people would stop producing it when it was no longer profitable. If the demand was high people would go back to producing it.
Since time is money, and they would have to target specific things, farmers would pick the things of the highest value, that they are able to obtain. If they begin to fall out of value, farmers move on to the next thing of value, and the supply of the other thing begins to fall until it reaches its true value.
the other factor is high end items become harder to obtain. It would be easier to get copper than it is to get orichalcum.

The other advantage of this, is if a player decides the market value is too high, he can go out and try to obtain the item himself. If suppliers are over valuing their work, he can try to obtain it himself. Its missing a really key element of economic design, the ability of users to meet demands.

in Black Lion Trading Co

LordByron.8369

@Phys
Best post ive red on TP forum possibly.

GW2 balance:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: vergna.8420

vergna.8420

It’s bad to say but if you know what to invest and when to sell 90% of the game is done. I know my benefit comes at other players cost, but also took me six months playing few hours a week before understanding how this game works.
Now I have the opportunity to do what I like without thinking about my gold.
The discurse is that the free market is a great thing because as I’ve benefited me anyone can do it, even those who play only few hours a week like me and hasn’t knowledges economy and haven’t the time to farm and farm and farm again.
No other game before has ever given me this opportunity.

in Black Lion Trading Co

phys.7689

It’s bad to say but if you know what to invest and when to sell 90% of the game is done. I know my benefit comes at other players cost, but also took me six months playing few hours a week before understanding how this game works.
Now I have the opportunity to do what I like without thinking about my gold.
The discurse is that the free market is a great thing because as I’ve benefited me anyone can do it, even those who play only few hours a week like me and hasn’t knowledges economy and haven’t the time to farm and farm and farm again.
No other game before has ever given me this opportunity.

being a trader is a skill, and its nice that you can use that skill to get what you want. But its also sad that even in your post you realized playing the game/achieving things is not the best way to get anything. Normally you would use your ability to make massive money to pay players who suck at making money for their time/skill. But since no one can do much to any specific goal with their time/skill, you end up as king of the hill. thousands of faceless farmers with no unique skills/tempermants tons of crap they have no need for or desire to have, having to trade all that crap to get the things they want and little desire to play or understand merchanting. Middlemans paradise.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: HallusH.3987

HallusH.3987

Maybe if the best items in the game you weren’t able to buy on the TP maybe then it will be not a such big deal.
But when everything in the game you get with gold, whats the point doing anything else if you get the ultimate thing by using the most easiest way to do so if you got the brains for it.
dungeons/fracs sets even that you can pay people to farm the path for you so..

Don’t hate the player hate the game.

So maybe if the game was a bit more rewarding for doing stuff that you don’t buy with gold.

Lets say wow arena / hc raids sure you might be able to “buy a spot” to get carried to get the best stuff but its still not just click buy on TP when you have enough gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

phys.7689

Maybe if the best items in the game you weren’t able to buy on the TP maybe then it will be not a such big deal.
But when everything in the game you get with gold, whats the point doing anything else if you get the ultimate thing by using the most easiest way to do so if you got the brains for it.
dungeons/fracs sets even that you can pay people to farm the path for you so..

Don’t hate the player hate the game.

So maybe if the game was a bit more rewarding for doing stuff that you don’t buy with gold.

Lets say wow arena / hc raids sure you might be able to “buy a spot” to get carried to get the best stuff but its still not just click buy on TP when you have enough gold.

the other thing, is if you have to buy spots, at least you are making an exchange of wealth for skill. There isnt much players have of value to trade with the merchant class that 10000 other people arent also trying to trade them

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

It’s like the people telling me how terrible other games economy is. And how he flips much easier there. And apparently I went to that game and asked no one is complaining about flipping.

I think there’s some truth. In other games you can’t just buy the “best gear in the game”. So people probably complain less about flipping, eventhough flipping occurs there too.

But again, I also played a bunch of game where you can buy the best reward, still no one complains about flipping there. Maybe the buy order system just helps flippers too much here since there is a bunch of lazy people who just try to sell item as fast as possible, or they just dont’ care.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Fenrir.3609

It’s like the people telling me how terrible other games economy is. And how he flips much easier there. And apparently I went to that game and asked no one is complaining about flipping.

I think there’s some truth. In other games you can’t just buy the “best gear in the game”. So people probably complain less about flipping, eventhough flipping occurs there too.

But again, I also played a bunch of game where you can buy the best reward, still no one complains about flipping there. Maybe the buy order system just helps flippers too much here since there is a bunch of lazy people who just try to sell item as fast as possible, or they just dont’ care.

Perhaps that is because the people here are far more self entitled. That certainly seems to be the case.

I’ve played mmos since pre Tram UO and i’ve never seen anything like it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

phys.7689

Perhaps that is because the people here are far more self entitled. That certainly seems to be the case.

I’ve played mmos since pre Tram UO and i’ve never seen anything like it.

most other games either make all items fairly obtainable, or make obtaining it require some sort of endgame, high end activity. Heck in FFXI even farming high level crafting mats was either about killing tough monsters, or traveling into death pits no one went to (and no one could solo) and ninja ing around the place with magic and knowing the spawns.
Death would lower your level, and send you far away from where you needed to get to. Like i said you keep talking about entitlement, its not about wanting something for nothing, its about wanting something for actually doing something.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

True, I’m not sure about trade-focused games like EVE but other MMOs I’ve played don’t have the dual buy/sell order system. In most games if you want to buy something you have to wait for someone to offer it for sale. There is no way to place a bid for something that isn’t on that server’s marketplace you can only stand around spamming “WTB blah blah offering blah” in chat.

This plus the multi-server nature of the TP makes GW2’s system far more efficient and active than similar systems in any other game I’ve played.

Further, in many games the best gear can only be obtained by raiding, while a large portion (usually a majority) of players don’t raid. This creates a have/have not divide in the player base where a large number of players will never have certain items unless they change the way they play the game in order to do so. In GW2, nearly everything can be bought or sold on the TP, trading the stuff you don’t want for stuff you do is very easy.

In other games, the best equipment can be bought from the cash shop, so those with money to spend on the game have the advantage. While you can buy gems and convert to gold, the actual items in the GW2 cash shop do not offer significant advantages over those items found in the game.

Personally, I prefer this system to what I see in other games, but since I don’t “pay to win” or engage in raiding I can see how players used to these things could be disappointed by GW2.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Fenrir.3609

Like i said you keep talking about entitlement, its not about wanting something for nothing, its about wanting something for actually doing something.

You do get something for doing something (more often than not, a large amount of reward if you have any idea what you are doing). You want more, fine, that more comes with elite level content then. Which people will qq about, again due to the excessive self entitlement we see in this games consumerbase.

You also have a very odd notion with regards to what constitutes “winning”. Having more gold does not see you beating the likes of rT or DnT at pve, it does not see you beating the top GvG teams or the top spvp teams. It sees you able to buy some vanity items a bit faster, wow, gamebreaking.

If I was really motivated to improve the rewards for specific content, I would go on the dungeon, spvp and general forums and outline in detail, with specifics, my ideas as to what content should reward what. I wouldn’t spend my time moaning about the TP. But then, that’s just me I guess.

(edited by Fenrir.3609)

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

keep it going Tolunart, tell people GW2 got the best economy in the game.

And how other game sucks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

Like i said you keep talking about entitlement, its not about wanting something for nothing, its about wanting something for actually doing something.

You do get something for doing something (more often than not, a large amount of reward if you have any idea what you are doing). You want more, fine, that more comes with elite level content then. Which people will qq about, again due to the excessive self entitlement we see in this games consumerbase.

You also have a very odd notion with regards to what constitutes “winning”. Having more gold does not see you beating the likes of rT or DnT at pve, it does not see you beating the top GvG teams or the top spvp teams. It sees you able to buy some vanity items a bit faster, wow, gamebreaking.

well for what ever reason, you do agree people dont’ complain in other games but only in gw2 right.

heck, I even see more people complaining about grinding in GW2 compare to korean grinder forums.

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

Thanx for giving me permission to continue expressing my opinion on a subject. That really means a lot to me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

Thanx for giving me permission to continue expressing my opinion on a subject. That really means a lot to me.

i’d like you to point me to the rift forum where people are complaining about flipping there.

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

heck, I even see more people complaining about grinding in GW2 compare to korean grinder forums.

LOL yeah, “grindiest game evah!” OMG, I get a chance for loot from every enemy I tag, even if someone else tagged it first, and I can harvest any node even if someone else just harvested it themselves. You practically get rewarded just for being in the same area with dozens of other players beating up world bosses and you get loot just for running around the different maps.

The grind in this game is awful, it takes MINUTES to do anything…

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

i’d like you to point me to the rift forum where people are complaining about flipping there.

I haven’t played Rift in over a year. I have no idea what the current topics of conversation there might be. I have posted about my personal experiences there, I don’t care, not even a little bit, how you feel about it.

I have been playing SWTOR again recently, and chat there is flooded with “WTB… WTS…” spam, so you can tell the “Galactic Trade Network” is doing its job so efficiently… You’ll also be relieved to know that the best way to make money is to buy “packs” of items for real $ from the cash shop and sell the rare items to other players for millions of “credits.” Bypasses that whole, tiresome, playing the game thing.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

LOL yeah, “grindiest game evah!” OMG, I get a chance for loot from every enemy I tag, even if someone else tagged it first, and I can harvest any node even if someone else just harvested it themselves. You practically get rewarded just for being in the same area with dozens of other players beating up world bosses and you get loot just for running around the different maps.

The grind in this game is awful, it takes MINUTES to do anything…

ya how ironic. I dont’ understand why people dont’ complain on the korean grinder forum, but complain here.

Obviously they also complain in other games, but it’s just funny there is just as much if not more people complaining about grinding on the GW2 forum.

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

I haven’t played Rift in over a year. I have no idea what the current topics of conversation there might be. I have posted about my personal experiences there, I don’t care, not even a little bit, how you feel about it.

all good, just saying I dont’ think people are complaining about flipping there. At least I dont’ think nearly as much. Even though you clearly think flipping is much worse in that game compare to GW2.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Exactly.
Your benefit comes at other players cost.
The focus on the TP is so high that People can with few hours Investments get ahead of any other players.

But lets nerf champ bags in istances, WWW and open PvE…its for sure the best choice.

For the love of Mike. Champ bags and like rewards inject NEW coin into the game’s economy. If you want to keep true inflation under control then your two choices is limit new coin entering the game or take more coin out through one of the sinks. In this case they balanced both sides of the equation by removing the repair cost sink while reducing the champ coin reward.

The Devs can control what a event rewards. They can’t control players who are willing to “pay” another (by accepting less) to sell the rewards they received for more coin.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Fenrir.3609

well for what ever reason, you do agree people dont’ complain in other games but only in gw2 right.

Oh people complain in/about other games all the time, but in my opinion this games playerbase certainly wins hands down when it comes to complaints which are driven by self entitlement and hating on capable/able players.

(edited by Fenrir.3609)