Globs of Ectoplasm

Globs of Ectoplasm

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

Hey,

does anyone know, why there is such a huge supply of them atm?
I checked Gw2TP.com [show full history], it says the biggest supply so far was 80.000 at may 26 2013. Now its around 177.000! EDIT: (Rising since early december 2013 – there it where ~34.700) So I#m talking about the period between early december and now! That was pbly not clear…

I bought some today and i noticed, that they are sold in whole stacks, rather then in small amounts. So its not many people selling a few they got, but a few people selling huge amouts.
Anyone else noticed that?
Whats the reason for that?

Would like to geht some light here

I already asked an ArenaNet official, but only response was:
“I don’t think your understanding of the TP is correct.” – Not very helpfull…

So please tell me how it works.

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

(edited by Tranassa.4968)

Globs of Ectoplasm

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Disdroid.6109

Disdroid.6109

Lots of people doing the Marionette event. If you go to scarlets lair afterwards you’ll be able to open chest after chest with rares in them. More rares → cheaper rares → more ectos getting salvaged.

Globs of Ectoplasm

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

I already asked an ArenaNet official, but only response was:
“I don’t think your understanding of the TP is correct.” – Not very helpfull…

So please tell me how it works.

Not helpful, but true. Massive amounts of crafting materials, including ectos, enter and leave the TP constantly.

Globs of Ectoplasm

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

I’m not sure if you rly understand my question. I know about the Marionette event, but the rise in the ecto supply was present before the event startet.
Check the graph: http://www.gw2tp.com/item/19721-glob-of-ectoplasm?full=1 (You have to click the All button)
You will notice for sure, that the supply is increasing since early dec 2013.

I know that massively amounts leave and enter the TP every day, but why is the supply increasing so extrem, while the demand is almost unchanged?

I’m not saying, that i unserstand the TP, but i would like to see an explanation.
Something like:
“People where hording ectos because of the ascendand armor crafting and are now selling them, because they do not need them!”

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

Globs of Ectoplasm

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

No one has an explanation. Speculation, yes, and you already know the most likely reason for the increase in ectos – people who did not craft previously now have to go from 0-500 in order to craft ascended armor. So they craft a lot of stuff and when they get to higher levels craft a lot of rares and exotics then salvage them and sell the ectos they don’t need.

This is just a guess, however, and so is “people get a lot of rares from running the new LS content and salvage them.” No one can say for sure where they are coming from. In reality, there is probably more than one source of the “extra” ectos.

Globs of Ectoplasm

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

Players have stockpiled exotic level crafting mats (including ectos, you need 5 a piece for 1 insignia) in anticipation of 400→500 and ascended armor crafting. Why prices spiked fast from around 17s to well over 30s, and it’s still holding steady at that price. Now most have finished crafting their ascended armor and dumping their leftover crafting mats on the TP most likely for gold.

Globs of Ectoplasm

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Early December ecto supply started to climb quickly. It could be a case of oversupply, lots of players went into the ecto supply business and as long as someone was buying everything was AOK. Finally supply outstripped demand and prices are now falling. Just look at the history.

Upside is rare armor prices are dropping along with the ecto price (common source for ectos).

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Globs of Ectoplasm

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

with asc item crafting the exo craftings are pointless and are not crafted much anymore