Grab Your Popcorn

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esoteric.4395

Esoteric.4395

Sit back, relax, watch the wind/lightning/sun catchers crash! (May 20th update)

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Good thing mine are in my wardrobe. Hehe.

Maybe this year I’ll get some of the helms though

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esoteric.4395

Esoteric.4395

LOL someone just unloaded about 200 of them… I unloaded all of mine at 120g because I knew people were gonna panic

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

LOL someone just unloaded about 200 of them… I unloaded all of mine at 120g because I knew people were gonna panic

That popcorn tastes good, doesn’kitten

Sold mine several weeks ago, before the panic too for a niiiiiiice profit that I’m using now to finish my Ascended armor crafting.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I need a kite. Already have a balloon.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Who would have thought people were hoarding scarce resources. I hope a lot of people get stung hard.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ace.4397

Ace.4397

You are just speculating. Their is no guarantee. Halloween / SAB Skins didnĀ“t came back. And i am personally hoping that the Zephyrites have some new stuff for us.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

t6 materials are going to drop HARD.

Time to unload some mats.

edit: Not selling mine because I believe it is better to have more mats than less mats.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Well to be fair that’s what they said about candy corn or the Halloween staff and bow.

And then it turned out you needed to chuck in 30k candy corn for a bag and a mini. And a gazillions candy corn for a recipe that requires another gazillion-trillion candy corn to acquire the same bloody staff and bow you got for cheap – or as a drop – before.

I’ll just wait and see how many gazillion-trillion quartz crystals and other materials I need to buy the new flavor of the month skins.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’ve got one Lightning Catcher skin in my bank. I’m going to keep holding onto it in a perhaps vain hope that they don’t end up being re-added as drops, and that fortune scraps aren’t returning so they won’t be available via that avenue either.

And if they DO end up being added back, then… oh well. I’ll just keep holding onto it and wait another year, I’ve waited this long. And I’m terrible at managing my item investments anyway, so I’m used to getting burned >.>

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

I saw the wind catcher buy orders. They’re down to 40g, and I assume most of the ones above that were filled rather than withdrawn.

It makes me wonder if there’s some insider trading going on. Perhaps someone knew the wind catchers were coming back, and that’s why the price spiked so hard in the past month: baiting the buy orders up so they can be filled by some guy who just runs off with the money.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I saw the wind catcher buy orders. They’re down to 40g, and I assume most of the ones above that were filled rather than withdrawn.

It makes me wonder if there’s some insider trading going on. Perhaps someone knew the wind catchers were coming back, and that’s why the price spiked so hard in the past month: baiting the buy orders up so they can be filled by some guy who just runs off with the money.

We were promised that the Zephyrites would be recurring content. It doesn’t take insider information to bet on when.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I have two stacks of each T6 mat merely for the purpose of holding for future legendaries rather than speculation.

I forgot, however, the other 2 stacks of Elaborate Totems I stored away in the gbank. I can’t even remember the price I bought them at.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

edit: Not selling mine because I believe it is better to have more mats than less mats.

Why do you think that they will drop in price? (I didn’t play during summer 2013 so I don’t know anything about upcoming patch)

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lilith Ajit.6173

Why do you think that they will drop in price? (I didn’t play during summer 2013 so I don’t know anything about upcoming patch)

The pavillion filled the market with easy t6 from the shear amount of farming happening. It actually took a bit ti stabilize afterward. I remember farming dozens of t6 claws and fangs with minimal effort.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

I just also realized that we could also see a (moderate) drop in the prices of precursors

These events are a good source of T5 mats, which directly influence the cost of mystic forge gambling.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lilith Ajit.6173

Considering how high they’ve gotten, the popular ones may go back to their old prices (which people still thought was too high haha)

[ARES]

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

I left a month ago and back then precursors didn’t even touch 1000g. Now I see Dusk at +1100g??

Da booookah

Is gold acquisition really that hard or did the mystic forge ‘nerfs’ really hit hard?

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lilith Ajit.6173

I left a month ago and back then precursors didn’t even touch 1000g. Now I see Dusk at +1100g??

Da booookah

Is gold acquisition really that hard or did the mystic forge ‘nerfs’ really hit hard?

I think it’s actually that legendaries are now really worth getting since they’re full account bound, skins are in the wardrobe, and the stat swapping.

[ARES]

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

Zephyr Ruckrack. xD

It was over 200g a week or so ago. Look at those prices plummet.

Desert Rose

Fare thee well, poor Rose.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

(edited by Ashadow.6874)

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

The prices skyrocketed with legendaries being account bound and the skins being infinitely applicable.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

Da booookah

I think it’s actually that legendaries are now really worth getting since they’re full account bound, skins are in the wardrobe, and the stat swapping.

Man if people are willing to pay 1000g for old skins that nearly everyone is wearing these days…I seriously worry that I will not be able to afford the new legendaries :/

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

This is a perfect example to show how artificial scarcity is used.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lilith Ajit.6173

Da booookah

Man if people are willing to pay 1000g for old skins that nearly everyone is wearing these days…I seriously worry that I will not be able to afford the new legendaries :/

Lol.

New legendaries. In 2020? (Oh and they’ll require 250 elaborate totem cobs. 100 totems to a cob. Hehe.

anyway, I love my 2 legendaries. I did put bifrost on all but 1 staff user. Lol

[ARES]

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

We are still dealing with the demand surge (it’s taking a while longer due to low volume). Once enough wealthy people who formerly weren’t thinking about getting the skins acquire the Precursor skins, prices should drop.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Well to be fair that’s what they said about candy corn or the Halloween staff and bow.

And then it turned out you needed to chuck in 30k candy corn for a bag and a mini. And a gazillions candy corn for a recipe that requires another gazillion-trillion candy corn to acquire the same bloody staff and bow you got for cheap – or as a drop – before.

I’ll just wait and see how many gazillion-trillion quartz crystals and other materials I need to buy the new flavor of the month skins.

Right – the prices will fall and stay relatively low until ~ 3months after the bazaar ends and start climbing again. Vicious circle. Last time, the price climb happened in the last 4-ish days (went from like 2G to 16G) and climbed the rest of the year till we’re where we are.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

The pavillion filled the market with easy t6 from the shear amount of farming happening. It actually took a bit ti stabilize afterward. I remember farming dozens of t6 claws and fangs with minimal effort.

Yah, I’m thinking that with the current state of affairs on loot stinginess, the drop rate’s going to be nerfed from space. I hope not, but am afraid that’s what’s going to happen.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Devs were obviously trying to pump gold into the economy with the Pavilion and Scarlet Invasions last year but I don’t think we are currently in the same place now, so I’d be surprised if the rewards are as large this time around.

It will be interesting to see if any new content comes with this one or if it is just a total rehash of old content. Obviously the Council Seat voting is being replaced with “Rebuild Lion’s Arch” campaign (which COULD be used to soak up the material excess from the Pavilion).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

While everybody seems to be dumping quartz crystals, people aren’t massively dumping their watchwork sprockets. Which makes no sense. Those must tank into oblivion as a result of the gauntlet.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I just also realized that we could also see a (moderate) drop in the prices of precursors

These events are a good source of T5 mats, which directly influence the cost of mystic forge gambling.

Its funny how everything get related to precursors, while the simple things get overlooked.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/19729

Thick Leather on an all time high.

I heard a rumor on the forums that there was a guy who had plenty stacks of that stuff parked in the pick up tab but uninstalled the game…

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I got my my popcorn ready.

Honestly, like alot of people in general, i got a little bored with the game. Most of the people where bored due to the lack of new content since the feature patch.
But I also got a little bored playing the TP in the last weeks because after the dye rage was over and skins are moving slower than expected, markets have been pretty dull.

New LS updates always bring a swing to the economy and especially the Bazaar and the Pavillion had huge gold and material sinks as well as faucets last year.
So there are some exciting times ahead, if you like to play the tp.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

If gauntlet was anything like the nerfed gauntlet last year nobody’s really going to farm it since the tickets cost more than the profit you get from the bags which might be why sprockets aren’t dropping.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

So Wanze, did you manage to dump all your Celestial recipes in time before the announcement?

Although I’m not a TP player, I’m eagerly looking forward to the coming disequilibrium too. There’s usually bargains to be had at times like this, so it’s good times for a hoarder!

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: endirasae.3015

endirasae.3015

I’m going to be a sad panda if solitary wind catcher I’ve been holding on to all this time to hits rock bottom. :/ Eat all the popcorn you like, some of us aren’t sitting on entire bank tabs of rare skins.

C’est la vie.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

im so glad i sold my windcatcher 2 weeks ago I FINALLY GOT IT SPOT O N! i never hit hte mark perfectly like that!

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

If gauntlet was anything like the nerfed gauntlet last year nobody’s really going to farm it since the tickets cost more than the profit you get from the bags which might be why sprockets aren’t dropping.

Get back into EB.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Axialbloom.8109

I figured they were bringing back Sprockets and Quartz for the Chinese players.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Making a list of things to get.

Kite
Dreamcatcher back skin
Quartz Node

RIP City of Heroes

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Lol.

New legendaries. In 2020? (Oh and they’ll require 250 elaborate totem cobs. 100 totems to a cob. Hehe.

Confirmed – buying Elaborate Totems was a good idea.

:D

Attachments:

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Wasn’t colin saying something like " we don’t want to reintroduce rare skins from the living story" ?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Wasn’t colin saying something like " we don’t want to reintroduce rare skins from the living story" ?

Yet that’s exactly what they did with Battle of LA.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

So Wanze, did you manage to dump all your Celestial recipes in time before the announcement?

Although I’m not a TP player, I’m eagerly looking forward to the coming disequilibrium too. There’s usually bargains to be had at times like this, so it’s good times for a hoarder!

I sold all mine 2 months ago at the start of the LA events, when they got reintroduced (in small amounts) already.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

from that_shaman datamining you can speculate two things, no new things and they bring back wind catchers or everything there is new and for players and windcatchers will be never again

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Lol.

Confirmed – buying Elaborate Totems was a good idea.

:D

I think it would only have been a good idea, if you would have sold them already.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/24300

As far as I know, Totems didnt really drop that much directly from the crown pavillion though but who said that we will get the same mobs this time around.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trader

Here is the wiki link for the rates of the various ressources tradeable for zapphyre supply boxes. IIRC mithril was the cheapest to convert during last years event.
However, i doubt that the same rates will apply this year around.

I bought so much of those boxes that i had enough fortune tickets for all the skins, so i hope, they dont reintroduce the old ones.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Zephyr Ruckrack. xD

It was over 200g a week or so ago. Look at those prices plummet.

Desert Rose

Fare thee well, poor Rose.

Haha .. i looked to buy one shortly after the wardrobe, and then decided to use the Yellow Rose from the Karka Event, since the Desert Rose was simply to expensive for me.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Except different mats are oversupplied now than then (as well as a different spread in prices) so I wouldn’t be surprised by new exchange rates.

RIP City of Heroes

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Except different mats are oversupplied now than then (as well as a different spread in prices) so I wouldn’t be surprised by new exchange rates.

I wonder how long in advance those rates get set, before being implemented into the game. However, during last years event, it seemed that most people didnt exchange too much mats to boxes. The incentive wasnt there, i think. Fortune scraps and tickets were available through other means, quartz and kite fortunes as well. And nobody cared about celestial recipes either at that time or wasnt aware that you need a recipe for each gear piece and the gear is account bound, so you have to craft it yourself.

I wouldnt be surprised, if we see the Zapphyrites trading for completely different mats this time around. Last years exchange was before they introduced asc crafting, so we have a pretty good sink for wood/ore/leather/cloth in game already.

But until release, speculation will be rampant as always and i also spent a couple of hundred Gold yesterday on various mats. I relisted them immediately though as i intent to sell them before the update hits.

So for which mats do we need a sink actually? Dust comes to mind as well as the account bound ascended mats. I wouldnt be surprised, if they release asc recipes like the Blade backpack again.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Axialbloom.8109

Yeah, last year’s exchange actually failed to do anything with the excess mats really, because there was just no incentive there. People just dumped the mats they had bought back on the trading post, after finding out how bad the things in the boxes were.

Grab Your Popcorn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Yeah, last year’s exchange actually failed to do anything with the excess mats really, because there was just no incentive there. People just dumped the mats they had bought back on the trading post, after finding out how bad the things in the boxes were.

Well, they should have held on to their celestial recipes…