Human Cultural Armor in the Gem Store [Merged]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

You should check out Reddit to see the kitten storm that is brewing.

Putting cultural armor on the gem store for half the price of what it is… insulting. Flat out… insulting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

I’m speechless. I’ve spent 119g on my T3 like… 6 months ago? I HIGHLY encourage people responsible for this to give us an official response.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

I will never look at this game the same again or Anet. Great job!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

I was going to buy these gems skins, as I usually do for gem skins, but I refuse to buy human cultural armor for other races. GG Anet, this round I wont use my gems.

Teh Ouchies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I like the armor set on my sylvari, but my skin is blue and my glow is white. It would be a huge plus if players were able to dye the color of the flames on the set as well. Black flames, or even a blue flame like the icy dragon sword would be amazing. So arena net, make this happen plz :-)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

This is just wrong. Cultural armor is supposed to be exclusive to one race and one race only! Calling this “new” skin “Flamekissed” and adding a few flames doesn’t change the fact that this is human T3 armor, and it is now available to every other race.

Baffling decision on their part.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

That’s just a shame.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Foxgloved.3029

Foxgloved.3029

Wow! I thought I would be the onlly one who was really put out by ANet being so lazy and stupid to think that my T3 lt armor is now ok to call NEW w stupid glowy bits added to it and downgrading its value by about half. What were you/they (not that anyone from ANet will read any of this) thinking? That we might not notice?

In the past new skins have occasionally been quite nice but this is just pure and utter laziness and lack of understanding the basics of the game they supposedly created.

None of these skins are new or original and should therefore be removed from the TP and replaced with something NEW or not replaced at all. This is doubly true of the light armor. What a crock.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fuzion.4193

Fuzion.4193

For a game that makes “endgame” all about getting a “look”, the progression being about grinding for those looks, I’m really shocked to see the WvWvW Medium armor set and the Tier 3 Light Human Cultural set up there. Both sets took a bit of effort to get a hold of. Then toss in a basic heavy karma set skin that takes no more effort than grinding a few hearts and toss that into the mix.

Whoever’s creating and releasing these armors isn’t understanding player psychology in a game grind they created. This is a very bad move on Anet’s behalf to use these armors.

I’m really asking myself why I do these grinds now when the stuff is just going to end up on the gemstore eventually? Here I’m preparing to do the Ascended outfit grinds for my characters, but now I can’t help but think I’ll go through all that work only to find it on the gem store at some point.

Badly played, Anet, badly played.

Now I want norn cultural armor for my human. I expect this by Christmas.

(edited by Fuzion.4193)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Now that they have done this the only logical thing left to do is get rid of “cultural” and make all the t3 armors wearable by all races. And put them in the gemstore too with other effects. Its only fair. I’ll take norn t3 on my human, would like to see how the charr armors looks on human as well.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Glenstorm.4059

Now that they have done this the only logical thing left to do is get rid of “cultural” and make all the t3 armors wearable by all races. And put them in the gemstore too with other effects. Its only fair. I’ll take norn t3 on my human, would like to see how the charr armors looks on human as well.

Seconded. What’s the point of half-measures if you’re going to do away with the racial exclusivity of cultural armors? Put them all up on the Gem Store. Personally, I’d like my human Ele to be able to wear Sylvari or Asura T3.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Elenya.5324

Elenya.5324

I have logged on today and checked out the new flame wrath/kissed/walker skins and I must say so how disappointed I am.

I feel these are awful for several reasons:
Firstly it removes some of the prestige of the human race by allowing every race access to their cultural armour; the fact that this set costs around 120g will be a bitter pill to swallow for those who have already purchased it.
Secondly, they are not in original; all these skins are already in the game; they just have some new particle effects.
Thirdly, the particle effects are simple, unimpressive, and because they are “tacked-on” they cheapen their original skins.
Lastly, the cost; 800 gems (£8.50 GBP). To put things in perspective for other countries, minimum wage here is £6.30. The product is poor for the reasons stated above, were the skins original, they would deserve such a price, but instead it really does instil in a potential customer the feeling of a quick-buck; a lazy, almost conceited money making scheme. One I would usually attribute to the Del (Del-boy) Trotter’s of the world (Only Fools and Horses reference for my international friends), than a major games developer.

I have no wish to flame (pun unintended). I just feel that I should provide some honest feedback on this occasion; whilst I have tried to be constructive, I apologise if it is received as less than so. That would be the despondence showing through…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

I’m pretty kitten ed. I don’t want to see every light class Norn+Sylvari running around with T3 CULTURAL ARMOR. Seriously who the heck thought it was a good idea? I don’t need to even point out why this is bad bad bad.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Lucky for me none of these look good on any of my characters. I can understand why some players are unhappy about it. All of those armor pieces are reskins of armor already in game with fire added to it.

This whole patch is kinda meh…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

This is even worse than all their other blunders combined into one. All my Christmases have come at once.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Catharsis.8571

Catharsis.8571

The human t3 light has horrible tail clipping issues with Charr. Unforgivable I say!
/sarcasm

Mauveine – 80 Mesmer, Bashastick – 80 Warrior
Basha Blue – 80 Guard, Cat Harsis – 80 Ranger
And many more… on Crystal Desert Server (NA)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I agree wholeheartedly. I don’t even play a human character but I’m kitten ed about this for all the people who do and just on principal. Cultural armor is one of the few things exclusive to each race, I do not want to see them becoming available to anyone. And using the T3 is particularly egregious, that stuff is ridiculously expensive because its “prestige” armor and now you’ve just about ruined the prestige by handing it out to anyone and doing so for a much lower price (even converting from gold). I would be crushed if I had bought T3 cultural (like I intend to eventually) and then you did that.

Really, though, nothing about this armor set is good. Aside from BS cultural shenanigans, its a reskin. Reskins are the lowest of the low, ESPECIALLY for anything you’re charging real money for. Sure, maybe the other Gem Store sets weren’t all universally loved by every player or anything, but at least they were unique skins with a full degree of effort put into them. That’s what the Gem Store needs, unique and well-made items.

These are just… sad. Take a few random existing armor skins, throw some flame effects on them, and sell them for money? Really? C’mon Anet, you’re better than that. All the previous armor skins proved that. So why are you all of a sudden resorting to cheap reskinning? I mean, its not like its been months and months since the last armor set and people are demanding more. Its only been a month since the last set came out. There’s no reason to rush it. Take your time, make the set from scratch like usual, and release it in a couple months.

This is the first Gem Store addition that I’ve outright hated. I sincerely hope it gets terrible sales so they see that they can’t get away with this sort of low-effort stuff. Unfortunately, I expect to go in-game and see dozens of people wearing it anyway just because its new and “OMG flames and particle effects!!!”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mato.4506

Mato.4506

I’m so disappointed on putting the reskinned human tier 3 on the gemstore… the worst decision this far I have encountered. And gosh… I already thought gw2 wouldn’t do these obvious mistakes. That gemstore t3 really needs be taken off the store and refund all the players who bought it. ..I’m still thinking this must be a bad prank and not the real deal.

Did this skin go through any kind of good/bad idea filter?

(edited by Mato.4506)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lenzer.5146

Lenzer.5146

human t3 for all races? thats just stupid! Nothing special anymore. What was anet thinking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Szigura.8026

Szigura.8026

Cultural Armor…. let me think about that…. mh…. nope, not anymore. kitten stupid!!!!!!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jagerbomb.9057

Jagerbomb.9057

I love that they done this. Don’t have to play a silly human to get their awesome tier 3 with better effects

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The game is in a downward spiral and new MMO’s are on the way. Expect to see more and more cash grabs in the next few months.

I’d say we see full armor sets (not just skins) within the next 2 months tops.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

This is not acceptable. How could you ANet? I can’t even express my dissatisfaction with this whole thing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

I dont even know what to say. I’m not as mad as others, but who thought this was a good idea? The same ppl that test the fractals? Or the person who approved the “project”?

The worst part is, you are going to make tons of money from the set… Which, from a f2p business model, is great so I dont expect a real reaponse.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: VincentDW.9376

VincentDW.9376

Big, big mistake. In one blow, they’ve managed to:
1) Make the human players who bought the normal version of the armor feel cheated that they paid more for what is by comparison an inferior product,
2) Decrease racial appearance diversity, further making human players feel cheated that they now have fewer ways to appear different from other races,
3) Totally undermine their own arguments about clipping concerns as a reason for not allowing cross-racial cultural armor wearing, inviting anger at perceived unfairness in the fact that now Human cultural armor is available to light armor professions, but, for example, Norn cultural armor isn’t available to heavy armor professions.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chidori.9483

Chidori.9483

Re-skinning is lazy and frankly I’m disgusted by this. It’s bad enough they recycled a skin and made it “shiny”, what makes it worse is the light armor option is one that is supposed to be exclusive for humans.

LOYALTY | HONOR | DEDICATION | RESPECT | FAMILY | LIQUOR
_____________________ VANQUISH _____________________

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nakashima.7560

Nakashima.7560

Cant even describe how insulted I feel by them doing this.
Its disgusting, theyre disgusting.
I’m normally one of the people defending anet, but they’ve just completely lost my respect, and any money I was planning on giving them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MadHappens.7564

MadHappens.7564

This is embarrassing.
Starting to worry about my human heavy armor t3..

Mad Happens [DZ] | Desolation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: donnybeast.9168

donnybeast.9168

I feel so cheated, i’ve been farming for days to get human cultural armor and now this cheap reskin really? How about make norn, charr, sylvari and asura cultural aswell…
maybe you should think before you decide to screw one race over… and why the T3 why not T1 where no one cares about anyways, you had to decide the most expensive one…
atleast apologize to all the players that baught you’re cultural T3 armor…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: pixie.5940

pixie.5940

Well I doubt it will change or price. So just don’t buy sadly :/. Sorry for those who busted butt to get gold buy the real T3 armor.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MayaNatsume.6524

MayaNatsume.6524

I am disappointed. Why is the human T3 light armor to be on sale on gem store?

Human Elementalist | Asura Guardian | Sylvari Warrior | Norn Thief | Asura Warrior | Asura Thief

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

Strangely enough, the bottom of it looks pretty great matched with my sylvari cultural T2. Heh. I’m worried it’ll be taken away now, because it seems pretty clear a lot of people are, ah, not happy about this at all. Understatement?

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

they won’t take it away. Players already bought and transmuted it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

What ArenaNet should do is give a free upgrade somehow to those who have already purchased the 119g set whether it be 800 gems to cover the upgrade or some kind of token.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jinn.7143

Jinn.7143

Now that Anet lost my trust, I don’t see any reason to continue working on my legendary skin. Reskinned version of it will be for sale in the gemstore in a couple months.

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

119g now buys you a less flashy, less fiery, version of APs.

Less fire might be good though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

What a monumental failure by Anet…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Szigura.8026

Szigura.8026

kittenstorm incoming

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shinigami.6507

Shinigami.6507

what the hell is happen to YOU Arena Net? T3 light armor now for everyone? this is an absolut NO GO. stop this IMMEDIATELY. take every other light skin you want, but never take again an culture skin. biggest shame ever on YOU. i feel kicked a…

a real angry shinigami….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Get in front of this now. It has only been a few hours. Remove this from the gem store and give a refund to people who’ve already bought it. Do the right thing, please.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hennessey.2985

Hennessey.2985

I am really, really disappointed. T3 Cultural Armor is supposed to be something special and prestigious and I was really happy when i could finally afford it two weeks ago, and now this. How can you design this and think it would be a good thing ? This screws everyone who bought his T3 armor. I would love to hear what the anet guys thought when they decided this.
Next year we’ll have legendaries in the BLS for 10k gems.
Kitten move by anet.

Gnome Child [Gc]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Totbot.4583

Totbot.4583

This seems like such a non issue.

People will still see your super special T3 armor and know you paid 119g for it. Nothing changed there. Hell, the gem store version even gives you less flexibility in looks since you have to go with the flame motif with it. The t3 doesn’t.

Maybe get gear you think looks good and stop worrying about other people?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

People will still see your super special T3 armor and know you paid 119g for it. Nothing changed there. Hell, the gem store version even gives you less flexibility in looks since you have to go with the flame motif with it. The t3 doesn’t.

But the fact that you can get fiery version of tier 3 human light for all races is an issue. I cant play human theif and get norn tier 3. But any light armor can get human tier 3. Unless they put all t3 in the gemstore, there is exclusive t3 armor for everything in the game except human light armor wearers. wait whaaat? u cant see the issue?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Glenstorm.4059

If it was any other type of armor or weapon (heck, even Legendaries), it wouldn’t bother me.

But the whole point, the WHOLE blessed point of Cultural armor was that is was exclusive to each race.

Making it (T3, no less!) available to every other race is just wrong, and unfair.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zetsuei.8942

Zetsuei.8942

I don’t know why you guys are just now crying about the Gem Store. I’ve played GW2 since release and have been telling you guys this since it came out. Making unique sets/items for the gem store is fine, but is has been broken for a very long time. You see how many items are SEVERELY overpriced? 1000 gems for unlimited gathering tools? That’s about $11-14. Yes, for a GATHERING TOOL. And you guys are losing your mind about today’s update to finally complain? You guys really need to open your eyes and look how hard they disrespect and milk their player base. I just wonder how long til we see unique legendary weapon/armor skins in the gem store.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The price we have to pay for no subscription fees. They are collecting the money by other means now.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cinicus.6271

Cinicus.6271

the t3 light human armor is not special anymore, i did not like it at all.
Usally I plan my race just for the armors that i can get at lvl80, well now I can equip that armor also in a norn character, this is not right.

Please give us an official answer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zakk.2468

Zakk.2468

But the fact that you can get fiery version of tier 3 human light for all races is an issue. I cant play human theif and get norn tier 3. But any light armor can get human tier 3. Unless they put all t3 in the gemstore, there is exclusive t3 armor for everything in the game except human light armor wearers. wait whaaat? u cant see the issue?

Not saying it’s good. Not saying it’s bad. I see your both your points and sadly at this time we have no idea if the other T3 lights from other races will show up with different effects. Frankly I find the t3 human much nicer than this since the fire cant be dyed AFAIK but would I love to see my Asura mesmer in Norn T3 or even Charr T3 since their blindfold doesn’t have that ugly mouth piece as well (makes me feel like Voldo from Soul Calibur!)

Any male Asura I make will be named Zakk!
Proud player of Crusader, Arcanist,
Beastmaster, Shadowraider, and Shieldbearer Zakk!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Totbot.4583

Totbot.4583

If it was any other type of armor or weapon (heck, even Legendaries), it wouldn’t bother me.

But the whole point, the WHOLE blessed point of Cultural armor was that is was exclusive to each race.

Making it (T3, no less!) available to every other race is just wrong, and unfair.

It still looks different. Your T3 doesn’t have stupid fire particle effects.

Use what YOU think looks good. If you’re worried that other people won’t be drooling over your T3 anymore then don’t worry. T3 has been pretty common for a long time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tyragon.2496

Tyragon.2496

I don’t have a human, only charr and norn, but this makes me upset and afraid. I farmed my gold for the tier 3 on my charr and norn, a lot of work put into it, so I completely understand people with human characters using tier 3 light.

What makes me afraid is that Anet might continue this and do it for norn as an example. I love norn for their unique armor, I love each race for it, and I DON’T want to see the other races running around with something similar. No offence, but cultural was made exclusively and it’s what makes the races more unique.

I can’t believe Anet went or let things go so low. I really hope this isn’t Anet’s decisions and was pushed by NCsoft and whoever runs the gem store, and hopefully there’s some Anet employees who are strongly against this. Otherwise, I fear GW2’s future when it comes to armor sets.