Human Cultural Armor in the Gem Store [Merged]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Silas.8630

Silas.8630

Everyone check out the ridiculous number of players voicing their displeasure with this decision in the Official Anti-Cultural-in-TP thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Anti-Cultural-in-TP-Awareness

Oh wait…gg Anet wp

EDIT: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Anti-Cultural-in-TP-Post-Infracted

SBI
[DR]

(edited by Silas.8630)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I’m glad it is available. It looks great on a Sylvari. The price is good compared to the other armor skins and weapon skins (especially the 7-ticket fused weapon skins).

For all the complaining, it looked like half of Lion’s Arch was wearing it.

Hopefully this will usher in a new era of great items at a reasonable price on the gem store.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Andrea Baccolini.4739

Andrea Baccolini.4739

Dear ArenaNet are very angry about the new armor Flamekissed.
I bought the light human t3 for 120 gold and now I find it identical in trading post at 50-60 gold less. I find it unfair. The new armor should cost the same or more.

Thx

a discontent player

(edited by Andrea Baccolini.4739)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

because the cultural armours were much more unique looking than the universal ones until Anet decided to remove “cultural” armor and make all armor sets universal.

Fixed it for ya.

Hardly. Humans in full T3 armour is incredibly common, especially female medium/light and male heavy. No mix and match, no other cultural armour, just the predesigned set of “top level” armour. Obviously people who want that look is fine, but opening up the cultural armour would allow for some actual variety and creativity (read, uniqueness) in what people consider the endgame look.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nicolo.4716

Nicolo.4716

no reason to be angry the economy is in costantbmovement, the price rise and fell every minute just wait and price will fell again.

sorry for bad english

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: gothmog.7501

gothmog.7501

To niccolo – afraid you are plain wrong; the prices of T3 and flamekissed armor are fixed and do not fluctuate.

The op has a point; moreover flamekissed is available to all races, so norn, sylvari etc can now wear human T3 light … Arguably humans are a little less unique now.

I would feel angry myself having invested >80g thus far in my eles T3 set … But I’m afraid I love the flamekissed particle effects too much. Immediately bought a set for my ele, have transmuted my T3 so it’s account bound now and will move those skins to my Mesmer…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: gothmog.7501

gothmog.7501

Popularity of human T3 light is probably exactly why ANet chose this set to stick flames all over, when the heavy and medium sets are original.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: neytiri.9105

neytiri.9105

And I was lucky as I have been collecting gold fot T3 human Ele, but I couldn’t dream of such marvellous flame effect on this set. So I saved money and got a great look for my Ele

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

No worries in 2 weeks we’ll all be raging about how content was taken out of and not directly added on top of Wintersday.

Have no fear though because we’ll have a new set of 3 mini’s you can buy which are cute and adorable (they really are) and you can buy 2 packs so you can get an elusive 4th mini by throwing it in the forge. Only 1k gems.

edit: forgot to mention you’ll also have 2 new single pieces of armor (stag and grenth helm) for 400 gems! 50% of what an entire set of armor costs but it’s ok because it’s awesome looking.

sigh — at least the helms are new and original looking.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Silas.8630

opening up the cultural armour would allow for some actual variety and creativity (read, uniqueness) in what people consider the endgame look.

I guess this is where the disconnect is occurring. I fail to see how offering an armor set to all races that was, as you point out, already extremely common among humans, will somehow lead to more variety and creativity.

SBI
[DR]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Don’t worry, with the gold to gem exchange rate rising quickly it’ll take no time before it reaches and surpasses 100 gold for 800 gems. So rest assured, it won’t be much longer before it reaches the cost of your hard earned cultural.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Why is my 119g human t3 cultural armor worth 67g on the Gem Store (with added effects)?

With added effects? Why does it make that more valuable? Would a Blingee’d up Cézanne make it a more valuable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Yes you can buy a trashy version of the real deal in the cash shop, or you can buy said real deal the old fashioned way.
It’s worth the 50 or so extra gold any day of the week.
(lol @ people complaining about things being too cheap. Seriously, what the hell)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“With added effects? Why does it make that more valuable? Would a Blingee’d up Cézanne make it a more valuable?”

Yes It would. That’s the simple answer. While “MORE FIRE” isn’t for everyone they did add effects to the armor. Players tend to like effects, which in turns helps them sell that skin.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Silas.8630

Yes you can buy a trashy version of the real deal in the cash shop, or you can buy said real deal the old fashioned way.
It’s worth the 50 or so extra gold any day of the week.
(lol @ people complaining about things being too cheap. Seriously, what the hell)

For me it’s less about the price and more about the principle behind “cultural” armor. A Charr shouldn’t be able to wear human cultural armor even if they’re willing to pay 5k gems for it, especially when the human isn’t offered the same option (not that anyone would ever want Charr armor lol)

SBI
[DR]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Silas.8630

No worries in 2 weeks we’ll all be raging about how content was taken out of and not directly added on top of Wintersday.

God I hope not. I expect in 2 weeks I’ll be sitting on my couch playing ps4 and gw2 will be nothing but a bittersweet memory.

SBI
[DR]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fasyx.9347

Fasyx.9347

See what you did, Anet?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1rind1/flamekissed_armor_seriously/

Adding PvE events to WvW(Anet: “Nothing will change during WvW seasons”) and now this. Well done, Anet. Well done!

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/ca/cab9eb38030537cce5e0fd55fe2a7eb4b23ddcf61b2a3fedd1b25e851e65ffdd.jpg

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ankdarkwolf.1487

ankdarkwolf.1487

I don’t really care about the price, but i’m quite sad that the lack of creativity of designers had to bring to low cheap choices like this one. Cultural armors were made to be unique for each race, and now only the top tier human is not unique anymore? That’s quite racist (to make a silly joke)

If my sylvari can get the human cultural then i want the sylvari cultural for my human, and norn, charr and asura’s also, for each profession and every tier. Because race at this point don’t matter anymore.

Maeeve – The Unlikely Plan (TUP) – Cute! <3

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

- It should cost more than the Cultural Armor does.

- You could bump up the price and sell the parts individual as well (please, please do)

It’s not fun to see that your T3 leggings are available as a straight up cosmetic upgrade, but you have to buy the entire set to acquire them, and the set itself costs less than the usual T3 set?! I can only imagine how those that have purchased the whole T3 set feel now. . .

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ThaMightyBird.9712

ThaMightyBird.9712

Give the people who bought it a bonus or something and remove it from the game forever so no one sees this big mistake again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

- You could bump up the price and sell the parts individual as well (please, please do)

It’s not fun to see that your T3 leggings are available as a straight up cosmetic upgrade, but you have to buy the entire set to acquire them, and the set itself costs less than the usual T3 set?! I can only imagine how those that have purchased the whole T3 set feel now. . .

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Thelgar.7214

There is no way to roll back something like this. People bought not only the armor skin, but also armor to put it on and dyes, weapons, minis and/or character slots to go with it. For some players that is into hundreds of gold and/or hundreds of dollars. You can’t compensate those people by saying, “Here’s 800 gems and a random widget.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Silas.8630

This is now the 3rd thread you’ve posted this request in and I don’t see it gaining any more traction here than it did when you created the first topic. Most players who spent the money on the original armor set want to see the gemshop version removed from the game and never seen/heard from again, not added piecemeal to the shop at higher prices.

SBI
[DR]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Silas.8630

Of course there’s a way to roll back something like this…theoretically at least. Any competent development team should have a backup of the state of the server prior to any update being applied. Of course therein lies the problem, as in this case “competent development team” can be read as “a development team that works somewhere other than Anet.” As such it’s probably impossible for Anet to perform such a rollback and they wouldn’t even if they could.

SBI
[DR]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Thelgar.7214

So you want them to roll back everything people have done since the patch went live?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

now they need to make all cultural armor available to all races.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ThaMightyBird.9712

ThaMightyBird.9712

or refund my T3

in Black Lion Trading Co

Silas.8630

So you want them to roll back everything people have done since the patch went live?

You said it’s impossible and I said you’re wrong. I never said it’s a good idea, but it’s definitely possible. “There’s no way Anet would rollback something like this” is not the same as “there’s no way Anet could rollback something like this.”

EDIT: which are both different from “Anet should rollback such a colossal kitten up.”

SBI
[DR]

(edited by Silas.8630)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

most people (inkl myself) are not angry because we have that light human t3 armor and now there is a “better” version of it for a cheaper price, it is because its a cultural armor. the armor belongs to a human and NO other race. the uniqueness is lost now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I do like that they put out this armor set. I’m very picky and like to explore a great look for my characters. With the limit supply of armor, anything that opens up our choices is a good thing.

Coloring the flaming would be a great idea. As would simply being able to turn them off completely. For me, more customizing the better. More choices the better.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

I see no problem with human cultural armor being made available to all on the trading post, in fact I commend the decision. Bravo, Anet!

Signed,
Rytlock Brimstone

;)

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

maybe i’m just an old-timer…but does anyone else remember way back at launch when people were transmuting cultural armors several times and were able to equip them different races then the ones intended? Then ANET made a REALLY BIG DEAL about it and said that it was unintended and cultural armor was designed to create more diversity among the races. and then you know what they went ahead and did….THEY SOMEHOW FOUND A WAY TO ROLLBACK ALL THOSE CULTURAL ARMORS AND REMOVE THEM FROM THE GAME!!!! Maybe somebody from the Dev team took notes that day and can recall when, how, and WHY said incident occured and was resolved….but who remembers those olden days anyway…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hoplomachii.6213

Hoplomachii.6213

Dear Anet,

Sorry to sound harsh but the new armor sets are lazy designs. If the new armors are using new designs instead of modding existing armor sets with fiery effects, the backlash wouldnt have been so terrible.

Did the team even think about the consequences of releasing a T3 cultural armor to other races ? What is the point of having exclusive cultural armor then if one fine day it will be available in the gem store for other races ? And it is cheaper with shiny effects to boot!

Please , I hope the team learns from this fiasco and not repeat the same mistake in the future.

Yours sincerely,
A concerned Guild Wars 2 player

in Black Lion Trading Co

Thelgar.7214

You said it’s impossible and I said you’re wrong. I never said it’s a good idea, but it’s definitely possible. “There’s no way Anet would rollback something like this” is not the same as “there’s no way Anet could rollback something like this.”

EDIT: which are both different from “Anet should rollback such a colossal kitten up.”

Well, you’ve argued semantics and successfully proved me wrong in a way that does nothing to support your argument. You win the Internet.

Oh, wait. There was context for this discussion that goes beyond changing could to would or vice versa. Sorry, we’ll have to reset the Internet and erase everything that happened since your post…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Silas.8630

maybe i’m just an old-timer…but does anyone else remember way back at launch when people were transmuting cultural armors several times and were able to equip them different races then the ones intended? Then ANET made a REALLY BIG DEAL about it and said that it was unintended and cultural armor was designed to create more diversity among the races. and then you know what they went ahead and did….THEY SOMEHOW FOUND A WAY TO ROLLBACK ALL THOSE CULTURAL ARMORS AND REMOVE THEM FROM THE GAME!!!! Maybe somebody from the Dev team took notes that day and can recall when, how, and WHY said incident occured and was resolved….but who remembers those olden days anyway…

Shhhh, anyone who still remembers that was supposed to have quit the game a loooooong time ago, you’re ruining everything!

EDIT: I did some digging about this incident and came up with some information I thought I’d share. Turns out the coder who orchestrated the rollback of the exploited cultural armors was let go shortly thereafter because he turned out to be really crappy at designing backpieces.

Well, you’ve argued semantics and successfully proved me wrong in a way that does nothing to support your argument. You win the Internet.

Oh, wait. There was context for this discussion that goes beyond changing could to would or vice versa. Sorry, we’ll have to reset the Internet and erase everything that happened since your post…

I’m sorry, I didn’t intend for the sheer complexity of my semantical confoundery to obscure my actual point, which was that Anet can and should rollback the armor. But they won’t.

p.s. I bolded the important bits just for you so you don’t have to decipher any obnoxious linguistic subtleties. I would have expected a little more wit from someone with a play on “misdirection” as an account name but I may have misjudged.

SBI
[DR]

(edited by Silas.8630)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’ve been expressing a desire for more and more options for Armor since launch. Especially the removal of the restrictions on armor like weight and culture. To instead of wasting time and resources on creating new pieces, to simply repurpose the existing ones. I’m happy to see the Dev’s do exactly that.

Now only if we can get more dyeable and visible zones to switch on/off so we can get really creative and unique. Also, some new designs that are more refined and chic. Like, idk… pants for all classes. It’s only been over a year of asking

For those that purchased T3, this is still a bargain for you to buy armor for your alts. And, it doesn’t gain anything toward the Emperor title.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jinn.7143

Jinn.7143

Thank you so much for this post! I did not know that happened.
You gave me some hope. (I lost it all yesterday)
If rollback would happen, I would continue my support for Anet (I have been paying them monthly for gems because I loved what they do and how they listen us, respect us and respond to us)

What happened yesterday, disgusting and disrespectful actions they did, and with the post deleting today I lost both my faith and respect in them. As a year-long supporter and human cultural tier3 light+medium owner I really got kicked in the face. Only something like a total rollback or total refund and respectful response would get me (and my wallet) back… But I don’t have high hopes. I’m already looking for other games and companies to use my money and time in.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LorVan.1029

LorVan.1029

“The irony is strong with this one”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Thelgar.7214

Shhhh, anyone who still remembers that was supposed to have quit the game a loooooong time ago, you’re ruining everything!

EDIT: I did some digging about this incident and came up with some information I thought I’d share. Turns out the coder who orchestrated the rollback of the exploited cultural armors was let go shortly thereafter because he turned out to be really crappy at designing backpieces.

I’m sorry, I didn’t intend for the sheer complexity of my semantical confoundery to obscure my actual point, which was that Anet can and should rollback the armor. But they won’t.

p.s. I bolded the important bits just for you so you don’t have to decipher any obnoxious linguistic subtleties. I would have expected a little more wit from someone with a play on “misdirection” as an account name but I may have misjudged.

Your actual point is incorrect and your attempt to mischaracterize your failure to include both aspects of the original poster’s intent (to adequately compensate those who purchased the flamekissed armor and roll back the armor itself) in your argument as some difficulty I had comprehending your argument is in bad taste.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

p.s. I bolded the important bits just for you so you don’t have to decipher any obnoxious linguistic subtleties. I would have expected a little more wit from someone with a play on “misdirection” as an account name but I may have misjudged.[/quote]

maybe you were ‘misdirected’ b/c surely the name is a play on “missed erection” ;D
all kidding aside, i can’t even imagine how this made it through any kind of screening process w/o any consideration of the impact this what this has done for proud wearers of the incredibly expensive t3 gear. It has to be transmuted to exotic stats and then adding in the purchase of new runes or salvaging used runes you’re talking a price of 150G+ for race specific armor only to see, some time later, all of Tyria wearing your prized armor at 1/3 fo the price as it is a skin that can be directly applied to existing gear. i really can’t understand how this happened or imagine what this means for the future of cultural armor/skills. cultural weapons were a joke from the start with slight color variations available to all with easy accessability but they’re cheap and bought with karma anyway but t3 armor is just not ok imo

(edited by Tman.6349)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Thelgar.7214

maybe you were ‘misdirected’ b/c surely the name is a play on “missed erection” ;D

No, it is misdirection. I had never heard or seen the phrase you mentioned before this. Not something I’ve ever had a problem with…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

There’s a lot of people saying the effects don’t mean anything.
Cool, now imagine the legendary patch they did that added footprint updates and effects only affected newly bought versions in the gem store.
No retro fitting, hey its a TOTALLY different weapon thanks to these effects.
Then that the legendary itself (hey its just a skin) was available for 1000 gems.
Bet you’d feel that grind for a now sub-par item was worth it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lygerain.7319

lygerain.7319

Since light Human t3 culture is in the gem, nothing exclusive is safe now I have a feeling Hall of Monuments items are coming in the near future. So for those of you including myself who spend months or years on building your HoM you might see them in the gem someday.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I agree with the rollback proposal. I actually bought the item, but it just felt too cheap so I stuffed it in my bank.

If race restricted highly expensive armor can be treated like this, reskinned legendaries could just as well be next. And I’m not even joking. This goes to the heart of the game’s core design. Immersive gameplay? This is the way to break that concept in half.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Silas.8630

Your actual point is incorrect

There were three aspects to my original point, which you claim is “incorrect,” so we’ll address them each in turn.

Part 1: Anet can rollback the armors.
This one really isn’t open for debate. It’s technologically possible for them to reset the entire server to its previous state, to simply delete the armor from all players’ inventories, or take any of a myriad of measures that would all result in a game world without the new armor. To claim otherwise demonstrates a remarkable lack of understanding of the fundamental functions of electronic storage mediums and data manipulation in the modern era.

Part 2: Anet should rollback the armors.
This is a subjective opinion, and as such can be neither correct nor incorrect.

Part 3: Anet won’t rollback the armors.
This is perhaps the only third of my argument for which you might have a leg to stand on with regards to its validity. Although I can’t claim to know definitively what Anet will and will not do, I can employ a bit of abductive reasoning. Given what I know about the frequency with which people complain on the forums about patch changes (often) and the frequency with which Anet apologizes and reverses those changes (not often) I can hypothesize that the pattern will continue to hold true for this case. Anet may be able to prove me wrong here, but you certainly can’t and the fact that they have yet to make any public statement of intent and the armor is still available for purchase would seem to indicate that I’ve got the lead here as well.

and your attempt to mischaracterize your failure to include both aspects of the original poster’s intent (to adequately compensate those who purchased the flamekissed armor and roll back the armor itself) in your argument as some difficulty I had comprehending your argument is in bad taste.

I assume you’re referring to me addressing only the feasibility of rolling back the armor, rather than the issue of compensation. I didn’t feel the need to comment further on the finer points of a solution since you had already summarily dismissed the possibility that a solution even existed. I felt the basic premise of the argument was a more suitable place to start, rather than waste time on details that hinged on first disproving your initial statement. Care to rhetoric further?

SBI
[DR]

(edited by Silas.8630)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azzy.6485

azzy.6485

Give Anet a break guys – it’s pretty obvious they are hurting for sales right now…I mean they took three existing armor sets and added some fire effects to them so they could sell them for real $$$, obvious much? I thought this new marketing campaign was interesting until I saw these armors and realized that it might not of been tongue and cheek but instead dead serious, which makes it seem desperate.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Silas.8630

Request denied. The more duplicate threads with 2 posts praising the new skins we neglect to merge, and 200+ post threads expressing outrage we delete, the more it will look like everyone loves our new content!

SBI
[DR]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

Lisa digs in her big feets and scowls a giant scowl. Call me stupid if you wish, when I first saw the Flamekissed light set in the Gem store I did not think about Tier 3 culture armor. What made me squeal with glee, whip out my card and buy two sets, was this set looks fabulous on both my female Asura Necro and my male Sylvari Elementalist.

My Necro just hit 80 and I had been looking about in vain for an armor set which looked good on her.

I found nothing.

I was a sad panda until I saw this armor. It was perfect. Captured her personality perfectly.

I am going to fight for this armor. It was there to sell, and I, in good faith, bought not one, but two sets and am thinking about buying a heavy version for my Char Warrior.

However, I do understand and sympathize with everyone who struggled, and farmed, and spent a lot of time earning the gold for cultural T3.

I agree Anet never should have reskinned a set that was human only, and expensive to get.

If the Flame kissed one did not look so wonderfully good on my Necro, I would not fight for this armor at all….but…it does look good on my little Asura, and is the only Light armor that I have found that does look good on her.

Darn and blast.

Anet, if you are going to replace this skin with another, which is the right thing to do, please, please, please make sure it looks good on a little pony tailed, green eyed, demon of an asura. If you can do that, I will be happy and keep on spending real money in your gem store.

*Sigh.

Lisa.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cali.5721

Cali.5721

Lisa digs in her big feets and scowls a giant scowl. Call me stupid if you wish, when I first saw the Flamekissed light set in the Gem store I did not think about Tier 3 culture armor. What made me squeal with glee, whip out my card and buy two sets, was this set looks fabulous on both my female Asura Necro and my male Sylvari Elementalist.

My Necro just hit 80 and I had been looking about in vain for an armor set which looked good on her.

I found nothing.

I was a sad panda until I saw this armor. It was perfect. Captured her personality perfectly.

I am going to fight for this armor. It was there to sell, and I, in good faith, bought not one, but two sets and am thinking about buying a heavy version for my Char Warrior.

However, I do understand and sympathize with everyone who struggled, and farmed, and spent a lot of time earning the gold for cultural T3.

I agree Anet never should have reskinned a set that was human only, and expensive to get.

If the Flame kissed one did not look so wonderfully good on my Necro, I would not fight for this armor at all….but…it does look good on my little Asura, and is the only Light armor that I have found that does look good on her.

Darn and blast.

Anet, if you are going to replace this skin with another, which is the right thing to do, please, please, please make sure it looks good on a little pony tailed, green eyed, demon of an asura. If you can do that, I will be happy and keep on spending real money in your gem store.

*Sigh.

Lisa.

Thank you for your empathetic stance on this issue. As someone who spent quite a bit of gold for the tier 3 cultural armor for my human mesmer, it is upsetting to see that quite a few people made posts gleefully telling Anet how pleased they are that this armor was made available to other races.