Insane Prices - Offical Statement?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

All the potshots about players and their habits aside, ANet sure isn’t helping the situation any by producing such a crazy amount of gem store content.

See that as you will; I know why it’s happening, I just wish more weight would be placed in in game achievement — uninspired back pieces don’t compare.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

As I’ve mentioned in an another thread, this is a “wrong” mentalism that keeps up the problem and diggs it deeper & deeper.

Get some social studies and test it out;
If you force someone to do not-enjoyable work (farmgrind) to earn something, they’ll order others to do the same when they’re the ones selling stuff. This works like it at 94,73% of Players.

It means its not matter how high price you sell a limited item, there always will be someone who will purchase it if that person can’t get it or something similar/better otherway.

You’re just missed my point. I’m not QQing, and can afford 200g skin. Just Won’t.
Look around. Users already started to use common skins instead of Dungeon Skins and RNG ones are very rare, but not because of their rarity. Because their unreasonably high prices. Ask people around. I did in UW and Piken. They say the same as I do

If you had enough of this conversation, just do what smart rich people do with the clever ones. Pay up to shut their mouth :P

You really want my item, and claim you can afford it. Yet you don’t want to buy it. That means you don’t really want it. That’s pretty straight forward. So why all this complaining about prices? It makes no sense.

And on a related note. If something is out of your price range, and you can’t afford it, it make sense that you can’t have it. Players are allowed to use common skins all they want. Rare skins are optional. Not sure what point you’re making with this one.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

….and RNG ones are very rare, but not because of their rarity. Because their unreasonably high prices.

The rarity causes the price. If you think you can get the RNG item with 40g worth of gem, go ahead and try your luck. What is the part you don’t understand?

If people can get an RNG item with ~20g, the item will cost ~20g on TP. Look at the dragon jade weapons.

And don’t always think about manipulating. You can set the price whatever you want, but doesn’t mean people will buy it. Look at the graph of some of the RNG weapons yourself, just any random one. Fused Axe Skin for example, looks like someone is selling 300g for at least a month already, it just sit there, not being sold. Will it sell? Probably, eventually, but you have to waaaaaaaait.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

What’s the big deal on using common skin and dungeon skin?

You are the one that want to use some rare expensive skin and complain about you can’t afford it.

At least having a cap of 7 keys will keep the price below 350 gold. You see what happened to the hallowean skins before.

It’s Anet design to keep item exclusive so you want to log in or spend cash “now”. I don’t agree it myself. You can keep complaining, and most likely Anet will just ignore it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

“you lose out” isn’t acceptable. Its a design flaw.

It’s not a design flaw. It’s part of the game.

It’s no different than having to spend 5x more or go through a much harder route to get the best items in game.

If everything were to easy to acquire in a game, then what’s the point?

It is a design flaw, because it encourages ‘farming’ and farming isn’t playing the game, it’s doing a job.

Examples:

“Want that cool new gs skin?”
>> Go farming champions for a week!

“Can’t farm champions enough?”
>> Prices rise and you have to farm for 2 weeks. Wait another week and you’ll have to farm 3 weeks.

“Want to actually enjoy the game, doing a dungeon or some WvW/sPvP?”
>> Bad luck for you, you NEED to farm and grind!

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

You mean pve players need to grind and do …

1) farm champ
2) do dungeon
3) world event
4) TP flipping
5) mining

You can call those grinding, but that’s pretty much the whole game for a pve player.

Oh ya, and other mmorpg is much worse in terms of grind and legendary gear actually have unfair and better stats.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

Well Anachrophobia isn’t a bltc skin because it’s not obtained from RGN boxes. I do agree that the crossing and the other holloween recipe skins were probably manipulated with insider information, as described in this thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Insider-trading-is-rampant/first#post2808338

Baisically someone bought out the The Crossings from the TP, before they disabled the crafting recipe. They knew something before it was announced. Then when ANET enabled the recipes, the cost is rediculas. Sounds very fishy.

As for BLTC skins, they are high for a reason. One blc key is 125 gems, and has a cost of over 5g. Those claim tickets are extreamly rare aswell, and people have opened hundreds without getting a ticket. So, i think a price of 200g is fair. If you don’t like it you can always go the old fashion way and buy the keys yourself. 6 months ago we didn’t even have the option to buy these skins from the TP. I’m thankful ANET even gave us this option. I’d rather have high prices, then have these skins only availible to a few players that can afford to blow rl money on keys.

As for ANET creating a cealing to stop high prices, that’s just rediculas. High prices are ok. These skins are something to work towards & having a long term goal is important. They are not obtainable for most casuals, but there’s cheaper alternatives that look cool, and thats what makes GW2 such a good game for both casuals and hardcore. Some skins need prestige!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

This is what we’re speaking about
Just to mention, after the days I’ve made this topic, the Fused Short Bow price gone up by 100G+. Its already at ~360G now. Yes…

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

^ you should be thankful. At least it won’t go up much more.

At least Anet gives you an option to buy it with 7 keys(in which you can’t do it before).

Take a look at ghastly grinning shield

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Black Lion Trading Co

RoyalPredator.9163

What are you speaking about now?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Evilbeavers.3964

Evilbeavers.3964

The shield skin from last years halloween that was not brought back. If I remember correctly most of the supply was bought out and re-listed at double the price. Went from roughly 400g to 700g.

Kiblet – War Nubs – [NUB]
Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

in Black Lion Trading Co

RoyalPredator.9163

Powertraded materials you say? This is exactly how big money makes even bigger.
Some may call it investment… but not when its 100% bought up.
In my language and laws of my country, its considered as market manipulation…

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

Ya sure, oil price went up by a multiple of 5 in the last 12 years. Must be market manipulation.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

Casual players can get top-tier stat gear and play all content. Therefore, the game is casual friendly. However, only hard core players can stay on top of the achievement curve, get legendaries, afford 200g skins, max out WvW Xp benefits, etc.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

It’s a perfectly acceptable answer when the item you are talking about has NO bearing on being able to play the game. You need to step back and get some overall perspective on what you are ranting about.

I’m not saying that there is potential in some of these situations for market gouging to exist, but none of the items you are ranting about are NEEDED to progress in the game. Maybe ANet does need to look into the potential pricing issues, but not because ANY player is entitled to a cheaper weapon skin.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

the problem is simply how the exchange is done, rich ppl can manipulate the market like mad while casuals and less fortunate can only afford the cheap junk.
Anet should’ve kept a lid on the exchange system, now it’s gone to hell.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

There isn’t a single, group (operating independently) or cabal (operating together) of players pulling a De Beers on legendary/precursor supply, or any other prestige item to artificially keep the price high.

Any supply that gets posted for sale at a more reasonable price is immediately snapped up thus leaving the overpriced ones to remain indefinitely making players like you to believe that’s the going price. Prices have gone up in step with Gold→Gem rates which is indicative of increased coin in the economy. That’s simply inflation, plain and simple.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

the problem is simply how the exchange is done, rich ppl can manipulate the market like mad while casuals and less fortunate can only afford the cheap junk.

Anet actually keep a lid on the black lion weapon.

The problem is many items are “event” only, which can eventually run out of supply.

Another problem is items are “too hard to get”. For example legendary gear or a fused gear which cause 7 keys is too hard to get.

Even if hallowean shield or fused weapon is caped at a price. It just mean supply will run out and there will be none in the trading post.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Black Lion Trading Co

RoyalPredator.9163

Ya sure, oil price went up by a multiple of 5 in the last 12 years. Must be market manipulation.

It is tho. Search up which governments made the money and built up giant military force, and why-how wars made…

Prices have gone up in step with Gold —> Gem rates which is indicative of increased coin in the economy. That’s simply inflation, plain and simple.

People buying GW2 (Most of them are ex-WoW players).
1000 people will more likely to try exchange their golds than a few with,
witch means the Gem price increase are more likely the effect of more players soing minor exchanges than the eRich ones doing the bigs.

It’s a perfectly acceptable answer when the item you are talking about has NO bearing on being able to play the game.
… but none of the items you are ranting about are NEEDED to progress in the game. Maybe ANet does need to look into the potential pricing issues, but not because ANY player is entitled to a cheaper weapon skin.

No and Yes ^^
Skin gathering (Player’s basic Customization methood) is about to make progress by collecting skins that they want. It IS the progress for most of us, since we can’t really get more powerful items on & on & on – like in most of the MMOs we got tired of.
So Anet completed the HALF of their promise. There is no NEED to grind for these, but after all we don’t even NEED to play the game if it not keeps us entertained, see?
And Yes because Anet needs to look into the potential pricing issues.

in Black Lion Trading Co

sorudo.9054

The problem is many items are “event” only, which can eventually run out of supply.

Another problem is items are “too hard to get”. For example legendary gear or a fused gear which cause 7 keys is too hard to get.

Even if hallowean shield or fused weapon is caped at a price. It just mean supply will run out and there will be none in the trading post.

where did i say weapons?

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

where did i say weapons?

where did i say i’m talking about weapon. I talked about everything. weapon is just one of the everything.

80% of the post talk about how capping price is ….. Since there wont’ even be any supply on the trading post if you capped the price.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

It is tho. Search up which governments made the money and built up giant military force, and why-how wars made…

if you mean the americans, yes, they are manipulating the market by making it cheaper. else it’ll go up more.

better send those armies to the conflict area, else there wont’ be oil supply.

I understand what you are trying to say. People invest(or you call it manipulation) on items. But even if fused weapon is capped at 50 gold. You still won’t be able to buy it anyway because there won’t be any supply.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Black Lion Trading Co

RoyalPredator.9163

Well, then it needs to be supplied. No matter how Arenanet does;
Make it craftable or much less RNG crap, or just fill the TP’s supply on the maximum price – w/ monthly quantity limits.

in Black Lion Trading Co

sorudo.9054

where did i say weapons?

where did i say i’m talking about weapon. I talked about everything. weapon is just one of the everything.

80% of the post talk about how capping price is ….. Since there wont’ even be any supply on the trading post if you capped the price.

First you talk about weapons and gear and now you deny it while it’s right there in the quote, i just lost you…..
i was talking about the exchange gold-gem-gold, no gear here.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: John Smith.4610

John Smith.4610

I’m not sure I entirely understand what the problem is, if someone could elaborate objectively on the argument I would appreciate it.

For anything regarding the currency exchange I will say that the currency exchange is NOT a good indicator of market prices or inflation, it wasn’t designed to be.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

There isn’t a problem. Just ignore this thread. =)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m not sure I entirely understand what the problem is, if someone could elaborate objectively on the argument I would appreciate it.

For anything regarding the currency exchange I will say that the currency exchange is NOT a good indicator of market prices or inflation, it wasn’t designed to be.

John, in the most simple explanation of the opening post, the player is upset that we’re allowed to have an open market. He can’t afford/doesn’t want to pay the high prices for certain rare item skins, and is upset that we sell them for the prices they’re currently valued at.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

So Sorudo you are referring to the Gem Exchange. How can it be manipulated by players, even rich ones? Rates have to go up around 39% for someone who converted gold to gems to convert back to gold to make a profit. It rarely goes up that quickly in the short term (as in a month or less). It’s much more lucrative to flip in TP with your capital than invest in gems long term.

Anyways the major spikes in the exchange rate occurs when highly desirable items appear or go on sale at the Gem Shop. That’s more of an indication of players being cheap than some grand market manipulation scheme.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

in Black Lion Trading Co

sorudo.9054

So Sorudo you are referring to the Gem Exchange. How can it be manipulated by players, even rich ones? Rates have to go up around 39% for someone who converted gold to gems to convert back to gold to make a profit. It rarely goes up that quickly in the short term (as in a month or less). It’s much more lucrative to flip in TP with your capital than invest in gems long term.

i don’t have time to play every single day nor do i have the patience to farm…nor do i see farming a part of the game.
however, with rich ppl buying gems like it’s nothing to exchange it to gold and farm hippies exchanging gold to gems like they have nothing else to do it makes it really hard to take the current exchange system serious.
heck, if anything they should’ve made it 1G=100 gem max, it’s maybe not friendly for farm hippies but casuals with an actual life can get at least some chance on getting gems without paying for a small amount of gems in real money.

for now i am forced to buy gems with euro’s and Anet screws over europeans every single day, they favor USD over EURO and even make an excuse that apparently some weak minded ppl believe.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

“for now i am forced to buy gems with euro’s and Anet screws over europeans every single day, they favor USD over EURO and even make an excuse that apparently some weak minded ppl believe.”

That would be true if Anet were in charge of taxation

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Someone found out that other players have more or are better at getting in-game money than them and are terribly, terribly put out that the people selling the stuff they want would like to get as much money as possible for their goods, so they are pricing/selling to the richer players.

Since it would seem a bit hypocritical for someone amassing money to buy stuff to be kitten ed off at other people amassing money to buy stuff, they want the sellers to be extra nice to them and them alone, or for ANet to MAKE the sellers play nice.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

for now i am forced to buy gems with euro’s and Anet screws over europeans every single day, they favor USD over EURO and even make an excuse that apparently some weak minded ppl believe.

Then you should tell Europe to get rid of your VAT, and then convert all your currencies to the US Dollar.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

There’s really no reason to ridicule. I would view this as a call from an economically ignorant person to increase the drop rate.

Obviously, we can’t ask players to stop wanting things, all we can do is ask ANet to supply more of the things we want.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

@Vol Have to say man, you seem stressed lol, you never were this mean lol….

As for the OP, not sure how things are now. I quit the game after the VERY ridiculous nerfs to farming. Only log in every now and than so don’t know how hard it is to grind for gold now other than playing the TP, which I will never do…seems cheap and not really my style.

But I do know that before the hard nerfs to farming it would have taken a casual(which I am, not by choice lol) six months to craft a legendary…that still the case? If so, than I think skins are where they should be.

As one poster said, holiday skins should be taken off the “Ultra Rare and Expensive” list, it should be nothing more than Anet sharing the spirit of the holidays with their customers through art (skins).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Laeir.5197

Laeir.5197

I think it’s an interesting question, whether the prices of rare skins are inline with developer expectations, but I don’t think it’s one that can be discussed without a lot of heart ache. The BLT RNG skins are helping to fund this game and I can only assume that those are managed to maximize profits. Legendary items help keep Inflation in check by providing a materials and gold sink (through TP taxes). As much as I’d love to have some of these skins, I’d rather have a smoothly operating game that can be played at all levels without a subscription fee.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

The primary purpose of the Gem Exchange is for players to provide the gold other players will get when they sell their Gems. This way neither gold or gems are created by the exchange once it was established.

The Gem Exchange was not meant as the preferred method to procure Gems, buying them with cash is, like the proxy cash shop in nearly every other MMO. They don’t call it a cash shop because it takes Monopoly money.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BladeDVD.6234

BladeDVD.6234

I think they feel that these are in game rewards that they should be able to get however they like to play the game. Any restriction that “excessively” delays them getting the reward beyond their own personal opinion of how long it should take to get is unfair.

Their opinions of other people in the game being able to get this stuff varies a lot, but I think the above is the crux of the issue, put in the most objective terms that conveys their feelings.

Unfortunately, that flies in the face of human nature in an MMO, so I don’t think there’s too much you can say to placate them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: diamondgirl.6315

diamondgirl.6315

Part of the point of playing a game is enjoying the pretty thing the game has to offer. Whether the grind required to get some of them crosses over from motivational carrot to Sisyphean torment is highly disputed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

Imo the real problem is that with vertical progression and ascended being such a grind, people are forced to not only balance immediate stat improvements over cosmetic items they really like the looks of (not a problem GW1 had — despite very large cosmetic grinds — because of the low barrier to maximum stats), but expected FUTURE improvements to stats. AKA, the rest of the ascended gear and whatever future tiers you stick us with.

It’s already difficult for an average gamer to fully kit out a single character, when all weapons are considered and if we assume people might actually, you know, want to play more than one build. When you add in alts, then you’re further gimping yourself when you pursue expensive cosmetic items.

So these high prices for cosmetic things become even bigger in people’s eyes, whereas if they didn’t have to worry about stat creep, I think you’d find far fewer complaints.

…. Slightly related, I’d love to have a currency that’s just for “fun” things. Nothing that can ever be converted to gold, or anything with stats, just skins, minipets, and random “toys.” Be nice to buy something and not have to think, “Well, I guess it’ll be another month or two before I can afford to try out that other build…” etc.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Imo the real problem is that with vertical progression and ascended being such a grind, people are forced to not only balance immediate stat improvements over cosmetic items they really like the looks of (not a problem GW1 had — despite very large cosmetic grinds — because of the low barrier to maximum stats), but expected FUTURE improvements to stats. AKA, the rest of the ascended gear and whatever future tiers you stick us with.

It’s already difficult for an average gamer to fully kit out a single character, when all weapons are considered and if we assume people might actually, you know, want to play more than one build. When you add in alts, then you’re further gimping yourself when you pursue expensive cosmetic items.

So these high prices for cosmetic things become even bigger in people’s eyes, whereas if they didn’t have to worry about stat creep, I think you’d find far fewer complaints.

Just an FYI – you can’t buy Ascended gear from the TP.

That said, how are you comparing expensive skins (no stats/cosmetic only) with vertical progression?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

If one wants to obtain the items referred to by the OP it is virtually impossible to do by just playing the game given the extreme RNG unless one is extremely lucky. A player then has to grind for gold or play the TP, which is by far the easiest way to earn gold in the game, which is itself a problem given that the game is a themepark MMO not a sandbox where the TP is subject to large doses of manipulation by arenanet.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Prove that morrolan. How is ANet manipulating the TP?

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

If one wants to obtain the items referred to by the OP it is virtually impossible to do by just playing the game given the extreme RNG unless one is extremely lucky. A player then has to grind for gold or play the TP, which is by far the easiest way to earn gold in the game, which is itself a problem given that the game is a themepark MMO not a sandbox where the TP is subject to large doses of manipulation by arenanet.

I quite enjoy seeing conspiracy theorists come up with accusations. The desperation to attribute randomness with “manipulation” is fascinating.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Amun Ra.6435

Manipulation might not be the most appropriate word to use, but Anet controls all prices in the game…I say again…all prices in the game.

I would hope you don’t need a detailed explanation on how.

We as players are just left with the scaps to play with and set the prices. Again…we are only setting prices based on the scaps Anet gives us…should Anet not like the price we set they give or take away scaps and thus “Manipulate” the prices we see in game…Anet has done so many times…

When a developer has nothing better to do (no ideas) then simulate the real world economy…they HAVE to intervene and change prices as they see fit (“whats best for the economy”)…haven’t heard that before…lol…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Manipulation might not be the most appropriate word to use, but Anet controls all prices in the game…I say again…all prices in the game.

We as players are just left with the scaps to play with and set the prices. Again…we are only setting prices based on the scaps Anet gives us…should Anet not like the price we set they give or take away scaps and thus “Manipulate” the prices we see in game…Anet has done so many times…

When a developer has nothing better to do (no ideas) then simulate the real world economy…they HAVE to intervene and change prices as they see fit (“whats best for the economy”)…haven’t heard that before…lol…

Actually, Anet can control the “availability” of items. We players control the prices. If I want to sell a Dusk for 100 Gold, Anet’s not stopping me from doing so. On a related note, it wouldn’t be Anet’s fault if another player put in a Dusk Buy Order for 600 Gold. That’s one player’s own personal choice. So then I’ve just made six times as much money as I initially wanted.

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

where did i say weapons?

First you talk about weapons and gear and now you deny it while it’s right there in the quote, i just lost you…..
i was talking about the exchange gold-gem-gold, no gear here.

I don’t know you are talking about gold-gem exchange. I’m not sure how I’m suppose to know that.

I think I’m mislead since you said exchange, I thought you mean the trading post.

I don’t think that many people buy gem to resell since the buy and sell price have a large margin. At least I think there are much better item to invest/flip.

The rich people probably bought too many gems, It’s hard for casual player to buy gem at cheaper price. At the same time, players might spend less real cash compare to the demand of gem. So that drive the price up.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

Actually, Anet can control the “availability” of items. We players control the prices.

I think there’s too much philosophy going on.

The button line is if items are more available or easier to acquire, players don’t need to grind or farm that long to acquire the things they want.

I don’t necessary agree or disagree with making items more available or easier to acquire, because relatively GW2 is much more casual than most other mmorpg already.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Amun Ra.6435

Actually, Anet can control the “availability” of items. We players control the prices. If I want to sell a Dusk for 100 Gold, Anet’s not stopping me from doing so. On a related note, it wouldn’t be Anet’s fault if another player put in a Dusk Buy Order for 600 Gold. That’s one player’s own personal choice. So then I’ve just made six times as much money as I initially wanted.

Yes…but what if Anet does not like the prices being set…what happens then? Not like they haven’t messed with prices before…

And to the bold part of your response…Yeah, like that happens…ever. Unless you are talking about the insider trading going on, ala “The Crossing”…Anet really needs to get their kitten together on that kitten.

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

Yes…but what if Anet does not like the prices being set…what happens then? Not like they haven’t messed with prices before…

And to the bold part of your response…Yeah, like that happens…ever. Unless you are talking about the insider trading going on, ala “The Crossing”…Anet really needs to get their kitten together on that kitten.

well, he’ll probably spend a very long time explaining players are the one setting the price. And talk about economy 101. Like he did to me before.

In which, I think he’s missing the point. People are complaining because items are too hard to acquire. In which is what people are discussing. The availability of item.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

Just an FYI – you can’t buy Ascended gear from the TP.

That said, how are you comparing expensive skins (no stats/cosmetic only) with vertical progression?

No, but you can buy materials to level your crafting and such from the TP, which is a hefty expense, and some of the materials themselves. You can also buy the (large) ecto component to trinkets, and gold is added to trinkets if you go the guild commendation route, etc.

So I’m saying, in GW1 it was very cheap and easy to max stats, so big, expensive cosmetics were embraced. Here, getting max stats is NOT cheap and is NOT easy, and thus expensive cosmetic items must be balanced against money you spend toward getting the current best stats. (And we know ascended armor is just around the corner, so you must also balance it against saving for future stat increase releases.)

I think if pretties were all people had to worry about, they’d complain much less about paying a high price for them.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

(edited by Rainshine.5493)