Insane Prices - Offical Statement?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: diamondgirl.6315

diamondgirl.6315

^ Every mmorpg pretty much is about farming in the end.

That’s why I was so excited when they said they wanted to make something different with this game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

^ they did. they make only cosmetic item grinding.

either way beside the small update every few weeks, you are still doing the same old dungeon, world boss, wvw, spvp, champ farming everyday, weather you do it or not.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

either way beside the small update every few weeks, you are still doing the same old dungeon, world boss, wvw, spvp, champ farming everyday, weather you do it or not.

Sad aint it… they took the idea for their previous game and put it in dull content. Now its a fashion show where you only become cool by being bored for hundreds of hours. How people get through it without a bottle of Vicodin I’ll never know.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ArchAngelGabriel.4625

ArchAngelGabriel.4625

^ I dont’ even understand what he is trying to say.

So I buy a sword for 100 gold. and If I resell it for 130 gold, I’ll end up only getting 30 gold?

No you’ll end up with 10.5g after fees but that’s neither here or there. The guy I was quoting was suggesting yet another artificial means to reduce flipping when flipping isn’t what’s driving prices up. The player who bought it from you for 130g could have competed with you to acquire it in the first place for 100g. Nothing prevented him other than either his own indifference or impatience which is what a flipper capitalizes on. At the end of the day one player gets an item they wanted, the flipper got 10.5 gold, the player who sold it for 100g got 85g after fees and the TP removes 34.5 gold from the game.

In feudal Japan, merchants were considered the lowest class because they were considered parasites on the rest of society and I feel that’s what a lot of players believe the same about those who play the TP. But they are necessary in keeping the economy flowing.

Get one thing straight, Flippers are not merchants, they are commodities traders. They neither create product, nor relocate it from an area of high supply to one of low supply. The only services they really provide are in short term price stabilization and deflation (through removal of gold from the economy). Both of which are nearly undone by the short term profit generation they so desperately crave and the shear number of flippers.

At the least Anet should flip the margin system so 10% is paid up front and 5% on the sale. Having more skin in the game would reduce the rampant speculation and encourage listing at prices that are more likely to sell. It would be very interesting to see real usage numbers for commodities vs speculation/investment. I.E. how many times does the same stack of iron ore get traded before someone actually uses it to craft something?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Just allow all current legendary skins to be purchased on the BL for say $20 and leave it at that. Those who want to waste their money on them for a skin.. so be it.. those who have too much time on their hands to grind for it.. so be it.

Everyone is happy

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I would like to ask for a dev statement about the item prices up on TP.
A legendary is 2000+ gold, okay… We can make it.
BUT
Any BL RNG skin has a price of 200+ g (the Anachrophobia was ~60g few days ago, sure sure no manipulation)
So question is, what you devs think about these prices?
Can the aimed CASUAL players get it within acceptable time standards?
No? So the unique character creation that the game is offically about on level80 is ruined because of these prices? Why TP has no top price limits to stay values touchable for the most of the players – not just those who grind/farm/exploit/hack the game?

(For me, its reachable, but I’m far more than a casual except I will never farm hard for anything – because it would been against my views.)

And why BL Scraps aren’t a sure drop at least of One on a single BL chest use?

P.s.: I’m asking these things sober and calm, just curious about the statement.

Dude, ghastly grinning shield went from 400g to 1100g in a day…
The exotic set 1 minis went from 100g to 220-260g in a day and stayed there for quite some time…
Fused skins…zodiac skins..

I mean, it’s called ‘’buy low, sell high’’
or
‘’buyout everything, then make your own price’’

it has nothing to do with supply or demand…rich will get richer and the poor will stay poor

I know a guy who has an overall account worth of 120.000+ gold…. yes, that’s a lot of legendaries isn’kitten none of it exploited and all gained through ‘’playing the trading post’’

Are you Shpongled?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

^ It have everything to do with supply and demand.

Some people were expecting grinning shield to come back again this Hallowean, which it didn’t. So some people either snatch it for 400 gold or some seller take their sell down.

The exotic mini price go up or down depend on weather Anet introduce new source of mini which can be mystic forge for exotic mini. When Anet introduce the supply, the price went down. When Anet cut it down. It went back up. The price went up in 1 day because Anet “fix” or stopped their supply.

You can’t expect people not to invest(or manipulate whatever you call it) when they expect item price to go up. That’s the basis of capitalism. That’s why communism failed even though it supposely to work great on paper. They failed to account for human natural. Being selfish is part of evolution and how species survive.

The only way to stop it is if Anet supposely did some regulation to hinder flipping, like some other people suggested.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Sad aint it… they took the idea for their previous game and put it in dull content. Now its a fashion show where you only become cool by being bored for hundreds of hours. How people get through it without a bottle of Vicodin I’ll never know.

That was my point.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

^ It have everything to do with supply and demand.

Some people were expecting grinning shield to come back again this Hallowean, which it didn’t. So some people either snatch it for 400 gold or some seller take their sell down.

The exotic mini price go up or down depend on weather Anet introduce new source of mini which can be mystic forge for exotic mini. When Anet introduce the supply, the price went down. When Anet cut it down. It went back up. The price went up in 1 day because Anet “fix” or stopped their supply.

You can’t expect people not to invest(or manipulate whatever you call it) when they expect item price to go up. That’s the basis of capitalism. That’s why communism failed even though it supposely to work great on paper. They failed to account for human natural. Being selfish is part of evolution and how species survive.

The only way to stop it is if Anet supposely did some regulation to hinder flipping, like some other people suggested.

Lol. You would go well in a capitalistic tyranny.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain