Legendary Twilight - 9500g on TP

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I’m just curious, how did some of these people come by such a huge amount of ingame gold? I managed to make a few 100 gold by playing the trade post when I had time to do so. This required a lot of effort and time on my part.

By normal play or playing tp like I did, I’d guess that some one could have gotten upto 2k gold by now. I’ve missed a few opportunities aswell, but most of those great opportunities were risky at the time and were only great opportunities in hindsight.

So I’m wondering, how could you get to 9.5k gold or even higher than 2-3k by normal play or even by playing the trading post? I could only see this happen if they either found a loophole in the tp economy, abused a glitch or botted

Or bought gold from goldsellers.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

Feels rather unfair. Felt the same in GW1, play by the rules : be the little kitten in the economy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Feels rather unfair. Felt the same in GW1, play by the rules : be the little kitten in the economy.

Well, I know about 15 people who bought the gold from goldseller to buy the precursor, and also to take advantage of wintersday’s Bell Choir and stuff.

The Black Market exists, some people just act blind towards it.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Seeing Legendaries on the TP has removed any incentive I had to craft a Legendary. They’re pointless now, because they can just be bought with gold (or real money!).

Now when I see a person with a Legendary, I don’t know if they actually earned it, or just bought it. So, to me, having a Legendary is a waste of time and money. There’s no proof that “I earned this” at all.

Such a waste. I feel bad for the people who actually worked their butts off so they could have a prestigious Legendary. Their accomplishment has been cheapened.

My suggestion to ArenaNet:

1) Make all legendaries soulbound upon being created.

2) Get rid of the gems-to-gold conversion on the TP. It’s just not right that people with disposable income can just buy anything with real money, and take away the pride of accomplishment that everyone else would have had in acquiring rare skins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

All I see is….

“Boo hoo. Poor me.”

……over and over and over again.

What does it matter to you if someone can buy their Legendary from the TP? Does it matter to you because you chose to EQUIP yours instead of selling it and now you see how much money you could have made? Is it because you truly believe that it’s MORE “legendary” to have crafted this item than having bought it?

Who should be rewarded for crafting a Legendary….the owner or the crafter? Either way, the CRAFTER is being rewarded….either through being able to “show it off” or by receiving a great deal of money for it.

For those that will argue and quote a blog post by Arenanet, it makes NO DIFFERENCE who OWNS the Legendary. The person that crafted it HAD to accomplish a great many things in the game in order to acquire the pieces to craft it. Those crafters that chose to SELL theirs instead of equipping them CHOSE to allow someone else to have their “pretty shinies” shown off by another player in exchange for money. Good for them. That was THEIR choice!!!!!

ArenaNet has said a great many things. Some of them have been taken as misrepresentations. Some have been misunderstood. Some have shown they may take a different view of an original opinion.

ONE stands out to me though. ArenaNet has said from the beginning that they wanted the players to be able to play the way they want.

If one player chooses to make money to BUY a Legendary, rather than craft it….that’s their choice.

If one player chooses to craft a Legendary to EQUIP it…..that’s their choice.

If one player chooses to craft a Legendary to SELL it…..that’s their choice.

Who are we (you) to tell other players how to play a game that we (you) did not create. THAT is the job of ArenaNet.

Stop telling ArenaNet how to do their job and you do yours. Your job is to play the game. If you REALLY don’t like the way they do their job, stop playing the game.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

All I see is….

“Boo hoo. Poor me.”

What does it matter to you if someone can buy their Legendary from the TP? Does it matter to you because you chose to EQUIP yours instead of selling it and now you see how much money you could have made? Is it because you truly believe that it’s MORE “legendary” to have crafted this item than having bought it?

Who should be rewarded for crafting a Legendary….the owner or the crafter? Either way, the CRAFTER is being rewarded….either through being able to “show it off” or by receiving a great deal of money for it.

For those that will argue and quote a blog post by Arenanet, it makes NO DIFFERENCE who OWNS the Legendary. The person that crafted it HAD to accomplish a great many things in the game in order to acquire the pieces to craft it. Those crafters that chose to SELL theirs instead of equipping them CHOSE to allow someone else to have their “pretty shinies” shown off by another player in exchange for money. Good for them. That was THEIR choice!!!!!

ArenaNet has said a great many things. Some of them have been taken as misrepresentations. Some have been misunderstood. Some have shown they may take a different view of an original opinion.

ONE stands out to me though. ArenaNet has said from the beginning that they wanted the players to be able to play the way they want.

If one player chooses to make money to BUY a Legendary, rather than craft it….that’s their choice.

Who are we (you) to tell other players how to play a game that we (you) did not create. THAT is the job of ArenaNet.

Stop telling ArenaNet how to do their job and you do yours. Your job is to play the game. If you REALLY don’t like the way they do their job, stop playing the game.

I have no problem with people selling a legendary, because it doesn’t even make sense. What would u even do with that amount of money? I have a problem with the fact that some people seem to have that much money to spare while most of the player base has to save a lot to get a precursor and for some more casual or not tp-playing people it’s even something seemingly impossible.

So my problem is that the gw2 economy is rather crooked and out of balance due to either people who profited of glitches/bugs or used the ‘black market’ to gain an advantage. This is rather disheartening and dissapointing.

And tbh, I could only imagine people selling Twilight for the sake of gold-selling. Or am I wrong here?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

Seeing Legendaries on the TP has removed any incentive I had to craft a Legendary. They’re pointless now, because they can just be bought with gold (or real money!).

Now when I see a person with a Legendary, I don’t know if they actually earned it, or just bought it. So, to me, having a Legendary is a waste of time and money. There’s no proof that “I earned this” at all.

Such a waste. I feel bad for the people who actually worked their butts off so they could have a prestigious Legendary. Their accomplishment has been cheapened.

Oh please.

1. Who cares whether they earned it or bought it? Does it change your game in the slightest? Does it matter if they bought all the parts they could buy? Is buying the precursor cheapening the accomplishment too? How is any of that any different from just buying the whole thing?

I’d like to know exactly how much of a legendary can be bought in your eyes before the player officially doesn’t deserve to have it.

2. YOU will know. The only thing that matters is that you are happy with whatever method you employed to get what you wanted. Don’t worry too much about what other people do or think and you will be less likely to freak out about things like this.

Personally, I would be more impressed with someone who had 9500 gold than someone who did what tons of other people have done. Seems like anyone can farm enough to make a legendary eventually. I can’t imagine how much effort I would have to put into this game to get 9500 gold……or how hard I’d have to work in life to have enough money to buy that much gold for a digital weapon without feeling embarrassed about it.

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

The thing that bugs me the most, is that when Legendaries were first introduced in a TwitchTV broadcast, everybody was excited for these cool visual effects, but comforted by the fact that equipping one of these rare weapons shows a certain amount of dedication and mastery of several aspects of the game. It wasn’t just something which you could buy… because you had to show, without a doubt, that you had mastered gameplay in certain ways. You weren’t just some skill-less monkey pressing buttons.

Powertrading is one area of skill. I’ll give you that. But everybody who is wielding a legendary weapon is supposed to have mastered more than one area of the game, but you can certainly now master just one area and call it a day. I don’t call Arenanet any sort of a “pay to win” company, but I really truly think this design decision is based on something other than the Fun Question.

This is what I believe as well. I’m a power trader myself and can easily afford to just trade my way to a legendary at these prices. But I really don’t want to see them reduced to just another skin.

A legendary should not be something that money alone can buy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Failth.2935

Failth.2935

When I made my Kudzu on 30th of 11 it was actually ACCOUNT bound and became soul-bound on equip. IE. not sellable and yes I am sure, because I checked it before equipping.

So are you telling me it actually was a bug? :/ That would suck.
And yes I would have sold it, because farming karma for second legendary would not be a problem for me, but farming money in this game is.

Nice try man I know a lot of people who crafted Legendary weapons in period from release till now (incluse myself) and they were always soulbound on use, always go check vides how players craft them, vides from september, october, november etc … Every single of them Soulbound on use .. so please stop making up things that YOUR Legendary was actually Acound bound because it wasnt. Give us your screenshot if you want to prove us wrong, if you didnt make it .. then hah

Why the hell I would make things up? Makes no sense.
+I never said they are not soulbound on use, I said the opposite.

If they would not have been account bound earlier why there was NONE on the TP till now? Not even buy orders – Because they were bugged. If mine wasn’t account bound I’m still 100% sure it was not sellable.

And nice try…? On what? I don’t get you.

I remember it as clear as the sky – I told my mates that ‘’guess what? You can actually sell legendaries’’ and then having to correct myself after making Kudzu because it was not sellable. Ofc I would have linked picture with my post, but only one I have is this: http://imgur.com/a/iK4kp#0 and it does not even have mouse hovered over the bow not to mention right clicking it.

Account bound or not, my main point is it sure was not sellable item

‘’Nice try’’ was aimed to your comment that Legendaries were before actually acount bound. Because they were always tradeable. You could MAIL your Legendary to anyone from release, so that means they were always sellable/tradeable, and only because TP was bugged doesnt mean they were account bound

So once again, legendaries werent bugged, but TP was. You could send them via mail to anyone from release.

So it was obvious this TP bugg is going to be fixed

So just TP was bugged then, I see. Well thanx for clarifying it to me, you could have just said it in the first place

Ranger till the day I die!
Desolation [TLA]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

My suggestion to ArenaNet:

1) Make all legendaries soulbound upon being created.

2) Get rid of the gems-to-gold conversion on the TP. It’s just not right that people with disposable income can just buy anything with real money, and take away the pride of accomplishment that everyone else would have had in acquiring rare skins.

So, if someone works a full-time job and doesn’t have the time to grind and grind for hours on end, they shouldn’t be able to convert gems to gold if they so desire? Let me clear something up for you here…not everyone has the time that you apparently do, and for alot of people, time is a more valuable resource than money. You somehow believe that sitting in front of your computer grinding for hours on end means you earned it, while the guy that bought the gold spent hours and hours hard at work, but he didn’t earn it? Stop being so selfish.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

All I see is….

“Boo hoo. Poor me.”

I have no problem with people selling a legendary, because it doesn’t even make sense. What would u even do with that amount of money? I have a problem with the fact that some people seem to have that much money to spare while most of the player base has to save a lot to get a precursor and for some more casual or not tp-playing people it’s even something seemingly impossible.

So my problem is that the gw2 economy is rather crooked and out of balance due to either people who profited of glitches/bugs or used the ‘black market’ to gain an advantage. This is rather disheartening and dissapointing.

And tbh, I could only imagine people selling Twilight for the sake of gold-selling. Or am I wrong here?

So, you have a problem with successful people who earn a good living spending their money the way they want. Interesting.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AmagicalFishy.6935

AmagicalFishy.6935

… ?

No, he has a problem with a person’s IRL income directly affecting their status in an in-game world. He has a problem with people having more immediate access to the aspects of a game he bought—not because of anything they did in game, but because they shelled out a bunch of cash. He has a problem with ANet advocating the dissolving of a separation between an in-game world and IRL economic differences.

I can go on and on, but I’m sure you get the point. It’s silly that people can just throw out a bunch of cash and get whatever they want. I’d be glad to explain more if you genuinely don’t understand the idea behind wanting to buy a game—and have equal access to that game that everyone else has, regardless of whether or not your personal income is more or less.

I am a great, big monster and I will eat your whole family.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kacigarka.5176

Kacigarka.5176

… ?

No, he has a problem with a person’s IRL income directly affecting their status in an in-game world. He has a problem with people having more immediate access to the aspects of a game he bought—not because of anything they did in game, but because they shelled out a bunch of cash. He has a problem with ANet advocating the dissolving of a separation between an in-game world and IRL economic differences.

I can go on and on, but I’m sure you get the point. It’s silly that people can just throw out a bunch of cash and get whatever they want. I’d be glad to explain more if you genuinely don’t understand the idea behind wanting to buy a game—and have equal access to that game that everyone else has, regardless of whether or not your personal income is more or less.

Man this is not Arenanet fault, this happens in every mmorpg. I remeber days when I gave my friend about 100 euros so he can send me gold for epic flyeing mount in world of warcraft.

With IRL money you can buy everything. Even in mmorpg games. Even if there was no gem to gold exchange, players will always trade irl money for golds. Anyways you dont need to be a billionaire to do that I guess you must HATE Diablo 3 for instance.

in Black Lion Trading Co

AmagicalFishy.6935

I hate Diablo III because it’s a trash game—a statement that is widely agreed upon. Also, Blizzard’s money-to-gold system is far more in-depth and accessible (and similarly makes for a far worse game, where the ratio of people playing-the-game and and people focusing-on-the-auction house is very different, and Blizzard has to constantly add more equipment just to keep people running on the endless upgrade treadmill). Everything in that game is geared towards maximizing the usage of the “real money auction house”, including the drop-rates of items. Yes, items currently on the AH affect the drop-rates of said item. If more are on the AH, less drop. Diablo III is a kittenty game, and that is in large part due to the merging of IRL cash and in-game money.

The fact that you sought out a 3rd party to buy gold from is very, very different than Blizzard officially setting up an in-game means to buy gold from them. You’re just a player who’s bad for the game’s economy. Just because you, and some players like you decide to do scandalous things does not mean said actions should be officially promoted.

The fact that players will always trade IRL money for in-game currency is no justification for a developer to set up a system like gem-for-gold, nor does pointing that out address any of the reasons why people dislike the idea of someone progressing further in the game just because they spend more.

So, yes, the gem-to-gold system is ANet’s fault because ANet developed, implemented, and advocated it.

(edited by AmagicalFishy.6935)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kacigarka.5176

For the mmorpg that is free to play, you dont have to pay any monthly fee, gems to gold is not anything special here.

Developers want money at the end of the day and I think they know better than you if they are making more money from vanity items or from players trading gems into gold. They are company after all, they do what they give them the biggest profit.

I dont really think Areanet need to justify anything to me, to you, to anyone. They are the company, they created this game. You dont like it? Dont play it.

(edited by Kacigarka.5176)

in Black Lion Trading Co

AmagicalFishy.6935

How old are you? Or, rather… when did you start playing video games?

These are not patronizing questions—but you seem to either have forgotten, or never experienced the many online games (with content & item updates and bug fixes) that had neither a subscription price or micro-transactions. Micro-transactions were a thing popularized by games that were completely free to download and play (that is, there was no box price).

Similarly, the “You don’t like it? Don’t play it” mentality is… silly. First, I think GW2 is an amazing game—even down to their cash-shop. I have far less complaints about the game mechanics than the majority of my other friends do. The thing that irks me is the gem-to-gold, because the in-game economy is a huge factor in how the game runs, how people perceive it, and how people progress, and direct-cash to in-game currency transactions, over time, tend to drastically lessen the quality of a game.

Telling me, “if you don’t like it, don’t play” is a useless statement that gives no information, isn’t relevant, and is more indicative of you not having much of a point than anything else. As players, ANet should very much justify their decisions. This idea of, “Oh, no one doing anything has to discuss what they’re doing!” Is a big part of the paradigm shift that serves as a detriment to games in general.

(edited by AmagicalFishy.6935)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

I saw a twilight for 4000, it stayed for a few days.

With the current exchange rate, that’s 500$ worth of gems.

Arenanet found a new cash cow, put up legendaries on the TP for rich people to buy gems.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kacigarka.5176

How old are you? Or, rather… when did you start playing video games?

These are not patronizing questions—but you seem to either have forgotten, or never experienced the many online games (with content & item updates and bug fixes) that had neither a subscription price or micro-transactions. Micro-transactions were a thing popularized by games that were completely free to download and play (that is, there was no box price).

Similarly, the “You don’t like it? Don’t play it” mentality is… silly. First, I think GW2 is an amazing game—even down to their cash-shop. I have far less complaints about the game mechanics than the majority of my other friends do. The thing that irks me is the gem-to-gold, because the in-game economy is a huge factor in how the game runs, how people perceive it, and how people progress, and direct-cash to in-game currency transactions, over time, tend to drastically lessen the quality of a game.

Telling me, “if you don’t like it, don’t play” is a useless statement that gives no information, isn’t relevant, and is more indicative of you not having much of a point than anything else. As players, ANet should very much justify their decisions. This idea of, “Oh, no one doing anything has to discuss what they’re doing!” Is a big part of the paradigm shift that serves as a detriment to games in general.

I am 22 and I start playing mmorpgs at 2004. I have max level characters in almost every mmorpg released since then. Wow, rift, aoc, vanguard, tera, aion, lotro, warhammer online, swtor, etc … + also played dota 1-2, LoL, Hon, CoD, bf, etc.

Anyways, in GW 2 after you reach some amount of gold, get your gear and weapons, you have nothing to spend golds on. You can have 1000000 gold in bank, but if you have full exotic gear, ascended back, rings it wont give you anything. Ofcourse you can buy 100 tier 3 sets, 10 legendaries. But you will still be the same powerful like you were when you had 100 gold.

And you seems to forgor that skins are only skins, I dont remeber anyone complaining when I had about 150 skins in League of Legends for instance.

And no, I still dont think they need to justify anything about gem store, thats their source of income and they are charity. They didnt create this game to give us free fun, they created this game so they can make profit from it.

Maybe this is not completly free to play game, but they have no monthly fee either so its natural there will be some other way they make money from (gem store in this case) and we should be realistic, they surely do A LOT of money from the gem>gold exchange + its kinda way how to fight against gold sellers

If you dont want to have gems to gold exchange, then there shouldnt be any golds to gem exchange either

(edited by Kacigarka.5176)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ald.9418

Ald.9418

They’ve always been nothing more than having gold to buy the items required. That’s the problem with the current system.

Gold should be taken completely out of any quest chain to acquiring a legendary and instead be made more achievement oriented.

This is coming from someone that just finished his shortbow completely legit with countless hours of farming. It’s not special or legendary.

(edited by Ald.9418)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kacigarka.5176

They’ve always been nothing more than having gold to buy the items required. That’s the problem with the current system.

Gold should be taken completely out of any quest chain to acquiring a legendary and instead be made more achievement oriented.

This is coming from someone that just finished his shortbow completely legit with countless hours of farming. It’s not special or legendary.

I finished the Legendary, The juggernaut month ago and now I am working towards second one and It was huge acomplishement for me. It was blast when I crafted it and I enjoyed the process.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Out of curiosity, what does the person who sells the legendary for 9000g do with the gold? No one can see it… Can’t sit on it like a big pile of gold coins or bullion…

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

They make more legendaries or, very likely, use it to sell to people for rl cash. In GW2 you’re the farmer for the gold seller.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lord.6497

Lord.6497

Remember that the Legendary-related achievement involves equipping the item, not just getting it. I think that encourages players to equip, therefore keeping a lot of Legendaries out of the marketplace. Just my perception, but something I wanted to share.

Gaile: The legendary achievement is busted. I crafted my twilight over a month ago. A guildie crafted his predator recently as well. Both of us have not unlocked the achievement. In fact there is an entire thread about how the achievement is bugged. I also submitted a few bug reports awhile back.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

It’s smells like a mock support answer if you ask me. I thought its common knowledge from launch you can sell these , there’s no problem with it

Agreed the TP even shows a legendary tab under rarity, this has been there since launch.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Anarion.3678

Anarion.3678

I don’t care about all this stuff about “legendary is now pointless since it does not demonstrate the amount of time and work a person has put into getting it” – because almost everything needed for legendary you can buy on TP ANYWAY – ecto, precursor, lodestones, t6 materials, which leaves only 500 badges, gift of exploration and dungeon tokens as a challenge.

What I don’t like – is that now there is ANOTHER market, manipulated only by a couple of people like a market for Dusks and Dawns. They continue to be a monopoly and dictate(which 99% of a time means putting the price up) the prices for it, leaving us, normal gamers, who want to craft legendary, with the only choices:
Leave the game
Play TP
Buy gold from gold sellers
Buy gold from Arena if you’re rich enough

because you cannot accumulate the needed amount from the normal gaming.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kanthor.2094

Kanthor.2094

If only sellers dictate prices, explain why precursors are not thousands of gold or more.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

If only sellers dictate prices, explain why precursors are not thousands of gold or more.

buyers effect prices, however its a top heavy game only accessible to the extremely rich. Precursors prices are targeted only toward people who either, have a tremendous amount of time and miserlyness, not to spend on anything else, a tremendous amount of real life money to burn on a game item (via either cash shop or gold sellers) or a tremedous amount of money earned from the game, (most likely via TP, which is the best way to get rich, unless you are very lucky)

problem is this is not the average player, as long as precursors are marketed only towards the rich, most players will have no access to these long term goals, which are the sole goal of the game at 80, as it stands.

Being that it is the sole goal, it needs to seem attainable, and not lottery like, or not constantly going up in relation to the amount of money the extremely rich have at their disposal.

the only thing the controlled the price of legendaries was the fear that at any moment anet would fix the precursor problem, or release more precursors. Now that tix event has passed, and people are fairly certain they wont do anything with precursors for the next two months, you really see the market showing what they will do uncorrected.

The game is really friendly early on, but when it comes to long term goals and content, it is currently about gold wars, which im sure TP people love, but truth is that is not the average player.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kanthor.2094

Kanthor.2094

Well the rarity of precursors is ANet’s problem, but so many players want to blame traders instead. As if keeping the sale price lower means they’ll get one…wrong. They would be bought out by the players who need them and can afford them, and then there would be zero on the TP. So a few of the richer players would have their precursor, and the casual players who are complaining now would still continue to complain.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Showing off a legendary used to be something to bragg about, but now it’s just the rich getting richer, and shoving it in your face even more. That Twilight would have cost the same amount as it’s precursor in gold for listing fees alone.

We know Legendaries aren’t mandatory, but ArenaNet please do something about the way people craft them, if for no other reason than to stem the ridiculous prices on the TP.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”