Lodestone prices [Merged]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

Really? Because it sure looks like it’s at 3g50s not 6g…

Someone bought out every stone up to 6g. I’m not sure if they re-listed, or if a bunch of people saw it and tried to flood the market, but unless the TP bugged out then for a few minutes every lodestone below 6g was bought out.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

I wont be surprised if they go 6g each…since the droprates are kittening low and demand is rising…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

actually lodestones and cores do drops in fractals but the droprate is very low

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Adenos.3018

Adenos.3018

Fractals actually dropped the price of lodestones, and cores when it was first implemented, because everyone was running fractals the first two weeks. Onyx cores and lodestones drop in the swamp and jade maw fractals. Charged cores and lodestones drop in the harpy fractal. People are running fractals a lot less now.

The charged lodestone and corrupted lodestone farm spots in the world also got destroyed in the wintersday patch, so Anet probably likes these high prices that only the super rich would buy at.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

1g lodestones = i can buy 1 everyday
2g lodestones = i can buy 1 every 2 days

= i need more time to get what i want
= yeeeee a lot of endgame !1!!1!!!1!

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

That’s not manipulation. That’s the market price finally gravitating towards a faintly accurate reflection of the difficulty of getting them.

I am out farming these a couple hourse (like 5-7) a week, and have 4 to show for it. I said a couple days ago that as a harvester doing the actual work of putting these into the system, I thought their true value is more like 6-8 gold apiece.

Looks like someone was listening.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Daendur.2357

maybe a very rich player wrote 1 more number in the quantity to buy by mistake (i need 20 and wrote 209).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

seems like its easier for me to get lodestones crafting clovers :O (I don’t need them, I just happen to get ~3 after crafting 34 clovers).

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Daendur.2357

1g lodestones = i can buy 1 everyday
2g lodestones = i can buy 1 every 2 days

= i need more time to get what i want
= yeeeee a lot of endgame !1!!1!!!1!

Welfare epics and pandas thataway ->>>

i know … but it looks like that’s the way we are taking, sadly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nike.2631

I wont be surprised if they go 6g each…since the droprates are kittening low and demand is rising…

The person buying them for 6g isn’t going to sell them for less than 8g.

I think the price needs to go up and go up SHARPLY before ANet will finally step in and change the drop rates or introduce alterantive means of acquisition. Swear to all that is good and holy, if the Devs would let me use gems to buy packs of random Cores (to upgrade to lodestones at my own cost), I’d be handing ANet money hand over fist.

So in a sad way, I’m glad this is happening.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Groovy.6749

Groovy.6749

100% cosmetic. Skin is amazing hence challenging to get. Nothing more to it than that.
You’re never going to get locked out of a dungeon because you weren’t trendy enough.

“Challenging” to get?

Also, aesthetics is subjective… they are not “amazing” to everyone. Very dangerous hanging “end game” on the look of a weapon.

While you might be correct in pointing that hanging end game on the looks of gear can be a dangerous decision… it is the one that ANet made

Also I might have phrased it best when saying “challenging”, let’s just put it as “difficult”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Charged Lodestones are now about the value that they are worth, because they are VERY difficult to farm. You also only need them in large quantities in specific endgame content that shouldn’t be available to everyone three months in.

I understand it is frustrating, but this doesn’t seem to be a flaw in game design to me. Rather than complain about prices, why not go out and farm and actually profit from it?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Seems like my mjolnir has to wait…for a possibly looong time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nike.2631

Seems like my mjolnir has to wait…for a possibly looong time.

If you think you’re gonna buy your way to one… Put that cat out of your mind.

You’re welcome to come out and smash sparks with the rest of the harvesters though . In about a year and a half of daily multi-hour grinding, you migth even have your 340th…

Come on ANet: Gems for random Cores. Take your money (without the never ending coin devaluation) and call it GOOD.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

I would just wait a few weeks and farm gold. It will soon be up on the TP for sale so you dont even have to grind for it if you dont want to. I expect to see every legendary for sale for about 1200 gold as bifrost now is.

They have made the mistake that these are mandatory because they will always be BIS and no matter how many expansion and gear changes Anet will always increase Legendaries to be the best in slot so future proofing the grind. It is far beyond aesthetics at this point. It is a very clear advantage in gear to have them.

And once again the rich and exploiters have the advantage over casual gamers.
As sad as this is I spend the majority of my time playing the TP trying to make money cause I cant do it in game or open world. That is kitten and stupid that I must spend hours and hours a day playing the market to survive. I want to have fun kill things and stuff but I dont get any rewards and have to play the TP.
THIS IS NOT FUN
They really need the clear out their process cause this game is in bad shape.

(edited by Narkosys.5173)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I would just wait a few weeks and farm gold. It will soon be up on the TP for sale so you dont even have to grind for it if you dont want to. I expect to see every legendary for sale for about 1200 gold as bifrost now is.

They have made the mistake that these are mandatory because they will always be BIS and no matter how many expansion and gear changes Anet will always increase Legendaries to be the best in slot so future proofing the grind. It is far beyond aesthetics at this point. It is a very clear advantage in gear to have them.

And once again the rich and exploiters have the advantage over casual gamers.
As sad as this is I spend the majority of my time playing the TP trying to make money cause I cant do it in game or open world. That is kitten and stupid that I must spend hours and hours a day playing the market to survive. I want to have fun kill things and stuff but I dont get any rewards and have to play the TP.
THIS IS NOT FUN
They really need the clear out their process cause this game is in bad shape.

just a question, what’s BIS?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Best in slot: the best gear that can be equipped in a given slot

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanko.8103

Wanko.8103

2 Charged Lodestones an hour

It’s 0.66 lodestone per hour.

These mindless husks, who call Infinite Light a “legendary”, are not even funny. I wish they’d stopped posting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sceinna.3561

Sceinna.3561

I can’t believe some people say 3.5G is what these Lodestones are worth, surely they are difficult to farm, but do you realise a stack of 100 is actually worth more than the precursor? Hasn’t anyone noticed that this part of the market is being controlled by a person/guild? All items get “bought up” and relisted almost on a daily basis, to keep them floating around 3.5G+, all cheaper lodestones get bought out and re-listed later on. I personally refuse to buy any lodestone ABOVE 2g, because this is not where the price is supposed to be at. I’m not going to pay 3x more for my legendary than someone else has, I would rather face the horrendous grind rather than making someone else that is manipulating the market rich. There was never a problem with the lodestones, up until the Karkas event, even with the flairly low droprate, Lodestones were sitting at ~50s each at that time without a problem, I feel this is where they belong to be at as well, 50s to 1g, not 3G and above.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jonas.9716

Jonas.9716

I’d like to point out that the charged lodestones are used in a few other things. Mjolnir, for instance, requires the Gift of Lightning (250 lodestones) + 100 extra lodestones. The Foefire’s ____ weapons, Eidolon, and Aether, also require the Gift of Light.

Edit: Not saying that this is a reason why they’re so expensive, I’m saying that the lodestone prices are annoying more than those after legendaries.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

Theh best part is glacial lodestones and cores are absolutely worthless, yet they still haven’t given them a use. Just compare their price to the other lodestones.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Once you look at the gem store model you will see its profit potential and understand why Guild Wars 2 contains probably the most rediculous grinds in MMO history.

I couldn’t care less if there are Guild Wars 2 millionaires because to me these people own nothing of value. The true value to me is the social gaming experience and when that disappears so will I.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avan.1540

Avan.1540

Actually corrupted lodestones fell significantly in price since the patch w/ nerf and I have no idea why…

20+ Charracters – Charr only player – NA Kaineng
Give Charr armor some more love!
Let us show our spots, stripes, or lack-there-of in style.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ummeiko.5318

Ummeiko.5318

Regardless of the reason you’re going after the lodestone (legendary, mjolnir, runes of whatever the lodestone make), I’m in the camp of “something’s not right here”.

A low droprate would be acceptable if you didn’t need so many of them. But for the recipes, you need 100, 250, 350. At current rates, we’re talking 500-600 hours, for just the lodestone part. It’s one thing to have a grind, grinds are part of MMOs to one extent or another. And yeah, some items require more time than others.

But there is a fine line, and we’re getting there. People get frustrated, burnt out if they feel they don’t feel like they have a chance. A carrot is one thing. Putting the carrot so far out of reach is another.

Is this really intended, and it is really good for the game?

Marumari – Asura Warrior
Ummei – Asura Ele

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: An Oak Knob.1275

An Oak Knob.1275

2 Charged Lodestones an hour

It’s 0.66 lodestone per hour.

These mindless husks, who call Infinite Light a “legendary”, are not even funny. I wish they’d stopped posting.

I completely agree, those noobs need to dahmn look up what a legendary IS and how MASSIVE the difference is bettween requiered mats for a legendary like bolt and a UNIQUE EXOTIC like infinite light.

When you do the math, infinite light requierd mats (especially the 250 CHARGED lodestones) is waaaaaaaaaaasy over prize compared to other unique exotics and even precursors, that is why the charged lodestone prizes and drop rates and RELIABLE farmimg areas are completely outrageous! and you pansys saying that its fine, well your ignorance is so bloody obvious that its provokeable! you know nothing of the terrible state that the current tp and mats prizes and drop rates are in.

(edited by An Oak Knob.1275)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

I do not even know where to begin farming for Onyx Lodestones. I tried farming Earth Elementals in EB, but after an hour I gave up. I ran TA like 6 times, but I got nothing to show for it so I gave up on that as well.

You can get cores and lodestones in Fractals (which is why they took a significant drop back when FotM was released), but ever since then they have been on the rise again.

It just frustrating to watch these things climb ridiculously high and not being able to keep up, and its even more annoying that some legendaries do not even need lodestones.

They need to change the drop rate or at the very least make something else in order to obtain them. i.e. You are guaranteed a core/lodestone at the end of a dungeon.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: niwaar.5631

niwaar.5631

I’m really sad that they merged this post and we still don’t have something from a dev or mod that at least says they are reading our concerns.

That being said, the simple fact that making money in the game is a tedious task and that lodestone prices are so completely out of whack. In GW1 certain things were extremely expensive, but those things were in fact “farmable” if you wished to go out and do a challenge mission or dungeon or whatever.

Now in GW2 I am making a handful of gold a day. At the average rate of income for those players that can put significant time into the game a ~3g lodestone price is going to take roughly 100 days to obtain just the lodestones for a legendary (let alone any of the other rarely 250 lodestone recipes). Toss in the added costs of everything else a legendary takes and you are looking at well over a year to make a Twilight or Sunrise at an average per day income.

Something has to be done.

@Diviner Yes you can obtain cores and lodestones from Fractals but not at a decent rate. My group completes about 2 fractals a day and we are lucky to see a single core a week. Let alone that core be something useful (the hell with crystal cores). As for Dungeon farming Cores, well you can run TA 6 times and get zero and then a single run could garner you 5. The problem is that it was focusable and it felt better (even if it sucked).

If they are not going to change the drop rate significantly (inside and outside instanced areas) then we are going to end up having more and more issues as population shifts. There 100% needs to be a place where we can earn these. As I said before there were places we could go to “farm” in GW1, these are not there in practice in GW2.

In short, please place lodestones available for purchase for dungeon tokens, fractals relics or some other means. 100 cores costing more than I can earn in 3 months is ridiculous.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kain Nosgoth.4218

Kain Nosgoth.4218

How about Anet adds some god kitten earth elementals that we can “farm” (what with all the bullkitten (and bugged) DR)) that don’t require some 2h, 20 man even+subsequent defends of the area to spawn? I think Onyx lodestones (maybe charged as well) are the only ones you can’t farm somewhere in the world (only after events that never get done on low pop. servers).

Also how about removing DR since they said they are not against farming, just bots. Want to stop botting without supervision cuz you just cba, but you can’t differentiate between normal players? Sure you can. Just remove the DR variable on any account that has Dungeon Master or 1+ characters with 100% world completion or 3000+ achievement pts.

7 TA runs and one Onyx Core with 130% mf while warriors in greens get 1-3/run just because they play only 3-4h/day and only one character? Why? (well actually we know why, they admitted to bugged DR).

Just beacuase. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2Z23SAFVA
AFL – Away From Life. // I admit to being a bad person.
Character specific key binds…yesterday if possible. Thank you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Seriously if Anet doesn’t do anything about it, this game is gonna have a bad time.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

Legendary items will take time. Not meant to be had in a matter of weeks.

I do believe that’s the answer to the question. Honestly I’m surprised to have seen as many legendaries as I have. Yes, the system is working as intended because through normal game-play it could take a year+ to achieve a legendary. I think of it as a built in customer loyalty incentive… Just one man’s opinion

Precursors are inflating faster than I, as a normal person playing the game in the intended, paced manner, can gain cash.

Further, the DR applies to world events and dungeons, so my chance of receiving a precursor the normal way is reduced considerably from people who played 2 months ago.

Finally, charged lodestones are used in virtually every weapon with a decent skin, not just legendaries, and they are also inflating faster than normal people can earn gold.

To me it sends a clear message “stop playing after 80, don’t log on again”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

Ran TA twice today again and that is probably the last time I do that (this being my 10th run with no cores). I got nothing besides one yellow. Not a single core or lodestone. 3 hours wasted. The only person to get onyx in my group got 2 cores, but he already had twilight (go figure).

So no more Twlight Arbor for me.

@niwaar I think they stealth nerfed Fractal droprates or something. When the dungeon first came out I was get cores/lodestones like no tomorrow. Yet recently, I have yet to see 1 core/lodestone. It is very discouraging.

I hate to whine or complain about something, but to me it feels like something needs to be a changed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: WarMacheen.7124

WarMacheen.7124

Apparantly there is a problem regardless of what the nay sayers comment about.

The 2 lodestones per hour was a very generous calculation.

I farmed Charged Lodestones for 4 hours, got 0 drops, with almost %200 magic find

Now tell me again about how this is “feeling entitled”. Anyone who thinks the drop rates are good as they are, or that this is how the game is supposed to work, are completely out of the loop. The price for the amount of lodestones needed to forge an exotic Infinite light far exceeds the asking or selling price that I’ve ever seen on my server. That is complete BS

BTW I commented that is was 1071 a few days ago, it is now 1142 for 240, starting at 4 gold a piece. When the price of the materials to create something far outwiegh the actual price of the item, that means that there is something wrong in either the market or the supply chain.

Not to mention that you can only farm charged lodestones when you complete the event in ML in Orr…an event that is increasingly difficult to complete because everyone is doing Fractals

Also moderators, my thread was about the terrible drop rate, thanks for merging my thread into forum oblivion

(edited by WarMacheen.7124)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanko.8103

Precursors are inflating faster than I, as a normal person playing the game in the intended, paced manner, can gain cash.

People, who play the game in “paced manner” do not deserve Legendary. During development of the game Anet has clearly stated that Legendary is only for those, who want to grind heavily and dedicate a lot of time on getting this weapon.

Charged Lodestones is another issue, because it’s literally impossible to grind them and because they’re affecting those, who want to make non-Legendary weapon.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

People, who play the game in “paced manner” do not deserve Legendary. During development of the game Anet has clearly stated that Legendary is only for those, who want to grind heavily and dedicate a lot of time on getting this weapon.

Charged Lodestones is another issue, because it’s literally impossible to grind them and because they’re affecting those, who want to make non-Legendary weapon.

Red post or it’s just you fallaciously calling on nonexistent authority.

What I remember reading was that Legendaries were supposed to be the capstone of an established GW2 career.

This concept does not necessarily require you to “beat the market” or “grind quickly”.

This is supposed to be a game, a fantasy world. One would think ANet could work to mitigate the kind of social injustices (especially in this economy) that people log in to avoid.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Grazingcattle.1627

Grazingcattle.1627

I think the simple truth is that the grind of farming 2 specific lodestones (Charged, Onyx) is similar to the time it would take to farm the other lodestones assuming the sparks/ earth eles were availible 100% of the time.

Due to lower demand for the other cores and lodestones their price remains stable, while these 2 have high demand AND difficult to farm supply.

The issue alot of us have is that even if the rate of time was .66 LS/hour in dungeon tokens (I think running all 3 AC paths in about 1 hour = they would be 300 tokens per lode stone) we would feel like we have a tangible way of achieving them and wouldn’t feel like we will have to grind for who knows how long to get them.

I actually think the best way to handle this would actually be to require MORE lodestones for legendary gifts, but increase the drop rate at LEAST 3 fold. Farming sparks for 2 hours until my eyes hurt from the bright attacks they make and having no lode stones to show for it is very disheartening

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanko.8103

Red post or it’s just you fallaciously calling on nonexistent authority.

What? What is “red post”? If you’re talking about dev posts on this forum, then you should probably note that forums were cleansed and closed before game has started.

This is supposed to be a game, a fantasy world. One would think ANet could work to mitigate the kind of social injustices (especially in this economy) that people log in to avoid.

So, you’re poor in reality and you demand from Anet to make Legendary easier to get, so you could feel better about yourself. Isn’t that a bit egoistical?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

Super hardcore players probably already have theirs OR are close to getting it done…then what ?
The game is pretty much over for them. Until new content gets released and then they’ll log off again.
But for the 95% of other players who are between casual and hardcore, this will take much longer AND it was intended for us, so ignore the “crazy hardcores” who dedicated hundreds of hours to their legendary. Getting the coolest weapon in the game through sleep deprivation and/or old exploits isn’t rewarding.

“Crazy hardcore” person here, guess what I did after I got my legendary?
Started the next one.

Guess what I’ll do afterwards?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Lmao at the lie they spout in their moderation message. Supposedly my post was moved to some thread I didn’t know about. Not hard to miss this thread when it’s buried like a bad secret.

I don’t see my remark, so I’ll repost it here.

They delete every thread on this issue. It’s ridiculous.

“Perhaps 4.3g is a bit too high for charged lodestones.

Is this the price Anet wanted them at? Did they aim for this price when they decided on their drop rates and how to structure demand with their forge recipes?

It’s gotten to the point where it’s a bit silly. 430g for sunrise. Okay, it’s a legendary. But 1075g for infinite light. Last time I checked, it was just an exotic with a pretty skin.

I suggest the situation be evaluated."

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

I thought the price on charge lodestones was a bit high when they were 2.5g each, but 4.3g is just ridiculous.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nike.2631

I thought the price on charge lodestones was a bit high when they were 2.5g each, but 4.3g is just ridiculous.

Have you farmed them much? The price is still on the low side compared to the difficulty. You can blow through AC all three paths and count your 2 gold + extras in under an hour EVERY SINGLE TIME. You go out and farm Charged Lodestones you are hit and miss to get even 1 in that time. Guarantee’d gold vs. chance of rare drop – yeah, you better belive their value is a LOT more than 2g. I’m up to 9 lodestones (when I convert my cores) and I wouldn’t part with them for less than 6-8g apiece given the time it took me to get them that I could have spent doing some completely reliable coin-grinding activity.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

Would like to see the lodestone prices once they cannot be resold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

SteepledHat.1345

Just farmed one after an hour and a half of killing sparks. The path to sunrise is so legendary.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The path to sunrise is so legendary.

That means it’s working as intended. Legendary weapons are meant to be long term goals. That goal can be shortened through smart game play. And yes, trading on the TP is considered “playing the game”.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

SteepledHat.1345

I’m so sick of hearing this stuff. Turning items on the TP is not what the game is about. And it isn’t kittening legendary. If I was going to do that, I might as well trade real stock and make real cash. Then I can use that to buy the legendary with gems! /sarcasm

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Super hardcore players probably already have theirs OR are close to getting it done…then what ?
The game is pretty much over for them. Until new content gets released and then they’ll log off again.
But for the 95% of other players who are between casual and hardcore, this will take much longer AND it was intended for us, so ignore the “crazy hardcores” who dedicated hundreds of hours to their legendary. Getting the coolest weapon in the game through sleep deprivation and/or old exploits isn’t rewarding.

“Crazy hardcore” person here, guess what I did after I got my legendary?
Started the next one.

Guess what I’ll do afterwards?

salvage them and make a video on youtube?

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: The Blue Ace.2850

The Blue Ace.2850

While legendary should be hard to acquire, don’t get me wrong they should, in fact if they made them too easy I would quit the game now this second if they did after slaving my butt getting the rest of the items without playing the market.

But heres the problem, the games purpose is to make everyone feel equal, no forced healers or tanks.

However with the lodestones there is a serious unfairness.
100 molten lodestones for players who use a hammer, 75 gold.
100 charged lodestones for players who use a greatsword, 400 gold.

If your casual player and don’t believe in playing the market, (which I think itself is ruining the spirit of the game.) then your gonna have to spent so many more hours on getting gold than other players.

Its just unfair, simple as that.

And that isn’t even mentioning the fact that certain heavy bags drop lodestones, except charged lodestones!!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ath.2531

While legendary should be hard to acquire, don’t get me wrong they should, in fact if they made them too easy I would quit the game now this second if they did after slaving my butt getting the rest of the items without playing the market.

But heres the problem, the games purpose is to make everyone feel equal, no forced healers or tanks.

However with the lodestones there is a serious unfairness.
100 molten lodestones for players who use a hammer, 75 gold.
100 charged lodestones for players who use a greatsword, 400 gold.

If your casual player and don’t believe in playing the market, (which I think itself is ruining the spirit of the game.) then your gonna have to spent so many more hours on getting gold than other players.

Its just unfair, simple as that.

And that isn’t even mentioning the fact that certain heavy bags drop lodestones, except charged lodestones!!!

Power Traders will try to counter your argument with “Supply and demand” and casuals with “legendaries are supposed to be hard to get”

The worst ones of all are the power traders who have absolutely no DR in their earnings, they are controlling the precursor market and have recently started playing the legendary market.

I could go as far as saying that they are in fact indirectly helping Anet make more money by directing people to the gem store for gold but hey, you didn’t hear this from me.

Piken Square, EU

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BrotatoChipps.9158

BrotatoChipps.9158

Charged lodestones are becoming an increasingly irritating factor in creating unique exotic weaponry, namely the Foefire weapons including Aether, but also the hammer Mjolnir. With the trading post cost at approximately 4 gold at the moment, getting 100 of these lodestones for Foefire weapons is a but much. And 350 to create Mjolnir is absurd.

The low amount of these lodestones on the trading post has caused them to escalate rapidly in price, and the fact that they are difficult to obtain makes it only worse.

These unique exotics don’t give better stats or unique animations, only a different skin. Which is fine, I don’t have a problem with that. At this point I really don’t have the time to earn a legendary, so I am settling for a unique-skinned exotic weapon instead. But some of these weapons are extremely difficult to obtain; I will use Aether as an example.

Aether is a unique-skinned shortbow that requires the following materials:
- Eldritch scroll
- 100 mystic coins
- 250 ancient shortbow staves
- Gift of light:
— 250 orichalcum ingots
— 250 cured hard leather
— 100 charged lodestones
— Gift of Ascalon

So looking at these materials, most do not seem too challenging to obtain. Orichalcum and Ancient wood logs are harvestable and only require a bit of time (or a decent sum of money, 15-30g approx.) Cured hard leather is not expensive, and the gift of Ascalon takes only a few runs through the dungeon. The lodestones are what creates the issue.

The charged lodestones are what prevent many players from creating Foefire weapons or Mjolnir. The required 250 stack of the other materials in these weapons cost no more than 25g. But for a stack of 100 charged lodestones, the cost breaks 400g. In my opinion, this is just absurd. As much as I wish to create Aether, It seems unfeasible due to the cost of this one material.

I posted this in the Trading Post forums due to the material’s excessively high cost. However, changing the recipe to require less lodestones, or increasing the drop chance/amount of monsters that drop the lodestone, could effectively balance out the cost. I understand the difficulty of this based on the other lodestones. But requiring such an expensive material to create only an exotic weapon turns a lot of players away from forging it.

I see these unique exotics as the middleground between simple exotic weapons, and the glorious Legendaries. Most require realistic materials and are perfectly fine the way they are. But charged lodestones are an extremely detrimental factor in the creation of quite a few unique exotic recipes, and personally I feel something needs to be done about this crafting material.

I have seen Charged Lodestones mentioned before, but I figured opening a thread devoted to just this material could be beneficial.

Northern Shiverpeaks
- Twisted Rune [tR]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: The Blue Ace.2850

The Blue Ace.2850

I would welcome a system for dungeons that saw them become useful again, such as catacombs tokens used to buy charged lodestones/cores and corrupt from honor of the waves.

Because after you have your exotic armor/skins that you like tokens are useless except for the gift for your chosen legendary, but that is it.

And I’m talking like 500/1000 tokens per core/lodestone here, nothing easy just something to get people doing dungeons again and off the overcrowded fractal train.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ath.2531

I would welcome a system for dungeons that saw them become useful again, such as catacombs tokens used to buy charged lodestones/cores and corrupt from honor of the waves.

Because after you have your exotic armor/skins that you like tokens are useless except for the gift for your chosen legendary, but that is it.

And I’m talking like 500/1000 tokens per core/lodestone here, nothing easy just something to get people doing dungeons again and off the overcrowded fractal train.

your 500/1000 tokens per core moves us from one grind train into another. Thank you very much but just NO.

Currently, it takes 1-2 hours to farm a lodestone directly by killing sparks and around 1.5 hours to farm the gold for it.

Which psychopath would to 9 or 18 runs of a dungeon for 1 lodestone? Not me, that’s for sure

Piken Square, EU