March Sale item record

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: daethwing.7093

daethwing.7093

I’m hoping that in the final days, the Captain’s Airship Pass will go back on the Gem Store. I’ve got one, but I’d like them for my alts and primary guild members so that our party won’t be split between the royal terrace and the captain’s ship.

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Today (Saturday the 29th) it’s the Royal Terrace Pass. 1000 gems.

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Since they started with a collection expander, it makes sense to finish with a bank expander… Or I hope so.

20 level 80s and counting.

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I like how it was advertised as a March ‘sale’, implying every item would have some kind of discount, when quite a lot of ‘sale’ items were normal price. In the real world advertising standards agency would give them a heavy fine for false advertising, at least in my country. Everything, should have had a minium of 5% discount…

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Maybe they should be barred from serving players in your country. Tends to cut down on petty complaints.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bOgz.7263

bOgz.7263

Was expecting the Zodiac armors to be discounted this Sunday. Phalanx looks worthy of my 400 gems though.

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

I like how it was advertised as a March ‘sale’, implying every item would have some kind of discount, when quite a lot of ‘sale’ items were normal price. In the real world advertising standards agency would give them a heavy fine for false advertising, at least in my country. Everything, should have had a minium of 5% discount…

That’s the link for their initial advertisement

“Each day in March we’re running special promotions in the Gem Store! You’ll get 31 chances to save big on different Gem Store items or pick up a popular item from the past!”

Sale: /s?l/

1. The exchange of a commodity for money; the action of selling something.
  2. An event for the rapid disposal of goods at reduced prices for a period, esp. at the end of a season.

I don’t find it false adverting. Technically one of the definitions of a sale is the act of selling a product/service. A sale doesn’t have to be discounted by definition. Regardless of that, Anet never said that the past items were going to discounted as well.

(edited by Shades.4572)

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Shades.4572

How sad no character slots. O well I still got some good sales =D kind of wish I bought more of those armor sets since there is going to be that wardrobe.

Regardless I just want to say……Thank you Anet for the Month of Sales

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: alceleniel.3697

alceleniel.3697

Day 3: Black Lion Chest Key 106 Gems each, 5/292, 25/1785 (normal 125, 5/450, 25/2100)
Day 31: Black Lion Key 113 Gems each, 5/405, 25/1890 (normal 125, 5/450, 25/2100)

Hmmmm….

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Shades.4572

Day 3: Black Lion Chest Key 106 Gems each, 5/292, 25/1785 (normal 125, 5/450, 25/2100)
Day 31: Black Lion Key 113 Gems each, 5/405, 25/1890 (normal 125, 5/450, 25/2100)

Hmmmm….

Ya I noticed that too. Makes sense to me why they increased it, at least to me. They want to feature them 2x because it’s a high ticket item. At the same time they want to encourage you to buy it the first time it pops up for future sales that’s why it is not the same price or cheaper. Plus if it was cheaper everyone who bought on the 3rd would want a refund.

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

Thx Shades for keeping this record!

personally am happy with the Transmute Crystals and Salvage-O-Matic, even though they can be bought anytime.

The final day sale is a bit of a disappointment, was expecting to end on a bang (and I’d kept some gems in reserve for anything cool)
- but with April Fool’s tomorrow, a trolly finale is apt

Like many others, was hoping for discounted chara/bank/bag slots, but these things go on sale periodically, so patience, everyone!

What I wanted the most is the Watchwork Pick (don’t hate me! I didn’t buy it earlier on principle but I do like the animation). Anyhow another cool mining pick will come along eventually (I hope ..)

(edited by Alacrity.4312)

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Shades.4572

Before I forget I want to also thank StinVec for providing all the monthly pictures!!

@Alacrity I completely forgot about April Fools so you never know =D No matter the case I’m still happy with the sales.

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Was expecting the Zodiac armors to be discounted this Sunday. Phalanx looks worthy of my 400 gems though.

Na .. normally items that are released shortly before don’t go onto sales that fast.

And i also want to thank StinVec for this thread

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vystirch.3418

Vystirch.3418

Thanks Shades for keeping this thread up to date! And thx StinVec for the great picture of march sales!

Treebeard, “That doesn’t make sense to me. But, then again, you are very small.”

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Now the paranoid query: Will the Krytan armor still exist after the patch? I have never bought it because it’s mostly ugly (I don’t go for bone spikes and while I like the female top part I only have one medium female and I don’t play her). However, I could see nabbing it later for my locker (I don’t mind the extra 100 gems, if I’m planning to spend gems, that’s fine — and I didn’t want to pay out anything while the town clothes issue remains as is).

Right now my faith is shaken strongly enough to believe they’d pull even more options away from us and “streamline” the fashion part of the gem store into oblivion.

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

Thanks Shades and StinVec! Very appreciated.

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I was happy to help out Shades by supplying the graphic. Thank you, Shades, for keeping track for everyone and updating so regularly! I was quite late a few times with updating the pic, like today. :\

I’m disappointed in the final sale day in that people who were hoping for the toxic items to return had one chance left today. I’m sad they won’t be able to get them like the people who wanted the other limited time items were able to.

I did get several things this month from the sales, so thank you ANet for running it!

@Donari
I don’t expect any full set armor skins to leave the gem store after the patch as all full armor skin sets have always stayed available once released. Now, will their prices increase after the patch? I wouldn’t be surprised to see that. But I would be surprised to see existing full set armor skins no longer available. If Krytan does get yanked from the store for some reason, you can always pick up the Digital Deluxe Edition which includes the Heroic Edition items, which also includes your choice of one of the 3 classic skin sets in it.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

They got me. With the new Wardrobe coming I broke down and got the light and medium armor skin sets. 5 bucks each and accessible to all my characters crossed the threshold of worthwhile to me.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Thanks for your record-keeping, StinVec and Shades.

I personally got Transmutation Crystals, the Viper armor skin, and the Unlimited Spectre Finisher from this month’s sales. I’m a bit surprised that bank/bag/character slots didn’t go on sale, but they tend to be the biggest seller anyway (gem prices always shoot up when they go on sale), so maybe ANet had no need to put them on sale at the moment.

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Decided to post here since it’s a sticky.

The daily average exchange rate over the 31 days of the sale went up 17.74% or an average daily rate of 0.53%. Only 12 days was above this average.

Top 5 items that moved the rate up.

1st – March 3rd: 8.817895g per 100 – Black Lion Chest Key; 15%/35%/15% sale – 7.36%
*2nd – March 18th: 8.892308g per 100 – Trading Post Express; 25% Sale – 5.96%
*3rd – March 25th: 9.227262g per 100 – Bank Access Express; 20% Sale – 5.24%
4th – March 15th: 8.605648g per 100 – Transmutation Crystals; 20% Sale – 4.77%
5th – March 1st: 8.282175g per 100 – Collection Expander; 10% sale – 4.66%

Note on the 18th and 25th a number of other items were added to the Gem Store which likely assisted in the upwards spike that day.

March 18th – Mini 3-pack Set 3, expanded the number of Collection Expanders allowed to 5 from 3 and added new hairstyles to the Hair and Makeover Kits.

March 25th – Lion’s Arch Survivor’s Dyes, Frost Wasp Logging Tool and Golem Pummeler Finisher.

I’ll report on the top 5 trading range, which could suggest large amounts of either gold or gems moving into the exchange, tomorrow. Good night you crazy bobbleheaded comrades.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ilyaniii.3918

Ilyaniii.3918

I’d really like to be able to buy a Grenth hood, Will it ever be coming back Anet?

March Sale item record

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I’d really like to be able to buy a Grenth hood, Will it ever be coming back Anet?

Wrong Topic.

But wintersday.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.