New SILVER Fed Salvage-O-Matic

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Today Anet released the new silver fed salvage o matic in the gem store that salvages at the same rate as master/mystic salvage kits.

The Copper Fed S-O-M is one of my favourite convenience items so i was excited for the new one. Unfortunately the salvage costs at 1 silver are way above regular master salvage kits which only cost about 61 copper per salvage.

I propably gonna get it anyways but the profiteer in me says that it isnt worth the convenience it gives.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Don’t forget that picking it up costs 8500s, so if you only use it 8500 times then it will cost TWO silver each time, or if you use it 17000 times then it will still cost 1.5 silver each time, and so on. It really isn’t worth even the convenience unless you go through several stacks of Mystic kits per day without being anywhere near a bank to replenish from.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Don’t forget that picking it up costs 8500s, so if you only use it 8500 times then it will cost TWO silver each time, or if you use it 17000 times then it will still cost 1.5 silver each time, and so on. It really isn’t worth even the convenience unless you go through several stacks of Mystic kits per day without being anywhere near a bank to replenish from.

Yeah thats my point. At times i salvaged alot of rares/exotics with master kit (between 500-1000 per week) but obviously i was getting those from the tp, so a merchant was always close by to replenish my MSK.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Sadly while coper-fed is the most amazing thing ever, silver-fed is a total failure. I will laugh really hard if they ever introduce gold-fed…..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It’s a single item you have to constantly between characters in a bank or purchase multiple times to use with all characters instead an account unlock you can pick with any character from the bank or some NPC once unlocked.

It costs more than regular rare kits, and way, way more than mystic kits if you have some free stones.

You will still need to get to the bank if you want to store upgrades to use them in the mystic forge later, or get to some merchant to sell the ones that are not worth selling in the trading post, so it won’t save that many waypoint costs.

These three flaws make it not worth getting, regardless of its price.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Sadly while coper-fed is the most amazing thing ever, silver-fed is a total failure. I will laugh really hard if they ever introduce gold-fed…..

You wouldnt laugh as hard if the gold fed som lets you recover upgrades at a 100% chance from karma and wvw gear.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

You wouldnt laugh as hard if the gold fed som lets you recover upgrades at a 100% chance from karma and wvw gear.

Like that would happen :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Copper Fed was 800 gems while Silver Fed is 500 gems. I guess they think the “adjustment” in price will make fools of us all.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sodeni.6041

Sodeni.6041

I was so excited about the new silver-fed but why should I pay 1 silver each salvage when I can buy Master’s Salvage kid for 0,614 silver each? I absolutely won’t buy it. Sadly!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I was so excited about the new silver-fed but why should I pay 1 silver each salvage when I can buy Master’s Salvage kid for 0,614 silver each? I absolutely won’t buy it. Sadly!

Reported for child labour.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I wish I have a master salvage kid. :*(

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

I got it.. hoping for price adjust devs.

Cost per use should be same or lower thn master salvage kit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

I like convenience items, but I’m not touching this because of the cost to run.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

“Oh NO my inventory is OVERFLOWING with RARE level 73-80 armor*!!!

When does that ever happen? Never, right? So where’s the convenience in this, for which you pay through your nose and pay nearly double each item you salvage an item with it?

* note that rare weapons should not be salvaged, you will often get far more selling them directly on the TP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Yeah I’ll stick with my copper fed. Really don’t see the point of this one.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

When it comes to convenience I don’t see this being much for it, even during my all dungeon all path touring days.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I like convenience items too, but I’m not buying it unless the “silver” cost is cut to 50c, resulting in a logical 11c saving.

They can even call it a “Half-Silver-Fed-Salvage-O-Matic” after that.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

Not worth it at all.

The obstacle is the path.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I think thats a great item, because nobody wants “pay to win”, and for some people
paying money to save money in the long run already is “pay to win”.

Now this item is clearly a “pay to loose” item in that way .. so everyone who hates
the watchwork pick so much, should clearly buy it

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Panteri.4073

Panteri.4073

I asked for a refund if they wont adjust the price. Its just not worth it and i was stupid enough to buy it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I LOVE My copper salvage o matic. The cost per use is roughly the same as a basic kit and very worth it for all the whites, blues & greens I get. Even if I was completely out of Mystic Forge Stones, the silver version still would not be worth it to me. I don’t get anywhere near enough rares that I burn through my mystic kits very often. I still have three more mystic kits in my bank and those will probably last me a few months or more.

If the cost per use was 50c each time, it would be worth it….1 silver per use? Nope.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kite.3291

Kite.3291

1S every 2nd use and they can leave the items’ name and the ratio would be great but this way its not worth it… paying ~50% more per use compared to rare kits and about 1000% more compared to mystic kits, considering u aint buying the forge stones in shop, is insane…

Àdjust the item in a way it either consumes 1S after the 2nd use or it consumes 1S on the first use and the next one is free of charge.. I dun care but this way its totally not worth buying… Wouldn’t care to pay 1000Gems in that case but definitly not 500 for this crap item..

(edited by Kite.3291)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rez.8016

Rez.8016

Silver Fed costs around 9 times the cost of Mystic kits, not including the initial gem purchase.

Copper Fed can be replaced with karma bought with the option of going for higher % chance of rare mats and upgrades.

Both do offer good convenience in time and space saved.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

This item is just a gold sink, bad purchase.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Costs aside, the problem is that it isn’t even convenient if you regularly play with more than one character. I’d hate to have to pop it in my bank and retrieve it again every time I want to swap characters and the fact that it costs more than simply buying master or mystic salvage kits, makes it even less convenient as a whole.

All-in-all, the Silver Fed Salvage-o-Matic is a big failure. I have no idea what Anet was thinking, because it’s so blatantly obvious that this is not a good deal in any respect.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

I think thats a great item, because nobody wants “pay to win”, and for some people
paying money to save money in the long run already is “pay to win”.

Now this item is clearly a “pay to loose” item in that way .. so everyone who hates
the watchwork pick so much, should clearly buy it

Well I don’t really care what is pay to win for anyone.
We got free gathering and very little saving coper-fed-salvage-o-matic, ant it was all cool, but this it very bad item and I will say it’s very missed design.

Convenience should allow you not to loose or save a little bit, but paying almost 2 times as much per salvage with the initial cost of 500gems – THATS REALLY LOW…

I like convenience items too, but I’m not buying it unless the “silver” cost is cut to 50c, resulting in a logical 11c saving.

They can even call it a “Half-Silver-Fed-Salvage-O-Matic” after that.

I’m looking forward to that.
I will buy and use it then!!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Megis.9264

I’ll just keep using Mystic Salvage Kits for barely 10 coppers a use, thank you very much.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tarnsman.8092

Tarnsman.8092

Yeah it’s a shame. Love my copper fed salvage kit but I’ll be passing on this. I agree what everyone is saying…50 cp per salvage is a go…one silver no thanks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

if you cheap out and use self acquired forge stones you are wasting 90c per salvage
if you’re a salvage junkie who purchases stones in the gem store
you are saving 11.40s per salvage

it’s as simple as that

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

That price needs to be reduce at least to 50c per salvage or even more

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Black Lion Trading Co

Megis.9264

50c wouldn’t even be worth it, 10c or lower, or bust.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

do not fall for this scam !

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

in Black Lion Trading Co

Megis.9264

I’m all for convenience items, but this is a rip-off.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This is neither convenient nor cost effective. at 50c per salvage it would be worth it for replacing master kits, but mystic kits last me almost a month each, and are practically free to make due to the overabundance of free stones. at 10c per salvage I may consider this item.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Have to agree here, love the the copper feed, have even given them as gifts and those people loved them enough to gift others. But the price on use is too high. Either the per use cost needs to come down or the item needs have some secondary effect or have a higher chance to salvage materials. Don’t mind supporting development through store items but not when it acts as in game gold sink.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

No thanks on the silver fed. Mystic Kit much better.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Megis.9264

Increase it’s effectiveness to 35% to recover rare materials and 90% to recover upgrades and I’ll consider it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Azure The Heartless.3261

Increase it’s effectiveness to 35% to recover rare materials and 90% to recover upgrades and I’ll consider it.

this or make it -any cheaper than the mystic kit.-

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I do own the copper fed that i use for anything green or less. As for rares i still wouldn’t use this silver fed one cause i have about 19 black lion salvage kits in my bank that i use for rares and exotics.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Megis.9264

BL kit for rares is a waste, you can make 1-2g buying exotics and salvaging good runes and sigils.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Mystic salvage kit costs what – just over ten copper per use? That’s if we ignore the cost of stones, but let’s be honest… anyone who does their monthlies is drowning in the things. I want to get a silver-fed salvage-o-matic, because I simply love its copper-fed twin; however it’s an absolute rip off. Sorry Anet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kobi Beef.3895

Kobi Beef.3895

http://dulfy.net/2014/08/28/gw2-silver-fed-salvage-o-matic-now-in-gemstore/

Dulfy apparently does some math on this item, it comes out to 10 times the cost of a mystic salvage kit without the extra cost of 500 gems

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Hey Ms. Crytin Cox, I think it’s time you talk to us about your method in pricing for items like this in the store. Instead of community management, marketing, or any other team besides the monetization team explain this type of price point to us. Help us understand your madness, besides the motto “there’s a sucker born every minute .”

(edited by Sindex.9520)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Just forget about the ‘cost-savings’, it shouldn’t be a considering factor just like how it isn’t with the other Salvage-O-Matic.

What you should just this item on is convenience, and there is no convenience for the silver one compared to the basic.

Quite simply, no one gets enough rares to salvage to make this item worthwhile.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Everyone values different things. The key feature for the SFSoM is: takes one inventory slot. For this you pay (as noted above), ~1.5-2s/use instead of 0.61s/use for the 25-use master’s kit. (People who started playing recently won’t have a lot of mystic stones.)

Given how much I paid for infinite-use gathering tools, this doesn’t seem totally crazy. Of course, I won’t buy it, but then I didn’t buy the copper-fed either. I don’t mind keeping 4-5 kits on each toon and refreshing them, since I have to visit a vendor to sell of junk anyhow. I do mind having to visit a vendor for gathering, because (a) if I run out, I can’t gather and (b) that saves me a lot more slots.

tl;dr everyone values convenience differently. If you don’t think this is a good deal, don’t buy it. If too few people spend for this one, then ANet will rethink its future plans.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

Another happy copper-fed salvage-o-matic user here who was chomping at the bit to buy this until I realized what a ripoff it is. I am so disappointed right now. Paying for convenience is one thing—paying for the opportunity to spend two to ten times the normal cost of a salvage is just insulting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Somoe.3621

Somoe.3621

Everyone who stops to think for a moment can see how terrible the current iteration of the Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic is. Even Anet knows how bad it is; why else would it be 300 gems cheaper than the Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic?

I give Anet a lot of slack, but this honestly looks like an underhanded way to rip off naive players. If you compare it to the Copper-Fed kit, it has a higher salvage rate AND costs fewer Gems so it must be the best option, right?

From the wiki:

Even ignoring its costs of acquisition, this item’s per use costs are higher than the equally effective Mystic or Master’s Salvage Kits.

25% chance to salavage rare materials + 80% chance to salvage upgrades
1. Master’s Salvage Kit = 25 uses, 61.44 copper per use
2. Mystic Salvage Kit = 250 uses, 10.496 copper per use
3. Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic = unlimited uses, 1 silver per use

You can’t just say “Oh, well it has unlimited uses so it’s supposed to cost more per use” either because…

10% chance to salvage rare materials + 20% chance to salvage upgrades
1. Basic Salvage Kit = 25 uses, 3.52 copper per use
2. Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic = unlimited uses, 3 copper per use

What I think should be done to the Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic:

A.)
- Increase the chance to salvage rare materials from 25% -> 50%.
- Increase the chance to salvage upgrades from 80% -> 100%.
- Increase the Gem Store price from 500 Gems -> 1200-1500 Gems.
- EDIT: Increase the price per salvage from 1 Silver -> 20-50+ Silver

B.)
- Increase the chance to salvage rare materials from 25% -> 35%.
- Increase the chance to salvage upgrades from 80% -> 90%.
- Increase the Gem Store price from 500 Gems -> 800 Gems.

Not only would it be more expensive (which is more money for Anet per sale), but more than a handful of people would actually buy it too.

(edited by Somoe.3621)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Or just lower the price per salvage to compete with mystics. The name would make no sense, but that’s the better option. A lot of us have a trove of Black Lion salvage kits in our banks, so the upgrading this one further is a but silly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’d gladly buy a master kit and have it take up one slot until it was done, then refresh it instead of buying this.

my inventory wont magically fill up with yellows.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wilson.9207

Wilson.9207

Not worth it!!

I was excited to see the silver fed, but it too much to use. I might get one if they increased it to like 40% and 90% or reduced the price to use to 50-60 copper each time.