[PROs and CONs] New Trading Post

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

Partially because power users are the most ingrained with how / where information was given before and what the most efficient sequence of clicks was. That will partially fix itself as there are many new conveniences to get used to and some non-obvious shortcuts that power users will figure out over time just as you did with OTP.

Thanks for response. Couldn’t these “non-obvious” shortcuts be documented? While it is exciting to discover new things, it doesn’t mean all new things must be discoverable. Few key notes and pointers would probably do wonders, if there are indeed some super-handy non-obvious shortcuts.

To add another functionality lost, in OTP it was possible to use last digit of the price to adjust whole price so that it would affect previous digits. Example: if someone was selling an item for 2g 0s 0c, I could mousewheelroll or hover-and-arrow-down-key last 0c digit, and price would become 1g 99s 99c. Same if I wanted to quickly set 1g 99s 99c to 2g 0s 0c – just hover on last 99c digit and press arrow up key once.

This isn’t possible anymore. The hover and arrow keys still work, but it affects only one set of digits. So changing 2g 0s 0c to 1g 99s 99c requires me to set all three digits individually.

Edit: hover and arrow keys don’t work anymore, but hover and mousewheel does. Arrow keys require clicking on digit.

(edited by kuittaa.7360)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

Glad this topic got a red post, letting me keep a little spark of hope for the TP.

[…]
The primary pain as Ensign mentioned is the power users. […]

Unfortunatly things got worse for everyone selling on the TP, not just power users.

Let me give an example: after a fractal run one usually ends up with quite a lot T5/6 mats and may be some profitable blue’s and green’s and major runes. So what I did til 09/09 (and looking at the recent feedback a lot of other players aswell) was:
- open inventory
- right click on an item I knew I can net some money with on the TP (e.g. 7 T5 blood) and select “Sell on TP”
- checking if estimated profit is to my liking
- clicking on “Sell instant”
- select next profitable item (I really liked the way your inventory was shown in the old TP)
- rinse and repeat until everything is sold

Let’s compare it to what it is like now:
- open inventory
- right click on an item I knew I can net some money with on the TP (e.g. 7 T5 blood) and select “Sell on TP”
So far- nothing changed. But now the fun begins:
- change from the buy panel to the sell panel by clicking on the small square next to the highest bidder
- drag the quantity bar to the far right to sell all 7 T5 blood, hoping the highest bidder is actually bidding for 7 or more units
- only seeing the actual price and what fees and taxes will be charged but not how much gold I will actually get, forcing me to do the maths manually
- click the sell button
- being forced to click the green “Succes!” Window
- sigh deeply
- select the next item (from the now terribad inventory display in the TP; using the “I am Evon Gnashblade” command does help, but it’s yet just the other extreme)
- rinse and repeat

So as far as I’m concerned (and I’m by no means a “power user” or “TP flipper”) the new way of selling is much less comfortable and takes longer than before.

My thoughts exactly. Quick selling stuff from my inventory as the first step in clearing by bags after a run is my primary use of the TP. This process has now become overly cumbersome and time-comsuming. I just want to see if a particular item can be sold on the TP for more than the vendor price and then do so quickly. The old system wasn’t perfect but this is so much worse.

(edited by TobyTucker.5317)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

There are some bugs with new TP that will get fixed and we’ll definitely be discussing other changes brought up. So please continue to give constructive feedback especially valuable when you explain how you would use something instead of how to fix it. (eg: I wish I knew if i’m undercutting myself, vs match my lowest needs to be a button.)

I hope that you mentioned this means you will really bring that feature back, since that is really my biggest problem with the new TP

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

My biggest issue with the new TP is the arbitrary character limit in the search box.

Arbitrary character limits are a personal pet peeve of mine as they serve no purpose other than annoying people.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

Critical review inc, don’t get too offended these are my opinions:
Selling stuff out of the inventory has become too much of a hassle. Not sure why the design team opted for limiting the amount of information shown to users when buying/selling items. That should have been a non-started on re-working the TP.

The scrolling is just limiting my view of items in the inventory and making it harder to sell off the profit making items so I’ve just turned to selling things to vendors now. I realize I lose gold doing so but it’s just not worth the hassle. Need to potentially shrink the size of the list items to something small so that there is less scrolling. And you shouldn’t have to re-scroll every time you sell something. (although tbh I’d much rather the scrolling is done away with and a list comes back).

The amount of pop-ups is very distracting as well, and the issue is compounded when you have a large scroll-able list as it is now, and when you mouse-over the item details will hide half if not most of it right off the bat.

Oh and that kitten bar… /shakes fist at bar. First time I used the TP after patch, I sold the cloth once… hmm it’s still there, wth, sell it again … you have to move it every single time for every single item. It’s exasperating.

I just find it hard to use visually. I used to go to the TP first before going to a merchant every single time. I feel bad for the power-users.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Teneb.4973

Teneb.4973

The primary pain as Ensign mentioned is the power users.

Like later posters in this thread, I’m a casual TP user who disagrees with the above – it’s really not just power users who are feeling the pain. Casual sellers with a full inventory are finding the new UI a clickfest compared to the old one, and are detailing exactly why in this thread. Really, we can’t give a clearer explanation of the issue than the step-by-step explanations we’re already providing… So as casual users we’re providing as much detail as we humanly can on the issue, only to be told it’s mostly a power user problem..?

It feels like there’s a lot less listening going on than claimed. Can you not simply log in, get yourself a full inventory, try to sell on the TP like we casuals do and see for yourself exactly the problem we’re describing?

I logged out in frustration after my first TP clickfest hoping it would be fixed quickly – after all the problem’s not too difficult to explain and anet already understand it as a general problem: too much clicking is A Bad Thing. The thought of having to go through this clickfest every time my inventory is full has put me off logging back in since then.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

The refresh button on the buys/sell screens are also needed back, especially on the buy screen. Closing and reopening the item to refresh the numbers is cumbersome.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Forget the UI. …look at kittening SILK. It just took another huge jump.
You wanna talk about living in a bubble and ignoring the average player…. This is a “pain point” that apparently not even the forums are aware of b/c I haven’t seen 1 peep about it here in Speculator land. If I had the ability to magically summon Mr. Smith like you folks do, I’d ask him about that instead. Not this silly user interface rebuild.

Hell, I think If I was only allowed to say one thing to them, it would be THANK YOU for making it more cumbersome for flippers to flip stuff. I know it won’t actually last, but it was a nice effort to trip up all these out-of-touch Privilege hoggers

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

The scrolling is just limiting my view of items in the inventory and making it harder to sell off the profit making items so I’ve just turned to selling things to vendors now. I realize I lose gold doing so but it’s just not worth the hassle. Need to potentially shrink the size of the list items to something small so that there is less scrolling. And you shouldn’t have to re-scroll every time you sell something. (although tbh I’d much rather the scrolling is done away with and a list comes back).

Type in the search window:
I am Evon Gnashblade
If you type it with caps like that, the item icons become smaller and you can see about 29 items per screen without scrolling instead of 8.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

the most annoying thing to me is that the search box erases my input when i add/delete a filter…

my searches usually go something like…

>type “foefire”
>delete engineer filter
>type “foefire”
>delete “only show available”
>type “foefire”
oh! theres foefire’s essence!

or…

>type “phoenix”
>delete engineer filter
>type “phoenix”
>select skins category
>type “phoenix”

please give the search box a 10 second memory =(

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Previous

Curtis Johnson

Next

the most annoying thing to me is that the search box erases my input when i add/delete a filter…

>type “foefire”
>delete engineer filter
>type “foefire”
>type “foefire”

or…

>type “phoenix”
>delete engineer filter
>type “phoenix”
>select skins category
>type “phoenix”

Anyone else see this? Removing filters empties the text box.. but it doesn’t remove the foefire breadcrumb when i tried to replicate this.

Also.. to save you a bunch of clicks.. type foefire or phoenix from the home page. worked immediately for me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

I have a lot of positive vibes for everything EXCEPT the treatment of new/low level characters.

Anet…..you kitten ed hardcore on that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tigre.6458

Tigre.6458

The latest patch changed it so that when you sell items from the inventory, it defaults to the highest buyer price instead of lowest seller price. If there’s a discrepancy of 1silver, then you would’ve lost that 1silver if you didn’t pay attention and click on lowest seller price instead. This means it reverted back to the old TP, except this time, you need to click more to sell at the lowest seller price.

The most annoying thing is, though, the item quantity defaults to “1” instead of whatever the full stack is. If there’s a bunch of crappy tonic drops or sigils that drop from your dungeon run, when you try to sell the stack of tonic/sigil/runes, you have to click even more to increase the quantity and sell that stack at the lowest seller price.

How is this system better than the previous TP GUI?

(edited by Tigre.6458)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I feel like a lot of my pros and cons have already been mentioned, so I don’t think they need to be mentioned again.
A con I haven’t seen mentioned yet is the pickup tab refresh rate [for power users]. an example:

I go to the TP, it immediately says I have 100 items and 26g to pick up.
I click ‘pick up’ (the 100 items are stackable, so only like 8 inventory slots are consumed)
It still says I have 100 items and 26g to pick up (it’s the same items)
I click ‘pick up’ but nothing happens
I go to another screen on the TP, still says the same 100 items
I close and reopen the TP
now there are 38 items and 0g to pick up, which I do and the notice goes away

I’ve tried waiting instead of reopening, and that does work. It just takes a minute or so for it to show that I have new-new items to pick up.

oh, another con (probably a bug): all of the ‘my transactions’ windows do not update until you switch off of them. example: If you are looking at your buy orders, click on one of them, and place a new buy order for that item, it doesn’t appear at the top of your buy orders until you go to another page, then click back to view your buy orders.

reminds me of another one (probably also a bug): after you remove a buy order, it redirects your window to the top of your buy order page. gets really really tedious to cancel several old buy orders that are half way down the list.

(edited by Mystic.5934)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I feel like a lot of my pros and cons have already been mentioned, so I don’t think they need to be mentioned again.
A con I haven’t seen mentioned yet is the pickup tab refresh rate [for power users]. an example:

I go to the TP, it immediately says I have 100 items and 26g to pick up.
I click ‘pick up’ (the 100 items are stackable, so only like 8 inventory slots are consumed)
It still says I have 100 items and 26g to pick up (it’s the same items)
I click ‘pick up’ but nothing happens
I go to another screen on the TP, still says the same 100 items
I close and reopen the TP
now there are 38 items and 0g to pick up, which I do and the notice goes away

I’ve tried waiting instead of reopening, and that does work. It just takes a minute or so for it to show that I have new-new items to pick up.

^^
I bought over 40k copper ore today, my game crashed when I clicked pick up repeatedly. But as you said, it works best, if you wait until the 100 items scrolled through on the right of your screen and the gold appears.

Sometimes the items that i pick up and show up on the right of the screen freeze as well. I ca nstill pick up stuff put it doesnt show anymore on the side.

Not sure if you can disable your loot showing on the side in the options, will check tomorrow. IF thats the case, it might speed up TP pick up as well.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Type in the search window:
I am Evon Gnashblade
If you type it with caps like that, the item icons become smaller and you can see about 29 items per screen without scrolling instead of 8.

Does it have any other effect or just an icon resize? I don’t want to blindly type it in without knowing what it does. How do you toggle it back if you don’t like it?

Thanks for actually saying how to activate it, though, I’d previously only seen references to it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

the icons stay the same size, but you only see the bottom ~1/4 of the icon. you can type it in again to go back to normal.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

As the new tp has crashed my game more than 90% of the time, forgetting that the new layout’s inferior with the extra clicks needed (Same for the Hero UI from April) I am very displeased with the ‘new improved tp’!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ty Cobb.2134

Ty Cobb.2134

I wish there was a “Show More” button at the end of the Current Sellers (and maybe also Current Buyers) lists of an item.

Often I will undercut by 1c the first seller with a significant amount but ignore all the sellers who only sell a couple of the item.

With only 20 listings showing like it is now they may very well all be from 1x item sellers now. I know having only 20 listings was done to improve TP responsiveness and alleviate stress on the database but having a “Show more” button would be a good compromise I think.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

If you want to make EVERYONE HAPPY, the solution is rather simple. Give the option to revert to the old TP, as of now some enjoy it while others don’t. It’s got some nice functionality while losing on some other points such as seeing all items into one easy display instead of showing 10 at a time like the old one.

I’ve never found a one size fits all to the best in pleasing everyone but after 2 years, most vets have found the same old same old to be the best/familiar. Slight tweaks I would of done is to improve on buying, instead of having to constantly relist my buy order at said price/quantity for each stack I’ll like to remember what I just ordered after I clicked by.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

I think a lot of issues could be solved by simply splitting the UI in to a ‘power user’ version and a ‘default’ version.

CON: For example: The side UI element is woefully underused currently. I assume this is to not confuse normal traders, but for someone using the TP constantly it’s incredibly annoying to have button hidden behind other buttons.

Making the side UI as follows:

Gem Store
Currency Exchange
Trading Post (Home)
——-
Buy
Sell
Current Buying
Current Selling
Historical Bought
Historcial Sold

would be a huge leap forward in terms of power user functionality.

Whether this was an options menu option or a togglable dropdown that remembered the previous state is irrelevent. It would eliminate a huge number of clicks.

CON: Having the Current Transaction Buying/Selling screen refresh it’s position to the top every time you cancel an order is infuriating. This cannot be desired behavior for any user as they’ve already scrolled down to that point. I can only assume it’s a design oversight. It makes cancelling a large row of items extremely frustrating.

PRO: ‘I am Evon Gnashblade’ mode. A perfect example of how the trading post should be handled, customizable for power users. (CON: Have to do it every time you login, Icons need to be positions so that quantity appears).

CON: Historical doesn’t even cover 24 hours for me now. You’ve mentioned that you’re aware of this so I wont belabor the point, but I hope you realize how unacceptable this is. If the amount of history was customizable, with a huge warning that it would hurt responsiveness then everyone would be happy.

PRO: The ability to have the buy screen popup inside the Historcial Buying/Selling is amazing and eliminates one of the major timewasters in the OldTP.

CON: The ridiculous 250 selling limit is still in force. I know perfectly well that this is arbitrary as you could sell up to 250,000 in the beta- and I did constantly. The fact you’re using both the 7 item limit and the 250 limit and then trying to blame botting is ridiculous. People who buy 5 million of something still need to sell that 5 million, you cannot make people pay more than an item is worth. A bot that tried to corner a market would quickly find itself becoming walled in by people getting fresh drops.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Peacemaker Xeranan.4508

Peacemaker Xeranan.4508

I’m glad this thread was made. I have a few mixed feelings about the new TP:

PROS

• Both the listing fee and transaction fee are listed clearly
  • Buying and Selling items in bulk is much faster: It is no longer necessary to re-type the amount (1-250) of good and the price I’d like to buy them when buying multiple stacks of an item. I simply need to press confirm (and close) several times.

CONS

• Listing fee and transaction fee are not calculated for the player to give a “prospective profit”- I end up having to eye-ball the numbers to give myself ballpark figures.
  • The “My transactions” section doesn’t tell you how many listings you have anymore.
  • The dropbox takes forever to refresh if picking up many items at a time. I often find myself having to close the TP window after I pick up items to get it to refresh faster. This is a major pain.
  • Loss of the “match my lowest listing” option
  • Blanks in pricing fields don’t default to zero. I have to put zeros in manually for everything.
  • When selling items from my inventory, the scroll screen doesn’t “save” my spot in the list after put something up for sale- taking me back to the top.
  • Having to confirm taking a buy order off of my transactions rather than immediately removing it. Much like the above bullet, when I take a buy order down, my spot in the list isn’t saved and it takes me back to the top again.

Other missing QOL Features

• Listing fee should be shown as non-refundable.
  • There is still no ability to pick-and-choose what items one wants to pick up from the dropbox: it remains all or nothing.

The new TP works better and is… somewhat faster than the old one, but honestly I’m not sure if I prefer the new TP to the old one now that I look over my list of Pros and Cons.

Edit: New items under cons.

(edited by Peacemaker Xeranan.4508)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

PRO
Plenty of things are good about the new trading post.

• Both the listing fee and transaction fee are listed clearly
  • Buying and Selling items in bulk is much faster: It is no longer necessary to re-type the amount (1-250) of good and the price I’d like to buy them when buying multiple stacks of an item. I simply need to adjust a bar or confirm and close several times.
  • It is a lot easier to buy and sell smartly with buy/sell orders being on the same page. I can look at the spread between the buy and sell as well as the quantity and differences between the top listings of the buy and sell orders
  • Filters are greatly improved extremely intuitive.

CON

• Current supply is hard to see.
  • Obvious warning is not obvious.

Adjusted selling within the Trading Post so that the default is set to match the highest buyer instead of the lowest seller.

This should also happen with when buying it should default to the lowest seller. Or move the warning and adjust default when selling back.

My wife recently was buying items from the trading post to upgrade her gear. She is the type of player that the NPE was created for (She just has no experience with multiplayer games in general. I have had to teach her a few systems.) This was her story she said. Keep in mind I told her nothing about what was included in this patch.

She told me. I am going to go upgrade my gear. Then I heard her say. “I guess that item is out of stock. I guess no-one is selling it.” I was like what do you mean out of stock. So I went over to her computer and had her show me what she was doing. Filtered though the item she wanted just fine. At the buy screen she said she click the place order. I pointed out the text to her and the warning message about coins being held. Then showed her how to buy from a seller. I asked her for why she thought this. She said. I bought a few other items and got them instantly. I was wondering why I did not get this item. In short she did not see the warning message because it was after she made her decision to buy.

• Match my level should be checked by default when buying. In most cases when you are buying you are buying something for your level. This is mostly a speed improvement that will help most buyers.
  • Move the warning message above the buttons. See the linked to images. This would make the warnings more obvious.
  • Perhaps change the default when buying to highest seller. But there are economic reasons for not doing so.

Example when selling to a buy order:
http://imgur.com/rOirTH0,St0ObFs

Example when selling on a sell order:
http://imgur.com/rOirTH0,St0ObFs#1

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

(edited by anzenketh.3759)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Pros:
New Search Filters
Not on Awesomiumprocess so it’s faster and more reliable.

Cons:
Selling items is more janky, with no button to match lowest seller and “sell all” Selling a stack of an item before was easy, 2 clicks. Now you need to actually find the price to sell at and click and drag a slider
Buying items in bulk is also more janky, instead of just typing in a quantity and it automatically pulling the lowest possibly prices until it satisfies your desired quantity, and showing you the total amount you’d spend and seeing the prices you’re spending individually on the right… now you have to set a max price if the lowest priced seller isn’t selling enough to satisfy your quantity.
No projected net profit when selling
Transactions defaults to history rather than current transactions
Stupid “get more gold” button., every time I see that, I want to slash someone’s tires. and put sugar in their gas tank.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

In general I’m happy the new UI’s appearance. I have a few issues with it though:

(1) Still takes too many clicks to sell one item after another from your inventory.

(2) The recent changed introduced with the last patch “match highest buyer” is fine for people who use this all the time, but I always base my price on the highest seller. So now I have to click that column every time I want to sell an item.

- Please either make this an option or let the UI remember your last column choice.

(3) It’s nice that it shows the order of your items in your inventory. What is annoying is that when you are working through all the items in your inventory it resets to the top of the list every time you make a sell order. This means you have to scroll all the way back down your inventory list to sell the next item.

- Please make this stay at the same place in the list after you sell/make a sell order.

(4) The up/down buttons for altering an item’s price is a great idea, but they are very small, which makes them hard to click.

Please make these buttons larger so it isn’t such a lottery when you try to use them.

(5) When you sell an item the whole UI is blocked by a big green window confirming the the order. I find this to be superfluous and quite annoying after each order. Why can’t the actual buy/sell order window change colour rather than placing another window on top of it that you then have to close.

- Order confirmation should be on the original buy/sell order window. Either just change its colour and have an OK button built in.

All of these changes are geared toward streamlining the selling of different items from your inventory without it taking too long. Currently it takes just as much work to sell many different items as the old UI.

Also I would include a few options from the old UI mentioned previously, e.g. Match your lowest price and projected profit was useful.

The speed of selling is about the same as the old UI due to the above. It is still a bit unintuitive to use.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

(2) The recent changed introduced with the last patch “match highest buyer” is fine for people who use this all the time, but I always base my price on the highest seller. So now I have to click that column every time I want to sell an item.

- Please either make this an option or let the UI remember your last column choice.

Yeah, I sold something for 1.5g less than I wanted to because they ninja patched this over night. :/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Any feedback from the devs about when and what will be corrected? Many changes suck, but imho they should priorize those that make certain functions totally unavailable. Some features work, they are just more complicated to use. (Buying/selling)

But others are totally unusable. Such as the 100 piece cap on buying/selling lists – making your transactions inaccessible. Actually these changes got me wondering… some of them may really occur due to unintended reasons, but I have a feeling this also has a strong intention to make ‘power users’ lives harder. They dont want any1 to be a kitten businessman. I’ve bought almost 2000g worth of gems since February and havent spent a single dime of real money. How? Well, I made that money at the TP. They dont like that. Some1 with more than 2 braincells can take advantage of the stupidity/impatience of the gw2 community. Buy stuff for cheap, sell higher… So simple. But its not boosting their income. They hope once you get fed up with farming the same dungeons for months to get your legendary, evetually you’ll spend real money and buy gems to speed up the farming.

I’m not saying this was their only purpose, but some changes make no sense at all other than this imho.

enthusiastic noob

(edited by Nimrud.5642)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

I wish there was a “Show More” button at the end of the Current Sellers (and maybe also Current Buyers) lists of an item.

Often I will undercut by 1c the first seller with a significant amount but ignore all the sellers who only sell a couple of the item.

With only 20 listings showing like it is now they may very well all be from 1x item sellers now. I know having only 20 listings was done to improve TP responsiveness and alleviate stress on the database but having a “Show more” button would be a good compromise I think.

This is precisely what I have advocated once or twice. The best part about this suggested option button is that it removes the issue of the system having to load up extra data that may not be of any use to a large portion of users. It’d serve to provide that data on request for only those that need it which keeps overhead down to a minimum. Win/win.

Some might want a toggle to show longer lists by default, but the problem is that a lot of users (more and more over time) will tick off that box just because they can, not because they really need longer lists, thus wasting resources. I’m guilty of this sort of thing, too.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kruhljak.2705

Other missing QOL Features

• There is still no ability to pick-and-choose what items one wants to pick up from the dropbox: it remains all or nothing.

This is highly unlikely to change. I recall it being said by a dev that this limitation is, at least in part, to prevent people from using the Pick-Up Tab/Delivery Box as a temporary storage space.

If you can just pick and choose what to take, then you’re picking and choosing what to leave, as well. Guess how many people would be storing hundreds of stacks of mats (and any assortment of other stuff) for free until the prices shoot up.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: I Forgot.1684

I Forgot.1684

Problem: After listing an item, the “Success” window pops up. It significantly increases the amount of time it takes to list an item. This message was easily circumvented with the old trading post interface.

Solution: The Success window should have a check box that says, “never show this message again”, and as soon as the item is successfully listed, the unified order dialog should disappear so you can promptly begin listing another item.

Problem: It now takes longer to check the prices of several different items in your inventory. Upon selecting an item to sell or buy, you are forced to view a separate window (the unified order dialog) which displays current buyers offers and current sellers listings. In the old Trading post interface, this information appeared off to the side making it possible to easily select another item to sell or buy.

Solution: Replace the Price columns in the Buy Items and Sell Items tabs with Columns that display the amount of the highest buyers offer and the price of the lowest sellers listing.

Problem: When viewing the unified order dialog, if I try to enter 250 into the Quantity field, and there are only a small number of items listed together in each listing for this item, I am told, “Increase your price to purchase more”. In the old Trading post interface, my price would automatically update to match the highest price I would have to pay if I were to purchase 250 units.

Solution: This issue could most simply be resolved by reverting this aspect to the previous format.

Aside from these inconveniences, I really like the new trading post interface.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Grimm.3972

Grimm.3972

My biggest issue with it is the Slider. A really poor idea for upping quantity versus what is also there with the quantity field. As swell, I always sell Maximum quantity and hate not having that setting anymore.

As well, I would really prefer to default to Sell listing price than Buy price. Another click I always have to make.

Beyond that, I’ve always been irritated by the limit on transactions you can place, as I’m just trying to empty my bag as fast as possible.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alkonium.9164

Alkonium.9164

Did they get rid of pickup in favour of delivery on approval, or did I just coincidentally loot an item identical to one I ordered?

Edit: Turns out it was a coincidence.

(edited by Alkonium.9164)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fizz.4536

fizz.4536

So far the alterations to the trading post have been a nice addition to the game for me, though there are a few things that do bug me a little. I’m not going to list the things that I find great, as there’s just no reason to, so here’s a short list of things that I believe may help.

- Selling items slider should be set to max instead of minimum amount
- Re-introduction of pages. For myself on a slightly lower end computer, rendering large lists of items is very very slugging while scrolling and loading.
- Projected profit

These are small changes that would be awesome in my opinion, though they may not affect everyone. Having to load large lists with an endless scroll kills the loading time and user experience for myself. And I know it does for quite a lot of other people as well who don’t have the money to buy power house machines.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

One thing i would like to change definitely is that when you scroll down transactions, and cancel a buy order, that you don’t reset to the top of the list, instead that you stay the cursor where you left, so you can cancel the next order, without having to scroll down for every single cancel. If you have a lot of buy orders, this is tedious.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chris.2587

Chris.2587

I really miss the “add to my lowest listing” option when selling on the previous TP.

I loved this feature since it basically prevented me from undercutting myself when selling.

Now before I sell an item I have to go search my sell listings first.

Please bring this feature back.

in Black Lion Trading Co

insanemaniac.2456

>type “foefire”
>delete engineer filter
>type “foefire”
>type “foefire”

or…

>type “phoenix”
>delete engineer filter
>type “phoenix”
>select skins category
>type “phoenix”

Anyone else see this? Removing filters empties the text box.. but it doesn’t remove the foefire breadcrumb when i tried to replicate this.

Also.. to save you a bunch of clicks.. type foefire or phoenix from the home page. worked immediately for me.

ok i looked for it harder, it happens any time you type in a search and then select or deselect a category (on the left), but if youre in a category and select a subcategory it saves your search. if you delete the category breadcrumb your search is deleted.

it happens to me a lot because i know a few certain keywords to pull up certain items without really needing to add more search filters, but i wanted to further refine my search after. like “ley line” to bring up the ley line skins, but you also get anything with linen so maybe after i type that i want to pick the skins category and…. search box empties.

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kruhljak.2705

Partial Word search function is not global.

The sidebar lists headed by Current Transactions and History (also reached via My Transactions) and searches for items in your inventory (Sell Items) do NOT support partial word matching like the search function applied to Buy Items which searches the TP item database.

I think it’s generally considered poor form to be inconsistent because it introduces erroneous or misleading information when users forget one search does support partial words and others don’t.

For example, if I search for “migh appr” in my Current/History lists, I won’t get any returns even if I have 100 bids/listings for “mighty apprentice” gear. Conversely, if I apply that search to the main database via Buy Items, it will return proper listings.
It’s easy to see how this inconsistency can cause problems for users.

Obvious fix is to make partial word search global to all lists. Please don’t just remove it entirely as it’s very useful.

Edit: A bit of a clarification on this issue. Partial search DOES work, partially. Hadn’t noticed earlier, but if you enter a single word fragment like “bers” it will find anything with that word fragment in it, but if you enter “bers mac” it will NOT find a “berserker’s mace” in your list. The latter usage does work in the main TP search.

(edited by Kruhljak.2705)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kruhljak.2705

Problem1: We cannot use TAB to cycle forward to the next input cell in the Search options after setting the lower level range to search for. This standard Windows function does work as expected in the Buy/Sell panel.

Problem2: SHIFT-TAB cannot be used to cycle backward through input cells (anywhere) if that key-combo is currently bound to another purpose. Unless I changed it at some point, this key-combo defaults to Target Previous Enemy. When I unbound this key-combo, it worked as expected to cycle backwards through input cells on the Buy/Sell panel.

(edited by Kruhljak.2705)

in Black Lion Trading Co

insanemaniac.2456

i always use esc to close windows, but i cant close subwindows in the tp with it… i dont really expect to close the entire tp when i have a listing subwindow up and press esc.

i know its the same functionality as crafting stations and the mystic toilet where subwindows arent closed w/ esc, but i dont feel the need much there because anything important to me is still accessible with 2384 subrecipe windows open. but in the tp the buy/sell order popup covers the search window and disables search functionality while open.

it isnt intuitive for me and i guess ill get used to it, but if i could press esc (instead of clicking x or clicking on the tp outside of the popup) to close the buy/sell order popup, i think my life might be slightly better. moving my mouse is a bigger action than pressing esc with the hand that never moves away from the left side of my keyboard, and feels less natural.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fenar.4025

Fenar.4025

I think people don’t like it because it is new and they are used to the old trading post. I feel like it is better than the old but has a few issues that should be addressed. They are:

1. My sell order should not default to highest buyer. You should make the trading post automatically pick the price that a rational buyer/seller would pick

2. I should see my net profits and not have to use a calculator

3. My transactions screen should default to what I am selling or give me the option to set the default

4. Give me a button to sell max stack size so I don’t have to use the slider

5. why is the search string size limited?

6. why are my search results limited?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

1) I don’t want the TP to guess what I want to do, just remember what my preference of the two is.

2) Old TP didn’t show profits the way some wanted. Here they’ve eliminated confusion entirely but not providing any but provide both the posting fee and sales tax.

3) Old TP defaulted (at a rep) to the search page that had the four lists.

4) Click at the right end of the slider to max, although it should be more obvious.

5) You must type really long search strings.

6) If you haven’t noticed, all list lengths are limited size including history and current buyers and sellers.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kruhljak.2705

When items in my inventory are displayed (via “Sell Items”), only items that are stackable are listed in groups with a quantity greater than 1. With a full set of 8 20 slot bags, this often results in a longer than necessary list due to redundant entries, as compared to the old TP which conveniently stacked ALL identical items in the list which consequently condensed it making it much more efficient to sift through, manage, and scan.

Please bring this USEFUL detail back to us.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Linaeus.6253

Linaeus.6253

I think people don’t like it because it is new and they are used to the old trading post.

This is 100% wrong. There is way too much wrong with the new TP. They removed a great deal necessary information to increase performance, but performance is sometimes just as slow as the old TP and, for the past day, just as unresponsive. The fact that I can’t seem more than 20 different price points which 15 of them could be low numbers means there isn’t enough information to get a true price or quantity at those prices. The fact that there aren’t the number of sellers/buyers listed means there is no way to ascertain how many people you are competing with at a price point or if it is even worth competing at that time. The fact that I have to scroll and possibly miss some listings because the number of items displayed is the size of a gameboy screen is ridiculous. I’m not a geezer, but having to strain my eyes to such a small section isn’t ideal. If anything, I want an option to make the TP my entire screen just to have more information without needing to move up or down a page. These things NEED to be changed because they provide tools necessary to use the TP to full effect. Anet dumbing down the TP was a terrible idea and not having better speeds with less information just means the new TP is a complete downgrade to the old one.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Anyone know if there is a way around this situation?

Lots of buy offers for mithril ore at 37c
30 mithril ore at 38c available
Want to put offer in for 200 mith ore at 38c.

Will only let me put a buy offer in for 37c (with the other several thousand) or buy the 30 mith ore at 38c maximum.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: magic Star.4870

magic Star.4870

my problem with the new improvements…is To make parameters for what your looking for is not working for me. I can not find where to make them. when looking…I can either see lvl 80 gear…or i can flip the lvl’s over and get all lvl 0’s… ( char is lvl 69) can’t find any other lvl’s At this time I can not figure out how to get to the lvl gear I need for my char. There used to be a parameters you clicked on the place and you could set them…they are lost now. I think they need to come back.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Raze.3841

Raze.3841

From a frequent Dungeon/PvE’ers perspective

Pro’s

• The UI is a lot neater
  • Constantly scrolling down instead of ‘’Next Page’’ is more fluid.

Con’s

• Max sell button is gone (One of the bigger issues)
  • 250 Buy/Sell cap still in place
  • Having a slider to adjust quantity is horribly fumbly, exascerbates the the task of buying/selling items, it’s unneeded when you can highlight and type as fast/faster.
  • Arrow icons that control price adjustment are far too small imo.
  • The huge confirmation screen after a sale is unneeded
  • Some categories are too clumped together, of the top of my head, searching for ’’ore’’ would give me results like Charged C’’ore’’ etc.

Buying/Selling Item

1. When you try to buy in a quantity that’s more than the current seller’s stock, you get a message basically saying no until you manually click the next seller. This is a step backwards from OTP.
  1. When trying to sell an item, you end up listing it rather than having the default at the highest buyer.
  1. More difficult to tell if i listed, sold or bought anything at a quick glance

Suggestions/Improvements minus the above cons
*Add a large -/+ % based icon on the interface to simplify buying and selling. For example, if you were selling a exotic sword, you would have the option of putting it 1% or 5% below the current lowest sellers price to speed the whole process up.

Closing notes

Sadly, as a whole package, the trading post has been more of a hindrance than a benefit to me personally. It just feels i have to jump for more hoops to do what i want to do on the tp.

Intricacy [iV]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wolfington.5406

Wolfington.5406

My gripes with the new TP at the moment:

- Cancelling buy orders resetting to the top of the list every time. Can partially work around it by typing in the name of the item that I want to delete and then only that will show up in the search results.
- The TP not showing ALL my current buy/sell transactions. This is a real pain to try and work with, there are orders I literally can’t access.
- No ‘Match my Lowest Listing’ option when selling.
- Retrieving items from the TP causes a huge delay before I’m able to retrieve more items again.
- TP interface isn’t resizable.
- Teeny Tiny buttons on the buyer/seller lists.
- The ‘Sell/Buy Confirmed’ message buttons could do with being aligned with the previous menu’s ‘Sell/Buy’ buttons, or just able to be disabled or something.

Also I’ve always found the ‘Error when selling’ message and not being able to buy/sell multiple stacks in a couple of clicks irritating. I’m pretty sure these behaviours don’t really need to be there.

On the plus side I really like being able to bring up items in my inventory on the TP and see both the current buy and sell orders at the same time (even if those lists are limited).
Also not having to manually type numbers into fields every single time is pretty nice.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

I just had an experience I feel should not be experienced: I wanted to buy 250 small loot bags instantly. There was 10 listed for 1s20c, 1 for 1s60c, 4 for 1s61c, … 8 for 1s90c (that’s all that’s shown). If I try and enter ‘250’, it changes my text to ‘10’ because it’s set to 1s20c. If I take the time to scroll down and select the 1s90c listing, max price becomes 1s90c and quantity becomes ‘140’. changing quantity to ‘250’ just changes it back to 140. As it is, I have to buy 140 right now, wait for it to refresh, then do the math, then buy another 110 after the refresh. I can’t even increase my max price to 3s then enter ‘250’, because it turns that ‘250’ back to ‘140’.
I believe this fails for several reasons: can’t see more than 20 listings even if you wanted to (it should load the next 20 if you scroll all the way to the bottom of that list), and you can’t just enter how many you want to buy right now because you first have to set the max you want to pay, but before that you first have to research the max you can pay. Ideally, if you say you want to buy 250 things, it should set your max price to whatever it would take to buy 250 things. All this makes buying lots of things far longer and more involved than it should be.

(edited by Mystic.5934)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

And the max price entry under the quantity won’t let you set the price to 1g so there’s more than enough quantity for a stack?

Now I understand why they filter by max price first, so you don’t end up buying a few at a low price and not notice the price jump. Same with selling to high bid. You can’t dump and have the game automagicly make a sell order of the remaining amount at the previous high bid price. They want the player to be aware when these things happen. It’s only when you don’t care about the consequences that the new TP gets to be annoying.

Yes TP, I am aware of what will happen if you do as I ask, take off the safeties and let me do it.

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Claenden Dannagh.8346

Claenden Dannagh.8346

What does “Total Price” mean when selling an item? Why is it called the “Total Price,” when it is not the total of any prices?

If I buy apples, and the price is .89 per apple…and I buy one of them, the price is 89 cents per apple. If I buy 100 of them, the price is…..89 cents per apple.

Cost, well that’s something else. Sounds like nit-picking, but it’s little things like that, added up, that make the new TP very confusing.

When selling, “Total Price” is neither the price, nor is it the total. Nor is it the net profit. It is the amount of money that the buy will pay for your stuff. I don’t care what the buyer pays, I care how much money I get. Break out the calculator.