Permanent Hair Stylist Contract

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

I’m very interested in this item, I’d say it’s worth the 400-500g people are offering for it in the TP just a couple of questions about this item though.

Does it still come from Black Lion chests? Or only from the Wintersday mystery boxes?

Are the new/exclusive hair colors available in the permanent hair stylist contract?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

They only dropped from the wintersday gem boxes. That is why there hasn’t been one on the tp for so long. I have one and yes, you do get the special colors.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

They only dropped from the wintersday gem boxes. That is why there hasn’t been one on the tp for so long. I have one and yes, you do get the special colors.

Your information is very, very inaccurate.

All the permanent contracts are from the Black Lion Chests AND Wintersday Gem Boxes. During Wintersday the Black Lion Chests had 2x drop rate on permanent contracts.

If you want more information, look at the wiki.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Know who can edit the wiki? Anybody. That is why the wiki is wrong. Don’t you think it is just a little curious that the hair stylist contract is the only one with no stock, ever?

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Know who can edit the wiki? Anybody. That is why the wiki is wrong. Don’t you think it is just a little curious that the hair stylist contract is the only one with no stock, ever?

Because people used theirs… and the droprate was something like one in 100,000 iirc.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

I’m pretty certain Jabberwock is correct and you could never get them from Black Lion Chests to begin with. Wouldn’t be the 1st time the wiki has been wrong.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That is a matter of how you choose to interpret
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-December-14-2012

Rare mystery Wintersday boxes will have a chance to drop throughout the world. They will also be available in the consumable category of the Gem Store. They will contain gifts available in-game, plus a random item only available in the store.
Boxes will contain one to five gifts, plus one of the following:

• Common: a Wintersday dye pack, a gingerbread snowball mortar, or one of three unique Wintersday transformation tonics.
  • Uncommon: One of three new festive miniatures; a snowman, a festive golem, or the toymaker’s Infinirarium.
  • Rare: The festive fur cap, and a claim ticket for your choice of winter wooden weapons.
  • Very Rare: Infinite self-style hair kit or unique Wintersday baby quaggan miniature.

Permanent self-style kit isn’t mentioned anywhere else

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

Yes I’m pretty sure these were Wintersday Only, that’s when they started appearing, my girlfriend got one from her wintersday box and sold it for about 200 gold, since then there has only been a few listed, one as high as 800 gold. I assume this was intended or a glitch that they don’t drop out of the BLC.

At one time there were 20-30 of every contract and 0 hair stylist, common sense tells me they do not come from the BLC at all. Granted they could have been sold to bidders, I’m sure many would have been listed above bidders.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

/agree with the above posters. I had looked into this as well. One poster at one point hinted that Anet would probably add them to the BL chests “later”, after the Wintersday event. However, this never happened. There is no update/patch note that indicates this was indeed ever added to the BL chest. The only thing that was added to the BL chest as a “rare drop”, on 3 December 2012 to be precise, is the “one-time-use” hairstylist contract.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I wish that it would be added back. There are none for sale.. no way I would give mine up either though lol. Wish I would have tried harder for it but I misunderstood and thought they were in the bl chests and sticking around I guess I can hope they are available again for Wintersday.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I’d pay gems for this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: waldie.6015

waldie.6015

a good friend of mine got one months ago from a blc, she says.. but if it´s correct, i don´t know. i suppose not.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

Funny that they started out the cheapest of the contracts, around 150 – 200 gold when the rest were going for 500-700.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first